Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

ICE BC today- done. Younger DD visiting friends this weekend- hopefully I will be able to concentrate and get myself ready to leave on Mon. I've done very little planning for this trip, nevertheless I think it will work out. I can make some big financial decisions (around my divorce IRA) today- also distracting. I need bigger jeans, too. Blech. Ha ha, fat middle class problems!
ETA Sunday workout TTM premix, basically tabata stuff.

Last edited:
Hello

Lisa - when are you coming to Europe to join Mary and Jody?! It's all happening here this year! Any news on DH?

Had a lovely day at Wimbledon yesterday. We were on Court 1 so saw some good tennis. Fortunately we were under the roof where it was nice and cool otherwise we would have melted.
Work still really busy so I'm trying to fit shortish workouts in when I can. Planning to do ICE BC today. I like the look of the July rotation but I'll have to park it for a bit. Also, it's too hot to do too much at the moment (that's my excuse!).

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry I've not been around but my life has been consumed with yard max! And if I'm not doing that, I'm working or dealing with doggies. I have found myself rather exhausted from it all!

Ronne, I would love to come to Europe this year where it's all happening! But as you know, yard max and Riley are keeping me right at home. Sigh. What is it you do for work? You have been really busy for quite a while now! I too did not care for the June rotation but I like July's. Whether I can fit it in though is another matter!

Mary, I hope you are having a fantastic time in Europe!! And I agree you need a better travel agent next time. :)

Hi Lisa! I hope things have cleared up for DH and he gets to do things his way. A friend of mine retired last year and I was shocked at all of the misinformation she was given in planning it. People retire from the agency every year! But that's government for you, right? I don't know how I would feel if I came close to a hawk like you did. A few years ago I was taking Basil for a walk on a state building campus after work and we came a across a blue heron sitting in a tree looking at the pond of koi fish. The bird was bigger than Basil and stayed very still. Kinda freaked me out a little!

Murphy, I hope all is well and you aren't being troubled by any aches and pains! I'm glad your eye is better too! Last year, DH tore his retina and we didn't even know it until he went to the eye doctor because his eye was bothering him. He got flashes of bright light which is a sure sign of a detached retina. Don't let that happen to you!

Jody, I believe the gender of cats can be confusing. My friend adopted a stray that she thought was female and she was male. So Rosie became Rosebud. Lola is the perfect name for your mom's cat! That was a pretty awesome outdoor workout you did, and then did again! Yay you! And congratulations on getting the TSA pre-check! There's never any line for that when I go to the airport. Now, just what is biohacking for your cholesterol? LOL! I wanna try it! You can tell me after you get back from your trip. :cool:

Let's see. I went to CA in late May and met up with my friend of 40+ years for a little getaway. We had so much fun! We ate all the wrong foods, drank more than we should, hiked, got manis and pedis and even had a dance party. And we stayed at her family's cabin so it was private, and cheap with the cost being 0!

Riley started marking in the house so we got him neutered as soon as we could after that. He was conehead again and we realized, after we saw him running around the house the next day with it on at 100 mph, that we are going to put his eye surgery off for as long as possible. He is supposed to rest after the surgery and he needs some maturity before he will do that. Fortunately, his vision had not worsened as of May so we'll see the eye Dr. again in Sept. We don't see a difference either. Whew!

I applied and interviewed for yet another promotional position in June. Same type of position as the 2 previous ones I interviewed for. But this time I made it to the second round! Please think good thoughts for me on July 9th when I go for my second interview. I REALLY want this job!

So even though Riley is 18 lbs. now and almost as tall as Basil, he's still all puppy so we can't really take him anywhere! That's what pushed us into yard max full speed. We just want it DONE now. We've been doing clean up, creating paths, planting trees and shrubs, weed pulling and designing a retaining wall we are building ourselves behind the driveway and down by the side of the house. We also bought 3 big Japanese maples to add color, especially in the fall. And yes Lisa and Murphy! I definitely have a sore and stiff neck, sore low back and DOMS. It's all been quite the workout! I have fit in Cathe workouts when I can but I am not doing any rotations now, just winging it.

