Workout Warriors Springing into April

I ended up taking a rest day. Never really felt up to full speed. Not enough sleep and dreary weather. Got to sit out at the baseball field for a couple hours in barely 40 degrees for practice, so I certainly got some fresh air. Going to bed on time tonight! Derek practiced with Nick's team, so at least I didn't have to keep him amused. Brain is shutting down and I'll be back tomorrow to report a workout. ;)

Janis and Regina: I am not a hard-core atkins. I did two weeks of the induction phase and didn't really mind it, but too restrictive for long term. I do find low carb works pretty good for me. I still have some fruit, some yogurt and occasionally a bowl of oatmeal. But I try to stick to mostly meat and vegetables after 4 p.m. I love, love, love bread. So I am better off staying away from bread, pasta, rice and potatoes!!

Our weather has been in the low 40's, which has felt really nice. We've been going for a lot of walks and got most of your spring yard work done. But I guess we're supposed to get at least 6 inches of snow tomorrow! Hopefully it misses us!

I definitely am not in dire need of new DVD's, but I still get really excited when Cathe comes out with something new! I still haven't done more than 1 disc of my Supreme90. I have Kelley Coffey-Meyers preorder coming, and I would love to order Asylum. Now that summer is almost here I don't use my DVD's as much. We do a lot of biking and walk/running.

Janis, I think you might need an elliptical. You obviously don't love the treadmill or the bike, and it is so nice to have two cardio machines! I have a treadmill and a stairmaster. I love to alternate them. (The new elliptical is out in the garage, my husband claimed that one)

Peaceful Rainbow: Would you care to share what you've learned from the nutrition sessions you've taken? What is your eating philosophy? I've only done meso1 and 2, I've never done 3. For some reason, I feel I won't like it. Plus I would have to do my workouts in the garage to access the heavier weights. I much prefer being in my own space. (the basement) I really need to force myself to do meso 3 this summer.

Kimberly

Kimberly- When the warmer weather is here, DH and I also do alot of outdoor exercising- TRX, KBs, hiking ( I absolutely love hiking) swimming, biking, etc therefore my workout Dvd get less use then. Did I read that you mentioned snow? I am so hoping that I don't see that stuff again until next Dec. Maybe you could try Meso 3 once. I did it one time and could not bring myself to do it again although I have done STS three times. When it was time for Meso three I did my own heavy- weight power lifting routines.

Cathy- I hope that you get to bed early and catch up on your sleep.

Cathe's gliding cardio routines sound like they will be fun. Are Cathe's gliding disc available now?

In this month's rotation of doing Tracie Long workouts, I have included very little Yoga. I am really missing my Yoga, so tomorrow I am doing a Rodney Yee yoga workout.

Yo – OK, it’s only me – don’t get up.

First off, I composed a long post last week all about Mothers Day here and how I got flowers with glitter on and some stew served in a bowl with a fork and then DD’s antics the following day and then how a spider big enough to saddle up and ride came a’galloping into the front room (and we didn’t catch him so he’s still lurking around somewhere in there a week on), but you’ve missed all that now because as I’d nearly finished the page just voided. When I looked back on the check-in someone else had popped in and posted a reply so my assumption was that the ‘reply’ page I had open got cancelled off when A.N. Other clicked Reply.

Just be aware that this can happen if you are composing a long message.

Janis I agree with everything that Cathy’s suggested re learning the new step routines but would like to add just don’t expect to be perfect to start with. Confusion arises when some moves need to be performed with your back to the screen, added to which is that Cathe is stepping mirror image so you’re trying to do what she’s doing back-to-front and on the opposite foot. It all falls into place in the end if you just can’t get something you’ll have to adapt a move and then when it does finally jigsaw into place it’s all the sweeter for the waiting. If you went to learn Ballroom dancing you wouldn’t expect to know it all after one class, same with this you have to learn how to learn it and store it away in the muscle memory. I go to two dancing classes every week so am constantly learning loads of choreography and I therefore find that the dancing helps me unravel the stepping choreography and make sense of it in my tiny mind and the stepping really helps with the dance timing, so much so that Michael Flatley has asked me to choreograph the new River Dance production but I had to decline due to my check-in commitments on here.

