Xtrainers

Belated Happy Birthday Susan!!! Wow! sounds like a great trip.
Results of my MRI I have bruised 3 bones and torn my ligament. It takes 3 months to recover and I am on steroids for the week. I also started my PT. The next session is today.
Lisa, glad your shoulder is improving. How do you feel today ?
Roselyn, what was your favorite workout in the new series.

Shelley, How are you ?
Friday: PT + Trainer
Thursday ICE Chiselled LB used heavier weights and it turned out to be a good workout
Wednesday LI cardio + UB Ball Live
Tuesday Boxing live
Monday Muscle Max Live with step

Hey Kathy,Saundra
-Kiran

K-Ouch that sounds painful! Are you still able to workout? My shoulder was a little more sore then usual after working my UB. I may skip it next week. It's just DO hard as I really do not like cardio and there are only so many leg workouts you can do!

Today was ICE LI Sweat and Barre Amped LB Stretch.

I hope you all have a good day. I told my boss not to expect much from me today as I will be watching all the inauguration festivities :D

Hi everyone. I only have a brief moment so sorry if I miss posting about some subjects.

Kiran I am so very sorry to hear of your injuries. Are you still able to work out at all?

Susan what a wonderful trip. You have really become a traveler of late. How I envy that but am happy for you. I was in Key West in the late 80's and loved it. Dying to go to a real beach again yet in my lifetime. But unfortunately I now see many of my hopes and dreams fading away.

Lisa I am looking forward to more football this weekend. Who would have ever thought that of me?!?!? Also I wish I could watch the inauguration but our new company does not permit streaming and actually blocks it from our computers. What do they care - they are from France. Very pathetically sad.

Hello to the rest of our group.

My back muscle is beginning to feel much better and I may get back to my Cathe Live series beginning as soon as tomorrow.

Lisa if you decide to enroll in Live, there is a wonderful list going around of all the workouts and what they consist of. Every so often the girl updates it but in between, I keep it updated myself until she puts hers out there. If ever you are interested, let me know and I'll email what I have to you.

I shouldn't post this comment on Cathe's website but I am so much more in love with Live, than with the S&S series. I hope I am not offending anyone.

Talk again soon. Have a great weekend. Hope everyone's injuries heal quickly!

I am able to workout UB and low impact LB absolutely no jumping.

Shelley, I have that list too. Feel better.

Lisa, I feel the same way about UB. There are only so many UB I can do.
Kiran

Hi all!
Shelley I will let you know when I decide to sign up for Live and will take you up on your offer. I will get around to it soon. We will be watching football on Sunday as well. I have to get my hair colored but will do it before the games start.
K as least you can do something. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't work out at all. It would drive me nuts.
I need to get motivated to clean this house before my manicure and pedicure but cannot tear myself away from watching the inauguration events. I have a LOT of expectations for President Trump. :D
Hello to all the other ladies. Have a good day.

Thanks for all the b-day wishes everyone!

Lisa---I am loving the dark grey that has become popular. It's such a versatile color. I love it paired with red or pink and silver. Even blue looks great with it.
I thought that the shoulder work was way more than the tris and bis. I love working my shoulders but I also like a more balanced workout. ;)

I too have a LOT of expectations for President Trump. The media is claiming his speech to be so dark but I found it uplifting and invigorating. LOL I also find it refreshing to see things being done differently than what DC "normally" does.....liking the NYC touches. It's time for business to take a front seat and politics to take a vacation. :cool:

How did you like Madonna's rant? She is thinking of blowing up the White House????? She certainly hasn't gotten better with age....still up to her old antics. LOL

Shelley---While we were waiting in the airport for our baggage, there were so many groups of women excitedly chatting about their plans. All I could think was how fun it would be if we could all travel somewhere for a weekend of fun. :)
The Keys have been on my bucket list forever! We had a blast driving down from Miami even with all the bridges! :eek: Did you get to all the Keys? What did you do at Key West? Did you do any snorkeling/diving? Our trip was short and we did educational things as we had taken Abby out of school, once again. :oops:
How is Gerry doing? I keep thinking of him and wondering how he is dealing with his pain? I am glad to hear that your back is improving...no more muscle spasms?

Kiran---Oh my gosh!!!! Three bruised bones and a torn ligament??? That sounds incredibly painful!! Was this injury from when you were on vacation? Many prayers for a quick recovery and many hugs, too!

I am so depressed from a lack of sunshine. It is so hard living here when I know how nice it is in different parts of the country. And YES Lisa I would love to retire somewhere sunny and warm!!!!!!!!
I managed run/walk Treadmill workout Wed but Thursday was so dismal here I could not make myself go workout. Friday was Chest and Back and abs ( feeling better from the Inauguration speech) but then yesterday was no workout again. We had manis and pedis done (I got bright pink toe nails and clear sparkly finger nails) looking for bright and summery thoughts. We also went to see XXX The Return of Xander Cage......loved it!!! It is the first of this series of movies that I really enjoyed. I loved Nina Dobrev's role---super funny!
Today was an hour run on the treadmill and core work. Felt pretty good after the workout but this dark dreary weather took care of that good feeling in a hurry. :rolleyes::(

Happy Monday!

