What is your body type - Get to know it to determine an effective workout routine

Thanks for the link Nathalie! I thought it was interesting that most of the answers showed a tendency to be mesomorph. That is a classic athletic body type and I wonder if weight training is more attractive to them?? We tend to enjoy things we are suited for. Just wondering.......

Aww It's interesting you have pointed that out... I don't think so. My sister is a mesomorph with a poor posture and I have been trying really hard to get her into basic body conditioning to rehab her back and later on get into weight once she's improved her posture but she is just *not* interested at all.

It's even hard to just get her book an appointment and see her physiotherapist. She is just lucky she still has definition (she is 40) not ever lifted a 5pound:eek::eek::eek::eek:
In my case yes, I probably love weight training cause my body is suited for it and really does respond well.:):). It's only about a year or two after working out cathe, I realised I just had it in me;):eek::eek:

BTW, what a coincidence, i have just completed disc 19 meso 2 phew, As much as I love my hypertrophy cycle, I am glad I am done with this double wave disc. There is no way of Poking the top of my chest right now:D:D:D

Last edited:
Fast twitch

I also did disk 19....*I am fried!!! I love it though,it makes me feel ALIVE!!!;)

Don't you think it's funny that we know we are going to fry but somehow we just love it and in the end we feel great ALIVE:):):) and happy.

To come back to your previous question. Mesomorph not only tend to love weight but They also tend to love anaerobic cardios and explosive stuffs, which is the case for me (sprint, plyo...). It has got to do with fast twitch:p:):)

what is your body type

Is it just me or on disk 19 is it normal to be below recommended poundages on shoulders? It seems that by the time the 16 heavy sets of chest are done I have trouble with press poundages..not really side laterals or rear delts and can't use the suggested weight.:mad:

What is your body type

I agree 100% Nathalie. I enjoy the explosive stuff too...hate cardio!! :I know I will need to do it to "cut up", but now just trying to pack on some muscle:eek:

Is it just me or on disk 19 is it normal to be below recommended poundages on shoulders? It seems that by the time the 16 heavy sets of chest are done I have trouble with press poundages..not really side laterals or rear delts and can't use the suggested weight.:mad:

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago:mad: So no your definitely not alone;)

:D:D:D
100% same here. The first set of double wave for chest press followed by chest fly do really fry the chest and I felt shoulders assistance through out all sets. Shoulder is a small muscle and we normally have to take it easy as well. I was fine with the rest.

When I got to triceps extension I pulled out my ez barbell curl and by the time I reached crossbody kickback my triceps were trembling:D:D:D. I just had to push till the end. I am going to write down these double-trouble wave disc to my "To revisit" list:p;). Right now I am fine well still sore but I am a happy fried cathlete;)

Last edited:
Hey Cafelattee! I wish I had your ""guns"problem...we guys don't mind that at all!!;)

:p;) I never realised I had some till somebody mention it.
Sometime i do deliberately wear long sleeves outfit trying to hide them but still it get noticed:eek::eek:. I am happy I have them though, very happy;)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the test! It said I was between an ecto and meso. I guess that makes sense, as I can build muscle easily in my upper body but not so much in my lower body. I don't know how to blend the two methods of strength training though. Any suggestions?

I am a mesomorph with an unfortunate layer of evenly distributed fat. I would love to have a cut look. I'll continue doing what I love best: moderate/heavy lifting and metabolic/Hiit workouts with other types of workouts thrown in occasionally for variety.

Several years ago, I would say I was more of an endomorph.

I know I'm an ecto and the test merely confirmed it. I already like heavy weights, but I will not be reducing my cardio any time soon. I need it for handling depression and stress, so the mental benefits outweigh aesthetics 100%.

I am advised to "keep cardio to a minimum until I am happy with my body and how it looks." Problem here is that there are massive misc-conceptions and assumptions: 1) I am not unhappy with my looks: I have always been a lean ruler, athletic looking and I'm good with that. 2) people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes.

I see struggling constantly to change what your body naturally is as a sisyphean task: ultimately senseless.

Clare

I know I'm an ecto and the test merely confirmed it. I already like heavy weights, but I will not be reducing my cardio any time soon. I need it for handling depression and stress, so the mental benefits outweigh aesthetics 100%.

