Who Cares? November : )

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
OK, I will start us off for a change since it is already the 5th! I did a 30 min Tabata and bodyweight workout yesterday, not sure about today.
Murphy I hope you are feeling better asap! I'm still fighting a cold sinus thing that started prior to London trip at the beginning of Oct. Sheesh.
Waves to all, I hope your November weather is conducive to staying fit and active wherever you are located.
PS I'm headed to Daytona to visit my dad this week and maybe pop over to Gainesville to see my Gator kid whose BD is today. She's 22, how does that happen??

Hello! I’ve been missing! I just don’t know where the time went? I have been working out, working, getting my roots done, and we had a wedding this weekend.

Jody, I believe I have found your long lost twin at work this week. I had to do a double take. She was a PT instead of a RT. Enjoy your travels!

Murphy, hope you a feeling brand new!

How is everyone else? Everyone else is missing too!

See you tomorrow?? Mary

Ha ha, Mary, that is funny! I work with a girl who recently lost her husband (he was 15 plus yrs her senior). Anyway, we get mistaken for each other all the time including people offering me their condolences after his death : O
I came back to add my workout- a 30 min tabata all cardio thing. Which reminded me about my tracker and wanted to tell Ronne that mine works better when its higher up my arm during a vigorous workout and I wear a wrist sweat band or two to keep it in place.. I do think my peak HR has dropped quite a bit - post meno? IDK why.
Waves again!

I’ve been not posting just because not much new here. It’s a bit too cold to cycle (dh and I cycled 2 days last week and I just didn’t enjoy cold toes, then sweating under jacket but knowing I better not take it off else too chilled). Decided it has to be at least 45, preferably 50before heading out, then there’s always the wind you have to factor in. In fact sat was nice but too windy at 40 mph winds. Funny winds is what warms us up as the chinooks come down the mountains. So yesterday I set up my spinning peloton workouts and did one, will probably do one latter today, tomorrow is meeting with financial planner and then dentist so that willl be my rest day.

Jody, I was thinking in the new year we should just have the same thread for the entire year. Loved you’re not getting upset at not following along and flopping around until cathe caught up with you. I’d be the same if I did step, I’m a bit nervous to try it because I don’t want to end up like Mary . I almost didn’t make it up my DS steps at his house, my left ankle just didn’t want to keep me straight, they thought I was drunk (had one beer). Oh as far as getting stuck somewhere on bike, we have aaa that will pick up cyclists here, or there’s always Uber!

Snow tomorrow, it’s been so grey I just want to snuggle suki in bed and read. Waiting for a library book I want to become available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Thanks for getting us started Jody. Happy belated birthday to DD. Sorry to hear you're still ill. DH has had a sore throat for weeks now that just won't clear up. Thanks for the tracker suggestion. I also realised I hadn't adjusted the setting so the max HR was still 220. I was never going to get anywhere near that!

Mary - I know what you mean about time. I've got a list of things to do that just keeps on growing.

Lisa - we're having some nice, crisp, cold autumn weather here. I'm sure you could cycle in this!

Been keeping up with the yoga and on short days I add a bit of cardio to warm me up. Clocks went back the weekend before and I'm still adjusting!

Lisa I'd be ok w/ an annual thread or we can start off with a quarterly or something? I think step would be bad for your neck! I think it isn't great for mine really. I think the bouncing off the floor is compressive. It feels that way anyway what do you think about that for you?
Do you think you'll get your pilates thing going ocver winter? I cant remember if you still have it or tried to resell it. Also you sound like a pretty cheap drunk:D ha ha just kidding. Good luck w/ financial guy, etc. AAA will work here too but not if I'm off in the woods in an off road situation? Speaking of reading I am re reading Forever Amber and keeping my London love alive! I've got my rental car and am heading out soon. I might do a little hiking w/ my dad in G'ville! But no workout today. bye again for now!

Hi girls! Today did a Cathe live. I have to admit I’m a little hesitant to do step again, maybe something simple? Well, I have time to ponder that, still sore, still swells up, especially after work.

Jody, have fun!!!

Ronne, our time just changed this weekend. Last night I could have gone to bed at 6, held off until 9!

Lisa, haha! Your kids are funny! I don’t think one beer would do it. Maybe if it was a Christmas ale??

Hello to everyone else! Talk to you all on Wednesday! Mary

HI all. Started STS. I am hoping the extra hour in the morning will help me with the hour long workouts. I had been doing 30 to 40 minutes workouts. Let's see how long I keep getting up early (the old time). I am feeling a ton better. Waves to all.

Murphy

Hello

Jody - Enjoy your trip!

Mary - Are you moving around OK now? Can you do cardio again?

Murphy - good luck with STS!

A very short yoga today so added in Step Tabata from TTM just to warm me up. Work a little less frantic today which is a relief. It's been full on since we got back off holiday.