Susan~ I am all for peaceful protest but some of the speeches were too much for me. I wish we could just let the man take office and see what happens. Do you get regular manicures or gel manicures? I would like to just get regular manicures but it never lasts! My nails are very short and round and I always get black on my nails all winter and a pale white/pink in the summer. I am very boring.

I hear you on the gray days. I cannot remember the last time I saw the sun. We are suppose to have a bad rain storm today and tomorrow. I will take it over snow anyday. I can't really complain about the winter here so far. We do have to get through Feb and March though.

K ~ How is your foot? Are the kids doing well?

Shelley~ How are you and Gerry feeling? Is his surgery scheduled?

Hello to Saundra and Kathy. I hope you are doing well.

Today was Xtrain Legs. That whole series is great.

A quick check in for me today. I did a Cathe Live this morning. I could feel the back muscle but was able to get through.

I wanted to check on all of you due to the storm coming up the east coast. I saw terrible news about the Jersey shore and thought of you Lisa - are you ok? Also Susan I think you will get the freezing sleet we are supposed to get tonight and just in time for me to drive Gerry to the neurologist tomorrow morning during rush hour. Will let you guys know how his appointment goes.

Who else is on the coast - Saundra, Jann, Kathy - is everyone ok?

I managed to find out that I could watch the inauguration on yahoo from work so I watched all day Friday and into the night from home I watched the news shows and clips of the balls. Lisa I kept imagining you watching too. And how about those football games!!!!! Blow outs!

Susan it was in the 80's that I was in the keys - started in Boca Raton and drove down to the keys all the way to Key West. Have photos at that southernmost point of the continental US. Have even further more southern points from Hawaii but that's a different story. We did a glass bottom boat trip in Key Largo and that was my first experience with sea sickness, and one I will never forget.

Editing this post to remove my political rant from last night. I just wish the extreme disrespect towards this highest office and towards our country would stop, and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Shelley~ I am right there with you on the political rant. I am totally over it. We are in North Jersey (20 minutes west of NYC) so we did have some wind but nothing like the shore. Jacob lives in West Long Branch and a roof came off an apartment complex. It was unreal. I am sick of the Patriots being in the Super Bowl. I hope Atlanta can beat them!

Today was Crossfire. I have not done that one in a while and forgot how much I like it!

Lisa I am glad you were spared bad weather. Yes that Brady is something else with repeatedly bringing his Pats back to the SB. I was so hoping Green Bay would move ahead.

There is a Crossfire Live but I have not tried it yet. I have decided to skip all of the kickboxing Live workouts because I simply despise kickboxing and don't even do the videos I have. I love metabolic workouts, now I even love weight training, and I have gotten away from straight cardio workouts. I have long given up on complex step choreography.

Quick question for you guys - do you have any problems with jumping full two-footed onto the step during cardio blasts? Or doing straight leg push-ups? Burpees? These are all so challenging for me.

I assume the push-up challenge comes from weight. I once read that if you do a push-up on a scale and see how much weight you are actually "pushing up" you will be surprised. I just don't have the upper body strength to do more than a couple.

Jumping full two-footed onto the step - could it again be the weight I am being forced to propel up into the air? Or is it my shortness at 5'1"? I used to be 5'2" but not anymore.

Burpees are just impossible for me. I can do one for the cast's every three.

Looking for honest answers and advice. Thanks.

Shelley~ I am 5'2 as well and I can to the two-footed jumping on the step but I only use 2 risers on each side. I can do burpees but I despise them. I read a hint somewhere to have a step in front of you with a few risers to help with the burpees. I could never do straight leg pushups. For how much I lift I don't have great upper body strength. My lower body is much stronger.

Today was Ramped Upper Body.

HI ladies..

I have been busy. Sorry to be missing..

Susan: Happy belated birthday. Chris' birthday is Friday and Vic's was on the 16th. January is birthday central at our house. Hope you had a great one.

I need to read and catch up with everyone...The weather has been really nice here except for rain. But, that is better then snow any day!!

I am not really following a rotation. I have been using my elliptical in the mornings lately and not getting any DVDs done in the evening. I had some work to catch up on with Chris. He was sick last week and so we had to get back on track with lessons.

Anyway, I will talk to you soon..

Madonna ugh! I could not watch any of the celebs...

I did not march because I knew it would be politically motivated. I want to give the president a chance. A few colleagues marched here in Philly and some in DC.
A couple of them marched so that funds for victims of domestic violence would not be cut and some of them marched for legal immigration irrespective of race,religion or country. To me the march was very inspiring, it reminded me how lucky I am to be part of this country that encourages peaceful protest and to be able to dissent without fear or tyranny. It represents everything our founding fathers wrote and hoped it would be. It reminded me that the march was employed when the women fought for right to vote, to stop segregation etc. This medium is no good I wish we could have had coffee and talked.

Shelley, How was the trip to neurologist in the morning ? I hope it was not too dicey. I used to be able to jump on the step up to 3-4 risers. I think with this injury I am sure I can't anymore. Usually I am 2 behind. Same goes for burpees I can do 8 at a time. I cannot have my fingers flat on the ground I have to make a fist. As for pushups I can do 8-10 on my toes. There is a way to do the if you have LI Circuit she shows an intermediate version to build up to a full pushup.

