Wanted - Music with Lyrics like Good Old Days!!

Kater

I preordered last Series and while Workouts are spectacular as always the music to quote another reviewer was "Meh". So today I worked out to Low Impact Circuit because that music for me is much more motivating. I know licensing fees have changed the game but the Sound a Likes were so much fun (e.g. Xtrain, Party Rocking Step, To the Max CrossFire. X10) and Cathe has picked some great obscure dance tunes over the years (e.g. Intensity, 4 Day Split). I realize music is subjective and Cathe's team does a terrific job at pleasing everyone but since we've had the dance techno house noise music for the last few series am hoping we can get back to the awesome music that brought me and others to Cathe's workouts initially many years ago. Thanks!! :)

Hi Kater, Unfortunately music like you're requesting no longer exist that can be legally licensed or we would certainly use it. Great music is really kind of rare and is rarely if ever nowadays made available for video sync licensing as iTunes really changed the dynamics of the music industry. Good music has always been hard to obtain, but now it's nearly impossible to purchase for exercise videos.

Hi Kater, Unfortunately music like you're requesting no longer exist that can be legally licensed or we would certainly use it. Great music is really kind of rare and is rarely if ever nowadays made available for video sync licensing as iTunes really changed the dynamics of the music industry. Good music has always been hard to obtain, but now it's nearly impossible to purchase for exercise videos.
Do you mean even music like that is in party rocking step 1 ? That had great music and I remember then it was same reason we had sound alikes. But I loved this, surly we can have more like that?

Hi Renee, Party Rock'n Step definitely had some great music, but this music was made in 2013 and the laws concerning sound-alikes have changed since then. Unfortunately, it just not possible to obtain music like this anymore. We still look for the best music we can legally purchase, but the "great" music selections are very rare or nonexistent nowadays.

Is it the same rules for Calorie Crush? I’ve purchased it and used it many times, I love it. Will you be making more like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Renee, Party Rock'n Step definitely had some great music, but this music was made in 2013 and the laws concerning sound-alikes have changed since then. Unfortunately, it just not possible to obtain music like this anymore. We still look for the best music we can legally purchase, but the "great" music selections are very rare or nonexistent nowadays.

The audio option is great on the dvds, playing our own music is sometimes like having a new workout [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Renee I thought sound-a-likes were still available for work out videos :( Its a shame because the value is reciprocal to artists e.g. There's been many a tune I would not recognize or appreciate without it being featured in Cathe's WO videos. Perhaps this will change in future especially for fledging artists. I would think they would want their music distributed. How does it work for say other mediums like Independent movies? Is it impossible or just way too cost prohibitive for DVD? Can the old licensed WO music be recycled? (There were a lot of goodies from many years ago wouldn't that be a fun workout??!!)

Got excited and thought Terina's reference to Calorie Crush was a Cathe WO I might have somehow missed but found link to iTunes; most of this music I didn't recognize in Cathe WOs. Is it because this cannot be licensed for video sync perhaps?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cathes-calorie-crush-workout-mix-radio-pop-hits-non/1114904408?app=itunes&ign-itsct=1114904408-1114904408&ign-itscg=0177&ign-mpt=uo=4

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.