Xtrainers

I have a new cell phone - a Google Pixle XL. I am struggling to learn how to use it since I am so un-techy. In a few months my lease is up and I have to get a new vehicle. I am looking at Jeeps. Do any of you have experience or opinions on Jeeps? I love the look of the Renegade but am being told to go with the Compass or Cherokee.

Shelley ~ I am sorry but I can be no help with the phone nor the Jeep. I am SUPER cheap with phones and cars so I buy really basic. :cool: My brother did have a Cherokee and could not wait to get rid of it. There was always something wrong with it.

Hi all. Yesterday was my rest day. We went into NYC for some shopping. It was a nice day for February. Sunny and upper 40s. Today is a different story-freezing rain and cold. I don't even want to leave the house again but I have a massage and blow out and there is no way I am not going to that lol.
Today's workout was ICE LI Sweat 1 core 2 and a segment of Travis Elliot's Yoga Foundations.
Hope you are all having a good weekend!

Hi everyone.

It's freezing rain / snow / sleet here today. Definitely a stay at home day and I have been on the couch creating a stellar Cathe Live list of my own, while watching it snow, and listening to Law & Order episodes.

I am getting the hang of my new phone. I test drove several Jeeps of varying models yesterday. Still deciding . . .

Thanks for trying to help me, Lisa! Enjoy your massage and blow-out. I am going to darken my hair today. I have gone overboard with the highlights this month and yesterday I caught an image of myself in the dealership window - could not believe how blonde my hair is.

Other than this, a totally lazy day for me!

Happy Monday all!

Today was Total Body Weights Live. This was lighter weight/high reps which I really do not like. These type of workouts seem to bother my joints much more than heavier weights/less reps. I have noticed, unless I have not previewed enough of the workouts, that there are not a lot of heavy weight workouts.

Happy Monday! :p

Shelley---Sorry!!!! I am no help when it comes to cell phones. Doesn't your phone have a really good camera?
I always liked the Jeep Cherokee but haven't looked at the newer models. Again, no help. :( What color are you thinking of getting?
Did you see that Cathe is now offering the Cathe OnDemand app for droids? I use this app all the time and love it!
I'll bet your hair is beautiful, as it always is!! Mine had gotten almost white blonde so I've been adding in some low lights. At my last appt my stylist cut off 4 inches when I asked for a 1-inch trim. Needless to say, I was not a very happy girl!!:mad:

Lisa---Ahhhh....NYC!!! :):):) Can't wait to go back!! Did you encounter any madness as I see there are more protests. I wish people would focus on working together and accomplishing something instead of all this fighting. :(

Still wearing my brace and no UB workouts. I tried to lift a 5# dumbbell last night and was unable to even hold it without pain. Chris keeps telling me to just work my good side which would be ok but it is already bigger than the other side. :rolleyes: In the meantime, its cardio & legs.....my two least favorite things to do. LOL

Thurs--Rest:(
Fri--Rest :(
Sat---30 Min TM walk & ab work
Sun--50 Min TM walk/run + ab work + leg work with bands. I tried rowing one-handed but that was a flop. LOL
Mon--60 min TM incline intervals + abs + 200 walking lunges & 3 sets of 75 reps firewalkers

I am doing really well with my new cell phone. It is a Google Pixel XL and very user friendly. It is supposed to take phenomenal photos but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I seem to like the Jeep Renegade, Limited version, in Colorado Red with black rims. I think I like it so much because it is so "not" me. It is different looking than every other SUV going down the road. I hated the Compass, and don't want to spend what they want for a Cherokee plus I don't want a vehicle even larger than my current GMC Terrain Denali - also bright red. I want to downsize but still be in an SUV.

Susan I am sorry about you being injured. Something or other always seems to hurt on me.

I put a toner in my hair Schwarzkopf Igora foam in level 5 whereas I am a level 8 right now. It has toned it to the perfect ash shade of dirty blonde/light brown. I wish I could keep it this exact color. It's somewhere between my blonde self and the avatar under my other name Sandcastle here. I am also growing out to longer layers again. This shoulder-length stuff is not for me even though I am older.

Lisa if you are looking for heavy weightlifting I do not think you'll find it on Live. Cathe only seems to use up to 15#. For lat rows she typically holds in her hand a 15 and a 12. She mentioned somewhere on site that Live is based on what type of equipment is in that room where they record. I am not sure but I think it was due to the fact that everyone has to get their weights and carry them to their spot etc. I feel I got stronger doing only Live because I typically do not lift super heavy so what she was using was great for me as it challenged me and I forced myself to perform since it's not as easy to stop Live as it is a DVD. You may have to up your weights on your own and do slower reps, or else use it on alternate days of non-intense. Maybe that's why I like it so much - it's not killer or body building caliber, but still I am challenged. I spent my entire Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon perfecting my list now I want to put it into the rotation that Jen shows on her blog.