Sorry you came off the step this week. I hope you’ll love Low Max (can’t see how you wouldn’t) but I’m always wary of that one as it’s the one that pitched me into orbit. It was actually ridiculous because it was nothing complicated, mere Abductor extension, nothing I’ve not done several 1000 times. I just wrong footed on the entry making the exit all the more airborne and magnificent than I’d anticipated. Tricky blighters those steps.

Thought of some more names: Roscoe (loving that Rowan and Roscoe (loving that)). + my friend had a Pomeranian and I thought that Pomegranate was a great name for him – she didn’t – how queer ????????????

Thanks for the nut bar recipes (scrummy). Not done them yet (won’t bore y’all with how difficult it is to source loads of products over here that are freely available to you guys), but can’t wait to scoff them.

My friends @ Amazon are sending me the 'Guernsey Literary …………………… book. Thank you.

Cathy I just cannot believe how closely your temperatures mirror ours’. Uncanny. One day I’m sweltering working out in the garden in a little vest top and the next going to work in coat and boots.

I’ve not minded the STS rest week this time as much as I did after M1. In fact I’ve really struggled this week with my energy. I’m not sure if that is due to lack of sleep or trying to cut out the sugar has made me more fastidious altogether about my eating choices so perhaps I’m just running on less fuel. This week I’ve done all of the cardios from CTX and I put the Step & Intervals together with Travel Fit thinking that that was going to be the soft option and it nearly killed me. On another day I did All Step with Butts & Guts and couldn’t complete all the floor work due to lack of time but who am I kidding I couldn’t have completed it anyway. No DOMS again though.

As soon as I saw your cocoa/banana smoothie/shake I gave that a try adding in some Greek yogurt which is my current addiction and I’ve tried it since with some honey to sweeten it although the honey didn’t make much difference. Its great, isn’t it, for filling you up.

MJ Go Girl – so glad you did the race. I knew the date must have passed and was wondering if you’d managed it or not. Venue looked am-a-zing.

Also love your dress choice and am glad all things are simmering down and you can get back on track with us.

Regina Sounds like things are about to be get v busy for you. Keep us updated on your w/os though. Love learning about all the things I've never heard of.

Kimberly More snow. Nooooo. No more snow. Fingers crossed that you don't see that. We are starting with M3 next week and I'm very ambivalent after reading peoples' comments. Will just have to see how I get on. Feeling my cardio capacity was dipping due to STS I added in more and more on the days I could and now my workout time has extended to between 1hr 15mins and 1.5 hours and its way too much, so will be pretty pleased altogether to get to the end of Meso3.

For Me Sugar challenge not 100% this week. Close but not perfect. That was partly due to looking in the mirror, realising how fat I am and just thinking “Oh to heck with it why bother????” and rewarding myself with a muffin (OK two). Someone gave me an Easter Egg y’day – BAS*$*$. I’ve not ate it yet. It’s goading me from inside the fridge.

OK that’s it but next week I’m going to tell you all about the Royal Wedding Party that I’m not having.

Kim xoxoxoxoxox

This morning I started off with Step, Jump & Pump doing the step, hi-lo and abs. Love the music in that one. :D

While today is supposed to be quite a decent spring day - 50's and sunny, it's not looking at all good for baseball games the next two days. :( Rain moves in tonight and all day tomorrow and if that happens, the fields will be too wet to play on Sunday. Going through the motions of setting up concessions and all that, but I talked to both coaches last night and while we are all going through the motions of preparing for games, none of us actually think there will be games. Really like both the boys coaches this year and both of them are more than willing to have the sibling practice or help them, instead of just hanging around waiting for their brother to be done.

Kim don't worry about Meso 3. I really didn't find it to bad though I only did the squat rack legs once. Which legs are you planning to use? or both? I'm doing both. I'm planning to do plyo legs on Sundays and squat rack on Wednesday.

As for snow, needs to stay away here until Christmas Eve ;) Our forecast is mentioning it for Saturday/Sunday, but the temps will be above freezing so it won't amount to much.

Kimberly I didn't take the nutrition sessions, I was leading them. They are all aimed at families. I've done several different versions on ways to get more fresh food in your diet. One on crock pots, which I found humorous because I only use mine about once a year maybe, but I can certainly research something and talk about it. :p I'm vegan, and I've pretty much run the gamut of what that can be in the last 23 years. I was raw for a little over two years and have been back on cooked for about an equal amount of time and really want to get back to raw. One of my goals over the next few months.

Taking the boys tonight to see Cinderella at the school. I can really see Derek potentially getting into theater, but any time I mention is he's adamant against it, so exposure...exposure...

