Why I'm Leaving...

icklemoley

Cathlete
I guess its a little strange for someone to say "i'm leaving" but hey, i am.
I know that some people will careless. Some people will be glad, and others, well, who can say.
In the time that i've been here i've had a great time (mostly). Stories have been shared, information passed, and general cyber space friendship has been cultivated. Those things i'm grateful for.
In the past 6 months or so this place has gone downhill fast. It is no longer the same place it used to be.
Posts being deleted are now a current theme here, whereas a long time back they were rare indeed.

I also feel let down by Cathe. I am / was / still am very disapponinted with my new DVD's. With so many people complaining and getting the same answers (its not us, its you). I think that Cathe should have stepped in (us loyal people) and said "Sorry". I still have sound problems. I still have pausing. I still have problems full stop and so do many, many other people. When you buy goods you expect something of high quality. I feel sad that this is not the case this time. Of course i have been happy with my other dvd's and remain happy with them. They are great.

Today i posted something to make people smile. No bad laungage. No XXXXXXX in and yet it was deleted. Why? Why? Why? For those of you that saw it (and i hope some did) it was done in the best possible taste. It was to bring a smile. I am disgusted.
Sure this is Cathe's forum. And she should be allowed to delete what she see's fit. But what people are not getting is that SHE is not the creater of this forum. We are. The buyers. Without us this place wouldn't exist. If i'm not making comments on GOD, or SWEARING, or making NASTY COMMENTS why can't i make a post without it being deleted? WHY? This is an OPEN FORUM. I should at least be given a "WHY" my post was deleted. Sigh.

So this is not the same place it once was. So much change. Not for the better and sadly, for those that i really respected and liked in here,

McMain - Carole (sorry if spelt wrong)
ClareMc.
Debbie (you remembered my birthday, thank you).
Cardi.
And anyone else i might have forgot, i'm sorry.

I'm sure this thread will be deleted. But i hope that before it is some will at least read it.

Wayne.

wayne...........why dont you take a break from here for a little while, instead of saying you are leaving.............that sounds so final:(

Let's call a truce, Wayne. If the person who frequently and only posts filth on here again, we'll both leave. It blows my mind why there is one person who gets away with it. Only a couple posts getting deleted. I've heard people being banned from posting here for far less than nasty jokes and sarcasm. So, don't go...just yet.
:D

i'll miss you. i think your posts are great!

jes;-)

p.s.i read your joke RIGHT before it was deleted and i LMAO!!!

Wayne....I wish you wouldn't go. But you know, I do completely understand your decision. I'll miss ya LOTS....I have also seen some things in the last 6 months that I didn't like and I have refused to post on alot of those threads. But, I know there are many caring people here and I always look forward to their threads. Maybe just a break would help....if that's not possible, I'll understand...take care...:+ :)...Carole

I agree with what you have to say and am sad to see you leave.I am also disapponited that I didn't get to read your thread.
My dvds are fine but I feel very sorry for the people who aren't happy and aren't getting anywhere with it.There is nothing worse then feeling invisable and your (cyber)voice not being heard.
I also understand some threads being deleted b/c this place as gone downhill and there as been some very distasteful things posted, and I am not an uptight person.Im sure this was not the case with your post b/c I have never read anything rude or off the wall,in your post.If anything, when you have offended people (and not intentional) you are very apologitic which makes me beleive that you are a very nice and considerate person.
Good luck with everything in your life.I know you have had some "not so great times".If you feel the need to come back and see some familiar names, please post and give us an update on how things are going in "waynes world"!
Take care,
Lori:)

I havent enjoyed coming to these boards much either lately. I dont like the censorship. And if I dont like it, hey, leave, right? So that is what I have been doing, staying away.

I dont need these boards, there are plenty of fitness boards out there to choose from. I dont need the Cathe DVDs either as there are plenty of others to choose from.

Have fun guys.

Love,
Madonna

I hate to see people leave, this is a good place - but I understand your feelings. I, too, have been surprised by the content on the board, mainly the bickering that has gone back and forth. But I have just tried to ignore those threads. I would be very saddened if my thread was deleted. I'm sorry that happened to you, Wayne.

