What do you do when you have completed STS?

Personally, I have chosen to do the 3 phases of STS once per year. I start it each January and do it until the end of March. This is my third year and I love it. To me, it is the BEST workout available, especially for changing body composition and building muscular endurance, definition and strength. But, even though it is my all time fav, I do other Cathe workouts between April and the following January. This allows me to focus on other goals, change things up for variety, and experience the fun and benefits of Cathe's other programs. Then I return fresh to STS the following year with excitement and enthusiasm. I have found XTrain to be a great follow-up program. And I am now finding Strong and Sweaty to be a super complement to STS as well. If you are focusing on muscular conditioning (and as an STS user, I am guessing you are), then Pyramid Upper and Lower Body, Gym Styles, 4 Day Split and Slow and Heavy may be of interest to you as they also are split routines that motivate you to give it your all. I enjoy making a yearly plan so that I can be sure to fit them all in eventually. You may like to explore some of Cathe's rotations that focus on the goals you have set for yourself. So many fun ways to keep the body challenged!

This is my third year and I love it. To me, it is the BEST workout available, especially for changing body composition and building muscular endurance, definition and strength. But, even though it is my all time fav, I do other Cathe workouts between April and the following January.

Could not agree more with sentence highlighted above as far as body composition is concerned! Bodybuilding yearly
rotation is the way to go for anyone looking to improve body composition. It is not just for those looking to compete:););):p:p

Do STS in its entirety.

Take one week off.

Do Gym Styles for one month!

Do the low impact series for two weeks.

Do Four Day Split for one month.

Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks

Do STS Meso two and Meso three

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/rotation-for-body-building.287493/
:);)

Thank you so much for your detailed replies. I do appreciate it! So, I've really gotten back into strength training mixed with a little cardio (more on that). I walk 8-9 miles a day. So far I have done the Pyramid, (like it) I also have Muscle Max (haven't tried that one yet) and I will definitely look into the other suggestions. A little background on me because I just know this is going to be a great forum and I will learn a lot!

So, when I started with weights it was in a gym and a personal trainer. Then I started working out at home. I was working out with Jari Love (got bored with those). Found out about Cathe by poking around. I had Jillian too but got rid of those because I just can't tolerate all that bouncing around anymore due to hip replacement and I suffer for days if I'm not careful. I'm trying some of Cathe's videos (like those so far), and I know the routines that will kill me (like burpees, or plank with knee in and out etc.) I just don't do those (not worth it). I tried one of her Low Max Impact Step videos and that killed the hip. I also have Low Impact Sweat (works for me) and Low Impact Hiit looks like it will be fine (minus burpees and such).

So any and all suggestions would be great, as long as it's not high impact and I'm always looking to change up my weight routine. STS sounds like something I could really get into.
Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.