Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hello everyone! Life back to normal, had such a great week with DS, DD came home both weekends, it was lovely.

Have been working out, Cathe, Yvette, also some FitBody by Julia. Murphy, I saw you were looking for other YouTube videos, Velvet Hammer Fitness has some good ones, need your own music tho.

Jody, DD looks so happy! My youngest would enjoy that so much! He is always nagging me to move to Florida to hang out with the gators!

Lisa, hope you are feeling better, it gets frustrating.

Ronne, how was your weekend?

Hello to Tracey and Murphy!

Back to work tomorrow, DD’s spring break starts Friday, I’m going to enjoy having her around! Good day to all! Mary

Hi

Jody - love the photo!

Mary - Velvet Hammer?! Glad you had a nice week with the kids.

Got a workout in on Saturday. Did ICE TTM. I think I might have an ICE week as it felt good to go back to it after a break. I think I might do a few series weeks.
We had snow over the weekend again! Temps plummeted. I've been out today and it's below freezing with a gusting wind.
Drove up north to see family yesterday - a bit stupid as the conditions weren't great. Could barely see out of the windscreen but it was lovely to see everyone.

Windscreen, love it.....just got done reading a book based in London (name escapes me because all the books I had on hold at the library was available at the same time. Reading 3 different books at the moment. Stop one to start another that I want to read more. Did do some cycling. We had snow as well but prior we had a gorgeous day, rode for 30 miles , cycled to a lunch place and ate then rode home. Can’t believe we rode to 3 different towns! Hand arm better but then I quilt very little and next day it hurts again. Going to splurge on a bigger sewing machine and put it on a frame so I can quilt and not wreck my hand, wrist, arm. Signing off, sorry for lack of personals, saving typing strokes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! Today did an Yvette workout, yesterday did fitsplit boxing and legs.

Lisa, hope you feel better. Is it from working on a computer for so long?

Ronne, snow here too. Done with it!

Hello to everyone else! Mary

Hello

Mary - did you do the whole thing? I'm really impressed. I could not manage that! Snow has cleared here and it is just starting to get a bit warmer.

Lisa - that sounds like my kind of ride, with a break for lunch in the middle!

Yesterday was STS RUUB and today 4DS LB premix. It's the literary festival on at the moment here so I'm going to a few talks. DH and I went to one last night by an interesting political journalist, then we went for some Asian food and a couple of drinks in a new bar we hadn't been to before. We didn't feel too old!!

Hello

Did Cardio Slam yesterday and S&S Bootcamp today. It turned into an S&S week in the end. My parents are here this weekend so will be busy with them. Have a good weekend everyone.

Quick hello to all!! DD is home, working out, working and hanging with her, hope all is well with everyone! See you on Monday! Mart

Greetings all! Last week I did a Gainesville run to see DD at school then did a really nice hike at a state park the following day. This week on Mon I did a 30 min run in order to be outside since it has been so nice. I'm still deciding on today's workout but I've got 3 days off so I plan to do something each day.
Mary, DD told me that she had the most fun ever on that trip catching that gator off the airboat! Maybe you can send me your youngest for a camping hiking buddy, :D. Enjoy your DD this week!
Ronne, did you enjoy the lit presentations? I'm thinking of hitting the library and getting a real book to read. I have a bunch on my tablet but they are all partially read, maybe because I'm settling for freebies when the ones I'm looking for are $. I hope the family was a good visit. I'm gonna see my mom today.
Lisa, you and your hobbies! You go all in! I appreciate that about you!!
Waves to others, I hope you are all doing well. I'll prob be back w/ some workouts to report over next few days.

Hi everyone! Well, happy to report my hand/wrist/arm is getting better. It was the gripping motion that hurt the worst, I still have to limit what I do. the new quilting frame is helping as you move the machine instead of the fabric and it's easier to move. One day even vacuuming set off the pain! DH and I have been cycling and even did another ride with a stop for lunch, those are becoming our favorite!
Jody, lol, I guess I do go all in. I really thought a lot about a new machine and I decided that it's something I like to do so it was worth the investment, you only live once! I have an account at our local library and I reserve online books, it takes a while to get them sometimes but it's the way I read the popular books with no investment and no visit to the library. It's great the way you get out and hike all by yourself! I've only done one hike by myself and even then I had a dog with me. Speaking of dogs, I'm pet sitting my oldesst DS cat and dog for 3 weeks while they are in Japan. The cat is starting to drive me crazy, getting on top of my quilt on the frame, getting tangled in the thread on the machine that's there, grrrrr! I'll have the other DS dog on Saturday too, so a house full of fur! I love my furry grands but I'm glad when they are gone too!
Ronne, did you have a fun weekend? It seems like you are the one that's doing mostly Cathe workouts nowadays!
Mary, I've always had carpal tunnel issues since my 30s, and right hand tightness too. I'm certainly learning moderation, that's not easy for me!

