Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

Update on ffmpeg Error

Discussion in 'Workout Blender Support Forum' started by JennyBear, Aug 10, 2011.

1. JennyBear Cathlete

Hello,

This problem was reported last December and was said a fix would be in the next update...just downloaded today and still get the error.

Any idea when the update will be available?

Thanks,

http://cathe.com/forum/f122/error-ffmpeg-280329/

2. Curt Kapus Administrator

Hello Jenny,

We have not released a newer version since the December release. We have been working with the programmers and know what the problem is, and it seems that FFMPEG has updated their encoding software in the mean time which should work correctly. However, with the release of Mac OS X Lion, a new major version of Adobe Air, and newer versions of the video encoding tools, including FFMPEG, that we incorporate into the Blender, a lot of retooling has had to be done and has caused delays. Please hang in there...I know it is frustrating, but the next version that I am testing here should work fine on for computer.

-Curt

3. hiho322 Cathlete

So glad I stumbled on this, Curt! I love that you guys are on it, but I have a question: you mentioned Mac OS Lion. I'm still on Leopard, not even Snow Leopard and, for business reasons, can't upgrade from there. I have the latest version of Leopard (10.5.6??? - I'm not home right now; just know that it's the latest) on my MacBook Pro, with the dual Intel chip. Will the new version of the Blender work for me? I've been waiting so long for this, I really hope so!

Best,

Annie

4. JennyBear Cathlete

Thanks for the reply.

I made the decision to just get the downloads sacrificing the DVD premixes since I can use the Blender.

Can't wait for the time we can all share our "mixes".