Who One Star Rates a Friggin' Birthday Thread?!?

Jonezie

Cathlete
Are ya kidding me?!? It's the lowest of the low when you do your passive aggressive drive-by on someone's b-day. Whether you like or loathe someone, don't they get a break on their special day? PS...no one else on the forum may know you one-starred it, but do you really want to go to bed tonight knowing that you don't have the guts to stand up to someone's face but can cowardly run around one-star rating someone's b-day thread? Is your life really so uneventful and petty that you have to log on and one-star stalk someone? Why don't you take your big girl pill and call back in the morning?

Jonezie

PS...You do realize that one-starring a thread draws more attention to it and makes MORE people want to read it, right?

Last edited:
Yea, no doubt. I think I know who but don't want to give this person the satisfaction of notoriety. Makes me so mad!!! :mad:

Why are these stupid star rating even aloud on here?

I was wondering the same thing. This is why I stick to FB most of the time now. This place is just not that much fun anymore :( I was just having lunch and thought I'd pop in and see what was being discussed - and the ugliness continues.

I was wondering the same thing. This is why I stick to FB most of the time now. This place is just not that much fun anymore :( I was just having lunch and thought I'd pop in and see what was being discussed - and the ugliness continues.

Shana! I have been wondering where you've been. Miss you on the Hardcore thread. But I agree. I'm almost to the point of not posting anymore either. I wish SNM would just disable the stupid star rating. It's ignorant!!!

I'll give them the satisfaction of notoriety. ;) That would be Trevor, AKA unkEwL, and his girlfriend Shirluvstobefat. Hey you two, I feel your pain. I'm sorry your lives are so sad and bitter. I'm sending you good vibes in the hopes that you might someday mature beyond the age of 12, and perhaps even become contributing members to society. Best wishes & peace out. :D

wow, that is crazy to 1 star a bday thread! Why?

How did you figure out who does this Laura? You're so smart! :D

Hey Laura - I wished you a Happy Birthday on FB but will do it here too - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Debbie!! I just sort of dropped off, I know. It got to where I was only posting on the HC checkin and even that became sketchy when the summer came around and I was focused on the racing, then I felt like a dork :rolleyes: just popping back in. I am on the FB checkin though, and still a maniac...actually, more of one! I stop by and read the HC checkin here from time to time and see that you, too, are still maintaining the maniac status!

I'll give them the satisfaction of notoriety. ;) That would be Trevor, AKA unkEwL, and his girlfriend Shirluvstobefat. Hey you two, I feel your pain. I'm sorry your lives are so sad and bitter. I'm sending you good vibes in the hopes that you might someday mature beyond the age of 12, and perhaps even become contributing members to society. Best wishes & peace out. :D

Laura,

I just want you to know that you are quite wrong about what you are saying about me. I am Shirluvs2bfit. I do not know who Trevor is or unkEwl. I have been married for 17 years and have 3 children. I do not 1 star threads, posts or anything for that matter. In fact, I'll do the opposite when I see a post with 1 star. I rate it 5 stars just because it upsets me to see it. It saddens me to see my name included with this ugliness. I rarely if ever post in the OD forum. What lead you to believe that I'm the person doing this? You do not know me. If you thought I was doing this why didn't you contact me. I just don't understand.:( I really can't believe this. Have you read my user profile? I used to check in with the Clean & Tidy check-in but stopped due to my work schedule. I am upset and hurt by this. I am NOT the person who is 1 starring your threads, posts, etc.

JonsiE - Sorry to hijack your thread! But totally agree that the star ratings should be disabled. Stupid! Just plain Stupid!

Shana
- I was wondering what happened to you! NIce to know you are still a maniac as always!:)

LMFAO!!! :eek:

Hey Laura - I wished you a Happy Birthday on FB but will do it here too - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Debbie!! I just sort of dropped off, I know. It got to where I was only posting on the HC checkin and even that became sketchy when the summer came around and I was focused on the racing, then I felt like a dork :rolleyes: just popping back in. I am on the FB checkin though, and still a maniac...actually, more of one! I stop by and read the HC checkin here from time to time and see that you, too, are still maintaining the maniac status!

Well good to hear from you, Shana! I miss your posts. Hope you come back one of these days. :D

What a shame this happened. I was hoping everyone would just ignore the star ratings.

I was just thinking yesterday how things had settled down on the forums lately.

Well, Happy Birthday to Laura! May it be filled with many many sparkly stars. :)

We've discussed this several times and many of us seem to feel that the star rating function is pretty useless, but I wondered if anyone has ever suggested/requested that it be disabled?

Thinking perhaps not, I just posted a request in the "Ask Cathe" forum. Maybe if more people add their voices to mine there, the request might have more weight.

PS...You do realize that one-starring a thread draws more attention to it and makes MORE people want to read it, right?
But by the same token, posting a thread drawing attention to the fact that someone is giving threads one stars probably gives that person the satisfaction of getting attention (negative though it may be).

The truth is, no one except the person who actually did it knows for sure who it is. It's unfortunate that the star rating system on Cathe Nation is anonymous. Because, if it were like Facebook, where your name and photo showed up next to your comment or "thumbs up," I think people would think twice about doing it.

Jonezie

Laura,

I just want you to know that you are quite wrong about what you are saying about me. I am Shirluvs2bfit. I do not know who Trevor is or unkEwl. I have been married for 17 years and have 3 children. I do not 1 star threads, posts or anything for that matter. In fact, I'll do the opposite when I see a post with 1 star. I rate it 5 stars just because it upsets me to see it. It saddens me to see my name included with this ugliness. I rarely if ever post in the OD forum. What lead you to believe that I'm the person doing this? You do not know me. If you thought I was doing this why didn't you contact me. I just don't understand.:( I really can't believe this. Have you read my user profile? I used to check in with the Clean & Tidy check-in but stopped due to my work schedule. I am upset and hurt by this. I am NOT the person who is 1 starring your threads, posts, etc.

You see this is why they have the saying "Innocent until proven guilty." Really. That was cold to assume. Does it really matter? Can't we all just get along? I feel for you shirluvs2bfit. I would so understandibly feel hurt by the accusation. Not nice. :(

We've discussed this several times and many of us seem to feel that the star rating function is pretty useless, but I wondered if anyone has ever suggested/requested that it be disabled?

Thinking perhaps not, I just posted a request in the "Ask Cathe" forum. Maybe if more people add their voices to mine there, the request might have more weight.

Yes, I requested in August 2008, and was 1-starred! (I felt bad at the time, too!) I suggested it in the Workout Manager and Website Suggestions forum. SNM didn't respond...

Hi Linda :) I read the other day that you are doing Insanity too - what do you think? I really liked it. And thanks, Debbie. That means a lot to me. It really does.

Now, for this one star rating bit- the solution, I believe, if SNM won't respond, is to arbitrarily rate threads from 1 to 5 stars, so that in the end, a rating of anywhere from a 1 through a 5 really means nothing. I am sure that the intention was good when they established the system - there just wasn't much forethought I suppose into the negative possibilities. So if we basically disarm it ourselves by making the stars mean nothing, problem solved!!

I agree. Let's just all agree to ignore the stars. Realistically whoever has the time to do this has too much time on their hands and likes to stir up trouble. I've always ignored them. Life is too short for such negativity. And that's ALL of my valuable time I'll waste on this. Every party has a pooper ... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.