XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Checking in

Today was Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's plus two 100 Rep Challenges--biceps and triceps. My arms are burned out!

Checking in!

Yesterday was the first day of week 2 for me which was Burn Sets: Chest, Back, and Shoulders. Since the workout card thing is not working on the calender, I am estimating based on Cathe's weights as I usually do 5-10 lbs. less than she uses. Today is the Leg Blast which was on the schedule last week which I found really challenging.

Natalie

Hi everyone,

Been MIA but couldn't get in yesterday and busy at work today.

I am week 2 day 3 done. Did Burn Sets on Monday and still feel my chest and a little in the front of the shoulders.

Yesterday was Cardio leg blast and I matched or went a little higher than Cathe did. Still no DOMS fromt this one.

Today was burn sets bis/tris and we will see if I feel anything. I can't go as heavy as cathe, I would never be able to do a curl. I could go as heavy as 15 lbs on bis and 10 on tris.

good idea to wear a weight vest for legs. I think I may try that but not sure if it would be too much pressure on the back doing the forward leaning lunges. I will try it.

Rhonda

Just did Bis and Tris and the 100 rep challenges for each of those. That's all I managed today. The 100 rep tri challenge was hard. I started off with 8 pounds but ended up at 3 pounds. Something to work up to...

Eva

Hi ladies-Burn Set Bi & Tris yesterday and Legs today. I feeling do not like any of the sections after the standing one, do I did that segment plus the squat segment from Tonique Premiere. Whew

Wow we are All doing so well! Cardio leg blast DONE im on day 2 week 2 ! *happy dance* notjing i injured so far yah me! I burned 503 calories whoo hoo cant believe im still sticking to a rotation. My new yrs thing is self control.. I never could stick to a rotation id get bored a vear off but id do something at least but never organized. I really like so far not trying to figure out what wo to do!

So my inner thigh & butt cheeks are sore from cardio leg blast & hip thrust 100 challenge yesterday. And my upper back is still sore from monday's workout. Dang!

I did tabata 1&2 & HS premix 16 this am. I need better shoes for these high impact workouts.

burn sets bis and tris plus core #2 and 100 rep challenges for both here today. happy to give my hip flexor a break before legs tomorrow:eek:. wondering what that will be like-- it's definitely a long one! bet i will feel the burn in my arms tomorrow after today's workout!

great work everybody! what a way to start the year!:)

day 3

Just finished Hard STrikes. Phew! Relieved its a bit of a lighter day. I considered doing the conditioning drills even tho its not on the rotation but decided not to. Instead I did the 100 challenge triceps which i'm sure i will regret tomorrow when i do bis/tris. Oh well! I used 5 lbs and it was a tad too easy i think. might try 8s next time and drop down if needed.

Today was bi's and tri's for me. When I picked up the wieghts to do the preacher curl, I put those back down and got lighter ones! Wow those are tough.

On a note unrelated to XTrain, I am doing a Whole30 and I was so exhausted today. I can't wait till the energy phase comes in.

The whole30 is a super strict 30 day paleo plan. No sugar, grains, dairy and legumes. You eat lots of veggies, protein and fats. It's supposed to reduce systematic inflammation, get rid of sugar cravings and reset your body. They have a blog called the whole9 and a book called It Starts With Food. Its really interesting to read. I hope I can finish it. Today was tough. I wanted to sleep and eat bad things.

Hi Everyone,

Yea, I couldn't get on yesterday either. So tomorrow wraps up week 1 of XTrain with All Out Low Impact. But today was Legs and I honestly put the workout in the DVD player, began the warm-up and ALMOST turned it off. I am soooo sore. Everywhere! But especially my legs and butt! Anyhow, I pushed myself...made myself start and once I got going it was a little better. I honestly can't remember being this sore in some time. I think I'm feeling muscles under muscles....deep in my hamstrings, deep in my delts. Also, I haven't done any of the Challenge Sets yet. I want to put in about 3 weeks to let my body become acclimated to the workouts. When the workouts no longer induce DOMS...I will add them in.

Btw...I also bought the Combat series. I subbed Combat 60 for Hard Strikes and planned on subbing or adding these workouts to strength days.

Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Vicky

I'm usually a Forum lurker, more than a participant, but would like to check-in since I started this rotation on Monday. So far I'm really liking this. I did the one rep max tests, and could definitely tell I used higher rates than I normally would have on Chest, Back and Shoulders. I'm pretty pround I made it through Cardio Leg Blast without stopping too many times. Probably only because last month I did the July rotation that featured the Crossfire and To The Max workouts. Glad to put those away for a while! I was not in the mood to work out today, but THANKFULLY it was only Hard Strikes for 34 minutes and once I got started, found it to be really fun. Glad I did it! The other thing I liked was seeing Cede in a kickbox workout. And I also thought the black shoes with the pink on them were super cute! That's where my mind was today. Dreading 80 mins of Legs on Friday.

Enjoy reading all the comments.

Julie

Vickie i too am sore after cardio leg blast lol. And that was just 7 hours ago! Last week after that one i was sore for two days or longer. But my hammies are not sore.. I may need to up the weight on the one leg deadlifts

Hello Julie! Im dreading legs too it os on tab for sat. Oh the barre wo is so hard for me. I have to stop sooner in everything and my form is not great.
Renee

Last edited:
Hi! I just got this set and am starting tomorrow. I would like to join the check-ins, if that's ok. I already did a couple of tabatas from tabatacise and loved it! I was doing the Hardcore Series, gym style lifting workouts and am super excited to start this series.

Thanks!

Amanda

Bis and tris for me today. Looking forward to it! I. Surprised I haven't been as sore as I would've thought. Very mild doms. Might be due to the supps but I know I'm lifting the proper weight and really pushing it. I'm not going stress about it. Swamped at work, literally drowning in work we can't keep up with but I refuse to let it interfere with my workouts! I will have to do loads of overtime though over the weekend and I'm not looking forward to it

Week 2 Day 4 done

Today was legs, I didn't do the floor work as I don't like being on all fours, but I did the rest. As with all the workouts I have been feeling it during and a little afterwards but then no major DOMS as others have experienced. My bi's are feeling it today from yesterdays burn sets.

i would love to get the DOMS in the legs but no such luck. I know DOMS doesn't mean your working working hard or not but sometimes I like to have it so I know I really worked it.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.