Who cares? Happy new year

fitover.40

Cathlete
Starting us off for the new year. DH and I got in a 21 mile ride on our regular bikes. We never would have been able to do these rides on regular bikes without our ebikes (pedego) getting us in cycling shape. It was a Nice day before the artic cold sets in this week, in fact the skies turned gray in the last hour.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Good Evening,

I did a 30 minute walk on the TM I am not feeling very well haven't had a decent nights sleep in two days my sinuses are acting up and the vertigo I thought I had gotten rid of came back in full force today. I watched Ramp Upper Body no serman on mine.

Lisa-good job on the bike ride it is way to cold for me to exercise outside.

Happy New Year everyone! Walking today.

Ronne - I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa - glad you had a good bike ride.
Waves to all.

Murphy

Hello! Happy New Year! Today did a Julia workout, yesterday was another one, can't remember! Hope everyone is well, DH has a stomach bug and a cold, I'm fumigating today! Mary

Good Afternoon,

I only had to work half a day so I came home and did Cathe Lean Legs and Abs TS #2 but skipped the floor work.

Mary-we have been exposed to a lot of stuff in the last week waiting for it to hit us.

Hi all! Got in another bike ride outside on the regular bike for 15 miles. Looking at the HR data, I had a really high Max, turns out it was right after a coyote sighting! It crossed the path right in front of us, meandered over to a ravine but continued watching us---freaky...I'm now singing at the top of my lungs to scare it away (they want you to do that to haze them away, well, not singing but speaking loudly). I think I freaked out more because it was watching us and so close and that I couldn't rely on the ebike to get away but my pedaling (which I did). Mary, hope no one else gets it! I have soooo much cleaning to do this week, but it's nice having my house back (saw DS off this morning). Roxie, great job on the workout! Murphy, how was the walk? Ronne, are you going to join us or are you still enjoying holiday? Jody, so funny you remembered we had pedego ebikes! Enjoyed texting with you!

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year! I've literally been away from the computer, busy with friends and family over Christmas. I just caught up with all the posts from December. Sounds like you've all had a good time.
I got my S&S workouts and I tried PHA Training, I was pleased I managed to keep up weight wise. I enjoyed it, a good length. I've just started a 30 day yoga challenge so that's going to keep me busy over January.
It's my first day back at work today but I'm not doing a full day, DD is still at home so we're going to watch a film in a bit.
Had a lovely Christmas, we saw lots of people but also had some time just the three of us, hanging out, watching TV and playing games. It's been really nice. I don't want to go back to the real world!

Hello! Today did a boxing workout, phone kept ringing, a little annoying! Lisa, I think I would find speed I didn't know that I had! I still have a couple more weeks with the kids, I'll take the mess! (Can't believe I said that). Ronne, I go back to work tomorrow, I don't want to enter the real world either! Roxie, I hope you don't get it! I have avoided so far. Murphy, did the kids enjoy Christmas?? Jody, you still working? Waiting for the cable guy, my parents got us a smart tv, we are upgrading to HD, looking forward to seeing everyone crystal clear! Also getting my hair done, totally forgot! Good day to all! Mary

Lisa I wasn't sure it was the exact bike, but maybe I'll go rent one for the day and cruise up the coast. I am looking forward to a Colorado ride this year, too! Mary, you get your kids for a long time! Mine went back yesterday. Maybe done sooner than yours? Ronne, awesome holiday time! Sounds so lovely. Roxie, cold and flu season brings extra cooties to your work. Murphy, nice to see you. A walk sounds like a good idea to start off NY. I'm working at least one extra 12 hour shift each week so my w/o have been spotty. I did Giant Sets and liked it but haven't been back yet. Ronne you aren't doing the Travis Elliot 30 for 30 are you? I looked at that and also Perfect Body Yoga. I need some fat girl yoga, I can barely see my toes.

