X'ers ++ Splendid Sunday++

swift wind

Cathlete
Good morning!:) Getting us started on a fine Sunday.

I'm off to do Legs & Back/ARX.:p

Hope to BBL to check on the xer's on a holiday weekend.

Morning Xer Land!

Yeah AMY had an extra night off! Wish you were getting paid tho! I LOVE the stemware idea! You are so right about still treating yourself kindly! What a great idea- I'm sure I'll be blowing the dust off mine now and having a protein drink out of it! :*

Cheryl Enjoy that movie! its George Lopez isnt it? I saw a preview & thought it was funny....Have a great family dinner tonight as well! :*

Nicole Thanks for invite to come over to play in your rotation... I am still thinking about if I want to do the latest one "as is" or try and add more strength into these circuits. I just dont know! I do know that when I get new series I am coming to a screeching halt to start the 5 week rotation I made using them and all their premixes... So I guess what I'm really looking for is a date that I can dump as soon as the real love of my life shows up on my doorstep! :* :*

SWIFTY - Ya got to it before me! Up VERY EARLY for a Sunday woman! XXOO

BBL to see what everyone's up to today!

Hi all,

Looks like several of us are around this weekend. That’s nice. I always have more time on the weekends.

DH did go to FIL’s house, and he didn’t even ask me to go because I know he knew the answer. There was a horrible wreck on the way home and I think it took them over 3 hours to go 90 miles.

So when they left I hurried and did PLB standing only then went off on my bike. I went light on the step ups, 20, 24, 30, then used 45,55,65 for everything else except deadlifts which I used 38, 52,60. My legs are feeling really strong and powerful. This rotation, although tough, is doing wonders for my legs. I pushed hard on my ride until my turn around and kept it in a high gear the entire time. Then I was coming to the end of this downhill section and 3 guys rudely cut me off at a street crossing and passed me I’m sure thinking they were going to pass anyway. Since I really didn’t have any plans :), I decided to try to catch them because it does help to increase my pace. They took off fast, and I kept getting caught at the street crossing and had to stop. One of them went on way ahead, I passed the two stragglers on an uphill, then finally caught the other guy about 8 miles later, followed him fairly close for a little while just to be annoying, and then passed him on an uphill too. It was glorious. Needless to say, I got a great workout, but if I ever wrecked going that fast (well for me fast)….. Then I did 50 minutes of Fluid Power.

Needless to say, I’m not doing legs or cardio today. I have to go check the rotation to see what it calls for. I’ll do upper and some yoga for sure.

Traci – I ordered all 3 of Amy’s new workouts, plus the old hi/lo one that every raves about. I hate hi/lo, but I'll force myself to do it just because I think that it improves condition and fitness to cross train. I don’t shop at Walmart, but only because the one that is close is in a terrible location and I just never get over that way. I do buy almost everything on sale though. I’m so happy when I can find pants for less than $20. Honestly, I don't shop much. I'm not a spender, so shopping is painful. I won’t get my NROL until Dec because I was too cheap to pay the extra $8. What rotation are you doing now? I’m with you on the bread. I just don’t eat it much anymore. Maybe 1 slice a day. I did eat 2 homemade waffle squares yesterday, but then no other bread.

Sandra – Did I read correctly that you bake all of your bread? Do you freeze it? With 3 males, they go through so many loaves of bread a week there is no way I could keep up with it. Sorry about the head ache. I got a couple of really bad altitude head aches when we were away.

Lea – Unbaked bread? I’d just eat the dough raw. How long did it take to totally convert your eating? It is still meat/fish free I assume? I don’t think that I could eat raw meat. Did you see the Wife Swap where the one family only ate raw meat? It was hilarious. They had this meat they called “high meat” that was raw and had been sitting in a container for days. (I hope I'm not offending you with the meat comments.)

Swifty – Glad you started us off this morning. I’m running out of good adjectives to use. How is the 2nd round of the X? Still as fun as round 1? I don’t think that the X had the greatest of leg work though. I’ll modify that again next time.