I also sympathize with your opinions on the DVDs. I had no idea how many people were having problems with them and with customer service until I started viewing OTHER forums, and boy are they upset. It's a shame that SCM doesn't replace them because the workouts are very good and worth having in your collection.

As a business student, I have learned a lot about marketing - specifically, 1) every customer you upset tells on average 12 people about his experience, every satisfied customer tells on average 2. 2) It costs a lot more to obtain a customer than to RETAIN a customer, and 3) just as important as knowing what your customers do/like/want, it is just as important to know what your non-customers (people that don't buy from you) do/like/want. If SCM visited some other forums and read some of the opinions on their products/service, I think they'd be very displeased.

I hate to see you both go, but I hope to see/read you on another forum sometime! Take Care

Joy

Agree. You will be missed.

I also agree about the board going down hill. It isn't the deleting as much as all the infighting .. ugh.. who needs it. It use to be such a supportive place. I know we use to have a lot of check ins and everyone was so supportive. Change is good but agree withothers it isn't what it use to be.

There are still some great people on here. Debbie comes to mind as one of them.

Sorry to hear about the DVD. I didn't order them at the time. I did IMAX2 and L&G yesterday and the day before.. some great ones

Hope to see you back before too long.

Wayne:

I did that for a while just over a year ago. I got sick of people criticizing everything I had to say, got sick of receiving hate mail from certain people, got sick of every word I printed being twisted and turned into a slanging match.

I too get tired of the censorship, the lack of attention by SNM to the current DVD problems, and also, the lack of censorship of certain individuals whose posts and emails got beyond vicious.

I stayed away for several months and cooled down. Now I come back and browse, reading only those posts that interest me, chatting only with the few indidivduals I know and can trust not to rip into me and giving words of comfort and advice to those who I really feel are crying out for help. I am far more interested in helping those who suffer emotional problems.

The rest I just read and laugh, or read and ignore, or read and fume, temporarily, then get over it.

Change occurs all the time and we cannot stop it. I twill chnge back again to something else within 6 months. Come back again at that point and have a read. And if it still pissses you off, or simply bores you, then hey, as you say, there are plenty of other places to hang out!

Whilst you were here, I enjoyed reading your posts, both the informational ones and the spirited argument ones, and I have always appreciated the support you gave me when others sought to attack. Cheers!

See ya mate!

Clare ;-)

I have to say, I will miss your posts. Wayne, please reconsider. You have always responded appropriately & kindly to people.

I too have noticed the censorship. I also don't remember this being the case a while back. However, respectfully, it IS Cathe's website. I'm also sorry you are unhappy with your DVDs. Mine have been no problem at all. But, if you feel you didn't get your money's worth then I'm sure you didn't.

Again, please reconsider. Also, you can PM me your joke. It's very unlikely I would be offended. The only thing that offends me a lot is people just being nasty & mean & critical of others.

Marla;(

Wayne,
I will miss your posts as well and really hope you reconsider...like a few others suggested, try just taking a break for a while. I never got a chance to read your joke but can't imagine that it was anything obscene or vulgar! PM your joke to me if you'd like! Your posts have never been nasty or offensive, so I can't imagine why your joke would have been deleted.

Anyway I hope we've managed to convince you to at least just take a break for a while.........hope to see you back sometime!!

Hi Wayne. I haven't been on these forums much at all in the past several months. When I checked out the last time was when Trevor left and all that aftermath so I really don't know about all the deleted posts or fighting posts but let me just say that this forum is fine for the times when you have a fitness question concerning a Cathe workout but don't let it become your life. You have to keep in mind that everyone here can be turned off with the click of your mouse. I also do not know about the defective DVD's but aren't all of the Cathe DVD's guaranteed??? That issue concerns me considering how expensive Cathe workouts are and I just ordered two new DVD's, which is why I came back to the forum in the first place.

Take some needed time and get this forum into perspective. Yes, there are very nice people here and I was disappointed upon my return to see the old check-in group I was involved with had disbanned but now that I've been reading here for a few days again I'm starting to get the picture of what the current atmosphere is like right now. I'm seeing interesting fitness question's hardly getting any responses and then a thread about someone's dog farting has 30 posts. That's sad.