Hi Clare,

I am advised to "keep cardio to a minimum until I am happy with my body and how it looks." Problem here is that there are massive misc-conceptions and assumptions: 1) I am not unhappy with my looks: I have always been a lean ruler, athletic looking and I'm good with that. 2) people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes.

I see struggling constantly to change what your body naturally is as a sisyphean task: ultimately senseless.

Clare

Hi Clare,

I am happy to believe how you feel about yourself. I think your statement above about misconceptions is unfair on anyone who has been kind in sharing her views. Feel free to speak for yourself but please let everyone else speak for themselves too.

I think your statement: people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes is a toxic speculation. That being said should anyone goal be purely based on aesthetic, each their own as we live in a democratic free world.

I think there is truly no need to try to put fallacious statements on people mind:(:(:(

I am sure the majority of us here are happy here. To conclude I am going to clap to pharell as happiness is the truth!

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited:
Hi Clare,

I am happy to believe how you feel about yourself. I think your statement above about misconceptions is unfair on anyone who has been kind in sharing her views. Feel free to speak for yourself but please let everyone else speak for themselves too.

I think your statement: people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes is a toxic speculation. That being said should anyone goal be purely based on aesthetic, each their own as we live in a democratic free world.

I think there is truly no need to try to put fallacious statements on people mind:(:(:(

I am sure the majority of us here are happy here. To conclude I am going to clap to pharell as happiness is the truth!

Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Nathalie:

first off, let's put aside the natural antagonism between us that leads you to target me specifically for negative critique here, when I did no such thing in my response to your thread. My comments were a critique of the test and link you supplied, not of you. Do not misconstrue my words.

Secondly, I shall try to reply to these comments, even though grammatical errors in your response make some of what you say difficult to interpret with 100% accuracy.

1) you say: "should anyone goal be purely based on aesthetic, each their own as we live in a democratic free world." Exactly. It is this very democracy you cite which means that I am at perfect liberty to state an opinion contrary to the one in the article you reference by link in your original post. Thanks for validating my different opinion.

2) you say: "people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes is a toxic speculation." Sorry, no: you are in the wrong here. It is the very notion that fitness should be all about aesthetics that leads to an individual developing psychological complexes regarding body image. The term is body dysmorphia. Fitness should be about far more than aesthetics. We are all mentally healthier when aesthetics is but one factor in how we envisage our fitness program and ideals.

3) you say: "is unfair on anyone who has been kind in sharing her views. Feel free to speak for yourself but please let everyone else speak for themselves too." Again, you are in error: my words are not unfair to anyone; I do not aim to speak for anyone but myself, even while I can guarantee that others on these boards will identify with my viewpoint (as evidenced by the like it has already received). Iindeed, I argue here that in fact it is you, Nathalie, who is trying to silence me, to forbid me from speaking for myself and holding an opinion contrary to yours.

4) you say: "I am sure the majority of us here are happy here." This statement is somewhat strange, hard to see what you are trying to say here. Absolutely no reason why everyone here should not be happy. Though, of course, you cannot speak for anyone else and their imagined levels of happiness. Why would you presume to speak for them?! My words do not eliminate anyone else's happiness with their bodies. Most have their own opinions already formed. I speak a truth that needs to be heard for all those who suffer the tyranny of a one-aesthetic deemed acceptable for women: perfectly sculpted, perfectly muscular, lean, but still feminine, and all this achieved effortlessly. It is this one-aesthetic-fits-all that robs women of their happiness. My words speak to all women who need to be freed from thinking that what they look like matters more than how they feel in their body.

Really, Nathalie, how could you have mis-interpreted my post so badly?

