yes, yes...another iTread post...buy THIS one

banslug

Cathlete
OK...sorry for another iTread post. But allow me to ENABLE you all right now!

I did the newest one this morning...iTread Set 25, Top 40, 40 minutes! I LOVED THIS ONE!!!! It was awesome. It was hilly, and I LOVE HILLS! And it finished with a fast-paced run where I just felt like I could KEEP ON GOOOOOOOINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG! LOVED IT!

Try it!

Gayle

Oh man, Gayle now I'm totally bummed! I would love to buy this one but I can't run--bad knees. Grrrr.

I wanted to ask you a different question about i-Trains anyway, though. I didn't sign up for any of their packages--I know you have the year long one, right? Do I need to buy a package or can I just download one every now and then and pay the $4.99 or whatever it is...?

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Hey, Allison. You can just buy as you go, paying whatever price is listed per workout!!! PM me your mailing address, ok???

Gayle

}( }( }(
That's EXACTLy why I posted this. My evil plan worked!

ENJOY IT! Let me know how you like it!

Gayle

Gayle,
Is it top 40 music plus a 40 min run? Hmmmm, may have to get it if it is. Even though, unlike you, I DO NOT like hills. Give me a good ole sprint instead! :)
LD

LD...yes, it's a 40 minute workout. I'm not sure why they call it "Top 40" to be honest. LOL Top 40 to ME means the top 40 SONGS! I think there are 5 or 6 songs, but I gotta tell you...THEY ROCK! I'm planning on doing this workout again tomorrow!

Gayle

>Oh man, Gayle now I'm totally bummed! I would love to buy
>this one but I can't run--bad knees. Grrrr.
>

>
>Allison
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Allison,

You don't have to run, you can walk the whole thing. That is what I do on most of them. Go at my own level since sometimes her walking level if too high for me. I can run a little bit but then my knee starts bothering me so I opt usually to walk.

Rhonda

I've listened to this one but haven't done it yet (it's on the agenda for tomorrow). I jotted down info though, in case anyone's interested. Oh, and Grace's idea of Top 40 is "her or iTrain's" favorite songs. She has this music made specifically for iTrain so it's not something you hear on the radio, lol.

iTread25– Hit List 40 Minutes (41:44) – (mph/incline/time – I follow jogger)
5.6-5.7
5.5 – 5.6 – 3% incline
5.5 – 5.6 – 0% incline
5.8 – 6.0
5.9 - 6.3
6.1 – 6.2
6.2 – 6.3
Walk - (18:55)
Walk - 6% incline
5.0 – 5.5 – 6% incline
Walk – 8% incline
4.8 – 5.0 – 8% incline
Walk – 0% incline
6.0 – 6.5
5.5 – 5.8 – 3% incline
5.5 – 5.8 – 0% incline
Walk – 37:32
Stretch 41:44

This is the other iTread 25 with Nick. I tried it out yesterday and really enjoyed it. He uses perceived exertion and you have to listen carefully to his cueing...sometimes he cues ahead and then doesn't tell you "when" to start (like Grace does). He also does about 4 minutes of side stepping which I found uncomfortable with my knee injury so next time I'll just power walk that segment. If you're looking for a nice incline walk with running this is great.

iTread25– 30 Minutes w/Nick (35:12) – uses perceived exertion not numbers
Walk (2 minutes) – low intensity
Walk – 3% incline – medium intensity
Walk – 5% incline – increase intensity (about 10 minute mark here)
Walk – 2.5 – 4.0 speed – side stepping 1 minute each side (twice)
Walk – Active recovery
Run – High Intensity (4 minutes)
Walk – Active Recovery
Walk – 7.5% incline – high intensity (4 minutes)
Walk – Active Recovery
Run – High Intensity (4 minutes)
Walk – Active Recovery
Walk – 3% incline – moderate cool down
Walk – 0% incline – cool down (35:12)

Kathy-I was thinking of YOU when I posted this (and Allison, of course), lol. I really enjoyed Grace in this new workout. I'm doing it tomorrow again! I followed the runners' numbers, and even went a bit faster than the high end sometimes, and I logged over 4.25 miles! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Gayle

LOVED this one, Gayle! I was taking in some serious oxygen during the 6% - 8% incline runs, though. My heartrate got up to 181 bpm, lol! :7

Kathy

HA!!!! Kathy-I did it again this morning and on that 8% hill, I had the speed at 7.0mph. Talk about huffin and puffin!!!!!! SOOOO glad you liked it!

Gayle

p.s. When I loaded that to my mp3 player the other night, it used up the very last gig of memory on it! lol I'm now shopping for a 2gig mp3 player! lol

I did just buy this one as your recommendation. I really like it. I am starting to like the Itrains more than the Cardio Coach's right now. I go back and forth. I am currently training for my first 1/2 marathon in April 08. I really like this workout. Thanks for the tidbit.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.