Who Cares? March Madness

Hi all

Lisa - yeah, you might be right. I've not had a massage for ages. It would be nice.

Jody - you sound very busy - pat yourself on the back for getting the workouts in as well!

Mary - how's your injury now? Are you back to weights yet?

Roxie - well said about Lisa!

The shoulder stretch session I did yesterday really helped. My neck is gradually getting better. I did a more standard vinyasa 30 min yoga session today and that was fine. I'm thinking I might try some cardio tomorrow. Not much else to report. Quiet is good, I think!

Hello! Today did my first upper body workout since January, had to go a bit lighter, shoulders were burning! Ronne, glad you are starting to feel better. How is everyone else? Quick question, has anyone ever done Airbnb? DD and I are heading to Boston next weekend, hotel rooms were about $400 a night!! I looked in to the Airbnb, it was $150 for the whole weekend, right in Harvard square. I'm a little nervous about staying with people we don't know, but to save $650.... Anyway, hope everyone is doing well! Mary

Ronne and Roxie, you make me blush! Ronne and Mary, I did 10 min peloton arm workout yesterday with 3 lb weights, today my left neck/shoulder muscle is feeling it. Mary, never have done airbnb but I've seen FB friends, plus dh company now has discounts with airbnb. Today's workout, 30 min of spinning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good Afternoon,

I did StudioSweat Spin 9/15/2016 with Mere W 9.5 miles 387 cals burned tough workout. I got sent home early because business was slow due to spring break.

Lisa I had my hormones adjusted again I was gaining weight on the Troche so back to cream and my progesterone I take at night was increased I am not sleeping well again.

Hi everyone

Lisa - watch it with neck, woman!

Mary - we did Airbnb when we were in California. They weren't houseshares but everything went really well, the people were really helpful and friendly. We also did it when we went to Lanzarote last year and it was all very smooth. I'm going to Brighton in May just for one night and I've booked an Airbnb for that as well, that's a room in someone's house which I've never done before. You can get people's whole homes/flats as well often quite cheaply.

Did an advanced yoga session today and it felt good. Hoping to go back to normal next week. We've got friends coming over for dinner tomorrow night, so I'm doing some cleaning while work is quiet.
Mother's Day on Sunday here (and the clocks go back). I'm being taken out to lunch.

HI girls! Today did afterburner, didn't seem too bad. Ronne, enjoy your day! We are staying in someone's room, a woman's house, hopefully we come back! Lol! Lisa, be careful, you have come so far! Roxie, I love surprise days off! Hello to Jody and Murphy! We get to pick up DD this evening! She'll be home for the next week! So excited! Good weekend to all! Mary

Hi everyone! My neck is better, hind sight, yea, there were some moves that's difficult for me so I should have stopped. If I hadn't stopped, ya'lls words would have made me see the light! So today, back to Cather, CUB (I like that one), and 45 min of spinning. Ronne, enjoy your MD lunch! Mary, enjoy the mess again :) Roxie, I've given up on any hormone supplementation. The thing that helps me sleep the most? I VERY long bike ride outside....I was exhausted Wed night from the long 3 hr ride even though it wasn't a heart thumping ride at all.

I'm off 3 days now then on 5 in a row. Hopefully I'll get in 2 to 3 workouts before the work stretch.
Mary, how did AirBnB turn out? I wouldn't hesitate to use them. I almost booked one recently for NYC but those plans fell through. BTW, I use Uber and Lyft frequently. I also appreciate their services.
Ronne, Happy Mother's day. You are quite the yogini!
Roxie and Lisa, I read a thread on VF recently about sleeping, blood sugar, menopause and thyroid issues and root causes of sleep disruption. Lisa, hard to fit a 3 hour bike ride in every day in order to sleep well at night, huh? lol
2nd edit to add my w/o yesterday- PHT a timesaver pm. Excellent. I love this series.

