Weight watchers CheckIn 8/12 Saturday!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Hi WW Team!
Had a good day yesterday stayed OP. I struggled to get my w/os in because I procrastinated until 3pm... My body just has a hard time with anything other than AM w/os... I have always been a morning person and like to get my exercise in before 8am. I ended up doing SS Lower Body Blast + High Step Training

Marcia: You'll find what works for you - it can take a long time. Remember too that it kind of always changes depending on your age/hormones/adaptability to rotations. Keep us posted on your Aug 04 rotation it looks like a good one.

Corinne: YEAH you made it thru exams and got some exercise in to boot! Good Job! I'm so happy you got Terminator! Let me know when it arrives and we'll plan a terminator day. Remember too that you are never alone! There is always someone else who has same struggles and you just need to reach out by sharing. Be safe Skydiving: My tummy is doing flops as I type...

Buffy: WAY TO GO on scale drop girl! I adore sushi but everyone is floored by how much of it I can eat in a sitting! I even gave up Sake' just so I could eat more sushi!

TeddyGirl: Hope you had a great Friday afternoon off. Also dont ya just love when you find that points values are LOWER than what you thought???? Oh happy day

Claude: LOLOL on DH KISS stash... in my house I KEPP THE STASH! Happy painting and remember its great arm / shoulder work.

Jenn: OMG- I am so sorry about your ATM nightmare... issues like that are major stressors for me so I can feel your pain. WW has great SALTY snacks that are 2 points for a decent serving. I keep them on hand in pantry for just those kind of days

Amy: Feel better and please take some down time if your body wants to rest. Hard for me to tell if I need to push through a procrastination day or if my body really needs rest. Still trying to figure it all out. Congrats on maintaining this week!

Have a great day all- and thanks for being a great support system for me.

Traci- good morning! Thanks on the congrats, it's just that I have been maintaining for about 3 weeks now! I have been having problems the past year with having 5 month plateaus then losing about 5-8 lbs then plateauing for 5 months! It's rather frustrating! My WW leader told me that I wasn't eating enough food and to eat all my flex points. I have done that for 6 wks now and lost another 6 lbs initially, but that's stopped and I don't know what to do next. Any ideas?

I hope that everyone else has a good day. I will check in later when I get up tonight.

{{It's rather frustrating! My WW leader told me that I wasn't eating enough food and to eat all my flex points. I have done that for 6 wks now and lost another 6 lbs initially, but that's stopped and I don't know what to do next. Any ideas?}}

Amy-
It sounds like you have a body (like mine) that gets accustomed to routines very quickly... Its a double edged sword because my Dr told me that easy adaptation of muscles/diet is a sign of a FIT body... the flip side is that in order to lose weight/build muscle we must change things up a little more often.

First: Look at your AP points... If you exercise regularly (especially w/ Cathe) your intensity is so high that you really do NEED the Flex / Ap points to avoid starvation mode (internally)

Second: Have you tried zig zag method using the same points you are eating now (baseline + flex)? If not take your baseline + 35 / 7 days = total weekly points. Zig zagging is doing a higher point day the 2 lower point days rather than an "equal" amount every day. This doesnt mean to eat "bad" on higher days it just means mabe some extra fruit or protein. This broke my last plateau nicely.

Third: Look at your type of workouts for the past 4 weeks:
Interval - Circuit - Kick - Running - Strength - Step (whatever)
Do you see a pattern of the same basic TYPE of exercise?
Time to shake it up! I have to change it up about every 3 weeks to see progress.
IDEAS:
Week 1-3:
2 Intensity, 1 Kick, 3 Full Body Strength
Weeks 4-6:
Circuits Only w/ no separate strength
Weeks 7-9
3 Kick, 1 Circuit + 1 body part a day strength

Just change it up! Even going from 5 or 6 cardio days to 3 cardio + 3 long strength trainings can kick up a metabolism

Again- this wont work forever because our bodies tend to figure it out eventually but it can help for 3 or 4 weeks.

Change 1 thing (points / exercise) a week until you see a pop! It'll happen.

Good morning everyone:

I've decided to switch to the CORE program. It's more like clean eating and I don't have the challenge of making the good choices with my points. I'm bad if I have a choice between an apple and even 100 calorie pack. I go for the pack when I know that the apple is better for me. I know that the pack is 'Ok', but I think I'm better off without the choice. ;-)

Have a great day everyone, be back later.

Marcia.

Good Morning!!

That's some good advice Traci. I'm going to keep that in mind when/if I hit a plataeu.

Marcia, good luck on CORE. I'm interested to hear how you do on it.

Went out to dinner last nite. I used some of my Flexpoints but definitely not all. I'm going to a dinner party tonite. I'm bringing a salad and dessert. I'm going to make some kind of WW friendly dessert, have a lot of salad, and a bit of whatever main dish the hostess makes.

My workout plan today is PUB/PLB combo and cardio coach. I need some AP's for tonite!

Have a great day.