Last edited:
Cathy- You only use your crock pot once a year but I use my crock pot all the time. How did you and the boys like Cinderella? It most be hard to prepare for games that are not going to happen. Do they reschedule the games when they are rained out?

Kim- I am absolutely appalled that you were not invited to the royal wedding and the reception (smile). By the way our President and First Lady- Barak and Michelle Obama were not invited either.

Anyone do rebounding? I love my rebounder.

Workout this morning - spinning intervals and The Tortoise

Have A Great Weekend!

Should we feel honored that we got spammed? I notified SNM about it.

Cinderella was very good and funny. This was the 6-8th grade play. The two step sisters really stole the show. They were both very pretty girls so they had to rely more on the personalities of their characters rather because they didn't have ugliness to play a role. Several times they actually (in ball gowns) were down on the floor wrestling around while several other characters tried to stop them. Others had to keep them from the prince when they were determined to get to him. We all enjoyed it.

The only games that really have to be rescheduled are league games which don't start until May. These are just early season scrimmages, so whether or not they reschedule depends on if the coaches can work it out or not. The two teams Nick would play Sunday are literally 10 and 15 minutes away so those could be played most any time. Derek was supposed to play a team from Indiana today and they canceled yesterday because of the forecast.

Cathy- Cinderella sounds like it was very funny and fun! Your post brings back some of my memories of when my kids were in school productions. Where does the time go? Sometimes it seems like yesterday that they were young.

When were we spammed?

The spam was right before my last post, so SNM must have deleted it for us after I reported it.

Rain and baseball such a lovely combination. NOT! Derek's team played their doubleheader at home in on and off rain. He actually pitched 3 innings and he's never pitched and he did pretty well. All the 10U pitchers from last year moved up, so they are trying to figure out who can pitch. Nick's team traveled about an hour north to play and apparently played their whole game in rain and then they stopped everything middle of the second inning. He also pitched 2 innings, but we knew he would be pitching this year. His team won and the coach's e-mail said they played well and he was really pleased. I think they'll have a good season. Derek's team is very young and it's definitely a rebuilding year for them.

Thankfully, today's games were canceled. It's around freezing with wind gusts up to 45 mph. and some light snow flurries. We're actually supposed to get about an inch of snow overnight and I'm soooooo not telling DH that! He's gone over the edge already in his complaints of what we've had so far. You'd think after living in Michigan for 51 years he'd be a bit more accepting. :rolleyes:

So, I kicked off Meso 3 today with Disk 26 Plyo legs. And damn, if my tuck jumps weren't like really tuck jumps. Best tuck jumps I've ever done. Don't mind me, I'm just in awe of myself. :p I'm truly pleased with my endurance right now. I even did a few jogs to the port-a-potty yesterday at the field. ;)

The downside of no baseball today, is that I've got no reasons not to get the house back under control. First up is to find the kitchen again. I had no time yesterday to do more than prepare food, so it's hard to find the counters right now. And to be honest, I hate cleaning up the kitchen more than jump about anything else in the house.

Hope it's warmer where all of you are!

Looking out the window and it's.........WHITE! Don't have an inch yet, but it's supposed to snow lightly until noon. Derek's supposed to have practice tonight, but that's doubtful. Supposed to get over 40 later, so it all may melt, but the melting will leave puddles potentially. I think this is the worst spring we've had so far in our baseball "life."

This morning was Disk 25 Chest and Back and.....drum roll please.....I used 26 lbs for flat bench chest flys! Now stay tuned to see if I leap another mental hurdle and raise that next week. I actually don't mind this one since it's push/pull by the time I get my weights and equipment adjusted, the rest periods are about up. I know legs on Wed. will be a different story with the full rest period in between everything.

Yesterday was VERY windy here and we lost power for about 1 1/2 hours. You'd have thought the world was ending with all the complaints of boredom. :rolleyes: It was really too nasty to play outside and they were rejecting every suggestion made, so I was really glad that it didn't last longer.

Hope you all are having a drier and warmer start to your week.

Happy Monday Warriors!

Is it really Monday again?

I should take a picture of the floor of my closet and post it – it is a mess of athletic shoes for all purposes! I hadn't really noticed until I almost twisted my ankle stumbling over the pile. Do y’all wear different athletic shoes for different purposes?