Last edited:
Hi all

Jody - enjoy your time off. I haven't tried a timesaver premix yet. Sounds good.

Lisa - that is a pretty extreme way to get to sleep!

Mary - enjoy your time with DD.

Enjoyed the weekend. The weather was beautiful. Didn't do any workouts. We actually went out for dinner in the end yesterday, a great Asian fusion place. Had a delicious spicy tofu dish.
Tried out some cardio today, just 4DS LIS plus the abs. Cardio felt fine but I don't think the abs were great for my neck. I think I might need some massage therapy.

Hi all, Saturday I tried a little 3 mile hike to see how my ankle held out, it did good, I'm being careful not to over do it! Sunday I did 60 min of spinning, then today a 20 mile ride outside with DH with my new bike. I love this new little bike!

Lol about my extreme way to sleep, it's all about exhausting yourself, something I bet Jody does with her work schedule! Ronne, I don not do any traditional ab exercises anymore, if I have to lift my head, forget it. Be nice to yourself and go get a massage

Oh, got a compliment from another cyclist about my bike handling skills. He was holding a cow gate open for me so I could ride through without stopping my descent. The gate didn't open fully so a bit tricky but I did it and he said ' good job!' Made my day! Or maybe I'm still high on endorphins?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI girls! Today did a Julia workout, yesterday was a Cathe live. We went to the zoo today, perfect, weather was just right and not too crowded. Lisa, which do you like better, spinning or biking? Does the wind make it hard? Jody, get some sleep before 5 in a row, are those 12 hour shifts? That's rough. Ronne, I don't think I've ever tried tofu. Get the massage! Roxie, any more luck on houses? Hi Murphy! Have to work the next 3 days, tomorrow evening we are going to see Beauty and Beast. Probably won't be back until next Monday, we leave for Boston before the birds wake up Friday. Good week to all, Mary

Good Evening,

I did StudioSweat Buns and Guns this morning. I have been fighting a headache a all day it's been rainy so I think that is causing it plus stress.

Mary-no on the house front everything is so expensive.

Lisa-you would think being on my feet all day an constantly moving would make me tired but it doesn't

Hi ladies

Roxie - hope you feel better.

Mary - enjoy your trip to Boston. Sounds like fun!

Lisa - glad to see you're being sensible with the walking. I've booked an appointment with an osteopath for Monday. I don't want to get stuck with a debilitating injury so I'm doing something about it rather than just hoping it will get better.

Work has gone a bit quiet so I'm doing stuff like sorting out insurance and gas/elec suppliers while I've got time!
Oh and also did KCM TLC Conditioning today. Felt good.

XT Bi/tri and 45 min of easy (zone 2) spinning. Tried to do some yoga for cyclists, it just isn't happening. Ronne, you are always so sensible....I'm a work in progress with being sensible :) Roxie, I don't always sleep good, case in point, last night, ugh! Mary, enjoy the kiddos!

Hello

Lisa - honestly, I'm learning from you. I want to have a relatively healthy old age and sorting stuff out like this when possible I think as a kind of insurance. After all your trials and tribulations with your neck I'm not taking any chances!

Yoga today. Quite a slow one focusing on foundations so challenging in a different way. Going to the cinema tonight with friend, we're going to see Get Out. Really looking forward to it!

XT ch/back/sh then 45 min spinning. Ronne, those little aches from youth are more when older. Glad you're able to learn from me. I'm learning from me too!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello
ICE CLBB done. I really like that one. Feels like just the right amount of work. Beautiful day here. Warmest it's been so far this year. Good workout, Lisa.

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I am trying to keep up with the March rotation - with some serious dvd choice modifications (mostly b/c of time). Feeling good. Waves to all!

Murphy

Hi ladies, nice day today (before rain/snow next 2 days), so DH and I did a 20 mile bike ride, we had fun, it's nice cycling outside when everyone else is at work!. DS is driving back to Colorado right now to spend the night in his new home (minus furniture...waiting on movers).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.