TTC & Miscarriage Support Dec 24th

melanalyus

Cathlete
Merry Christmas ladies. Hope everyone's doing great.

Bethany, anything new with your TTC?

Jen, I hope cramping and bleeding has ceased. How was Christmas?

Susan, It's nice to hear from you. You know what they say? When you stop "trying" it happens. I totally understand where you are coming from.

I have one more day of Clomid for this cycle. I've had some pelvic pain, light acne and that's it. So, I'm feeling fortuante this time. Let's see....I'm day 9 of cycle. I've got to purchase one of those ovulation kits tomorrow so I can have them on hand. I've never actually used one before. It'll be good "practice" for my patients if anything else.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you ladies also! I am pooped! I was out all day with mom and grandma and then came home and made two lasagnas. One is for us tomorrow and the other is for my husband's co workers. Then we wrapped presents and now I am finally sitting down relaxing. Whew!

No more cramps and light bleeding so I will take that as my Christmas gift!

Good luck Melanie with the ovulation kits. I used the ovulations predictor sticks from the internet and never got a positive until I was pregnant. I just never had any luck with them and I hope you do. They were too stressful for me.

Anywhoo....I am going to hang out with mom and grandma. I hope you ladies have a wonderful Christmas! Be safe and don't eat too much. Oh and still no workout. Oh well....

Jen, lasagna sounds great! We're having chicken tomorrow. :)

The ovulation kits are pretty much mandatory when using Clomid. Just following drs orders. :)

Merry Christmas again! My DH is the absolute sweetest and most surprising! He has been upset about Christmas and just not in the holiday spirit because of our loss. I bought him a few little things to open but we just didn't do a lot this year. I wasn't really expecting much and wasn't going to be disappointed. So this morning, he pulls me into our room (because we have family staying with us) and gives me a small gift. I open it and it a small guardian angel pendant on a very delicate chain and it is absolutely beautiful. And of course I start bawling. He said he wanted to give me something special because of our loss. I absolutely love it!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful and love filled holiday!

Jen

What a gem you have there, Jen,...a real keeper. :D

Today went well. Last night, when reading the Christmas Story to the little boys....they again wanted to know what happened to MY baby that was in my belly....and why it was dead. :( Ouch, wee-ones have no idea. I told them that the baby was with Jesus now.... anyone know a good book or something that I could use to help them? I"m suprised that they would even bring it up (I don't talk about it with my immediate family...just you guys).

I was a little down b/c DH & I don't exchange gifts. Normally it doesn't bother me....but when I see so much under the tree for our kids....and nothing for mom & dad....well...isn't it a respect thing for us to share with our kids? I don't know, probably just being emotional. Can I blame it on the Clomid? :D :D

Thanks Melanie! He is wonderful and I love moments like that when he reminds me.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you guys exchange gifts? There's nothing wrong with wanting to share with your children also. Maybe you guys can talk about it and start a new tradition, even if it is just something little. We used to go all out for each other on Christmas and now we scaled back a lot. We decided that if and when we ever do have children that we don't need much but I still think it is nice for people to have something to open.

Well lasagna for Christmas was a hit! It was so much easier than doing all the hubbub with the ham and all the sides. I was so much more relaxed. I think I am starting a new tradition with our families for next year. Despite the circumstances Christmas was wonderful and I am really glad I didn't let my m/c get me down.

Have a great night!

Jen

Jen,

Quite frankly, DH hates to shop & is an awful present buyer. Oh no!!! Did I say that OUTLOUD? :D :D LOL We're talking Gander Mountain nightgowns with velvet pine trees & choker-collars. Yuk!

One year I made him buy me a Land's End sweater. Love that sweater. :p

I did talk with DH, he agreed that next year we'd buy each other something little...and get the kids involved a little more. The boys can help pick out the presents and such. We've always just had "Santa" presents,...but I think we miss out on the 'togetherness' that way.

We've been together 18 years....we're bound to get this right one of these years!!!!

Glad your lasagna was a success. We had gold-n-plump chicken in the bag & real mash potatoes. It was easy & good. Oh....... and chocolate pie for desert.:eek:

I took a nap yesterday.
Today I did Amy's ASC2 ---sections 1-4 (almost have section 4 down).

I work tomorrow. Hope to get up for AM workout...but you know how that goes!!!