Happy 4th of July to you Yanks! Is this a Bank Holiday for you today Ronne? Our less than desirable neighbors have been lighting off fireworks all day, since shortly after 8 a.m.! Fortunately, neither doggie gets upset by them. I'm very grateful!

Talk to you sooner than later fit babes! (That is my plan anyway!) Tracy

Hi to the non travelers! Mary is posting lots of pics, looks like she's having fun with her DD.

Ronne, today, July 5th is D day. DH last day, we are waiting for a phone call, Glad we have resolution. No idea about pkg, he has a exit call then after that some group called NASeparations will send info regarding benefits and options. Still no idea if there's a separation pkg, we'll ask!

Tracy, good to see you! Suki did not fair well with the fireworks. She is still not acting normal. Kept us up all night coming up to us, shaking even obviously long after the fireworks was over. I forgot where I put her pheromone spray, finally found it this morning it calmed her a bit. We only had the professional firework sounds to deal with as it's so dry and lots of fires here that everything else was banned and people actually abided by the ban.

DH and I cycled yesterday and today would be a good day for it but we're tied to the phone since they couldn't give us a time that they would call. After today it turns hot again. We're having hotter weather this summer, stands to reason since it was a warm winter. Insurance adjuster comes Tuesday to look at the hail damage on the roof. My DS son roof the roofer said was toast so his will probably be covered by insurance.

Ronne, yes the party is in your country! I can't believe Mary survived the plane trip!

Tracy, good luck with the possible job!

Jody, you don't need to plan the trip you're almost a European now!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi ladies

Lisa - hope you both get good news in the phone call today. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's super hot here as well, we're in the middle of a heatwave with no end in sight. The grass is completely brown in the garden. Most nights it does cool down though which is a relief. I couldn't imagine trying to cycle in this weather!

Tracy - hello! Keeping everything crossed for you for your job. The CA trip sounds like lots of fun. You have been working hard on your garden, I'm sure it will be lovely when it's done. Will you get to enjoy it and sit out there this summer? No, July 4th is a US only thing.

So, despite the heat I'm still managing the workouts. Did a KCM yesterday and planning some Tabatacise today. No great plans this weekend, just watching lots of tennis and football!

The phone call was all of 2 min, totally useless. Basically said if you have queries (their word for questions) email some email address. Got the last pay FedEx to us today along with vacation day payout. Just got done filing for unemployment, who knows he may find something he wants since he has to look for work to receive unemployment benefits . So after the call we went for a quick termination ride, it was sooooo hot since it was noon and my face was beat red! This morning we took a quick easy 1st day of retirement ride, it was much nicer. Coincidence? We'll be relaxing this weekend as well!

Hi

Lisa - that's disappointing! Hope you enjoyed your weekend anyway.

I met up with Jody and daughter yesterday in London. We had a very pleasant (and hot!) walk around Kew Gardens. Lovely to see them both again!
Weather supposed to cool a little over the next few days, I'm ready for it. Did Push Pull today, going to do a bit more weights, I think.

We rode the last 3 days. Shorter rides, 20, 19 and 18 miles because of the heat! So far it's nice not having work hanging over DH head. We're having a great time! Insurance is buying our roof! Also paying to replace some of the aluminum window wraps (we put those on so that the sun quits baking the wood) because they are pitted on 3 sides of the house , I guess insurance can tell from the damage the direction the storm was heading and they even paid for damage to our fence (we have a flat wood along the top, per covenants, and it's all pitted. 20k worth of repairs. They gave us a check for 15k, once repairs are done then we submit receipts for the other 5k. We're working with a good roofer and they are coming tomorrow with the initial contract of what all the repairs will be. We have 2 years to do the repairs and will decide if we will wait until hail season is over. The hail season is April - September, peaking in mid June. Funny the hail damage was from June 18!