Susan~ I hear you on the cardio/leg work. It is getting really old for me and I hope I can go back to UB soon. It seems like there are always protests in NYC. We stayed clear of any Trump properties this trip as Ryan and I are both over it big time. I cannot stand to get haircuts as I always tell my stylist to just take a dusting off and she ends up taking more.

Shelly~ You are super brave to color your own hair . I am single process just to cover the gray and I can't do it. I am a brat and LOVE to get my hair done. I get a blow out a few times a week at the salon and get colored once a month. It's really dark brown almost black. I don't follow the rules that some do when it comes to hair length and age. Mine is well past my shoulders and I want to keep growing it.
Once my shoulder is better, I will have to add in DVD's for my weight work. I love the cardio, metabolic and circuit workouts on Live, but it's definitely not enough weight work.

Today was Hi/lo Hitt live and Barred Amped Ball Stretch.

Hey all
Happy Valentine's day
I am back from Chicago. It was good to be with my friend and spend the chemo day with her and the rest of the weekend. The day after chemo we walked abut 15,000 steps. Not sure how but we kept talking and walking.
The day I left here it snowed but I think we had about 4 inches looks like Lisa got the most. I was able to shovel the snow before I headed out.

Funny my friend and I were talking about prayers. We both are not religious but spiritual do I make sense ? but prayers do help because you feel you are a part of something. Thanks Susan.

Susan, I hope your wrist is not broken ? Did you go to the dr. ? Is it swollen ? TM workouts are you making up your own or are you looking at iTrain ? Have you tried cardio coach ?

Lisa, once you get familiar with the workouts you can definitely ramp up the weight but low reps. I have done this a few times now and it works. I love NYC where do you stay ? I usually like to stay around Soho area.

Shelley, I don't care about cars. I have been seeing ads about google pixel but know nothing about it.

Yesterday was last Thursday's UB workout. It was a great workout.

-K

K -I totally understand what you mean about being not religious but spiritual. I consider myself the same way. I do dabble a very little bit in Buddhism as that makes the most "sense" to me. We are a 25 minute train ride into NYC so we do not stay there. I do love the Soho area as well as Chelsea/Meatpacking.

I woke up super late this morning so all I could manage was Crush LI Live (I think that was the name). It was very similar to LI Sweat.

Kiran---Your friend is very lucky to have you!! Your being there must have helped her get through the chemo and not feel so alone. I will continue to keep your friend in my thoughts and to wish for an easy, successful course of treatment.
No I haven't been to the Dr but the swelling has gone done in my wrist and I'm getting some movement and strength back so Im sure I just pulled something. This old body just can't keep up with my mind that believes I'm still in my 20s. LOL
I haven't ever done cardio coach nor looked into iTrain. I usually just try to get my HR at a certain level for so many minutes by various ways. :D
I am running for longer periods and able to run faster, so I think I'm making progress.

Lisa---I feel like a big baby pouting because I don't want to exercise because it's TM or legs. LOL Either is ok if I can get some weights in afterwards. Weights are like a prize for me.
If people would put forth as much energy to fixing problems instead of fighting, this world would be such a beautiful place. There are so many homeless people that need help. So many children are abused!! And it's crazy the amount of human trafficking that takes place in our country. My heart aches when I watch the news.

Shelley---The vehicle that you would like to get sounds gorgeous!!! I love red vehicles but we always end up with black or silver for some reason. Did you put the toner on yourself??? If so, you are one super brave girl!! I'm going to get my extensions out and see if they'll work with my shorter hair. I used them for volume before so I think they'll be way to long now. Does your hair grow fast?? Mine takes forever to grow. :(
I enjoyed seeing your Mom and Dad on FB. They both still look very good! I hope that they are doing well!

I was able to use light weights last night and to complete moves that didn't put any strain on my wrist so I am a happy happy girl!!

Tue--TM w/weighted vest + abs
Wed--my own UB lightweight hi rep workout + 100 rep Scarecrows

Susan, Thank you. It felt good to be with her. I have to tell you with my foot I thought it was just a sprain bcos the welling went town. A month later, when I got MRI done, I found out that I have 3 bone contusions, some ligaments torn and a tear in the tendon. All I am saying is please check it out.
-K

Hi all - happy Friday. Margaret is coming home this weekend as she needs a mental break. I am super excited to have her home.

Susan~ I hear you on my mind thinking I am in my 20's. I will be 50 this year and I don't believe it :eek:. I get so frustrated as I have so much more free time now to workout now that the kids are gone and if it's not my elbow its my shoulder or my hips.
Agreed on the fixing problems instead of complaining out them. I work with a bunch of people like that. In the time you are complaining the job/work is done!

K~ How is your foot feeling? Nice job with keeping up with the workouts.

Today was PHA Live - LOVED it.