Cathy – SNOW :eek:! I hope it all melted. Warm, dry weather will be here soon, can you hang on until Mother’s Day? Congrats on your 26# flys.:) I bet your tuck jumps were cheerleader worthy, way to keep it going!

Regina - I don’t have a rebounder, but we do have a trampoline. It doesn’t take long for my heart-rate to sky rocket. What do you do on your rebounder? Oh and what, pray tell, is The Tortoise?

Kim – Rowan + Roscoe does sound cute together. What do you think of Ramsey? One of my ds’s doesn’t like the R+R names, too trite he says, however he has not offered any worthy alternatives. Ah, well, Michael Flatley needed to be rejected, now didn’t he? His ego needs to be kept in check periodically. Didn’t you know, chocolate Easter eggs gift have zero calories, so enjoy! Now – sweet girl – there is no way in hell that you lost your post due to another poster posting. Sorry dear, can’t happen. However, vigorous typing and using the backspace key – YES – that will make you lose a post faster than Madonna lost her – well – we’re in polite company ;). Do what I do – compose in wordperfect, which autosaves, then cut and paste it to the check-in page. Problem solved. (((hugs))) and (((kisses))).:D

Kimberly – I do best, too, when I stay away from starchy carbohydrates…and your comment about not eating them after 4 p.m. rung a memory bell for me. I do feel my best when I eat the brown carbs for breakfast and lunch, and keep dinner (like you) to meat and veggies, thanks for the reminder. It helped me stay in check this week. What do you like about Kelley Coffey-Meyers?

MJ – Where is your weekly update? I went back to a run/walk program this week – my Sunday run was awesome. I think the one minute walk break was just what I needed to pick up the pace and I didn’t feel like I was slogging out the run. Here is a link to the plan -http://running.about.com/od/trainingschedules/a/runwalkprogramtorunfarther.htm

What else about me me me– I went to visit the puppies, I think I know which one will be mine.:D:D ! They are adorable. http://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzycyn/ I think I may take home Dan.

I did Low Impact Circuit on Saturday (that’s a fun one) and today I did Muscle Max and Cardio Kicks. I have never done Cardio Kicks before, I bought this oldie during the sale, and I have to say – I LOVED IT. At first I was a little dubious, but man oh man she kicked my butt. Later on ds13, Rowan and I went for a walk at the vineyard. It was threatening to rain and a little cold, but we had a good time. Rowan chased rabbits, which is fun stuff to watch, don’t worry - he will never catch one. Tomorrow I am going to run again, and then Wednesday I have Legs&Glutes on tap.

Happy Tax Day (not) but looking forward to hearing from all warriors past, present and future.
Ciao
:D

Well yesterday's inch of snow made it until late afternoon and then it all disappeared. Today it's mid-30's and rain. Ceaseless fun times. :rolleyes:

This morning I opted for MMA Fusion. Cardio and core all in less than an hour. And for whatever reason, I get a real kick out of doing those turtle spins. :p

Janis, I'm sure you own more workout shoes than I own shoes. And the few pairs that I wear right now for non-workouts were hand me downs from an 8 yo boy! I own one pair of workout shoes and a couple pairs of sandals. Probably less than 10 pairs total.

My spring cleaning for today was the laundry room closet which also is home to all of our coats, the cat and dog food and extra people food that won't fit in the cupboards. It was way past due and temporarily looks good. Since, I live with 3 people who firmly believe that outer wear is just meant to be tossed in and not hung up, I'm under no illusions that it will stay that way.

Well we have a new addition to the family...................and.......................
it has no legs. It has fins. Apparently, the marigold platys have decided to reproduce and we have one little guy who has so far managed to avoid being a snack by his parents/aunts. So, after we picked Nick up from band we went and got some plants and another decoration to be additional hiding places. If they had one, they are bound to have more at some point. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to add them to the take. DH came home while we were out and was already in bed resting with a headache, so I'm waiting for him to get up. He has to take Sparty to the vet later, so he'll have to get up fairly soon.

Ok, everyone come out and play!!!

Janis: I really like KCM when I don't quite feel up to a Cathe workout. Most of hers are 30 minutes. It's a good workout! I do find that most of the time when I'm done with my 30 minutes, I tack on something else. Either another 30 minute work-out or some treadmilling. Looks like your enjoying your new workouts!

