Who cares? July

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi all

Here we are halfway through the year already! I may not remember much of what was posted so apologies if I miss you out!

Tracy - the wine tasting sounds good. And well done on the June rotation. Hope you've still got a job!

Mary - U2?!! Lucky DH! Very envious. Did he get to meet them? I've seen them live a couple of times. They were great.

Had a nice weekend, good weather, not too hot. Got a few jobs done, but also spent a lot of time reading. Also got a couple of yoga workouts in. Today I did RHW Plyo Hiit Combined premix.
I may not be around for a couple of days. We're off to Manchester tomorrow to a gig.

Ronne, thanks for starting the July thread! Oy, the year IS half over already, ack! Good going on doing RWH anything! That series is really tough for me. Hope you enjoy your time in Manchester!

I've still got a job, thank you! Budget was signed around 11 p.m. June 30. I'm still on the June rotation in July! But doing it my way. For example, I was supposed to do the 86 min. Total Body Tri-sets premix but did the 48 minute one instead. :D Dad came up and spent the past weekend with us. We ran around a lot and I was pretty beat Monday when I went to work. Hoping for a little more low-key weekend coming up.

Hello to all of you fit babes! Tracy

Hello

Tracy - I also find RWH really tough. I've not got much time to work out this week so thought it would be a good one to use. Yeah, you've absolutely got to make things work for you. There's no way I'd do 86 mins! Hope you get a quieter weekend.

Really enjoyed our trip to Manchester. It was great to be back. The gig was fantastic and it was good to have a bit of a break. Been getting a bit stressed again.
Did another RWH today, timesaver premix of UBC.

Hi all! Here's my rundown. A new Yoga Class ala Groupon with DD on last Sat. Then 9, 9, and 12 K steps at work Sun Mon Tues. Yoga class again on Wed and today was a bike to beach, short swim and obviously bike back (each way about 40 min). I had FTA boot camp cued up but I wanted to go outside a bit and you can see I got carried away as it included an unplanned dip in the ocean. There I was with all my cellulite shimmering in the sunshine, yoga pants and sports bra, splashing around, enjoying life. I'm solid proof you can't out exercise a bad diet! : D. We liked the yoga and it was fun to go w/ dd. Lisa I haven't been able to use Strava as yet. Mary, yay for hubs but I'm in minority in that I don't care for U2! Ronne what was the gig? Tracy good thing about the budget. I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. I haven't stayed in my rotation what with the yoga and biking. I'm going to see Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper tonight w/ work friends. Look at me being all social. Ick!20170706_bikeride.jpg

Hi everyone, DH and I have been riding a lot, in fact today is the first day we haven't. It's been hot and today it was just too hot (99). I got a new cycling computer and it's really motivating for me to see all the stats in front of me while riding. I've been killing all my personal records on the segments in my various routes. DH liked the bike computer so much he's getting one too (there is a $100 rebate right now). Jody, bad diet, you can't out cycle one either, but it sure provided good fuel :) I am having to cut down my BP meds too, reduced to a half dose when I got dizzy getting off the couch and BP read 105/57, still feeling a bit too low, so cutting it down again....it's going to be hard getting that small of a dose. I feel like I turned back teh clock 15 yrs, except for the extra flab :( Tracy, I've come to the conclusion that work is for resting up! Good to hear you still have a job. DH goes out of town next week and it's going to still be hot but it's actually cooler to do an easy bike ride than walk as far as sweating (never a lack of sweat for me, just ask Jody). I just wish we had more shade, we are on top of a big hill with lots of open land because the hill is too darn steep for housing....so it's just scrub brush and now lots of mosquitos along the ditch, a horsefly took a couple of big chomps out of my left elbow. Ronne, the daily grind stresses me.... I just hate cleaning and doing anything on the computer....I'm thinking all the years I cleaned and worked on the computer makes me stress out when I have to do something. Where did Mary go? I forget, I just hope it's not Vegas, talk about hot! The heat is really taking it's toll on me right now, makes me want to do absolutely nothing! Jody, what's up with your strava? User error or something else?

Hello

Jody - love the pic, v jealous! How lovely just to be able to go for a dip when you feel like that! It was Radiohead. I last saw them when I was pregnant!

Lisa - Mary is away but I've forgotten where. It's got hot again here, it's very hard to work in it.

Did a premix of ICE TTM, missing out the stab ball section. Pretty warm so I didn't want to get any hotter. Going out with friend for drinks tonight then pretty quiet weekend. Got to get suncream, insect repellent and last bits and pieces.

FTA bootcamp TS done. I like the bodyweight aspect for back that you can do w/ the tower plus using a little balance cheat by holding on lets me go a little harder on legs. The concert was fun and I had a nice time w/ work friends although a little too much bitching and talking about co workers endless faults, ha. Off to have tea w/ dancer buds (and by tea I mean whiskey in tea cups according to facebook, lol) and hopefully new Spiderman movie w/ dd Jilly tonight. Daytona Sat and Sun to see various dads mine and hers. I should get some weights in before we leave.