Brrrr cold today, snowing..;they called for just flurries, I don't call snow sticking to the concrete just flurries! I started STS today, did disc 1, hope to do the legs in the series, of course with modifications, more and more needed, but it was refreshing change. I got some cleaning in, yuck. DH did the spare bathroom (gotta love that guy), I vacuumed and 2 loads of laundry and we both did a dreaded costco run. I had to return some soft fleecy shirts that wer3e too big and get smaller size. Got home, they are so soft and snuggly I'm hibernating all week in them! Ronne, sounds like a lovely holiday. Mary, it's hard to combine speed while singing as loudly as possible. With the little bit of straigtening up and cleaning I did today the house feels a bit better....still have some deep cleaning to do, try as I might to make it like a workout I just can't enjoy it!

Good Evening,

I did StudioSweat Spin January 01 2016 good workout mostly standing. It was 60 degrees here yesterday 33 degrees today what a change and its suppose to snow tomorrow.

Lisa-yes it is definitely cold

Hi everyone

Mary - sounds like you're having a fun time (despite going back to work).

Jody - No, I'm doing the Do Yoga With Me 30 day challenge. It's a free website though I have subscribed.

Lisa - I hear you on the cleaning. The bathroom is calling my name but I keep sticking my fingers in my ears!!

Roxie - are you doing a January challenge as well?

Day 4 of the yoga. I'm a bit worried about my lower back, it's feeling a bit tight. Will monitor it and see how it goes.
We took the decorations down last night, a bit sad...
Back to a full day's work today. Ploughing through, there's lots to catch up on.

Hi all. Not much to report. I see the doctor Friday, hopefully he will give me the go ahead to exercise full-out again. Funny, the foot doctor gave me the go ahead and then I had the surgery on the 28th and that doctor said no exercise for at least 10 days. I can't catch a break. Well, I can walk and do yoga and ride the bike, so all is not lost.

Ronne - I was going to ask you if you are doing Do Yoga With Me. I didn't know they had a 30 day challenge. I will check that out, thanks.
Roxie - Is Studio Sweat Spin something you have to subscribe and pay for ?
Lisa - what's an ebike?
Mary - Yes, the kids enjoyed Christmas - they were spoiled rotten by my parents and DH! Is everyone feeling better?
Jody - I hope you can get some rest in with those 12-hour shifts.

Murphy

Good Afternoon,

Unexpected half day for me today so I am going to the doctor to see if my sinuses are causing my vertigo I can't do the new workouts until I can get it under control laying down makes me sick.

Murphy-you can use some of the StudioSweat stuff without subscribing and you can buy some of the workouts but you get full acces if you pay for it.

Ronne-I just joined a four week challenge with StudioSweat I have to do 3 spin workouts a week and report that I did them then I will be entered into a raffle there is also a meal plan but I don't have to follow it.

Mary-you have had a busy time.

STS Meso1 legs, disc 3 today....I was humbled. Then dusting, yuck, dusting, tomorrow is mopping, I despise it all :) Murphy, ebike is electric bike, makes it easier to get up hills outside. It's a heavy bike though, about 60 lbs vs 20 lb for a reg bike so you are pushing more weight when you try to pedal and only use help when you need it like I do. If you want spin workouts, I'm liking the peloton app for the ipad or iphone, it's subscription based, $12.99 a month, you get 2 free weeks thn you can pay monthly or weekly. LOTS of new workouts everyday. Jody, if you do go rent a bike, ours is the interceptor with pedal assist, I try to only stay in pedal assist level 1 (up to 8 mph), once in a while I may need a bit more but pedal assist level 2 I didn't get enough of a workout (goes up to 15 mph), so I changed my setup to limit it to 12 mph so that I have to work harder. I rarely use pedal assist 2 unless it's more of a recovery day and it;s a big hill. Roxie, where is this studio sweat challenge? Ronne, I think retirement has gotten me lazier....all I wanna do is have fun, cleaning, I ain't got time for that! Mary, aaaachoooo, I'm sneezing from the dust! So much junk has piled up all these years and now I'm like, why did I BUY all these trinkets?