Peaceful Rainbow: Congratulations on your new addition. Hopefully he avoids being eaten. It feels good to get things organized, even if they don't stay that way. I've only done MMA fusion once. Kickbox type workouts are not my favorite, but I do like them every now and then just to mix it up.

Regina: Never done any rebounding. Do you have a spin bike?

We got 8 inches of snow last Friday. It's melting off pretty good, the road might be dry enough to take the dogs for a walk tonight. We went for a 3 mile walk yesterday. No dogs, they stayed on the deck.

Kimberly

Crazy day. Started with STS Squat Rack legs. Last set up the front squats I tweaked my lower back, but finished everything. It still making itself known occasionally, but not bad. Hopefully, it'll be ok in a day or two.

Spent the afternoon with friends and came home to find a basset hound roaming around the front yard. So, we have the dog. He and Sparty were a bit over the top at first, but are now doing pretty well together. Definitely not interested in keeping him, so tomorrow, I'll start calling around and letting the shelters know we have him, if someone is looking.

So, now we have a night to try and juggle the two of them, so everyone gets to sleep. Hoping he'll go in the crate, but no idea how he'll react. Sparty always sleeps on the couch.

I've somehow got myself all de-railed this week. Not sure what happened exactly but I've managed one STS (chest+back) and one cardio in the last NINE days. I amused myself with that as I went to the cupboard and pulled out Step Blast which was way off my rotation, but I fancied it and I was thinking "Wooo life just doesn't get much crazier than this" LOL :rolleyes:

Anyway that was it, between people arriving unexpectedly and unscheduled meetings that I'd forgotten about. I worked til 1pm. y'day and thought I'd go home and do some STS legs but the weather here, wow, it was 80 y'day and close on that almost every day for the last week. The thing with England is that you can have a heat wave in the morning and then a chill-fest for the next 6 weeks so as I'm trying really really trying to pull my garden together faced with the choice of jumping around and getting all sweaty inside or feeling a bit of sunshine outside.................. well - no contest.

I've been weeding, planting, pruning, sweeping. I've spent a bit more on plants than I planned to and I've done this so often before - got everything all planted and looking fab and then the sun goes in while it's still only Spring and June, July and August are cold and grim and all the plants wither away. Don't know why I bother really.

H O P P Y E A S T E R

Hello All Warriors

Sorry to be MIA but we had lots of family and friends over for the two nights of Passover Seder and I am trying to recuperate. I am off all of this week so that is really nice! Passover Seder is the one time of the year that I eat any meat (lamb).

Janis- I do many high impact exercises on my rebounder- tuck jumps, jumping jacks, and plyometric moves etc. I also do some ab work, plyo pushups, mountain climbers, high knees etc on the rebounder. The Tortoise is a classic Anna Benson era Firm workout with Tracie Long. I have collection of athletic shoes--gulfing shoes, track cleats, running shoes, bowling shoes, weight lifting shoes, biking shoes, tennis shoes, hiking shoes and boots, etc, etc!!

Kimberly – I also do Kelley Coffey- Meyer workouts. I like most of the workouts in her 30 minutes to fitness series. She is a nice change of pace from Cathe. Speaking of Cathe, I have not done any of her workouts in a while. I have such attention deficit when it comes to workouts. I think that is why I own so very many (actually- too many)

Cathy on the additions to your family! The basset did not have an owner? Did you find a new home for him?

Kimberly- I have two spin bikes. Please keep all the snow. I am waiting for real spring weather here!

Kim- I have to do some work in my yard and garden too. Not sure when I will get to it though.

I tried to do Insanity Asylum-Vertical Plyo” this morning. I usually exercise first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It was not happening today. I stopped and I will do it later in the day after I eat.

Have a great day!

No workout for me today. I was on duty handling dog logistics. Sadly, the basset is now at animal control. Really hate the laws here that don't allow humane societies to take strays. He was a very sweet dog, but not neutered and so he and Sparty (who is neutered, but it's his house) expanded incredible amounts of energy over attempting to decide who was top dog. Literally not stopping except to gulp water, or just chase each other around instead of jumping each other. He hadn't been reported missing anywhere, and no one around us knows of a basset who lives out here. DH totally cannot handle the level of intensity they were creating, while totally not being aggressive in a mean way at all. So, there was no way he could spend another night. :( Hopefully, either his owners will find him, someone will adopt him or the local humane society will find a way to spring him. Which they do when they can with adoptable animals. We definitely learned that any second dog will have to be willing to be second dog. Sparty wants someone to play with, but only if he gets to be in the lead.