Lisa I am not sure about Strava, obviously I think I'm tracking and then at the end of the workout no tracking. Very hot and bright and annoying to try to troubleshoot mid workout. I wondered if I need to be premium or have I phone for it to work better for me. IDK. I really dislike horseflies.
Ronne, I'm a bad Floridian in that I hardly ever go to beach but yesterday I was like WTH is wrong w/ me for not coming here all the time?? Now that I've downgraded my expectation of DVDs or Cathe workouts to about 2 a week, maybe I'll let myself do more such adventures. Speaking of which, you guys are gonna have so much fun in Costa Rica! Woo hoo
More waves to Mary, Tracy, Roxie and Murphy

I took suki out on my old regular bike. I feel quite accomplished! 24 miles and able to take her up some moderate hills and on top of that what I'd normally be in first gear on I was only in third. Kinda proud of myself. The ride turned out longer because a coyote crossed the trail right to where I was going to turn . Well I certainly wasn't going to follow him! So took a longer way home and I was beat !

Jody, strava: once you select 'record activity' you have to select the orange record button, then you'll see a timer indicating it's recording. I think adventures break up monotony of workouts? Nice to see a pic of you ! Ronne, I was drenched after I got home. I have to be back by 10am or the heat is unbearable. Even in our dry air I was dripping with sweat. We reached 100 yesterday (I'll let you figure out the conversion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there

Jody - sounds like a fun, busy time. You seem very happy with your tower purchase, what is it that's so good about it? I don't mind a bit of a bitch sometimes but when it goes on too long it just becomes depressing.

Lisa - that is hot! It's early morning workouts or nothing in that heat. Sounds like we're all having a bit of a heatwave. It's settled here now to mid-20s which is perfect really. We are having a much better summer than usual. I expect to see the sun everyday now!

Weekend was pretty quiet which was just what I needed. Got a lot of cleaning done yesterday and did the shopping, etc. Enjoyed a very nice bottle of wine on Friday night with BF and had a good chat.
Thought I'd get two solid workouts in before I go, so yesterday was S&S TBGS and today was a Cardio Slam premix. I'm going to do some yoga tomorrow to stretch myself out before a long flight.

Ronne, yep early morning and back by 10am each day. Dh and I rode this weekend, we got our average speed up to 12 mph! Today was with neighbor who is back. She said she gained 5 lbs. it's also been so dry here and the 'gravel' trails are dry and fluffy sand like. Well I took a fall in it Sunday and was ready to get wider wheels or new bike. But in looking on Saturday I just really still like my bike and the only gripe is the slip and hopefully soon we'll get some moisture to pack down the trails. Wow, can't believe it's time for your trip, yoga sounds perfect. I have some sore like do a in my triceps, can't imaging what from...

My knee is jacked up : ( I am not sure if it is from bike or lower body work w/ band or yoga but prob not the yoga. Biking always seems to aggravate what is my baseline of wonkiness creaky popping knees but this time it hasn't worked itself out yet. I did arnica and will try not to abuse it for a few days. Workouts were 30 min of wts on last Sat and today I did FTA TB UB premix. I have had turbo tower for a long time, just the workouts are new and I do like them pretty well. I've done the BC and TB. The leg one looks like a lot of barre stuff. I may not unwrap that one.

Ronne, my friend went to Costa Rica in June and told me she loved it but I haven't had a chance for a real chin wag w/ her as yet. I hope you also have an awesome time. I have to admit I don't know much about that band but I liked what I listened to just now on youtube. They probably came out post baby for me and so I was all into Raffi or other kid music for a decade or so! SAFE TRAVELS!! I look forward to "seeing" you when you all get back.

Lisa, oh my another spill? Take care of yourself! BTW, how are your son and dil doing in new house? Are they all settled in and still loving it?

Tracy, I'm still sticking to my workout plan, too. I've dialed my DVD workouts down to 2 or 3 a week for now. And I wouldn't be up for an 86 minute TBT pm either, unless it was broken up over 3 days!

Mary, where are you? I have to go back to June to remember. It's not Las Vegas time is it? Or lake w/ the inlaws? I guess w/ the older kids gone that might not be a thing as much?

Murphy and Roxie, I hope you are both doing OK. Waves to all~~

Took suki for a 18 mile ride, sun was behind clouds but the humidity! Jody, my knees bothered me a little when I increase the resistance on my spin bike. If you pedal in a hard gear your ligaments might not be used to it yet. Lighten up the gear, spin pedals at 80 cadence. Your seat could be too low. I also had to foam roll my IT band (that was a big help as I could barely put pressure on the IT band). Yes, DS is all settled in and so happy to be back in CO.

Hi everyone! I'm back! Looks like everyone is on their bike!

Jody, how is your knee? Feeling any better?

Lisa, how are you doing? Feeling better? All these aches and pains. Did we have these a decade ago?

