Where do you keep your spin bike if you don't have a home gym?

mjd

Cathlete
I'd love to buy a spin bike, especially since Cathe has a spin dvd in the works, but don't really have room for one. For those of you who have a spin bike at home and who don't have a home gym, where do you keep it?

I put my spin bike in the guest bedroom

Hi MJD,
I bought a spin bike (because a foot injury is preventing me from doing my usual high impacts cardio workouts). I had to find room for it (we have a very small house) and so I put it in the guest room which also happened to have a TV that was not being used. So, I also bought a cheap 20.00 DVD player and hooked it to the tv. The spin bike is quite compact and fits next to the wall. It also has wheels and so I just roll it towards the tv when I want to use it.

I have the SpinnerFit from Spinning.com. I live in a one bedroom apt and I have it right in my living room. It's very compact and the design is unobtrusive. I hate clutter and it looks fine for me. Tucks away quite nicely. Great sturdy bike. Loving it!!

If you have a regular bike, you can get a trainer to put it on and use it as a spin bike. That way, you just store it the place you usually store it, and set it up on the trainer when you want to use it to workout.

(If you don't have a bike, but want to get one, you could go shopping for one and a trainer at the same time).

Thanks Kathryn but I don't really want to get a bike and trainer, am keen to get a spin bike. Have put it to DH as a possible mother's day gift but he looked at me as though I had just grown an extra head when I mentioned it. Funny thing is I just know he'd use it too (he's the cyclist in the family, not me!) but have to put forward a strong case as we don't want something that's going to clutter up the living room. Ideally I want something fairly compact and relatively lightweight yet sturdy that would be easy to move from room to room so that I can put it in front of the tv when I want to do a workout. Oh and it has to be fairly quiet for those early morning workouts. Does such a bike exist?

what kind of trainer do you recomend?

What kind of trainer do you recomend? I just bought a road bike and can't really afford a spin bike too.

The Spinner Fit has wheels on the front for mobility. So you just tip it forward and roll it to wherever you want it. It's also a reasonable price by spinning bike standards and comes with DVDs.

The Spinner Fit has wheels on the front for mobility. So you just tip it forward and roll it to wherever you want it. It's also a reasonable price by spinning bike standards and comes with DVDs.

I know most spin bikes come with wheels on the front to move them around, but in reality, how easy is this? They all seem to be so heavy so not sure how much effort is needed to tilt and push them to your desired location. Is it easy enough for one person to do this across carpet?

Was seriously considering getting a bike trainer instead, as per Kathryn's suggestion, and claiming DH's old road bike when he buys himself a new one but since SNM have replied in another thread that Cycle Max is really designed for use on a spin bike rather than a bike on a trainer, have gone off that idea. :( (*sigh*) Just wish we had the room for a separate gym area in our house.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.