Ronne, how fun seeing Jody again! Now it will be your turn to go see her! I think everyone must be having a hot summer!

Hello everyone! Made it back! Wonderful time, so much walking! Loved, loved Italy, so beautiful, food, people, just amazing. France was beautiful also, ummm, met some irritable people there, still was exciting to see everything.
Jody and Ronne were so close! Wish we would have had more time, would have run over there!
Lisa, so DH is officially retired?? How awesome! You guys will be able to hang out all the time! I really missed DH while I was gone, hadn’t been away from him for more than 2 days in 23 years.
Hello to Tracey and Murphy, I need to catch with everything! Mary

Hello

Mary - good to have you back. Glad you've had a good trip. Where was your favourite place? That would have been great if you'd had enough time to pop across the Channel!

Lisa - good job the insurance is paying up.

Not a lot to report here. We're getting some house jobs done. Painter came this morning to do outside of wooden folding doors. Cooker hood needed a repair yesterday. Going to an exhibition tomorrow with DD.
Weather has got a bit fresher these last two days but it's set to go hot again this weekend.

Hello! Today did a Cathe live, catching up.

Ronne, I was really moved by St. Peter’s Basilica, just the history was overwhelming. You are right about the heat! I lost some weight, (which I needed!). I think it was all the glowing I did! I was surprised how late the sun sets there, here it’s dark by 9, over there 11, felt like I had so much more time!

Lisa, what a relief about the insurance!

Jody, are you still in London?

Hello to everyone else! Mary

Hi everyone! Gosh, so good to read the posts and catch up. Hmm, I think Jody Ronne and Mary should have had a quick meet up, in Calais? Not sure if that would have been do able or practical (maybe Mary wouldn't know the difference? ha ha ha). I do miss London already, it was fantastic to see Ronne. I didn't post on FB or anything this time, just sent messages to my mom. We did a lot of things and most of it different from last trip, yet I could easily go again. I think I will consider Berlin, or a Bike Tour Danube? Scottish Highlands? for next Euro trip. As for now, I'm jonesing for some nice hiking or outdoor adventures somewhere.

Mary, agree, crazy about length of day! I woke up with sun in my eyes before 5 am and it didn't get dark til 930. Too bad you couldn't have had your adventure w/ your hub, but it sounds like you have a marvelous time.

Ronne, what was the exhibition? Good job on England getting so far in the World Cup. I was as work all weekend and missed rest of Wimbledon. Work was super busy in that only 3 of us on for hospital so we were quite spread out and running all over.

Lisa, I thought of you when I saw pigeons gliding in at eye level! That is a huge repair bill! I'm glad your insurance is going to cover it. I hope the rest of the retirement stuff works out and in the meantime, I am sure you guys will enjoy your time together and have some good adventures.

Tracy, your new yard is going to be impressive! It sounds really nice and the work will be worth it. The 9th has come and gone, I hope the interview went well? Again, they will be lucky to have you in whatever capacity. I know you are enjoying and loving your new baby, but there is a lot of accommodation to be made when adding a new family member (I wouldn't be up for it). Biohacking is kind of like better living through chemistry and lifestyle and diet adjustments. I'll let you know how it goes!

Murphy, I hope you are having a good summer!

SNS TBGS done on 12th, work 13 and14th, and today I did SNS BC. Going to see new Jurassic Park w/ the girls tonight. Jilly the elder is away house sitting for the week plus, so I'm back to one house mate, but a different one for awhile.

Hello

Mary - if you head to northern Europe at this time of year it's even lighter. Even Scotland is light till about 10.30/11 now.

Jody - it was America's Cool Modernism at the Ashmolean. Painters from the 20s/30s responding to the industrialisation of the US. Some good stuff. Sounds like a busy return to work. Well done on getting the workouts in.

