Xtrainers

Hi all!

Shelley - you mentioned last week that your knees were bothering you and now mine are. I think I am overdoing it on the lower body work with the Live workouts. The majority of them are high impact and it seems like I am working my LB 6 days a week, which is a lot. I think I am going to have to work in splits starting next week to see if that helps.

Susan~ Margaret has an internship at a hospital for June and will be doing her research work back at school in August. She is super exciting for the internship - she will be doing rounds with physicians as well as observing surgery. Have you ever done the false lashes? Margaret has them and is obsessed. She has to wear very little eye makeup with how dramatic they are. What is Abby doing for the summer?

K-I hope you are feeling better. Are the kids excited to be done with school? What are they doing for the summer?

Kathy~ How is work going? Are the kids working this summer?

Today was LI Sweat 1 and 2 and core #2.

HI Everyone!

Lisa---Oh jeez, I forgot about Margaret's internship! I'll bet she is super excited! :cool: Now comes the fun part of learning!

I have tried to use false lashes--full lashes and individual lashes-- but have never mastered getting them on correctly. Abby's nail tech keeps tempting me with a trial set of individual lashes that she glues on. Is that what Margaret uses or does she apply them herself?

Abby is looking into the Music Conservatory for some classes in songwriting and voice lessons.

Has anyone else checked KCM's youtube workouts? I've previewed the Boxing, UB Blast and LB & KBs. The format is 30 sec work/10 sec rest. Next month may have to be a KCM rotation. ;)

Today's workout was Cathe Live Gloved Up and Ready. Good workout but I was looking for longer cardio and this seemed fairly easy for some reason, my HR didn't get high at all. :confused: I wasn't excited to see that there was 4-limb weight work at the end but liked it in the end. LOL Didn't think I could manage the kickbacks in the plank position but I did them!! I used 10# DBs for all the weight work.

Susan - Margaret goes to Amazing Lash Studio. I don't know how they do them, but she is there for over 2 hours!

I saw the first KCM youtube workout. Her workouts just do not challenge me and doing them back to back don't flow well. I loved her really early releases, but the intensity has definitely fallen off.

I do sometimes have a hard time getting my heart rate up with KB workouts, that's why I like those with blasts. Those Live workouts certainly have a lot of 4limb weight work :D.

Hi ladies..

Lisa: Work is going well. I am slow growing my administrator role and taking on more responsibilities. The position in the past was mainly receptionist and filing. Since I have an accounting background, I have been helping more in those areas. Mainly accounts payable right now. I have also been doing some administrative duties in the Marketing department. Keeps me busy. The kids are both working this summer. Chris is still at Chick-fil and Lauren will be interning here where I work in the Marketing department. She is super excited. I think she starts next week.

Susan: So, Abby is musical? What instrument does she play. Good luck to her. Sounds like a fun summer.

Anyway, getting ready to head home. Tonight is PHA for my workout..

Morning Everyone!

Lisa---If Margaret goes every couple of weeks they are probably the ones that Abby's nail tech wants to do. I was going to try them in Houston because the salon/spa I was going to had them for a great price. I just wasn't sure how it would work when I got home. I am so missing all the services, shopping and dining that's available in the larger cities. LOL A country girl gone citified!! :p

Kathy---Abby can play the clarinet (but doesn't care to anymore) and is working on guitar but she loves singing. They have been doing a lot of voice lessons in senior choir but she is interested in trying some personal lessons. She loves writing songs but feels she needs some tips to make the songs better.

Checking in with Gym Style Chest & Tris and Ab circuits: weights and plates.

Hello all - the weather here has finally turned - its 80 degrees today.

Susan~ She has a monthly membership to the lash place. I think it's $80 a month for a full set. They really look nice. I would love to do it but I can't. You have to sit for 2 plus hours with your eyes closed. I would lose my mind! One of my biggest concerns with moving to another state is that they have all the services, etc I am used to fairly close to me. My hair and nail salon, Starbucks, supermarkets, etc are less than 5 miles from my house. I can walk to all of them and usually do when the weather is nice.

I started Barbell Upper Body Live this morning but could not get back 15 minutes of the 41 minutes. It was too may reps, tempo changes, etc. I just could not get into it. I ended up with Xtrain Bis and Tris.

Margaret joined a gym for the Summer since she works out at one at school. They have so many offerings, I am a little envious, but I do enjoy working out at home ;)

What a terrible way to start my day. I was so excited after missing two days of workouts that I was up and at 'em this morning. I got half way through PHA Live only to have their damn system freeze up. It was not my computer or internet that was having a problem because everything else worked. It was Cathe's streaming system. After trying so hard for so long, I had to give up and do an ab workout. Just as I finished and had to get in the shower for work, their system came back up. I am fuming about this because my window of opportunity for workouts is extremely small and limited. Oh to be retired and have all day to myself - can't even imagine what that must feel like - to be able to work out whenever I want for as long as I want.

Gerry's back surgery is scheduled for June 26. He is in the middle of pre-op testing and we have things to do around the house and property to get ready for this. I will be working mostly from home with a few scheduled trips back and forth to the office to transport documents. I will also use up some vacation time I have stored. It's going to be a very hectic summer for us.

Lisa---It sounds like the same type of lash extensions but they are much more expensive here than it was in Houston ($79 first visit & $39 after) and what Margaret is paying. The downfalls of living in a rural area. :( When you relocate, just don't move to western PA and you should be good! ;)

We have 80+ too! Our AC is broken so I'm enjoying the heat and getting to wear my shorts and tanks tops!! Our house is usually so cold from the AC that I wear sweatshirts and long pants. The forecast is for the temps to go back down into the 60s next week...so I'm loving it for now!! LOL

I was looking at that workout to do tomorrow but maybe I'll look for something different. Do you think it would be more doable if I watched it (in FF mode) and wrote down the exercises? I hate when I cant keep up with Cathe.

Shelley--I would be extremely frustrated and angry too if I was not able to complete my workout because of tech issues. I've been doing a few Live workouts and I always manage to pick the low quality streaming....grrrrr.

How many more years do you have to go before you can retire? Will you be working from home for the entire summer?

I will be praying for Gerry and for you. He is probably anxious to get the surgery behind him and be pain free.

I have been playing around with new hair styles as I've been styling my hair the same for 20 years!! So I've been looking through Pintrest and youtube and recently tried doing my own blowout. I have to say that I love the results!! So much volume and I sometimes add some loose curls. I was going to chop my hair off in a bob but I think I'll try this for awhile first. Anyone else ever get tired of doing their hair the same way?

Last night I did 35 min on the TM and this morning was Cathe Live Kick Punch Cardio.

Hi all!!

Shelley~ It drives me NUTS when I have technical difficulty with Live. I then have to stop and pop in a DVD. I hope all goes well with Gerry and the surgery. I love the PHA Live workout!

Susan~ I laughed when you said you wear sweatshirts and long pants in your house with the AC since ours is the same way. I prefer the windows to be open unless its really hot and humid. Ryan not so much. He was making fun of me this morning for not having the AC on when I was working out!

My hair was longer is HS and then I cut it really short when I had the kids in my late 20's since it was easier. At 39 I decided I wanted to grow it out. My hair grows rather quickly and its well past my shoulders - closer to my boobs :) I do not have the patience to do it myself so I get a blowout 3 times a week. Another perk of living in a dense area - LOTS of blow dry bars :D.

Yesterday was Afterburn and today was Lean Legs and Abs. Afterburn never gets easier for me! I am looking forward to getting back to my Live workouts next week.

Hi Everyone!

Lisa---if there was somewhere near me where I could get my hair done daily, I would go in an instant! I love the look of the blowout but it is very time consuming. Maybe if I was ambidextrous, it would be easier and quicker. LOL

Today was Live Upper Body + core.

Tomorrow is manis, pedis, eye brows......ahhhhhhhh.

Hi all!

Susan we did mani pedi eyebrows yesterday. Today is hair color and masssge.

Last night we saw a great local theater performance of Sister Act. The singing was amazing!

Yesterday was a rest day and today was Compound Giant Sets Live. It was a good one.

Thanks Susan. I'll only be working from home a couple weeks, with frequent trips back and forth to the office. It's only ten miles each way. I have to fit in my usual housework, working out, and my parents, so it's seeming to be a lost summer before it even starts. I can probably retire in the next few years if I want. Have to check out the SS and my 401 to make a determination.

Lately I have been thinking of moving, downsizing, to a ranch with far less property. There's too much work around here. I have a grass cutting service coming in to help beginning mid-June. With all the rain, I am always cutting grass. We live on 8 acres but a lot of it is wild grapevines and trees and brush. Still there's a lot of pushmowing to do while Gerry does the rider - which he will not be able to do after surgery. After all that, I washed both vehicles inside and out. Made it inside just in time to watch the Preakness.

Yesterday it rained all day so I was able to get my inside work done. I have also been organizing my photos online which is a huge job as they go back decades and are all scanned to my computer.

What exactly is a "blowout"? Very curious what it is and if I'd like it. I told you I had my hair colored very very dark but it is already faded back to very light brown, almost like a caramel. I don't like dark hair on me anymore but blonde was also not for me. I wish I had eyebrows that someone could do something with but I tweezed them at 17 and they never grew back. They are very thin and I have to pencil them but I would never do the tattoos everyone is suddenly doing. I did try Vega Brow and so far three weeks later not a hair has appeared so that was $50 down the drain.

I also love pedis but have no nails to get manis on. I have to wash my hair every morning without fail, whereas many people I know go several days. I just can't do it and don't want to do it, especially with sweating from working out. To me it's like brushing teeth - it must be done. So perhaps a blowout is not for me, whatever it is, as I wouldn't want to wash it out.