Good, I'm glad you guys talked and could work something out. Even if you have to send him out with a list of exactly what you want it will help teach him what you like and maybe, just maybe he will pick something out on his own. :) I think it will be fun to get the kids involved also. I remember helping my parents pick out presents for each other.

I'm sorry you have to work but shopping is not much fun. I got up early to go to Target to return DH's jeans I bought and get a different size and a few household items and now I am aggravated. People are just so rude and impatient. Mom and grandma want to go shopping today and I have changed my mind now. They might just have to go and brave the rude people without me.

Still no workout today...no time yet. I am really hoping tomorrow or Sunday. Grandma is going to stay with mom (hopefully) for a few days since DH is off this weekend and to give us some alone time before we have to go back to work. Hope you have a good day at work, don't work too hard!

Jen

Hi ladies! I'm here in PA right now, braving the cold weather. I'm feeling bloated and puffy from not working out since Tuesday (we left at 5:30 AM on Wednesday) but this is also a bit of an experiment for me to see what my body does from taking such a long break from exercising. It's so funny that now we're busy with our families and don't have any privacy here DH suddenly "wants" me again (it's been awhile, which also makes it pretty darm near impossible to conceive!;)) Taylor's doing pretty well considering the lack of sleep and lots of strangers passing her around. She's such a sweetheart.

Jen, it makes me feel better that you also had people telling you to gain weight but you stuck it out and took the healthy road. Oh, and your DH sounds like such a wonderful guy - what a thoughtful present!

Melanie, DH and I don't exchange gifts either, though we're just too lazy I guess. Growing up my family never celebrated birthdays or had a Christmas tree or presents, so I don't expect much. Maybe when Taylor is older we'll have a tree for Christmas, but that's only if DH wants that.

So can you take Clomid each month, or is there a limit on it? We'll be crossing our fingers for you!!

Off to help with dinner, we're making crab legs, shrimp, and steak tonight for DH's side of the family.

Long break, Bethany? Try a month! J/K I used to not be able to go a week without working out and feeling guilty and fat! :) This month has actually been a great experiment for my brain and body. I probably gained about 5 pounds of water weight and maybe some extra. It will all change come Monday morning! You guys will hear about how sore I am all next week because I shocked my body! I hope you are staying warm in PA. It is beautiful here in Florida although Christmas day the weather was terrible. It was rainy and humid.

Speaking of DH and "wanting" my poor DH hasn't had any for a long while and has been so patient. When I started spotting I got worried and told him we would BD after the doctor said it was ok and then it wasn't ok and I just didn't have any interest. And now well...go through a miscarriage and the bleeding is not exactly sexy or brings about sexy thoughts. So last night we went out and had some drinks and I was feeling better and "frisky" so my poor patient DH finally got some. :) I feel more normal again since the miscarriage and now I can't wait to start TTC again.

Well my weekend is almost over and I am sad. I've been cleaning and doing laundry trying to get the house back to normal after the holidays. I go back to work Monday and I am not looking forward to it, just because its work. Oh well...life must go on. I hope you ladies are having a great weekend. No workout today.....Soon, I promise.

How was it going back to work today? It was a bit tough to get back into the groove of things for me. We got back yesterday and definitely could have used an extra day to decompress!;) I was so sad too yesterday after getting back, though it really didn't hit me until I started to unpack...then I just about broke down. All my family is up north, and it seems I miss them more after seeing them than when I don't see them. Jen, did your mom and grandma leave?

I did an easy cardio yesterday so I wouldn't feel like a wimp: 4DS LIS and HIS double cardio premix. It's such a fun one! I think I'll start a rotation of 2 total body weights, 3 cardios, and 1 circuit/week if Cathe's January rotation doesn't agree with me. I hope my elbow will behave and let me start weights again - I miss my muscles!:p

Jen, it's good to hear things are starting to feel more normal after the miscarriage. Your husband sounds very supportive, which I'm sure must help.

So it's been 2 months since I've had a period.:( I'm so tempted to take another pregnancy test BUT I know that I'm not and it always makes me so upset when I see another negative result, so I'm trying to just put it out of my mind (yeah, right:rolleyes:) and not get my hopes up until I start puking, lol.

Have a wonderful week ladies! Melanie, how's it going with you?

Hey ladies.

No ovulation yet,...although the Clomid has made some changes to my body...especially pimples. Urgh!!!:eek::eek:

Clomid max is 6 months. I won't give it that long. 3 months I"m thinking, then I'll try Femara.