Workouts been a bit erratic recently, combination of heat, work and watching sport on TV! Anyway, Wimbledon and the World Cup are now finished. So back to normalish. Got some yoga done yesterday and today was just BBC premix from LIC TBT. Still no rain in sight...

Ah, everyone is back! Sounds like a good time for you guys! Yesterday we had a cool day, it was nice but windy with the cold front moving in so no cycling, but today dh and I went, found a new route since it started out cool, but oh so humid! Insurance covered my sisters roof and my sons should get covered because it’s in really bad shape from the hail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! Today did an Yvette workout, yesterday did a step workout.

Lisa, I would love a cool day, the humidity is what gets me, just to feel a cool breeze would be amazing! Cute pictures of you 3 all making out! Lol!

Jody, I would love to go back to Europe! The only thing I don’t miss is the toilet seats or lack there of!

Ronne, someday I am coming your way! Now that I have my passport I can go anywhere!

Tracey, any news on the job??

Murphy, having fun with the kids?

Going to the pool today, go sit in the water! Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - enjoy the pool! We've been lucky in that it hasn't been too humid here till now but it has got a bit more so this week. The afternoons are wiped out for me for work. I just don't have the energy! Oh, and we do have toilet seats in the UK!

Lisa - enjoy the cool weather.

Did GG today and RWH LIHiit 2 yesterday. I think my butt might be talking to me tomorrow!

Hi everyone!
Ronne, nice exhibit, I took a quick look online. ee cummings was also a painter? I forgot or never knew that. Nice to have that museum so close, as well. I don't think I've ever done GG.
Lisa, congrats on insurance coverage. That wind when you are riding can be tough. (see my note on my workout today)
Mary, my cousin might set us up to go paddle boarding in Portage Lakes next month, something outside and fitnessy. I can't believe I will do my first paddle board in OH when there is so much opportunity to go here.

I've had, but skipped, workout opportunities the past few days. Today I took my bike / dropped off my car/ rode home about 5 miles. Easy ride... though, my fit bit picked up on the bike ride but my heart rate only dipped into active/ cardio for about 10 minutes (the part where I was riding into the wind!)
waves and my best to all

Oh Mary, the humidity here today was awful! We did ride and even dh was dripping sweat (I always drip). We’ve been cycling about 90 miles a week now that he’s retired. The weather man said the humidity here was like mid west humidity, you guys can keep it! Lol about the pic, it was dh idea!

Jody, can’t believe you haven’t been paddle boarding! Too funny about your heart rate, next you need some hills! Our flat rides are considered hilly by my sis in fl!

Ronne, I’ve been wiped out the last 2 days, today I think it was the humidity!

So it’s a rest day for me tomorrow, I have a few girlfriends coming over. Poor dh will probably be hiding out in his office until the food comes out! Then Thursday is a planned ride with my neighbor (both couples) but I’ve been told I need to make it a reasonable ride! Ok, I admit sometimes I get out there and just enjoy riding along and tend to take diversions that weren’t planned! Oh, and one trail is now closed because of coyote activity. Silly coyote, he can’t read because we saw him on the next trail over!

Hello all

Jody - sounds like a nice trip you've got planned.

Lisa - enjoy your rest day. I can't deal with humidity.

Been keeping up with the workouts despite the heat. We had our first rain for 6 weeks on Friday but that's been it. Temps back up again, so warm at night it's hard to sleep.
Did RWH Hiit Circuit Legs today as I was feeling a bit more energetic. FS Pull Day yesterday. I'm racking up the workouts as we're going on holiday next week.

Ronne, I can’t stand humidity either, hence why I couldn’t wait to move out of Florida. Jody can tell you what a puddle I was at the Daytona beach road trip! Isn’t it normally humid and rainy where you are? I’ve had to turn my air conditioning lower this year, of course dh is overjoyed by that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.