What weights will I need?

SaraFit

Cathlete
So I could not resist the black friday deals and got STS-it should arrive tomorrow! I most likely need some more dumbbells but need to know how much to get. I've not been working out consistently lately and for reference I usually use 8s for biceps, maybe 5s for chest flys, and 15s for rows during workouts such as afterburn, total body trisets, super cuts.
---------------
It came and I read through the guide book. I believe I will need higher weights than anticipated-perhaps not at the beginning but in meso 2 & 3. The 1rep test seems pretty easy to do, the workout manager will calculate the weight needed, so it should tell me what weights I will need to purchase (wish I could've done this before purchase to calc total costs but maybe possible I've never used the workout manager). Once I do the 1rep test I will update with my weights so other beginners may have a comparison for how heavy weights are needed.

Last edited:
Thanks! Did you do your 1RM for all the exercises? Many of them are the similar for example flys on incline bench and flys on ball, does the weight differ enough to be worth doing the 1RM for both? I did a few tests and will definitely be getting 10s &/or 12s as that is what I need for biceps. I do have weighted gloves and ankle/wrist weights that I could use so that will help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.