Who Cares? It's September.

Hi everyone

Jody - keeping my fingers crossed that you and family are all OK.

Tracy - DM is Drill Max. It doesn't come out very often for me! Although I do like bits of it I find doing the whole thing a bit hard going. I have to confess I didn't actually get DOMS, I was expecting them. Bikes get stolen all the time in Oxford (we have a lot of bikes!). Yes, we got DD sorted out on Saturday so she was ready for school today. You've been packing the workouts in, very impressive! I have no idea what our mattress is. I buy and forget about it! Probably wouldn't be of much use to you anyway!

Lisa - the bike was locked up. They just break the locks!

Got lots of housework done this weekend and a bit of yoga. No workout today as not had time. DD and I going out tonight for our wedding anniversary to the cinema. 18 years ago we were in the BVI, so sad, looking at how Tortola has been completely flattened. Just terrible.

Hi all. Sorry to have missed so much posting. I think I will have to do like Tracey and take notes. I started the Setptember rotation and decided to do my own thing and alternate UB with LB and a cardio day in between. It has been working so far. The kids have finally adjusted to the new school year - both in new schools. Hey, we did one of those escape rooms. It was a lot of fun and more challenging than we expected. We didn't escape, but it was fun.

I do hope everyone and their loved ones are safe from the hurricanes, tornados and other storms. Prayers and hugs out to all.

Murphy

Hello! Today did ICE BC. Long day today.

Jody, I hope you are doing ok, thinking of you. ❤️

Hello to everyone else! Will have more time tomorrow. Mary

Hi everyone. Did RWH LB. I hope everyone is doing well, especially those dealing with the storms. Waves to all.

Murphy

Hello

Murphy - the escape room sounds fun. I'd like to try something like that.

LIHI CST. It was tough, I did the abs instead of finishers premix and couldn't do the last abs section (planks) because my arms wouldn't hold me up!

Nothing too new here, just cycling with dh so you know I'm tired! We're seeing his HR lower than mine on rides now that he's riding quite a bit. The garmin gives you recovery time based on hr . His used to be 3 days and now he's less than mine by a couple hours. Most of my rides with dh suggest 18-20 recovery hrs. Neighbor I only have on average 12 recovery hrs!

Ronne, that's why I'm worried to lock my expensive bikes up. Locks that are better are so big and heavy and I'm not hauling that around! I know that arms won't hold you up feeling!

Tracy, shoot, I forgot, ill circle back to you!

Jody posted on fb she is doing good after Irma.

Mary, no idea what to respond to you either! The memory is the first to gone and mine is gone.

Murphy, escape room sounds interesting. And I can only reply because your post is still on the page.

Now let me page back and read Tracy post again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whew, good thing I posted before paging back because I hit the wrong back button and would have lost my post! Tracy, as long as there's no snow, we cycle. Good thing our snow doesn't stick around long. Beds: I bought a memory foam type of mattress, my one gripe, it's hot! Doesn't help now that I figured out that laying with heating pad on my neck while I sleep really helps keep my neck muscles relaxed from all the work they do all day. I used to sleep on my side, not anymore because of left shoulder damage after my neck gave out. I just tried a new setup, nope, must be on my back. Oh, sleeping with heat also lulls me back to sleep! I changed out heating pad around midnight since my neck felt ok, then woke at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep, add heating pad, boom I'm asleep.

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Not much new here, just working and getting my workouts in!

Jody, is safe!!! Hope you have power!

Murphy, the kids have done the escape rooms and loved them. We will have to give it a try.

Lisa, do you bike every day? I would really like a temperpedic type bed, we have the topper which I do like.

Tracey, buying a mattress is kind of intimidating! What if you don't like it? If it's too hard, too soft? My bed has to be PERFECT! Gosh, didn't know I was so passionate about my bed!

Ronne, dang, I don't like planks! I'll do them, only if they are in the middle of a workout, if they are at the end, I'm out!

Roxie, hope you find something soon that you like for work.

Good day to all! Mary

Mary - we have a tempurpedic bed and we love it. DD has the pillow and loves it.
Lisa - I am glad you found something comfortable.
Jody - glad that you made it through the storms
Ronne - I love your planks reasoning!
Roxie - I hope things work out soon regarding work.
Tracey - I too missed the post. Sending waves.

Murphy

Hi all
Glad to hear that Jody is OK. Sounds like everyone's keeping up with the workouts/cycling etc.
Did LIHI Legs today. I was dreading it a bit but it was fine. I did a scrambled premix where a couple of the easier rounds are at the end which made it easier to get through.