Jeanette – I’m sure my independence is not great for our relationship, but my DH could be very controlling if I let him. He comes from a family of strong wills and if I didn’t stand up for myself I think I would have lost my identity by now. You are so good with your GM. I’m not good at sitting with older people, but I’m going to have to improve on that.

Debra – I’m glad you got a smile from my comments about the flowers. Sounds to me again like too little too late. From a behavioral perspective it is still emotional control. It sounds like you do so much with DD that the transition to one parent should be fairly simple.

Nicole – I know sometimes it seems impossible to get ahead. I always say that as soon as we get some extra money something happens to take it. We paid 3.35 for diesel in CO. That was the most expensive. Housing may be cheap there, but food and everything else was out of sight. There were small boxes of granola bars for 6.50. What ever happened with the AC? I can’t imagine how hot it is even with less humidity. We finally have a break in the weather, low humidity and temps in the low 80s. It's a nice way to finish the summer.

Amy – Just as I was going to ask how the days off impact your pay you explained it. That stinks to have to take vacation days and then days without pay. I am a firm believer that you have to take care of yourself and treat yourself to things that you enjoy. Have fun drinking from the fancy glasses!

I’ll check back later. Happy Sunday to all.

Tracy

Hi all,

I just pre-ordered two new Shiva dvds from Amazon. I should never have gone over to Video Fitness to see what else is going on....

Tracy

Hey Tracy! we like it when you're around more as well!

I decided to do HSTA per Sept 07 Rotation but start with Floor work from Brand New Butt (saffell)...I "think" at this point I'll follow Sept 07 with some additional weight work... Also Cathe has Kick & Step 1x each per week I'm changing out the step to a second Kick. I sure dont need nor want more step than whats provided in the circuits.. I'll skip her week 2 and do my PHH as planned at bay then start back on Week 3 of rotation until new stuff arrives... REALLY getting antsy for those.

Letting my funky little breakfast digest before starting-
1 egg + 3 whites mixed in w/ green beans & green salsa~ Not sure where that concoction came from but at least I got my veggies in this morning! :+

TracyX
Oh gosh its a good thing you didnt go with DH! I am a raving hag stuck in traffic jams. YOWZA on your PLB wts! *bows humbly*
I didnt even check to see when Amys new series coming out... It will probably all be arriving at same time. I am curious about Cathes planned boxing DVD... I wonder if its "bagless" friendly. No room for or desire to add a bag at this point. I checked them out once & recall they were pricey. I doubt I'll order any more dvds that dont include weights unless its a kick or boxing type- I just dont do them and I cant do too much step so I think my collection is fine. The only time I think about pulling out HLX is when I want a circuit... I enjoy Cathe's HiLo far more than anyone else's.

ETA: ROF on your surfing the net purchases! Good for YOU!

Have a great day!
:7

L&B and ARX complete. Saving some energy for the chore list today. Mowing and more yard work with an add on / washing the van.

Just in from my hair coloring experience (save $$ & time with do-it yourself color) Now if I could just replant the hundreds of strands that are in the sink and floor. I’m amazed I’m not bald.

LOl on your breakfast Traci-x. Similar to my 2 eggs with salsa and beans rolled into a spinach wrap finished. Your wo plans are so full of variety. Enjoy the new Cathe’s. I didn’t buy. Sad, I know. Enjoy your quiet weekend.

Excellent biking yesterday Tracy. You must like mountains- I saw your avatar. Amazing! Round 2 is going well and still finding it enjoyable. I agree L&B is somewhat on the blah side. That’s okay –my goal is to strengthen them with more cycling before winter. DH will show me how to use rollers for winter.

Shouting out to all who follow. Wonderful day :7

Good morning everyone. No workout for me today(sorry Miss Traci X), but the DOMS from Gym Style Legs and ARX are killing me today.

Swifty X - Glad you had a good workout. What do you have planned for today? Oh never mind, I just saw. You can come over after you are done and do my yard work and hey, the cars need some washing after that;).

