What color shoes with a light blue dress?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I have a job interview next week, it's my 2nd w/this potential employer, & I have a really pretty light blue silk shift dress, kind of a baby blue, hits just above the knee, with a matching jacket. But the only shoes I have to match don't go with hose. I so rarely wear blue, I'm at a loss!

So, do I go with some kind of nude or light beige color? Or a navy blue maybe? Help please!

For a job interview I would probably wear a navy shoe with the outfit because navy is one of those "power" colors that makes an impression on people. (For example, politicians, attorneys in court, and other prominent figures often wear solid colors like navy, black, and dark grey.) I say every little thing helps in a job interview. Good luck with your interview!

I was thinking "Silver!" until I read it's for a job interview. Best not to show up all blinged out with metallic shoes! :) I think that navy, tan, or taupe would work. Good luck!

I'd go taupe or ivory - something as close as possible to your skin tone. Navy definitely not - unless you want people looking at your feet. With something as soft as baby blue, navy shoes will draw the eyes straight down. Always go lighter with shoes. The general rule is they should match as close as possible to whatever is on your legs. I have a gorgeous pair in the softest, palest powder pink. Almost not a color at all. They go with everything - including my navy suit!!

GOOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW!!

I also would choose a beige/nude/light taupe not navy. I think navy is too dark for a light blue dress. Maybe even a pale gray could be nice. Good luck on your interview.

Nude/bone colored pumps/peep toes are really in. I saw Kelly Rippa sporting some the other day with a bright colored dress (can't remember if it was green or blue).

Laura,

You've already gotten great fashion advice so I wanted to say "GOOD LUCK" on your interview!!! I really hope it goes well for you! :eek:

Wow, those are VERY high heels, at least for me! Also, I probably am not the most fashion-forward person:confused:. I think I would definitely fall off of those, but, I am quite sure Laura is way more coordinated than I am!;)

Good luck with the job interview!

Oh - I'm surprised no-one's said white. If in doubt I usually revert to white when the sun's out. Something really simple. Plue blue dress + white shoes + white bag - YOU GO GIIIIIRL Knock 'em dead.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.