STS Meso1 legs, disc 3 today....I was humbled. Then dusting, yuck, dusting, tomorrow is mopping, I despise it all :) Murphy, ebike is electric bike, makes it easier to get up hills outside. It's a heavy bike though, about 60 lbs vs 20 lb for a reg bike so you are pushing more weight when you try to pedal and only use help when you need it like I do. If you want spin workouts, I'm liking the peloton app for the ipad or iphone, it's subscription based, $12.99 a month, you get 2 free weeks thn you can pay monthly or weekly. LOTS of new workouts everyday. Jody, if you do go rent a bike, ours is the interceptor with pedal assist, I try to only stay in pedal assist level 1 (up to 8 mph), once in a while I may need a bit more but pedal assist level 2 I didn't get enough of a workout (goes up to 15 mph), so I changed my setup to limit it to 12 mph so that I have to work harder. I rarely use pedal assist 2 unless it's more of a recovery day and it;s a big hill. Roxie, where is this studio sweat challenge? Ronne, I think retirement has gotten me lazier....all I wanna do is have fun, cleaning, I ain't got time for that! Mary, aaaachoooo, I'm sneezing from the dust! So much junk has piled up all these years and now I'm like, why did I BUY all these trinkets?

Lisa-I got notification in an email but its on their home page.

Hi ladies

Murphy - fingers crossed for good news at the doctor's tomorrow.

Roxie - I like having my workouts planned for me, saves me thinking!

Lisa - are you mixing STS with cycling? I predict DOMS in your future...

Just as I was thinking my back was struggling a bit, the practice today was a spine stretch, just what I needed.
Went round to BF's house last night for birthday celebration. She's just caught me up. Had a lovely evening, just the two families.
Off to DD's school tonight. 6th form open evening, kids finish school at 16 and then there are lots of different options. Can't believe she's nearly at that stage already.

Hello! Today did a Julia workout, tried PHA yesterday, I enjoyed it. Ronne, do they go off to college at 16? So scary how fast time goes! I'm taking down Christmas today, terrible chore! Lisa, mopping? I'll come do it on my hands and knees! What about a Roomba? Roxie, I'll have to give that site a look. Murphy, hope good news! Jody, you still at work? Well, I had better get boxing stuff up.......

I have debunked the myth that cleaning burns calories! I mopped this morning first thing, was sweaty (even in our 61 degree house) and still minimal calorie burn! That's it no more cleaning! ahah We got a foot of snow last night too. I mananged to do Disc 3 (back/tri), I have sever DOMS (you were right Ronne), I really don't enjoy the DOM sensation anymore, I spun my legs a bit, rolled them hoping to do a real spin workout tomorrow. Mary, I do have a roomba, this is my bi-yearly really deep clean. Sorry I can't be a fitbit friend I don't use it anymore, I use Garmin Vivoactive HR. Hands and knees? getting up and down is questionable today! Who else doesn't like the DOM feeling? I used to crave it. Ronne, What options are there? What will DD do? Seems so young to know what you want to do in life, heck my oldest changed his major in the first year of college. Roxie, I'm sure I probably got an email, I get so much junk I delete most of it that comes in the promotions and forum folders (I'm a gmail person). Murphy, what did dr say?

Hello

Mary - No, it's a bit more complicated! They don't start higher ed till 18 but at 16 they take national exams and then they can choose what to do next: stay on at school to do qualifications for uni, go to a further ed institute (local) to do other qualifications, start some sort of in-work training. DD's staying at her school (if she's accepted, she has to apply) to do A-levels (you only do three). So she's making a decision about what subjects she wants to study for the next two years.

Lisa - another excuse not to do cleaning! I don't mind DOMS actually. I don't crave it but it doesn't bother me.

Yoga day 6 - a short one today but I know tomorrow's is 68 mins (!)
I've caved in and put the heating on during the day, I've got fingerless gloves on and I was still finding it hard to write. I just thought it's stupid being cold, I've got a thermal top on and a jumper over it.
Planning to go and see A Monster Calls this weekend and a trip to the tip (how exciting!)
Have a good weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.