Another two Live workouts under my belt this weekend - Soaker Cycle and Totally Pumped Total Body. The first part of Totally Pumped nearly took me out! I have been trying to increase my weights. I am now somewhat able to do pushups on my toes but just cannot get my chest all the way down to the floor. My triceps are stronger as is my back and chest. My biceps are still uncommonly weak which is odd! I see the girls in the class doing bicep weight several pounds higher than me like they are lifting a feather. Not sure why I cannot strengthen my biceps as of yet but will keep trying.

Lisa, Afterburn and the step portion of Athletic Training never get easier for me.

I was writing with Jen last week and she as of yesterday has come up with a third rotation including the newer Live workouts as well as some of her older favorites. The only thing is that she has a lot of kickboxing which I can't stand. I supposed I could substitute spinning which she can't stand!

Hi all!

Shelley~ That is a LOT of property. It's impossible to get that much land around here!
I give you a lot of credit for cutting the grass and washing the cars yourself. Ryan does the lawn and I take the car to the car wash. If Ryan didn't do it, I would most likely pay someone. I can't stand the dirt, bugs, etc.

A blowout is just having someone wash and blow dry/flatiron your hair. My hair does not get very dirty or oily even with working out everyday. If it does, I just use dry shampoo between washes. I can't wash it everyday or the color fades too quickly and it gets overly dry.

Yeah for a new Live rotation!

Today was All Out LI Hiit plus KCM Bootcamp stretch.

Lisa you are lucky. I am a sweaty mess when I am finished. My head particularly sweats a lot :-(

No workout for me today. I am sad. I have a second friend who has been battling colon cancer for six years. The first one passed away in 2006. This second friend I have been close with since we entered kindergarten together at 5 years old. She has fought so hard these past years. Yesterday we had to go to the hospital to say our goodbyes as there is nothing more that can be done for her and she is now in the hands of God and Hospice. It feels strange to know I will never again pick up the phone and hear the same familiar and comfortable phrase "Shel? Hi it's Sue!"

So I have given myself today off and I will resume life tomorrow.

Does anyone have plans for Memorial Day? I don't as of yet. It's supposed to rain :-(

Shelley ~ I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancel is an evil disease.

It looks like Saturday is the best day of the weekend for the beach so we are definitely going down. No clue the rest of the weekend.

Today was Upper Body with Ball Live. The core work on this was really good.

Hi everyone!

Shelley---I am so sorry to hear that your friend is fighting cancer. It frustrates me that after all these years we are no closer to finding a cure.
Many prayers for your friend and for you. My best friend in high school recently passed away from cancer. She lived in CA so we didn't get to talk a lot anymore. She had kids and grandkids that kept her very busy. :)

I cannot imagine trying to do all the outside work and inside work! I'm glad to hear that you have a lawn service coming in to relieve some of the workload. I'm with Lisa.....its a carwash for me now. I used to clean inside and out and wax but that was before I had my own home and family to take care of. :p

I use a round brush when I do my blow drying and then ad a few curls on the ends with either a flat iron or a curling iron. My hair is too damaged and uneven to leave it straight. I have no finger nails either! They peel horribly but I cannot stand to look at them and I have no time to mess with fixing polish everyday so I get a shellac manicure that should last 10-14 days. My polish usually begins peeling off after a week. They tell me I need to wear gloves when I do dishes and when I'm cleaning. I think It's more related to my thyroid. :rolleyes: My eyebrows are very thin too (70s style)! ;)

Lisa---Doesn't it feel great to be pampered a bit? :) The salon we go to is doing some major renovations and it is really looking nice. I'm hoping they are going to add a couple more masseurs and massage rooms. Then I'll get my full day of pampering done! LOL

How nice to be going to the beach this weekend!!! :cool: I hope the rain holds off and the temp comes up a bit! We've been getting tons of rain and it's only in the 50s-60s....brrrrr. It looked like you might have been getting some crappy weather, too, so hopefully that will change.

Fri--Strong UB with Core Live
Sat--rest
Sun--45 min TM/30 min spin + Core
Mon--BodyBeast Bulk Chest & Legs
Tue--BB Bulk Bi + 35 min TM (weighted) + Core
Wed--BB Bulk Shoulders + 40 min TM
Thurs--BB Bulk Back + Tris + Core

I've added extra ab/core work as there is usually only one exercise on each workout.

No plans for the weekend......looks like a cool rainy holiday. :( We thought about going to the drive-in theater but I think it might be a little too rainy. We'd like to see a few new movies-- Pirates Of the Caribbean, King Arthur, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and Baywatch.

I've been reading the books Abby has to read for Language Arts and the current book is quite inspiring, sad and unbelievable. It's called "The Glass Castle". It is a very easy read and I'd recommend it if you are looking for a new book. I have a list of books that I'd like to have time to read....maybe this summer (hoping)! Is anyone else reading any good books?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.