Hello to Shelley, Saundra and Kathy. I think we lost everyone else :(

Lisa I also loved PHA live - and there is even a PHA live #2 !!! I like them both so much more than the S&S PHA. All around I just love the live workouts. There are only a few that didn't interest me - for example Push Pull but it is somewhat fashioned after the original dvd, which also was not challenging. The other day I did Boot Camp Blast Off (#92) but poor Cathe had so much trouble with the music that day that she had to keep stopping to go fix the player. "We" still kept active with jumping jacks and such while she fiddled with the player. Maybe that is why this particular workout did not make the rotation list that JenGolff made up, as she prefers only the most challenging in her two workouts. Actually her first rotation was only about 30 workouts because it was from the early stages of live. Her later rotation is six weeks of six workouts per day. That is the one I am working to incorporate into my list because that is the rotation I want to begin, as soon as I can make myself!

I had my nose cauterized this morning and I am back at work but very uncomfortable and my nose is burning. When I was a little girl I had many nosebleeds and repeated cauterizations. But that was 55 years ago. Now suddenly I am back to getting two and three nosebleeds a day, and I mean nosebleeds! So I finally went this morning. Of course I drove the doctor crazy because I kept asking him how does he know if it is something serious like a brain tumor or cancer, if he doesn't give me an MRI or CT scan. He said lots of folks get nosebleeds and if it were that everyone had such scans, there would be no other work done in the office. Still I don't trust that it is only a blood vessel in my nose that keeps rupturing. My sister has been getting these for 7 years now. She thinks it's genetic. I find it extremely difficult to believe that genetics can play a role in the inner structure of our nose vessels. She has been cauterized many times these past years. I am hoping that doesn't happen to me. It was not pleasant this morning having my nose prodded. And this doctor was not at all tolerant of my queasiness.

To make matters worse - no lifting or aerobics or jarring of any kind until Tuesday. I hope I can still vacuum. I cannot go without vacuuming.

I am dying to try the several most recent live workouts - Strong and Lean Reps, Body Works, and Body Rock Boot Camp - all from this last month. They look great. I want to do the newer ones as soon as they come out, then afterwards go back to the earlier ones.

I would like to know more about Budha teaching too!

Lisa have a wonderful time with Margaret and say hello to her.

Kiran hoping all good things for your friend. She is lucky to have you!

Susan how is Abby doing with the girl at school?

Hello Saundra, Kathy, Jann

Lisa you like kickboxing? I can't stand it.

You girls give me far too much credit. I cannot do my own hair. The toner I spoke of comes in a tall thin can by Schwarzkopf and it comes out in poofs of foam - you simply massage it into your hair and let it stay while you take the rest of your shower. Then rinse it out. For a solid week my hair feels like silk whereas it typically feels like straw or a brillo pad. I cannot locate it anymore. My stash is from years ago. It used to come in varied colors. It is called IGORA toning foam by Schwarzkopf. It is foolproof to use. I cannot color my own hair. I am glad I experimented with being blonde but I have to say it is not for me because my skin is too yellow/olive. I am better off being the color you see in my recent FB photos with my parents from Valentine's Day.

Kiran---I think that is the reason I don't want to go to the DR...I'm afraid he will say no weights for a month or more. :( How is your foot doing? How much more PT do you need?

Lisa---I hope you had a wonderful weekend with Margaret! Was it warm enough to go to the beach? We sat in the sun for a couple of hours yesterday. The air was chilly but the sun was so warm. I put blankets over the deck railings to help stop the air from blowing on us. We probably looked like a bunch of rednecks. LOL :p

Shelley---I hope you are feeling better today! Do you get nosebleeds all year long? Abby gets them all the time but so did Chris when he was younger. She seems to have more (several nosebleeds a day) when she is under a lot of stress. And boy does hers bleed!! She gets so embarrassed when they happen in school. Its funny that now they tell you to lean forward and blow your nose but years ago you were supposed to tilt your head back, lay down and NOT blow your nose.

The bullies seem to be taking a break. Not sure what happened but it is nice for Abby to come home from school smiling and laughing about the day. She thinks they have stopped because there is nothing more that they can do to her that will make her feel bad. She said the last thing was the worst so she can handle anything else now. It makes my heart break every time I think of her feeling this way. Kids are so cruel!!

We had some beautification done on Sat (mani/pedi/brows) and it felt wonderful!! We did a little shopping afterwards. Not very much new spring stuff but we found some really good buys.

Fri---TM/spin + abs
Sat---Legs :(
Sun---Ch/Ba/Sh + abs
Mon--Bi/Tri + abs

Still doing Hi Reps with Lighter weights for weight work. By the fourth set I am really feeling a burn so I'm hoping to get some definition lifting with this technique. (trying to stay positive LOL):D

Shelley---I forgot to ask you if you had ever tried using coconut oil as a treatment for your hair? I use it once a week and it really makes my hair silky soft. I also make a sugar scrub with coconut oil to use in the shower and this winter my skin has not gotten horribly dry like it normally does.

Hi ladies!
Shelley- I don't love kickboxing but I feel like I need to mix up the cardio or I would do HIIT everyday.

Susan -Margaret had to do work to do even though she came home so we didn't do much. We did get manicure and pedicures Saturday afternoon.

Yesterday I had a facial which was wonderful.

Sun-45 minute walk and yoga
Mon-RWH HIIT 1 and 2

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.