Clare

Nathalie: first off, let's put aside the natural antagonism between us that leads you to target me specifically for negative critique here, when I did no such thing in my response to your thread. My comments were a critique of the test and link you supplied, not of you. Do not misconstrue my words. Secondly, I shall try to reply to these comments, even though grammatical errors in your response make some of what you say difficult to interpret with 100% accuracy. 1) you say: "should anyone goal be purely based on aesthetic, each their own as we live in a democratic free world." Exactly. It is this very democracy you cite which means that I am at perfect liberty to state an opinion contrary to the one in the article you reference by link in your original post. Thanks for validating my different opinion. 2) you say: "people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes is a toxic speculation." Sorry, no: you are in the wrong here. It is the very notion that fitness should be all about aesthetics that leads to an individual developing psychological complexes regarding body image. The term is body dysmorphia. Fitness should be about far more than aesthetics. We are all mentally healthier when aesthetics is but one factor in how we envisage our fitness program and ideals. 3) you say: "is unfair on anyone who has been kind in sharing her views. Feel free to speak for yourself but please let everyone else speak for themselves too." Again, you are in error: my words are not unfair to anyone; I do not aim to speak for anyone but myself, even while I can guarantee that others on these boards will identify with my viewpoint (as evidenced by the like it has already received). Iindeed, I argue here that in fact it is you, Nathalie, who is trying to silence me, to forbid me from speaking for myself and holding an opinion contrary to yours. 4) you say: "I am sure the majority of us here are happy here." This statement is somewhat strange, hard to see what you are trying to say here. Absolutely no reason why everyone here should not be happy. Though, of course, you cannot speak for anyone else and their imagined levels of happiness. Why would you presume to speak for them?! My words do not eliminate anyone else's happiness with their bodies. Most have their own opinions already formed. I speak a truth that needs to be heard for all those who suffer the tyranny of a one-aesthetic deemed acceptable for women: perfectly sculpted, perfectly muscular, lean, but still feminine, and all this achieved effortlessly. It is this one-aesthetic-fits-all that robs women of their happiness. My words speak to all women who need to be freed from thinking that what they look like matters more than how they feel in their body. Really, Nathalie, how could you have mis-interpreted my post so badly? Clare[/QUOTE

Nathalie:

first off, let's put aside the natural antagonism between us that leads you to target me specifically for negative critique here, when I did no such thing in my response to your thread. My comments were a critique of the test and link you supplied, not of you. Do not misconstrue my words.

Secondly, I shall try to reply to these comments, even though grammatical errors in your response make some of what you say difficult to interpret with 100% accuracy.

1) you say: "should anyone goal be purely based on aesthetic, each their own as we live in a democratic free world." Exactly. It is this very democracy you cite which means that I am at perfect liberty to state an opinion contrary to the one in the article you reference by link in your original post. Thanks for validating my different opinion.

2) you say: "people do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes is a toxic speculation." Sorry, no: you are in the wrong here. It is the very notion that fitness should be all about aesthetics that leads to an individual developing psychological complexes regarding body image. The term is body dysmorphia. Fitness should be about far more than aesthetics. We are all mentally healthier when aesthetics is but one factor in how we envisage our fitness program and ideals.

3) you say: "is unfair on anyone who has been kind in sharing her views. Feel free to speak for yourself but please let everyone else speak for themselves too." Again, you are in error: my words are not unfair to anyone; I do not aim to speak for anyone but myself, even while I can guarantee that others on these boards will identify with my viewpoint (as evidenced by the like it has already received). Iindeed, I argue here that in fact it is you, Nathalie, who is trying to silence me, to forbid me from speaking for myself and holding an opinion contrary to yours.

4) you say: "I am sure the majority of us here are happy here." This statement is somewhat strange, hard to see what you are trying to say here. Absolutely no reason why everyone here should not be happy. Though, of course, you cannot speak for anyone else and their imagined levels of happiness. Why would you presume to speak for them?! My words do not eliminate anyone else's happiness with their bodies. Most have their own opinions already formed. I speak a truth that needs to be heard for all those who suffer the tyranny of a one-aesthetic deemed acceptable for women: perfectly sculpted, perfectly muscular, lean, but still feminine, and all this achieved effortlessly. It is this one-aesthetic-fits-all that robs women of their happiness. My words speak to all women who need to be freed from thinking that what they look like matters more than how they feel in their body.

Really, Nathalie, how could you have mis-interpreted my post so badly?

Clare

Clare,

First of all Clare I did not specifically target you. Where on earth this statement is coming from?
This is not the first time that you "hijack" one of my thread and turn it into an un-healthy futile discussion. This makes me cringe cause this is not what I intended. The aim of this thread to truly pass an information not to raise negative vibes about women insecurities. Should you wish to talk about it I suggest you openly post your question and I promise you I would be more than happy to post my say with my inaccurate english grammar!! By the way I wish you could help me out in my french grammar Madame:mad:

Now I want to make it clear that when I posted this below:

".Although I lacked knowledge then about my body type, I knew there was no way I could look like kate moss going through any type of diet!
My anatomical skeleton look way to far from that type of shape"

This was a joke about a comment in the conclusion of the article. There is no need to read between the lines and trying to "mis-interpret" "twist" my comments!!!:mad::mad: Beside it was not about pointing a figure on anyone else. I was talking about myself!!!