Lisa, Me too! I was so hoping Patriots would lose. Kids are doing great. Neel is in Middle school and Rhea is 3rd. They get so busy I hope Neel follows in Margaret's footsteps... Rhea is stubborn as usual a day does not go by with arguing about eating clothes huh!

Monday was LI UB Split
Tuesday LI LB Split + trainer
Wednesday LB Live

K

Today was UB Express live. It was only 40 mins but boy was it tough! My arms are shaky.

Have a great day everyone.
-K

Hi all!
K~ Margaret was at the march in DC. She just wants to be sure all are treated equal. I feel the same way. We are breathe the same air. We need to unite as one country, not be divided by any difference we have.

Today was PLB. That workout has my favorite floor work, which I usually cannot get through.

I really wish the sun would come out. It is getting harder and harder to live in the Northeast in the winter months.

Hi everyone!

Shelley---Hoping that Gerry had good news at his appointment! Chronic pain is not easily endured.

Pushups have become difficult for me with all the issues with my wrists and elbows. Lately I've been doing them with dumbbells and that seems to make them more doable. I can get through the first set on my toes but then drop down to my knees. Someone once said that if you have a long torso, they are harder to do on your toes....so that's my excuse! LOL
Burpees have never been a favorite and really wind me. I also have to be careful otherwise they irritate my back.
Jumping on the step with both feet has never been hard but that's probably because I'm taller -- 5'8. If I remember correctly, Rhonda (who was taller) always used an extra riser when doing step. I always feel guilty for not doing the same thing. :rolleyes:

Some day Chris and Abby are going to make me go to Hawaii.........but they'll have to drug me to be on a plane for that long. LOL I keep suggesting Alaska first, which isn't the best weather but there is no long flight involved. ;)
I was amazed at all there is to do in the Keys. A few of our friends said we would get bored if we stayed more than a couple of days. I disagree now that we've been there. Did I mention that we walked by a brothel? There was a "menu" on the front porch. I thought it was a restaurant so you can imagine my surprise when I read it and then saw the scantily dressed girls on the front porch! :D

Kathy---Please tell Vic Happy Belated Birthday and tell Chris Happy Birthday!! I hope Chris is feeling better! Did he have the flu that's going around? My Chris has had it for a week now and doesn't seem to be improving.

Lisa---We get vinylux on our toes and shellac on our fingers. Regular polish chips in one day on my hands! I'm lucky if my shellac lasts for a week. I usually get black with silver glitter on the tips or an accent nail with silver & glitter. The color I got this time was Sultry Sunset--its more mauve than pink but very pretty. I had them put a pink-tinted clear on my nails with white glitter over the entire nail. It turned out very nicely. Might be my new choice. ;) I had a dark blue on before--Midnight Swim and I liked it, too.

Kiran---I haven't done that Live workout but I'm definitely going to try it! I love a workout that makes arms and/or legs shaky! :D

Shelley --- please don't be afraid to say your thoughts! I think we are all tolerant of other people's beliefs.

Lisa---Good for Margaret for going! Did she get a hat? I am all for standing up for what you believe in but not when it includes threats against people, littering, and destroying someone else's personal property. I believe that Trump will listen to and will support women, if they give him a chance and stop being sore losers.

Kiran---Honestly, I am embarrassed by the way some of these women acted. I was horrified to see Donna Hylton was a speaker for the movement!! Jane Fonda aka Hanoi Jane was there!! Madonna and Ashley Judd weren't the only ones that actually hurt the women's movement, IMO. I think many women used the women's movement for their own agenda....bashing the president and men in general. Such a waste of an opportunity.

Now to my workouts! :p

Mon---Triceps/TM run/abs
Tues--TM walk/run (legs were sore) Biceps/ Abs
Wed--Premix #1 LB Only+ 200 firewalkers
TBGS Sh Only x 4 + lat band circles x 2 (love these circles--they are incredible burn material)
Thur--Incline Treadmill with weighted vest (My coach Chris suggested this workout --incline all the way to the steepest level with weighted vest at a speed of 2.5-3.00 for 1 mile.) :eek::eek::eek: It was a great workout but not very enjoyable. LOL ;)
Added some leg floor work and abs.

HI ladies..

Checking in yesterday with Rock'm sock'm kickbox and today I did chiseled upper body. Now I need to run my errands..

Thanks Susan I will tell them. I don't know what Chris had. He had cold symptoms and fever and then was fine after 3 days. Hope your Chris is on the mend..

Hi all. Hope you had a good weekend.

I sure hope all out injured/sick folks are on the mend. We made it through January almost - two more months until nicer weather. THIS is the reason why I need to more to a more favorable climate. I am always wishing my life away in the winter :D.

We took Jacob out to breakfast yesterday and of course I had to stop off at the ocean. It was very cold and windy but the sun was out.

Sat-rest
Sun-DWP Hiit/KCM HGI abs
Mon-Lean Legs and Abs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.