I always take a pg test if I"m wondering. It drives me nuts not knowing....although I end up getting my period later that same day....or the next. :( That'd be awesome if it happens that quickly for you. :)

Yesterday I did HIS-2 Tracey's + Amy Bento's Abs. My abs are super sore today. I took the day off today....Monday's are hard enough without getting up at 430AM (plus boys didn't go to sleep until 1130 last night).

I have tomorrow off! Yahoo!!!!

Thanks, Melanie. I figured I would be welcome since I know that we are usually a welcoming bunch here at the Cathe forums. I know I've seen you over on the Open forum before.

I am currently in that waiting period between ovulating and menstruating (is it just me or is the word "menstruating" just an ugly word?)

--Lainie

Melanie, sorry about the pimples! I swear by zinc - it keeps me clear as long as I take it each day. When I found out I was pregnant I stopped and I had the WORST skin throughout the entire pregnancy, though I'm sure much of it was hormonal. After making sure it was safe to take during breastfeeding I started again and it's been a life-saver. Lucky you for not having work tomorrow!:p

So I bought some pregnancy tests but probably won't take one for awhile...it depresses me more to actually see the negative sign than to know that I'm not <but still have the slightest hope that I am> (if that makes any sense). Now the question is how long should I wait...it's been 60 days since my last (but only) period.

Today I did Circuit Max because my elbow is still giving me some trouble and I thought I'd test the waters by doing very light weight work. I had some pain but I don't feel it right now, so I'm hopeful I can return to weights soon!!

Welcome, Lainie! Your boys are adorable, how old are they?

What's everyone doing for New Year's?

Bethany- Yes my grandma left on Monday and I was sad too. Our visit made me realize how close the three of us are (mom, me and grandma). My mom lives here about 20 minutes away but it was real nice to have her stay the night a few nights while grandma was here and DH was working. My mom and I hope we convinced Grandma to move back here to Florida where her family is and can take care of her. The older I get the more I realize how important family is to me.

Welcome Lainie! It sounds like all of us are in some sort of TTC limbo right now. I pray that we all get our cycles the way we want them for the new year!

Melanie-Sorry to hear about the zits but hopefully the Clomid will bring on the ovulation!

Well, I have stopped bleeding as of yesterday and my temp has stayed below the coverline for two days straight. I have absolutely no symptoms anymore except some minor cramps in my uterus that comes and goes so I am hoping that its just going back to its normal size. I got my blood done last week and today so I will call Friday to make sure the numbers are going down. I am positive that I will have a normal cycle quickly and then we will start TTC again!

And for the big announcement......I have finally felt well enough to work out! Oh my gosh, the emotion I felt! I did CC Vol 1 on Monday (wanted to start out easy) and I almost cried because of the relief I felt at being able to work out again! I swear working out is therapy for me because my head has been so much clearer the last two days. I did GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps tonight and plan on running again tomorrow. I am back to eating good too. No more sweets and minimal carbs except whole grains. I feel so much better even only after two days. I have yet to do abs because of the cramping and all over general achiness since running but I did also stretch my abs and hips real good which felt AMAZING! My whole back and abs area has been cramped and tight for a few weeks now that the stretching brings so much relief! Ok so enough about me....how is everyone else?

I agree that going back to work was very hard. Especially when my boss has been crappy. I plan to have dinner with my DH on New Year's Eve but then he has to work at 10pm that night so I was going to visit with my mom and maybe have a glass of wine or two. I can't have too much because I go on call for my job at 8am the next morning. What are everyone else's plans?

I wish all of us a healthy and baby filled new year! I just know that this year will bring us everything that we want!

Jen

P.S. Bethany- Take the pregnancy test. I agree with Melanie, everytime I took one my period showed up! I don't know how but it works!

No ovulation yet, which is a bit odd. Maybe that's been my problem all along? Maybe I don't ovulate!!!!! Ha Ha. I"m getting slippery....so it's coming (and super horny). Ya'll don't mind me being frank, right? ;)

Fig, I've been around here "forever & a day". :D So,...you're officially in your 2WW (2 week wait period)? Waiting to see if your pg?

Bethany....how bout that pg test?!?!?

I took a test yesterday...it was negative, of course. I bums me out that my body doesn't seem to be working properly. