Who did I talk to about The Bachelorette last week?

Boingo

Cathlete
Did you watch this week??

I really felt bad for Graham. I totally see him as not wanting to open up on a "game show". And that maybe he just takes a while. I wish that Deanna could have seen that. My DH is a man of few words, and it really takes some time and opportunities to open up with me, STILL, after 20 + years, so I kind of understand Graham. I wish she could have given him some time. I also felt bad for her, having to make that decision, too. She really seemed torn. I'd wish she'd let Jesse go. As sweet and cute and funny as he is, he just doesn't seem suited for her. he doesn't look like he wants to have 3 kids in the next 4 years! (did you see where she told Jason she wanted 3 kids by the time she was 30???).

I DEFINITELY saw Deanna being SO like Jeremy's mother. It was quite eery in fact. I mean, they even looked alike, didn't they? that was soo sad him reading his journal about when his mother died. I just don't know how people open up like that with cameras in their faces.

I think Jason and Ty would be her best choice. I hope the rumors are right! Their family was so fun, and sweet!

~Chris

Oh it's just a rumor, that Deanna picks Jason and Ty, and proposes to both on the finale. There's another rumor that Jeremy goes home this coming week too. So we'll see!

An internet friend of mine told me that both were "leaks". So we'll see!!

~Chris

I am suddenly obsessed with this show. I liked Graham, the connection was undeniable, but he has some issues that he is going to need to work thru.

I do not care for Jeremy at all. I don't find him attractive, and I think DeAnna would be miserable in that house all alone all the time while Jeremy is working his 12+ hour days.

As a formerly single mom, recently married, I am rooting for Jason and Ty!

>>>>>>Did you watch this week??

I really felt bad for Graham. I totally see him as not wanting to open up on a "game show". And that maybe he just takes a while. I wish that Deanna could have seen that. My DH is a man of few words, and it really takes some time and opportunities to open up with me, STILL, after 20 + years, so I kind of understand Graham. I wish she could have given him some time. I also felt bad for her, having to make that decision, too. She really seemed torn. I'd wish she'd let Jesse go. As sweet and cute and funny as he is, he just doesn't seem suited for her. he doesn't look like he wants to have 3 kids in the next 4 years! (did you see where she told Jason she wanted 3 kids by the time she was 30???).

I DEFINITELY saw Deanna being SO like Jeremy's mother. It was quite eery in fact. I mean, they even looked alike, didn't they? that was soo sad him reading his journal about when his mother died. I just don't know how people open up like that with cameras in their faces.

I think Jason and Ty would be her best choice. I hope the rumors are right! Their family was so fun, and sweet!

~Chris<<<<<<<

Hey Chris. I started the thread about this last week so I guess you spoke, er typed, with me! :7 I taped the show and got home during the last 30 min. so I watched the ending but I haven't yet watched the first 1 1/2 hours which I intend to still do. I can understand how hard it would be to open up on camera but ya know, this is why you're here and this is the ONLY shot you're going to get. It will be interesting to hear what Graham wrote in the letter BUT if he could write his feelings down in the letter and give it to her AFTER he's been let go, then why, oh why, if he couldn't verbalize to her, didn't he give her a letter BEFORE she made a decision????? So I don't know if I have a lot of sympathy for him. I'll have to watch the show in its entire context and then decide from that. I definitely feel Jesse has just got to go. When he and Deanna stand next to each other, they just seem so mismatched. On the next episode, they have "The Bachelors Tell All." Hmmmmmm, wonder if they really will! }(

ETA: Actually just to correct spelling and add Graham's name.

I totally agree regarding Jeremy, there is just something that I can't put my finger on! Graham seemed to have quite a few issues! She would be exhausted trying to keep track of his moods.

I love this show! Especially this season, whew I've really gotten into it. Last week was a tear-jerker for me. I am torn between Jason and Jeremy. Its going to be really sad when one of them is NOT picked, LOL. Oh well, we will see!

I see the whole Graham thing entirely different. She was smitten with him, and he just didn't return those feelings. I almost think he asked the producers to leave the show. Witness how he grins and sways during the Rose Ceremony, and his trite, "You did what you had to do," upon leaving.

There's a video of him in the limo on the ABC site and he doesn't seem upset, just wishes Deanna well and says he hoped he didn't hurt her too badly. Is this the reaction of someone whose been dumped? Usually they state how the Bachelorette made a mistake, or didn't take the time to get to know him, or something to that effect.

The only time I thought he might be truly into her was when he greeted her at the High School. Usually, they had awkward conversations and she practically begs him to kiss her. He seemed so unconfortable to be around her most of the time.

I think he wanted out.

Diane

Diane, I totally get what you're saying but when he and Deanna were sitting on the bench after she walked him out, he had tears in his eyes. He'd turn his head but there defintely were some kind of feelings being shown. I still haven't yet had a chance to watch the entire Monday night's show but hopefully I can before the new upcoming episode.

I don't know what to make of the tears at the bench... guilt? She made it quite clear he hurt her. I'm sure he was shocked at the "L" word.

But really, anyone who can't keep a relationship going for more than 4 weeks isn't likely to fall head over heals with someone he just met.

He didn't like the situation and made it quite clear to her at the track. Their first beach date was unconfortable, at best. After meeting his Mom and Dad, he could barely look at her while on the bench at their house. (Maybe they should avoid benches) And whenever they did kiss, it was like she was leaning in 98%.

I just did not see that he had strong, loving, feelings for her.

But hey, I've been wrong before!

Diane

P.S. I once walked into a video store and a woman was hugely upset and in tears because of complications opening up an account at the store. She had just moved to CA from Canada and the store required a CA driver's license as ID. When she left, the store clerk was red-eyed and excused himself briefly, saying how it upset him so to make her cry (a woman he didn't even know!). He was just following store policy, and I thought being very nice about it. Maybe totally unrelated, but goes to show you for some, tears are contageous if you feel you caused them.

Interesting article...

I still think it wasn't the right venue for HIM. And yes, he knew what he was getting into , but maybe he wasnt sure how he would really react to the situation.

he was very HOT though, probably the best looking there.. THAT you must agree on! LOL!...

~Chris

I still haven't had a chance to watch all of Monday night's show yet. ARGH! We only see a snippit of what reall goes on. Deanna seems to know herself well enough to find what she needs in a partner........except that Jesse thing. Haven't quite figured that one out yet. Ooh, I know, I know! Perhaps she always wanted to skateboard and now she's got someone who can teach her! Yes?}(

Yeah, I finally got to see the entire show, albeit at 4am this morning - yep, sleep issues. x( So here's my take. I think she abslutely HAD to let Graham go. She genuinely seemed to have deep feelings for him. She was like a giddy school girl when she first got out of the car and saw him. I really think she was trying hard to give him opportunities to open up. When they were sitting on the bench and there was that awkward silence, she asked him if that's how life would be with him and he said, "yep, pretty much," and there ya have it. I could not be with someone who could not communicate his feelings. That's such a big part of who I am that he'd be outta my life before he got to see what color my eyes were! :7

As far as the others go, my faith has been anchored in knowing there actually are guys out there that have depth to them and know how to show it. After seeing more of Jesse and how he approaches relationships, I thought, way to go for him. He doesn't rush things and likes to really get to know someone before just giving his emotional self to them. I just wish he wouldn't part his hair on the side. They showed him without a part where his hair was just all pushed back and kind of to one side and he looked so much better. I still couldn't see those 2 together in the long run, but who knows. I think Jeremy and Jason both have outstanding qualities. I loved how Jeremy was able to share his feelings about his mother with DeAnna. Jason is just amazing with his little boy. What I loved most about these guys was their relationships with their families. I wish "I" had a family like theirs. :)

So I can't wait for tonight's episode. I am soooooooo loving this series. I don't want it to be over. However, there's just this one thing about DeAnna. I know it's petty but here goes......her voice is just grating on my nerves. O.K., that's all I'll say about it. :p We'll have to all chat after tonight's episode. Talk to y'all then! :D

I can't wait to watch tonight. I really can't stand Jeremy - he's ugly and has no personality. I hope she doesn't choose him. My friend can't stand DeAnna - says she thinks she's all that. I like her - I think she seems confident and honest. My guess is she won't end up staying with whomever she chooses.

I just saw a preview of tonight's episode and it looks like DeAnna says to Graham that she just couldn't see a future with him and he makes some kind of comment like that remark really hurt. I'm going to miss the first 1/2 hour of the show tonight but I will be taping it. Have I already mentioned that I can't for tonight's show? }(

I'm not 100% behind DeAnna myself. It seems like her conversations with the guys center all about the "process" and relationships and how they're holding up. What about real life? I never hear her talk about her or their work. The only conversations that seem real to me are the ones with Jesse. I think he's so not so much a romantic interest for her that she can relax with him.

Is all she and Jeremy have in common are dead parents? What a downer!

I think Jason and DeAnna are on the same page. Not so sure a cross-country romance will hold up though.

I find it interesting that there is never footage from the final rose ceremony, nor talk of it. In past episodes they advertised it almost from the get-go as "The most dramatic ending ever!" - or some such thing. This time, nada.

Diane

>>...I find it interesting that there is never footage from the final rose ceremony, nor talk of it. In past episodes they advertised it almost from the get-go as "The most dramatic ending ever!" - or some such thing. This time, nada....>>>

Very astute Diane! You're so right! I wonder what's up with that. It's just so hard to figure things out with all the editing they do. We never see the entire truthful situations. It will be interesting to hear what the Bachelors have to say tonight. Only 5 hours away. I know, I know, do I have a life? :+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.