Traci X - Good morning to you girlfriend. I know, I know, I still have to check the halfway point. But, we have plenty of time don't we???? What rotation are you doing next? Your breakfast sounds good. Want to know mine? I know you will be jealous. I just had a wheatgrass shot and I will probably have some almond milk and watermelon or a green smoothie. MMMmmmm.....come to my side Traci.....:p

Tracy X - Great avatar! Damn woman, you are in shape!! Hi 5's all around for working so hard. Your family looks great too. LOL on the bread. The one I am making is flax, hemp seed, pine nuts (all ground up), Bragg's liquid aminos, olive oil and onions dehydrated. And no, I don't eat raw meat. I couldn't stand cooked meat. Basically, I am totally vegan now. I know that Carol Alt is raw and eats raw meat and drinks raw milk. I just couldn't stomach it. Anyway, keep up the good work girl!! You have to let us know how the Shiva's are.

Jeanette X - You are so good to your family. It is wonderful. Did your grandma enjoy watching you workout? And yes!!! It has been awful out here. I went swimming for a little while yesterday and couldn't even stand the heat, so I went inside while the boys swam. I can't wait til it cools down. I am sure Nicole can agree with me.

Nicole - Please stay cool. Where in SD do you live? Can you go to the beach or something. I know that it will probably be really crowded this weekend though.

Debra X - Did you workout yesterday? Oh, I see that you did. Maybe I should switch from wheatgrass in the morning to coffee. (Just kidding Laurie) since I seem to be a little slow.I love Target too. Have a great day today. You sound busy.

Amy - You go girl! Drink that protein shake from the nice glasses. That's the way to live. Are you working out normally on the liquid diet or are you going to slow it down a little?

Cheryl - How was Balls of Fury? Looks funny, but I think I will wait for cable. Love Christopher Walken. He is so interesting.

Sandra X - Good morning!! I hope that your day went well yesterday.

Hi to everyone else!! Have a great weekend and stay cool!!

Lea X

Good morning,

Wha...? Is it Sunday already? Where did Saturday go?

I overslept this morning. I was in bed by 9pm, intended to get up at 5am, but my alarm did not go off. So, at 6:30 I woke up with a bit of a headache and smelling brewed coffee. That got me up lickety-quick! Let's see what you all got up to yesterday.....

AmyX - I am just in aw of you, jumping right back into X Round 2. You bought bread flour the other day? Coooool. Did you make any yet? Road rash? No thank you!!! I'm not experienced at all in drafting, but my DH rides a lot and gets a kick out of it. He'll pair up with any stray cycler he finds and they'll draft off each other for a while. It's the only situation I know where two strangers so willingly share their personal space.

TraciX - Do I read your post right? Are you going to do the Sept rotation, too? Yippee! And I completely agree with your plans to dump it as soon as the 4 Day Split arrives. Those are my plans, too. In a post aaaaages ago, Cathe did say that the boxing series will be do-able for those without a bag. I'm very on the fence about that series, but I'm sure Cathe will make a believer out of me! Is MIL going to house-sit while you're away, or is she coming to stay with you before you go on your holiday? And how come holidays always require so much dang work?! About the bread and the 10lbs, as I said to TracyX (below) I only eat bread for breakfast, then no more for the day. As the Skinny Bitches said: bread is good for you. Eat it. (And another source I read stated that whole wheat is filled with antioxidents, blah blah blah. Eat it). When I eat good home made bread, it feels so nourishing. Now, the stuff you buy at the store, I can do without. It tastes dead.