Speaking of Cathe, she announced on FB that she's doing an ICE reboot? And looking for feedback. So I'm trying to think about why I don't reach for ICE very often and what I would like...even though this was like two weeks ago or more? I did like the music from ICE. Shorter versions of muscle meltdowns (15 min focus on one small muscle group doesn't work for me). Level one basic workout includes some hiit, less steady state or level 2 longer and more stand alone. I can see where I would use ICE more if I was using the blender rather than DVD's.

I did an Yvette yesterday - 30 min chest tri and legs. 30 min goes a lot faster when you don't use the pause button and have to keep up. Then I went to my mom's and I still feel residual icky. She's smoking full time in her house and I ate candy and chips there. Gak.
Lisa, now you have a good reason to skip the vacuum. Its good all the pets get along. Can you lock kitteh out of quilt room?
Ronne my cat's litter box is in my workout area. I love my cat but some part of me thinks you may be right when it comes to having such pets!

Hi everyone

Lisa - glad to hear your wrist is recovering. Sounds like a sensible investment if you're going to keep doing it. I couldn't cope with all those pets! (I mistyped there and it came out as pest first...)

Jodie - Yes, there's a thread on the forums about it. I've chucked my twopennorth in (I think that's the equivalent to 2 cents?!) I think that's the Yvette one that I tried. I know what you mean about that icky feeling. We had book group last night and I ate loads of snacks I didn't really need. Felt bloated this morning. I think I'd find it hard to spend time in a house where someone smokes anymore.

Mary - hope you're having fun.

Last weekend was nice. I baked, we went shopping, went to see DD in a dance performance. Since then I've been hitting the workouts (all Cathe so far this week) and also got some yoga in.
It's Easter this weekend so we're all off and doing stuff. I won't be around much so have a nice break if that's what you've got!

No workout except on the quilt! Been a bit chilly to do more than walking outside. Jody., my floor plan is open and the frame is in the dining room (that way that room will get used! Lol). I thought about setting it in the basement but I need natural light to see! I was so glad when my parents quit smoking! I was 27 (10 years before they died) so I had a lifetime of exposure. Sadly in the end quitting really didn't extend their lives. Mom died at 72 of a massive stroke and dad 69 of lung cancer. Both a result of their lifetime smoking. Funny none of the kids took up smoking, we all hated it.
Ronne,. I've never heard of that English saying, no plans for Easter here, same for my BFF seems older children tend to be busy or gone around holidays more often.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quick hello to all! I’m procrastinating my workout today. Hope everyone is well and had a blessed Easter. Youngest DS is in Spring break this week, it has been a rotating break. Not much here, just wanted to say hello to all! Mary

Hi everyone

Lisa - it's very old-fashioned, something my grandma would say. My mum gave up smoking in her 40s and is still going strong. My dad didn't stop till his 60s and has COPD but is managing it. Hope the weather's improved so you can get out on the bike!

Mary - hope you're having fun with the kids.

Easter was nice - very quiet. We didn't really do very much apart from eat chocolate! Been back on the workouts this week getting them in before DH and I go away. DD is off to Germany on Friday for a week so we're taking advantage and having a long weekend away. Just hoping the weather improves - it is awful, raining all the time. The fields around here are flooded.

Hi all. Sorry to have not written in some time. We were away last week for spring break. We went to Universal Studios in Florida. The kids had a great time but I am still tired. Hey, they found another tumor in my brain. I will have radiation this Friday to attack it so I may be off the grid, again, for a few days. Wish me luck.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Murphy, sending healing vibes and prayers your way. You're a strong woman, you've got this!

My hand/wrist is still flaring up. This aging thing is not for wimps! I did get my new sewing machine and want to try it out (that setup doesn't hurt), but I'm scared! It's so fast! The rotary cutting is what is triggering my pain, so DH cuts for me sometimes (even though his right hand/wrist hurts too). I'm blaming all our computer work over the years. Speaking of work, well, DH may not need to retire, he's being targeted for termination. Word is that it's one of 2 things (or both), he's a highly compensated employee, so they are reducing costs, and he's turning 62 so he's old. I think it's both reasons are why, we've seen this in IBM and now it's hitting him in this tech company. Our financial guy ran me some more numbers and I feel ok about it all so we are just waiting for termination time. Right now it is for 5/7 unless he finds another job in the company but already one manager has said that he makes too much for them to take him on in another group. So we were going to cycle today, finally the weather was supposed to be good, but it looks windy (that wasn't forecasted). He is skipping a meeting and I asked if it was ok if he did and he said "what are they going to do, fire me?" Poor guy, even though we were looking at retiring, this is a rejection and hard for him so it was good that finally today after 4 days he's now joking about it.

Ronne, chocolate should be a vitamin! I guess I"ll take windy over soggy rain! :)

Mary, I've been procrastinating cycling, I just don't have energy lately. I just have to push myself, I'm sure I'll feel better for it.

Jody, tomorrow our furry grands go back to their parents! I think that may be why I've been "off"?

Hello all, hope everyone had a good weekend. I have been working out, did a Julia workout today, she is at the end of her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and I couldn’t keep up with her! Lol!

Thinking of all of you! ❤️ Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.