Ronne, have fun on your vacation! So jealous!

Tracey, so glad the budget passed! Job security! Always gives peace of mind, so important!

Hi to Murphy and Roxie!

I did keep up with workouts. We did the lake the first part of last week, then we went to D.C. TONS of walking, averaged 10 miles each day. Did some museums, Arlington National Cemetery, and Georgetown. I wish DH could have come with us. Was nice to hang out with the kids. Next week DD and I are going to Chicago, seem so much busier now than when the kids were younger. I'm very grateful they like hanging with us tho!

Not much else, just working trying to make more money for all these travels! Good evening to all! Mary

Good Evening,

I have an interview at another pharmacy tomorrow hoping I get the job. I have only been walking until this week it's just to damn hot so doing 21 Day Fix.

Jody- my 37 year old cousin was found dead in her bed yesterday morning from unknown causes most think it was either her boyfriend or a gang but she lives in your state so if you have heard anything about a Katie Welch please let me know.

Roxie that is terrible about your cousin! Where did she live? I'm sorry for your family's loss. An unexpected death of a young person, especially if you think foul play is involved would be very tough; hugs and prayers to all. Also, good luck on job interview. It didn't sound like the other one was a good fit. Good idea on 21DF.

Lisa, I will move my seat up a bit next time I ride and go to a little easier gear as well. I think knee injury was b/c of biking followed by lower body heavy weights including some curtsy squats. My knee feels less painful but is swollen and has limited range of motion. I'll give it a few more days of rest.

Mary, your trip sounds like a lot of fun! I want to do a long weekend in DC w/ dd as well. Was it very warm with all the walking? Crowds were OK? Have fun in Chicago, too! I'm working on London trip w/ my dd. I have to make lodging and some touring choices. I want to take a train up to Edinburgh but it might not be practical to do that as well as tour the the city. Its a 4 hour fast train ride but our trip is only 5 days. Our kid's summer is half over, Carly will be leaving Swaziland in a few weeks.

Hi Tracy and Murphy. Ronne are you officially off on hols now?

ETA I did a little workout today- garden trimming lead to rebounding outside in the sunshine and some upper body work.

Last edited:
Hi girls! Today did a Julia workout.

Roxie, prayers to you and your family.

Jody, how exciting! London!! I bet you are so excited to have DD back in your sight! D.C. Was warm, I glowed a lot, crowds were mainly in the museums. Lunch was very expensive, only option was a McDonald's, pizza, chicken place, $34 for chicken nuggets for 3. A lot more than here in Ohio! I love old buildings, so I think I enjoyed that more than the exhibits. Such a beautiful city.

Lisa, are you biking?

Hello to everyone else! Finally done with work until Monday. Had to be nice and patient for 4 days, in a row!! Mary

Hi all, yep same old thing here. I did take a full rest day yesterday which was good because I had a awful headache all day! So Wednesday it was nice and cool! Got up the hill behind me in my fastest time. Today neighbor and I went 31 miles, 1500 ft and set records up the big hill in Boulder, was hot by the time we were done and now I'm wiped out! Jody, sounds like your ligaments may not be used to all that. Mary, trip sounds fun but expensive! Lol about being good, do patients test your patience? Roxie, good luck on job. Ronne, you're probably gone, hope you are having an awesome time!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi all~ I went kayaking today at Riverbend/ Loxahatchee River for about 2 hours. Jilly the eldest went with and it was fun. I did get hit by a few horse flies- DISLIKE! Other than that it was fun. Lisa that sounds like a great ride, wtg! Mary, I have a meter in my head when I'm at work. It has to do with how often and early I'm using (at least thinking) F bombs. I'm working in the morning, here's to hoping for a low reading on my meter tomorrow. : )

Hi girls! Today did a Julia workout, yesterday was a Cathe live. Jody, horse flies? I don't think I've ever seen one and just by its name don't think I want to! I need to get a meter! One for the patients, one for my students and another for other workers! I sound absolutely awful! Lol! Lisa, what are you up to? Roxie, did you get the job? Murphy, you having fun with the kids? Tracey, are you on vacation with Ronne? Anyway, I will see you all next week, off to Chicago tomorrow. We are going to see The Bean, Michigan Avenue, some sailing. I've never been there, m kind of excited! Good week to all! Mary

Hi all, of course I've been riding. Trying to ride a lot of hills for elevation for a challenge I'm in. It was going good until headache hit on a hill on Sunday, stayed with me all into Monday but still git a good ride in Monday and head was OK, that is until I pushed at the end for a record and boom! My BP had been ok even with lowering meds, but then Monday night was up. So I'm guessing I need more meds than I was taking (so half dose instead of quarter). Thing is, I get light headed after a good ride, but guess I'd prefer that to a headache. Today was a total rest day. Jody, horse flies bites hurt! One chomped on my elbow! Mary, enjoy Chicago, I've never been.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.