TracyX - Wow, I'm so glad you didn't have to go on that trip yesterday. Caught him on an uphill!!! LMAO!!! Those guys will be checking in the mirror to make sure they're still men!! Did you hear any comments coming from their lips, or were they gasping too hard to speak? I'm starting the Sept rotation on Monday. Are you going to do it, as well? Yes, I haven't bought a loaf of bread for the household since early May. I make two loaves every weekend, and they last for the week. But we don't eat tons of bread here. I have my 2 slices for breakfast every day, and that's it for me and wheat for the day. DH prefers cereal for breakfast, and the kids either eat cereal or one slice of bread for breakfast. DH and the kids might eat a sandwich for lunch once or twice a week. I generally try to avoid feeding the kids bread more than once a day. I think, like most foods, there's nothing wrong with wheat, as long as it's not eaten at every meal. I try to use other grains with the rest of our meals (quinoa, rice, oatmeal, cornmeal). There's something about the bread I make that is terrifically satisfying. I can eat 2 slices and be completely content until lunch time. That's not the case with store bought WW bread. My friend tried a slice yesterday and said she loved it; wanted to know if I took orders (I might!). New Shiva DVDs??? All right off I go......I'm back now. So, what did you order? I see she has "Radiant Heart" coming out in November. I'll get that. There's no other dvd that's new, just two audio CDs. Did you order them? With Shiva, I alwasy wonder whether I'm getting new material, or just shorter versions of her Yoga Shakti or Fluid Power stuff. Her Lunar Flows dvd looks up my alley, but the cover is so similar to FP, I wonder if I'm just buying that routine again, or if there's new material. I wish I'd known about her pre/post-natal yoga when I was pregnant. I was looking around for good yoga dvds at the time, and couldn't find any I liked. I see she has a chanting/flow yoga audio cd. I'm going to get that. Thanks for the heads up about the new dvd!

LeaX - LOL at the MotYX. When you unbake onion bread, is there any grain? Do tell. I think you should just post a recipe for everything you tell us about. I'll be making that almond milk, just so you know. I hope I don't lose muscle with the circuits, but there's only one way to find out. If I stick with challenging weight loads, I don't see why I should. I'm hoping to trim my middle again. I did 2 rounds of a Cathe rotation that focused on high-cardio fat loss, and my middle deflated. Then I went back to the heavier weights, less cardio, and it reappeared. I don't know why I have to choose between a lean core or big muscles, but that's how it seems to go. I have that Seane Corn yoga you did the other day, but it still has the wrapper on it! Is it good? Should I unlock the cellophane and give it a whirl? I saw on Amazon that there's some kind of package deal with 3 "top-notch" yoga instructors: Shiva Rea, Baron Baptiste, and Seane Corn. So maybe I'd like her.

JeanetteX - I scrolled through to see whether Grandma stayed with you, or at your parents' house. No sign of a post, so I'm guessing you stayed with her at your parents' house? How did the knitting bee go? You crack me up with your knitting. It doesn't seem like a JeanetteX thing to do! I knit too, btw. But I also bake bread, quilt, cross-stitch, play piano, and do yoga, so it doesn't seem so odd. Good Grief, I'm an old lady!!!!!!!!! What is persimmon bread? Persimmon is an herb, right? I'll bet that was tasty. I have similar childhood memories of my mom, as you do yours. It's definitely a different era now. My mother used to just let us out the back door and call us home for supper. If you heard your full name yelled across the neighbourhood (Saaaandra Mariiieeeee) you knew you were in trouble. And so did everyone else :+

NicoleX - Oh my gosh the heat, the heat!!!! That sounds wretched. I remember you told me last week to enjoy my cool mornings, and I can see why you say that. The grass is always greener on the other side, however, and I would prefer warmer mornings because it gets me going much better. When I'm cold and tired I just want to sit still for a long time (okay, I'm really wishing I was back in my cozy bed, but sitting still with a hot coffee is a good second choice). When my check engine light comes on, I always presume there's something wrong with the light LOL! "Why is that light coming on? Is there a crossed wire somewhere? A faulty fuse?". It couldn't possibly be the engine, as the car is still running. Oy, I have to figure out what to put in DD's lunches for the week, and too often it's prepackaged stuff. I do my best to keep it healthy, but there's so little variety when you're trying to only buy the healthy stuff. Sad statement. Are you going to do the September rotation? Maybe we should switch our name to the SeptemberX's!!

DebraX - So you chucked the roses, hey? It's nice to have something to chuck, as a symbolic, tangible means of chucking the relationship. The fact that DD told me she liked my friend better was disconcerting because she wasn't even ticked off at me. If she was mad at me, I would understand. She always tells her friends I'm the Funny Mom. I always thought she meant funny - ha ha, not funny - strange. Wait 'til I tell her it's genetic....Have fun at the pool today!

Amy - Love the stemmed glasses idea!!! Use a twirly straw, too, and perhaps pop in a little paper umbrella. You're dining in style!!

Cheryl - I hope Balls of Fury was good yesterday. What the heck is it????

No WendyX post yesterday?? Oh, right, she's at her mother's, isn't she? Or MIL's? I can't remember exactly. Here's a shout out to WendyX!!

A shout-out to LaurieXX, too, as she finishes up with the faire.

Carol and Jenn, I hope you guys are having a great weekend.

Annointed, you're probably still smiling from last night's dinner. I hope the reunion is going well.

I managed to get my workout in yesterday, but it took all day. I should have just done it first thing in the morning, but I didn't. So, I managed to do Power Circuit and BM step/weight circuits done mid-morning, and SuperSets Upper Body Blast done in the afternoon. No yoga, but hopefully I'll do some today. In between my workouts I did mom/wife stuff like feeding the children, shaping the bread dough into loaves, helping DH and neighbour auger fence post holes in the back yards, tidying the kitchen, cleaning up toys. All in a day's work. At one point we had 6 children in the house, while all the adults were in the backyard. We decided it was safer out there. The mother of the twins I was watching yesterday took us out for dinner to say thank you. We went to an Indian restaurant :9 :9 :9 . Today DH and neighbour are still working on the fences. DD#1 is going to a friend's house in the afternoon for a playdate, and I'm going to go shopping at Planet Organic (fun!). I might give the Sebastopol pizza a try today. This sounds yummy: you make a whole wheat pizza crust, slice apples over it all, make a thick sauce of maple syrup and apple juice, drizzle it over the apples, bake the pizza, put mozzarella cheese over it and let it melt. I'm going to put the cheese only on half, so I can eat it. This will be one day where we get bread at dinner time. I'm going to serve it with pork chops for the carnivores. And some kind of steamed veggie.

That brings my epic novel to a close. Have a great day! I'm looking forward to starting Circuit City tomorrow morning.

SandraX

Sandra X- Hi there. Sean Corne is good if you want instructional. When I went to the Optimum Health Institute I learned that I was doing the yoga postures wrong, so her dvd has an instructional disc and a disc without any cues. I like the instructional, but I don't know if you would like it. I have to get some of Shiva's. Maybe Tracy will overbuy and send some to us. Look on Tracy X's post and I have the onion bread recipe there. But if you are curious, of course I will start posting recipes. Have fun today. Planet Organic does sound fun. And enjoy the almond milk!! Holy cow Sandra, do we possibly have the same middle names???????

Lea X

Xers Gals!!!!

Well look who crawls out of the woodworks while I'm sweatin' & huffing w/ cathe! My you Sunday gals are gabby! -yeah I know- Looks who's talking! :+

Started with the 30 minute Floor & Abs of Brand New Butt - happy I started there as there would have been NWIH it would have occured AFTER HSTA! That Cathe is just a little wicked witch sometimes... i totally forgot how much "fun" this one was... i LOVE leg presses and ya sure get your fill in this one... To keep it interesting and more varied I did 1 round as Cathe (holding 10#), 1 round like GS Legs w/ band, 1 round w/ 2# ankle Wts, 1 round w/ 6# ankle wts (that was HARD) and a round I subbed more plie work with BB.

I think what I like most about this w/o is the FANTASTIC core strength required on her cardio segments... Gets me EVERY time! }(

Wish I could say I will do Yoga today but better be safe & say I would LOVE to get some in after all my errands and prep of tomorrows client. we shall see....