Hello! Today did a YouTube workout.

Ronne, it is better, just sore by days end. Do you have anymore trips planned? You always go the best places!

Murphy, good for you doing STS. However last time you inspired me it didn’t have a happy ending! Lol!

I saw Jody with pictures of her dad hiking, looked beautiful. Lisa is getting snow! And I think it’s headed this way! Hello to everyone else, Mary

Jody, true, you need to be near a road for pick up. So nice to see the pic of you and your dad! I do still have my Pilate reformer, I jump on to stretch on it the most, it doesn’t engage me enough to do a whole workout
Mary, it will probably be tender for awhile, you know that dreaded age makes healing slower.
Ronne, less frantic is good. Yesterday was hectic for me, driving into financial planner, sitting there discussing for 2hrs, hectic drive in the snow then off to the dentist. My neck and shoulders are killing me from the stress. I must tense up a lot.
I woke up to pain, did a 30min spin, still just overcome with the muscle pain from being tense. So I finally did it, good thing I live in Colorado so that Cannabis is legal! Went to dispensary in pain, they were very helpful. Got a tincture of mostly cbd which is for the pain, and very little thc , and it helped!

Hello! Today mowed the lawn for my workout, hopefully for the last time this year!

Lisa, good for you! I️ have read about how great it is for pain relief! I️ hope it works for you.

This dang issue with Apple and the letter ! I️ hope everyone is good, have to get dinner going, Mary

Hi all

Mary - I mowed for the last time a few weeks ago. Raking up leaves every week now! No, no trips planned for now. Next year won't be a big one.

Lisa - good for you!

Keeping up with the yoga and managed my 10,000 steps today for the first time this week. Yoga doesn't register at all! Met DD in town at the end of the day and hit the new shopping centre that's just opened, nothing for me of course, but stuff for her!

Lisa I would love to get some of that for my mom for both sleep and pain. It is legal here but not really accessible as yet, I have a friend who will try to help me. There was some choco candy form she tried and you can only have a tiny bit and then have to wait for an hour for the effects (so don't gobble). I'm not sure how my mom would do with needing to be cognizant of nuances of weed, lol! How was planner? Can hubs ever retire? Are you planning a cross country bike trip?

Mary, I did not understand Apple and letter. Wha?? I did have fun hiking even though my dad is a curmudgeon and a grumble puss at times. He is so sarcastic and crabby I end up LMAO.

Murphy, glad you are feeling a ton better! Hats off to you and plan of STS.

Ronne, I am coming back to London, for reals. Dec 4-8. I want to do Natl Gallery and walk the parks, etc. LMK if you can meet again and if you want to do something! I'm swearing to myself to be all chill and ready to go the week prior. It might seem crazy, but I did the same thing when I went to Georgia to hike, I went back on my own later on and ended up hiking alone in deserted woods. Nevertheless, I am excited! Also, doesn't that annoy you when your tracker doesn't care about your yoga??

No workouts to report and I'm on the next 3 days so I will get some steps in at least. Today was very harrowing for me, my blood pressure was 150+ while I was trying to decide to pull the trigger on London 2.0. I hope Tracy and Roxie find us!

PS Ronne, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland? Ice Bar? Ice skating? ( I hate ice skating, jk about that).

Hi ladies! Yesterday the sun finally came out! So DH and neighbor and her now retired DH (he's only 57!) all went for a ride. It was so nice getting outside. It was quite an aggressive ride, 28 miles and 1300 ft gain in hills. The prev 2 days I did 30 min of spin....I like spinning but it's no substitute for getting outside. So I've been playing around with my new medication :) Finally today I'm feeling much better with no stiff/sore neck to top of shoulder muscles. Who'd have thought stress and tension would do that?!?!?! I'm a slow learner with this new neck and how to deal with it. Funny, sometimes when I lay on my special pillow at night I would feel like the pillowcase was cutting into my neck and think why can't I get comfortable. Turns out that's my stiff neck and nothing to do with the pillow. Each night it's eased up, normally I wake up at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep because of the nagging pillowcase feeling like it's bunched under my neck, finally last night I'm back to normal.

