Yoga Max or Yoga Relax: Which One Do You Like Best?

I work out five or six days a week with cardio and weights, and am looking for that "Sunday workout" which will stretch me and rev me up for the following week. Help me decide, LOL. I do have Cathe's OnDemand, I do use it and like it, but I still prefer to have DVDs on hand for my favorite workouts. My laptop screen isn't all that big (16" or so), and for something like yoga or stretching that goes from standing-to-floor positions repeatedly, I'm going berserk trying to follow along properly. Between the light changes (depending upon viewing angle) and just the smallness of the screen I'm trying to view...nope. So, it's time for a DVD that I can put in my TV! I can only afford one new stretching workout right now on DVD (darn it!), and I just can't decide between Yoga Max or Yoga Relax. I like them both, but I can't make up my mind. On one hand, I really prefer starting with standing work, as Child's Pose is something I need to be a little warmed up to be in...so Yoga Relax is a little tough on my knees. On the other hand, Yoga Max holds poses just a tad longer than I'd like and is a bit heavy on the downward dog posture. They both have things I like about them, too. However, I have to choose between them for now.

Which of the two Cathe yoga workouts do you prefer, and why?

I prefer Yoga Relax if I want an easy stretch workout. If I want an active recovery workout, I prefer Yoga Max :)

I too prefer Yoga Relax. I find that I do yoga more for the stretching and this one does the trick perfectly. I've only done Yoga Max a handful of times because I too don't care for holding the poses that long. For a more active yoga, I still like my Kathy Smith New Yoga Challenge (Advanced). It has more of the flow with the breath moves with a few longer stretching poses like pigeon. I've had my Kathy Smith yoga dvds (3) for years and still do them at times. I use to have them on VHS, that's how long I've been doing them. I know that you have issues with the screen of your laptop, but you may want to try the free yoga classes on Youtube as a option. Best of luck.

I prefer Yoga Relax. I use yoga strictly for stretching and relaxation and don't like my yoga to be mixed with toning ( I.e. warrior pose, chaturanga, crow pose) or balance challenges.
Yoga Relax is an excellent stretch and I love that Cathe doesn't talk the typical yoga language about drawing energy from the sun , the moon or whatever :)

I love both, but I reach for yoga relax much more than max. Not sure if this would apply to your situation, but for what is is worth I do relax after being up and moving around for a few hours. I previously broke my lower back, and have had several back surgeries. I'm much tighter first thing in the morning and cannot flex forward well. A little latter in the day I don't have this problem.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.