Coming back with personals as I dont want to lose post:eek:

[i ]Swifty-X[/i]
I had to LOL about car wash… Its rained so much this summer that I haven’t washed my car in almost 4 months! It is nice & shiny!! I do clean out the inside but that’s ONLY because of dog hair- otherwise I wouldn’t bother with that! YOU have way too much energy this weekend! All I can think about is how/when I can take a nap today! :7

SANDRA MARIE -X :D
Gotta love the All Day Workout ! I think it’s a good shock for your body sometimes too! LOL on adults hiding outside! You guys must have been having a good time! ~~ I cant believe how easily influenced you were to purchase new Shiva! LOL Wanna invest in my new business? HOORAY on Boxing Series! It’s a must have for me then… MIL shall be house sitting while we go to bay… She gets to make a little gambling $ so all are happy!~~ Isnt that funny about homemade bread and satisfaction levels… I try & try to have bread in AM but I swear it starts an all day craving for carbs… Maybe it’s the processed bread that’s causing it. Even the Ezekial Bread did it to me tho. ~~ BTW: My "in trouble" name WAS & STILL is: Traci Ellen Duncan! the entire sha-bang! :+

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
I most certainly WILL come to the other side if you shop for & prepare ALL my meals- I’ll buy if you’ll do the work! Honestly girl there are just not enough hours in the day for me to drive an hour to the nearest whole food store and then LEARN to make all your yummies! I would be THRILLED to - & that’s an honest statement!! ~~ COME HELP ME! ~~~Very pleased to hear about your DOMS! You must have really worked hard - *ahem* what about upper tho? Tony would like a few push ups today… just 120 or so would be nice! *ducking the dehydrator being hurled across the room*
Woof Woof
;-)

Gotta go de-stink and then head to store for a couple of things.... The kitchens a diaster still so after that task its NAP TIME!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi all,

No workout done, but lots of paperwork that I didn't want to do done! DH is starting to loose it; FIL has been here since Friday. I may have to get out of Dodge.

I am interested in the boxing series. I'll have to review it further once she posts the details. We have a bag already, so that makes it a little more appealing. We have gloves too. I don't see how I will be able to punch a bag and not hurt my wrist/fingers/etc. It hurts when I just play around with the boys and practice what I'd do if I got mugged. I punch and they tell me I'd be better off running as fast as I could:)

Traci - I love HSTA. It is one of my favorites. Step ups are so helpful when you go hiking.

Lea - Is it a special bread dehydrator? Whatever you are eating or drinking must be working. I can tell from the tone of your posts that you are much happier. I'm happy for you!

Sandra - Here is the link to the other DVD. I think it's live. I figure for less than 12 it can't be bad.
http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Journal-...4-6585453?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1188748111&sr=8-1

Off again.

Tracy

I'm still alive:D

It's 10:00 and it's already 90 degrees outside! We'll be up to a cozy 109 today and all I can say is, I'm staying inside at my mom's today. She has AC unlike me so it will be much better!

I'm going to get a little Eoinn in today before I go. I need to relax and take it esy so I can kick butt this week with PS.

Traci-X, Egg whites and green vegis:9 I had whole grain pumpkin pancakes:9 Bad I know but I use vegan Earth Balance spread and pure maple syrup on top. Special treat for those days without weights:) Way to mix it up with HSTA. You are so creative. I always stick with what the DVD says to do and that's it. With three boys all of my creative juices get sucked dry:p

TracyX, Love the new avatar! Sorry you're having to deal with the stress of DFIL again:( At least you made yourself feel a little better with the new DVD purchases. I have to wait for a while to make any new purchases. I kind of went crazy a few months ago and purchased all of the ones I wanted:D Way to go on all of the heavy weights on legs:D I hate standing leg work so I am envious of your endurance. I don't get AC until February when we get our tax refund:( At least the materials should be cheaper then.