Jody, I can't believe you're heading back to London! All by yourself? I didn't go with edibles, I didn't want the 'wait and see', it's been nothing like some of the stories I've heard, I went with a tincture (turtle tinctures, look them up). Then I decided on the vape pen, not sure how I feel about the vape. I do like the tinctures and then I found how to make them, which then got me telling DH that his new retirement hobby can be growing plants (we can grow 12 I think), and making tinctures as they are soooooo expensive. This one was $90 for 36 dropperfulls which amounts to 36 days for me (I take 2 half dropperful a day). That tincture has more CBD than THC. Then the oil for the vape we got where it has mostly THC and hardly any CBD. That seems to work well for sleeping. I haven't been sleeping as well since I haven't ridden my long rides outside. They both seem to relax the muscles a bit and me, but no real "high". So mostly CBD is for pain and I think mostly THC is for sleep The oil for the vape was $30 and I'm not sure how long it will last, hoping a month. DH might have to keep working to support this! hahahaha Not sure how much cheaper it'd be with a medical license but when I asked the NP at my dr office last year all she did was say try it, no offer to give me a license, maybe because it's very accessible here? There's a rails to trails in Missouri we've been eyeing (plus I have a friend that lives there). Plus we've been thinking of going back to SD, we love it there, maybe find an AirBNB or a vacation home to rent. I'm definitely not the world traveler you are!

Mary, took me a while to understand the Apple letter issue. For Jody info: I was autocorrecting to A? Now i understand more of the FB posts I read on different groups.

Ronne, it's hard when something doesn't show how hard you worked! My watch shows intensity minutes...they say 150 a week for good cardio. Anyway.....I got the same amount of credit for my 30 min spin as the same 3 hr bike ride yesterday (remember neighbor is slow....her DH said "is she always this slow?") I feel bad for her I keep encouraging her and showing her how she is progressing, that's the good thing about strava (app for runners/walkers/cyclists), basically there are segments and you can see how you improve in time over time.

Gotta run, going to be a nice day but darn if we don't have to go into Boulder for our hair cuts. Not sure I'll get any real movement into my day.

Hello! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Today did TB. Legs are shaking still.

Lisa, so glad you found something to help you! Looks like you had fun with your neighbors. We talk to ours, everyone is in such different places in their lives, they are nice and everyone helps if they need it.

Jody, you must have loved London!! After the new year I’m going to start researching Italy , there is so much I️ want to see in Europe! Ronne being one!

Ronne, youngest DS and I️ went out shopping yesterday, he scored a load of things! He twisted me good! We had fun just walking and talking, so it was a good investment on my part.

Hello to Murphy, Roxie and Tracey!

I’m getting so psyched! The kids come home next week, I️ can hardly stand it! Have to get moving. Meeting DH for lunch. Have a good day, see you Wednesday. DD has a game tomorrow night and I️ have to work during the day. Mary

Hi everyone

Mary - yes, I did enjoy just hanging out with DD even if it cost me! It's so sweet how excited you get about seeing the kids! Hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Lisa - I just love the idea of you and DH becoming cannabis farmers in retirement! What a hoot! I take all the readings with a pinch of salt, it's useful but I'm not going to live my life by it. I like the sleep info but I'm taking it off at weekends cos it buzzes me if I sleep in! I know I'm not getting my 150 mins at the moment because of the yoga but that's just for this month and we're always being told to shake things up! I'm not really concerned about my fitness levels anymore, I know I'm a lot fitter than 80% of the population.

Jody - wow, that's great news! I can't believe you're coming back already. It would be lovely to meet up again. Let's discuss off-board. I'll email you!

Been sensible today and had a day off. I'm loving the 30 day challenge but my right hamstring is hurting and although part of me is going 'keep on pushing', I'm listening to the other part of me that's saying 'don't get seriously injured'! I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow before picking it up again.
We went to see Paddington 2 yesterday. Loved it, what a great film. We all came out with big smiles on our faces.

Hi all, beautiful weather today so a ride with neighbors, short ride Saturday and another ride Sunday (drove to a different bike path to shake things up).

Mary, isn’t it nice to be able to spend one on one time with the youngest?!

Ronne, lol on our retirement hobby. Maybe we’ll make some coconut oil infused to add wherever we need to. Or some honey tincture. My ride today was not intense and I only got 17 intensity min for 4 hrs of my time! But oh the mind boost is worth just cruising along in the sunshine! I’d say you’re more fit than 90%. Good on you for listening to your sensible side. What tracker do you have again? I don’t think mine counts sleep as well as the Fitbit did, Fun to see numbers but take some with a grain of salt. I mostly look at RHR to show if I’m over training and active calories to see if I need to kick it up if the active calories don’t average to 500 in a 7 day period.

Hello

Lisa - I don't know what the make of it is actually. Very Fit? It's only a basic thing. It measures deep and light sleep which I find quite interesting. Also, I seem to have a pretty low HR a lot of the time, in the mid-50s. Does your RHR go up if you're overtraining?

Tried 20 mins of yoga today. The pain is still there so I'm going to leave the 30-day programme and go back to doing other stuff. I think maybe a week of yoga at a time is probably enough. Might try and get some cardio in tomorrow.

A quick 15 mile ride with DH, it was invigorating, just the right weather. Ronne, when I see my rhr go into the 60s , especially for an entire week I know I need rest. I find 55-57 to be my rhr. So yoga you have the pain and not when doing cardio? Seems hamstring is your injury prone spot?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.