But it's cyberspace, not real life so remember...when the folks here start to bug you, you are only a click away from sanity again.

Wayne, I haven't been around here for a long time but popped back in recently to see if things had changed for the better. So how karmic is this - I SAW YOUR JOKE!! First thing this morning I read it. It was long and hysterical. I loved it and saw nothing wrong with the "off colorness" of it. It was cute!

Long live the pig!!

Alexis

Hi Wayne,

I too hope you will decide to drop back in someday. I left the forum for almost a year the last time it got crazy here, & when I came back a lot had changed...well, that's normal of course.

Right now this forum & many of the people on it are one of my lifelines so I'm just wading in & out of the unpleasantness. I'm sorry I missed your joke btw...I'm always late to everything!

I'm extremely sorry to hear about your problems with the DVD's, & other people's as well. I have to say I'm a bit stunned at the scope of the problem as you describe it. I hope SNM will think again on this & try to resolve the problems.

I will miss you, & really hope you will change your mind...or at least come back to visit.

Take care,
Ruth

40 something I have to tell you that your post is so close to how I feel that I had to check it 10 times to make sure I hadn't written it myself.

As home exercisers, it is sometimes hard to stay motivated. I work out in my basement alone. Many of the workouts are torture and when I describe some of the moves to people they look at me like I have 3 heads. When you are on this forum, people understand that hard and crazy work produces results. When I have a question, or a frustration or want to celebrate that for the first time during Boot Camp I wasn't tempted to dial 911, this is the place to go. But you are totally correct, when a post about dog farting gets three times the response of a legitimate fitness post.....well, this becomes a demotivating place to hang out.

Wayne has always had very nice posts.....hopefully he will take your advice and just take a little break. I am having no trouble with my DVDs either, but I'd be mad as a wet hen if I waited a million months and then wasn't happy with them.

As for the censoring - well, some people have gone over the edge and I think that she is pulling it WAY back. It seems like it is getting much more positive and much more fitness related right now and I really enjoy that. Sorry if you got caught in the crossfire - you seem like a really reasonable, kind, informative person.
Melissa

Wayne,
Hasn't the 90 day gaurantee for the DVDs been upheld? This is very disturbing to me.
I'm sorry you aren't comfortable here. I just found this forum a couple of months ago. At first I was realy enthralled by all the things I learned for the edu. crowd. I have noticed a difference lately.
I hope to see you post again soon and I hope this board will get back to normal where everyone is comfortable.

~Reece Out~

Oh Wayne... I am hoping all this really makes you reconsideer just taking a break. As other have said.. "sanity is only a click away".

I too have not enjoyed this board much lately. There seems to be less and less fitness related posts and more fighting, complaining about EVERYTHING!

However, I have a lot of good friends here and have learned more from these folks than anyone else! I have been reluctant to post lately as people seem to be so opinionated lately. I hate that there seems to be a split between some people w/dvd problems and some of them who think we should stop complaining...well I am one w/problems and I am not happy w/the lack of response from SNM. If SNM would just deal w/it it probably wouldn't be tearing the board up so much and we would probably be talking more about fitness - uggghhhh! So...I am with ya' on this one. I too think I am most annoyed at the deleting of messages. It is funny that SNM doesn't have time to respond to or fix the dvd issues but they sure have time to delete posts that they don't like or that talk negative about the dvds??? I think this frustrates me the most.

Funny as I was going to post a post here tonight on suggestions for other fitness boards to visit. Then I see your post.... we must all be thinking similar thoughts???

Anyway, big cyber hug to you! Pls let me know where ya' go... I'd like to hang out w/ya. Also, sorry I missed your joke! Send it on over if ya' get a chance!

Wayne, you are disappointed and that's understandable but as is usually the case, these things come and go and if you can hang in there, it will all be good again until it gets sour at times but such is life! I truly believe Cathe is trying to give us the best forums she can but you know the old adage, "you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." It stinks when you are among the displeased but if ou stick around, you'll be in the other camp sooner or later, I promise!

Don't go!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised, to carry money without spending it, and to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.

-Ann Landers

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.