Kim, enjoy your heat while you have it. We have blue sky and fluffy white clouds at the moment, but there's a chance of rain the next few days, before it looks like.....maybe.....maybe....we'll actually get some decent spring weather.

So are unscheduled meetings that you forgot, really unscheduled?

Regina how does Insanity Asylum-Vertical Plyo compare to Cathe's plyo? Wish I had a rebounder for some things, too. Enjoy your time off.

Why...........are my inner thighs killing me! And it's not the first time. Squat racks has FOUR exercises. FOUR! None of them are specifically for inner thighs. It's not the deadlifts, I'm pretty sure it's not regular squats, so that leaves front squats and lunges. :confused:

Regina: I bet you're excited that Cathe is going to have a spin workout! So you have Asylum...I love/hate my Insanity. I'm holding off on Asylum, maybe next winter. I love Shaun T.

Peaceful Rainbow: Don't you wish you could save all the poor dogs? We had two boxers show up at our house 6 weeks ago. It was very cold out, and we have coyotes nearby. Lucky for us, we have a Humane Society 18 miles away and the lady came out here on a SUNDAY and picked them up! I sent them a nice donation Monday morning.

KadetKim: We used to do a lot of flowers in the summer. We have went to all perennials. Mostly hostas.

After work I treadmilled/stairmastered for 40 minutes. Did some squats, and took the dogs for a walk.

Kimberly

When I came downstairs there were weeds in the hall. Took a mo for the old brain cells to connect weeds to cat behaving oddly round about the cupboard to realise that she'd brought in a vole or dormouse or something or other that I can't identify. It's a tiny thing, with a head almost the same size as it's body and the entire thing (excl tail) only the length of half my thumb.

I know there's a little congregation of them under the patio because there's always a dead one in the grass about once a year and cat (this is not Gucci - he slept through the entire palaver) is not resourceful enough to venture further afield and then last year I caught her tormenting one. I wrested it from her and quickly tipped it as gently as poss over the nextdoor fence. I know now they are homing as rather than make a cozy nest in a place of safety, it came limping back across the grass towards its nest and she was on it before I realised and had despatched it.

So there I am at the bottom of the stairs trying to decide how best to deal with the situation. First thing I needed gloves sufficiently sturdy so as to be able to resist a bite as I didn't wish to die of rabies in my Florence Nightingaley endeavours. I got a glass bowl to upend over the little critter but all safe guards proved unnecessary as when I went to catch the little bloke from where he was cowering he was weak and enfeebled. I popped him in the bowl and carried it across the road and released him in a quiet little grass patch.

Within 15 minutes she was haring round the place with another clamped in her chops. I shooed her away and as this one appeared even weaker than the first I put him in a box and waited to see if he rallied before I took him to the grass patch. I carried on with digging the flower bed and before I had a chance to text DD an update she was attempting to scoff down No.3 before I confiscated him too. Him I put in the box with No.2, although I'm not convinced he's a candidate for repatriation as I'm not sure he can even walk. I left them some nuts and seeds (although I don't know if they are herbivores or need insects???) and some water and continued with what I was doing, all the time keeping a whether eye on that scraggly old moggy. No.4 I think was dead by the time I realised she had him so I've locked her in the store room and she's grizzling and clawing at the door.

I finally managed to convert my downloads so I got to do LIC. I resisted buying this sooner as a regrettable early purchase was Cardio Fusion which features a segment from this. Sorry I waited so long as I think this will become a favourite as for the first time I actually really enjoyed the music. I finally got round to STS disc 27 but have swerved the legs this week, so not sure whether to carry on with M3 for upper body next week and be a week behind on the legs or just tack disc 26 onto the end. Decisions Decisions.

29 degreesC here today. Unprecedented for April. This is July weather.

Kimberly thanks for telling me about your Hostas. They are very popular here but the snails make short shrift of them. I also changed from annual to herbacious plants but some are so very hardy and others so much more delicate that inevitably you end up with mostly large repetitive clumps of things which have crowded out the gentler guys, but in this climate most of these plants have finished around June so for the majority of the summer you're left with nothing in flower.

OK Cathy you outed me - the meeting was scheduled just not in my tiny mind - I'd scheduled disc 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janis Mungo???? Dudley??

OK off to nurse our little ...................... (not sure what to call them, vermin of some sort anyway) back to health.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.