Fyi "Fitness is defined as Physical fitness is a general state of health and well-being or specifically the ability to perform aspects of sports or occupations. Physical fitness is generally achieved through correct nutrition, exercise, hygiene and rest. It is a set of attributes or characteristics that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activity".

This is the definition I have in my mind when it comes to fitness.

1) Yes you are free to have your own opinion Clare. My problem is you seem to have an issue with me. You do not like what I love doing Hiit cardio, plyometrics, intricate step choreography, lifting hypertrophy, kickboxing etc...You have expressed it, not always in a respectful manner! You expressed it on many occasions.

I think it's unfair and inappropriate you deliberately deviate from the purpose of my thread turn the discussion into a personal vendetta. This has got nothing to do with my french grammar:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This is not the first time you have turned a good helpful discussion into a war zone full of negative vibes. I am not in on that one with you:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2)Fitness should not be about aesthetics please refer to wikipedia definition of fitness. I suggest you read your favourite magasine from reputable source.
Yes what we think about ourself affect our mental health. should you wish to discuss about it, please post your own thread to avoid mis-interpretation. I have suggested this last time you hijacked my thread!!!

3)As you say there are few people who will identify with your views, I am not intending to argue nor am i trying to compete with you on that. This is the issue you seem to have with me. I love discussing topic and interactic with cathletes and aim to encourage everyone, passing the information keeping the vibes positive. Which is not the case with you Madame!

4) is about your statement: Not sure what you were trying to say!!!

I have no intention of advising you on how many cardio session you need to do per week. Neither do i intend to advise anyone who share you views!!!! the unhappiness with looks mentioned above, if you were referring to yourself again NO COMMENT.If you do not pursue fitness simply for aesthetic purposes, good for you.

Now as to myself I do not pursue fitness exclusively for aesthetic purposes. I am adamant to make it clear. Aesthetic was not the reason I embarked on fitness so please do not twist my word, hijack my thread and put word on peoples mind. You are now making me inclined to post my story cause I feel you are trying to portray a person I am not So please speak for yourself and ensure it's concise and clear in a separate post rather than hijacking threads posting comment which are irrelevant to the subject. It 's confusing.

As you mentioned about happiness, yes I am very happy to do what I love doing, discuss what I do, I enjoy every little inch of my muscle should it be too much or less to anyone taste! In fact I could not care less about any bitchy girly mean comment right now. I feel 100% good about myself.I now have better health with less stress,I have confidence ( not cockiness, arrogance hope you don't miscontrue my french grammar on this:rolleyes:) I am very happy with my athletic looks i gained as a bonus. This will not stop me to embrace more challenge cause I do not do comfort zone. This is probably not a view you are sharing clare. So you do not have to share it!

No offence to anyone. I needed to make this clear.
To anyone else reading this post,Please do not judge me based on this post.
I needed it to make it clear to clare! Hope I did it in a respectful way. otherwise I apologise.
The purpose of the thread is to pass on the information about body type, share experience based the information taken on board, not to turn the discussion into a war zone between Mesomorphs and ectomorphs!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

What is your body type? Should you not know, here is a helpful test.

Bodybuilding.com - What Is Your Body Type? Take Our Test!

Do you ramdomly choose rotation, do you custom it according to your goal and/or body type? Do you set your goal striving to improve what your body is naturally able to excel in and/or you occasionally strive to gain other benefit through training?

Please share your thoughts on this.

I have done the test above and it came up mesomorph. Yes, I have numerously:D:D stated I love moderate to heavy weight training and intervals but I know endurance is also important. I do aim to gain an overall balance even though my heart is more inclined to what my body type is naturally able to excel in.

What are your thoughts;)
Can not wait to read your post,

Kind Regards,

When I did the test, I came up as a mesomorph. I should be doing more circuit training instead of heavy lifting. I had been going about working out all wrong. Thanks for posting this!

Are you sure the test result came up Mesomorph?:eek::eek:
Mine came up the same but did recommend moderate to heavy training.
circuit training can help in achieving other goal not building muscles.

Feel free to opt for whatever you think works for you.

All the best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.