Buffy

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

Traci - We definitely have to make a Terminator and KPC date!!! I should be getting them this week!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Claude - Don't worry about finding ur DH's stash!!! It happens, and chocolate kisses are soooo delicious!!! I must say tho, you are lucky that your DH actually hides food, I live at my parents house, and I must say they are very supportive, but they leave chips/chocolate in sight and it's hard sometimes to not eat it but my strategy is to go for a walk, or I think about how those chips/chocolate will go straight to my hips!!! LOL

Buffy - Congrats on the weight loss and have fun at your dinner party. It's a great idea to bring a WW friendly dessert!! Enjoy it!!!

Marcia - Good luck on the core!! I'll like to know how it goes, I'm a little nervous to go on the core, because I need to keep my portions in control, and thats why counting points makes it easier!!! But keep us posted on how it goes!!! Good luck!

Amy - Traci gave u some great ideas!!! Good luck with getting thru ur plateau, I'm cheering for ya!!! I dunno if you bought the new dvds, but if you did, I'm sure Drill Max will help with that pleateau. It sounds scary that dvd, lol.

Thanks to all for you support in WW and sky diving!!! I am going tomorrow at 11!!! My boyfriend is getting filmed (this entire adventure is his 21st birthday gift!!!) and supposely there will be a direct link on the site where people can go watch the dvd. It's a little interview and then they film us on the plane (where we both will be panicking, lol) and then the entire jump and landing is filmed. If anyone is interested to see it, I will be more than happy to share it with you guys!!!

I'll be sure to come on tomorrow to let you know how it went!!! Can't wait!

Corinne
:) :) :) :) :)

Hi everyone -
Finally got the second coat of paint on that trim and those darn doors. If you could see the size of this hallway, you'd be amazed that they packed so many door into such a small space.

Anyways, I'm typing this as I eat my lunch - salad w/shrimp. 3 pts and Yummy. Eating so far today has been good, I'm on track for an OP day. As long as I'm physically busy, eating isn't an issue. It's when I'm mentally busy (like at work or paying bills) that I feel the urge to munch mindlessly. My niece is coming down today from Maine with her new baby, I can't wait to see him.

This morning I did PUB up only premix and then did a light cardio with Burn & Firm Pilates. It's ok, but very repetitious. I get pretty bored with it half way through. I think it's time to retire that one and replace it with another Cathe wo.

Jenn - What a nightmare - I can't live wo my ATM card either. Someone once got our credit card number and started using it. That was scary enough. I can't imagine if they got our ATM.

Traci - I'm with you - if I don't get my exercise in first thing, it generally doesn't happen.

Amy - Traci has some great tips there. When that happens to someone in my WW group, my leader tells them to change one thing. Like switching from flex to core or cutting out one fattening treat, even if you're eating within points. Keep at it, you'll find the right balance eventually.

Marcia - good luck with Core! Some people find it so much easier than flex. I for one want the choices, but a woman in my WW group has lost 70 lbs on core and loves it!

Corinne - yes, I'm very lucky that my DH is so supportive. It was hard for him at first, but now he's great about it. He's thrilled with my weight loss and my new body so he knows it pays for him to help me out. I'd love to see the clip on your skydiving adventure! Have a great time!

Happy Saturday everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

Just a quick post. DH is home! We are going over to friends soon.

Amy - i was going to suggest the same thing with zig-zagging points. Try googling for the Wendi plan. Not sure how Wendi is spelled exactly other than I don't think it is a y at the end.

Marcia - Let us know how you do with core. I have thought about trying it. Wondering if it might be easier with cooking dinners. Right now I try to incorporate alot of core foods though in the choices I make. And I suck at tracking.

It'll be strange to get back to morning workouts but good. I need to plan what I will do. Monday will be here so soon!

Hi all,

Yes my visa debit card scandal has been a real bummer. I just wish I could figure out where they got the # from. The only place I bought from on line was Amazon and that should be a secure sight, or at least I would think so.

I lost .5lb. I start the week at well, journaling do well with points and then I slowly fall apart. I also had my period this week. x( Like thats an excuse. New week, maybe a better one. I haven't tracked my points in like 3 days. I will start fresh tomorrow. I can't seem to make that a habit.

Traci- your advice is really great you sound like a pro.

Jenn

Jenn-
{{{{I lost .5lb. I start the week at well, journaling do well with points and then I slowly fall apart. I also had my period this week. Like thats an excuse.}}}

If your period isnt a valid reason for a week "falling apart" I'm in BIG TROUBLE!!!! lolololol
Now Jenn- you know that .5 loss TTOM is AWESOME! I have always had some type of gain even if it does go away later... That means you are doing great and you must not be "falling apart" too terribly.
Is it possible you are being too restrictive at the beginning of the week? If you are trying to be perfect then its normal for an end of week set back I'd think. Just a thought....
Give yourself a pat on the back for checking in when you're down too.
Have a great weekend

Thanks, Traci for all the ideas. After feeling like I have been beating my head against the wall by myself, it's nice to hear what other ideas people have!!!

I have been considering switching to Core for a while to see if that helps. At this point, that seems a little scary to me for some unknown reason (probably because I have never done Core, it's the "unknown"). Anyway, we will have to play "trial and error", right?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.