LeaX, I'm only a half hour from the beach but it is so crazy on holiday weekends! My DH and I take our boys once a week during the summer to a smaller beach and it's really nice. It's a bit further north si it takes about 45 min. to get there.What is the texture of the unbaked bread? Is it gooey or tough?

SandraX, The last time I had trouble with my car ot cost $4,000 and the check engine light didn't even come on. You can imagine I got a bit nervous when it did! That's the first time it ever came on, yikes! If it costs over $800 I might have to cave and get a new car:( I really like my car and it has been paid off for five years so I'm a bit spoiled. The September rotation does look good but I'll wait to start it until I'm done with my current rotation. I'll do it until I get the new DVD's. I hope it's soon:) Enjoy the homemade bread! I'm so jealous! I wish I had a Planet Organic and a pizza place like that around here. We use to have this delicious vegetarian restaurant in SD but it went out of business and I was so bummed:(

Off to get yoga in before DH gets home from the desert. Yes, he's crazy! It's supposed to be 120 out there today}( Dove hunting season opened today so he had to go out and get dinner for his family:p The boys love it but I respectfully decline:D

Hi Swifty, Wendy, Carol, Cheryl, Amy and Jenn!!

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Hi, everyone!

Balls of Fury was really fun, actually. It was George Lopez and Christopher Walken. C. Walken was hilarious. I didn't know what this would be - the kids wanted to see it and I envisioned something really goofy like Ben Stiller in Dodge Ball, but it was actually pretty good.

Today I did Cardio and Weights all the way through for the first time as a primary workout. Loved it! I don't use too many ciruits but this one left me sweating, had enough upper body to leave me feeling like i'd done something and didn't tax lower body enough to prevent me from doing lower body weights tomorrow without a rest day inbetween. Now I'll be humming "Buttercup" for the rest of the day :)

We're having b-day dinner for my 3rd son - the college major - today. He requested Chinese Chicken soup and homemade egg rolls. Yum - but the soup is healthy, and I'll have to hold the egg rolls to just one. Also an ice cream cake - yowza. Too many b-days lately for my dietary good :+ :+ :+

Traci, love the shopping bargains! Very fun!

Tracy, nice workout!

Sandra, Nicole, AmySwifty - sounds like you're having good days -
Have a great Sunday afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

Hi all,

MM upper only 2x through is done. I'll do some yoga later.

Nicole - I feel so bad for people who have to take their car to the shop to get fixed. DS & DH do almost all of our repairs. We took our Suburban in because they wanted the transmission serviced and they called us and said it needed 2500 worth of repairs. We just went and picked it up. There was nothing wrong with it.

Traci- Have credit card, internet, time, and will spend. I'm right there with you today. I almost bought some shoes today too, but then decided to wait. I'm getting my hair highlighted on Tuesday and that's 200. I still need to go to That Pet Place and get some fish supplies. Have you ever bought pet supplies from them? If you know what you want, they are quite cheap. I don't want to look at my bank account.

Cheryl - Back in the day I used to make homemade egg rolls and they were so good; time consuming but good. I may have to think about that one weekend, once DS gets back in town. I love C&W. It is great for those in between days.

Off to shower and then to the grocery store. I'm out of fruit and veggies.

Tracy

Tracy, my eggrolls were very easy - browned a package of ground turkey and mixed it with chopped chinese napa cabbage, grated carrot and some powdered ginger and put about 3T filling in each wrapper. I wrapped them up this morning and put them in a sealed cake pan in the fridge, so they were all ready for cooking quickly when we were ready.

Did fry them in Canola oil (naughty! deep fried!)
The sauce was easy and delicios - in a small saucepan heat 1 can crushed pineapple, 1/2 c. white vinegar, 1/2 c. sugar, 2 T. soy sauce and 1 T. ketchup. Bring to a boil and thicken with 1 1/2 T. cornstarch mixed in a little water. Everyone loved it. It was a big hit.

Too yummy.

Good thing I worked out this morning :+ :+

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.