I actually did a Cathe today! Starting back with some UB using light weights. Did last half of XT bi/tri, MMA fusion conditioning part and some work on the pilates reformer finished with an hr dog walk. Will see how I feel tomorrow but trying to ease in some weights being careful not to anger my neck!

Hot new mattress pad, was cooler last night with this new one, thanks Tracy for making me think about it! [emoji4]

Mary, we cycle 5 to 6 days a week. I know I needed a break from it as my rhr has been rising signaling I need a break.

Anyone else know they're rhr? My neighbor has seen hers drop with the cycling, yea! She dropped from 75 to 65 or so. I dropped from 64 to 54 or so.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello

Lisa - that's cool about the rhr. I've no idea what mine is. How do you measure it? Congrats on the light weight work. Hope there are no repercussions.

Another LIHI today. BSB doing the abs instead of finishers premix. No great plans this weekend, a bit of shopping, a bit of yoga, maybe the cinema.

Hello! Friday! Today did a YouTube workout, yesterday did a Cathe live KB.

Ronne, enjoy your weekend! DS and I saw Spider-Man last weekend and I was so surprised, I really enjoyed it!

Lisa, that's a lot of biking! I wonder how many miles you have logged since you started??

Jody, how are you??

Murphy, is the bed too hot? I really want one!

Tracey, what are you up to?

Roxie, how are those babies??

High school football tonight, college football tomorrow, and DH has a triathlon Sunday. I'm going to enjoy the quiet while I have it this afternoon! Have a good weekend! Mary

A little ride with dh today. Ronne, no repercussions from light up weight work, yea! My core in the other hand is so sore! Guess I needed it! My garmin tells me my rhr, there is a way to figure it manually before getting out of bed. No big weekend plans here, it's going to be fall type weather, yea! Mary, always the busy bee! I have all the cycling stats in strava, see pics
1b680d2e41ffb2ebde27340efc6d48df.jpg
4de36eecd224a6823feadaa08a23854f.jpg

Quick from work. Waiting on pt in nuclear med. All good. lost n regained power. No news except snippets busy at work no cable or power then no time and no cable. 4th day on at work . I think whole world in trouble. ? Korea. Trump. London. Like I said. Snippets. Afraid to catch up. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Im fine i hope others also doing ok. Lisa sis ok? Be back later.

Chilly here this morning so I did XT ch/back /sh last half, absurdly light weights, walked the dog and relaxed reading a book. Jody, sis fine. I don't think she even had power outage.

Good Morning,

Today was StudioSweat Spin Recovery Ride with Mike and I just finished a 100 rep challenge of sit-ups push-ups and squats.

Mary-the boys are growing so fast I can't believe they are 9,5,20 months and 18 months both little ones are attempting to talk and they both walk.

Jody-good to hear from you.

I had to share my photos from today's ride. The monarch butterfly is migrating. There were swarms of them at times!
5d3613407c908640f47f9693ab2380a6.jpg
da9a39685ae31e778fb8eed115b03fe9.jpg
44846ab279c446c982a4748d294d321c.jpg

Lisa, those are some pretty bugs!

Murphy, I have Escape Room on my radar of things to do. They pop up on Groupon, too. What was the theme?

Tracy/ Beds...I just got a foam topper for my bed from Costco, I LOVE IT and wish I'd gone w/ that type of mattress. I can't remember the name of the company but I'd do an online purchase next time.

Roxie, good workout! Those kiddos are getting big. I bet they are a lot of fun.

Ronnie, my trip is coming up! Oct 5-11. We extended it a few days. I'm still making hotel reservations (watch Lisa, the planner, cringe- YIKES). We are thinking of rail up to Edinburgh Sat/Sun. Is that crazy? Edited to add overnight at Edinburgh dropped but not sure what to do instead.

Mary, how was the race and the sporting weekend? Thank you so much for thinking of me, all of you!

I'm very sorry for all the people, practically civilizations, that had such loss in the Caribbean. I've been in BVI, too. I think the Keys are quite wrecked. We got through the storm just fine. I ended up getting plywood on all my windows, that was tricky but worked out. It is still up. I have to pay the guys to take it back down and there are other storms out there so for now it will stay put. I do have one glass block window for daylight downstairs at least. Upstairs is total blackout. I had friends over during the storm and we even did a Cathe, PHA. I lost power they day after the storm for a 36 hours or so. Actually, I was in the middle of posting here when it went out and I lost that post! After that, I worked 5 very busy 12's in a row, got 8-10 K steps in each day and then I was off today. I did about 10 push ups, 24 dips, 5 min of abs and that was it! Hugs love and gratitude to all.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.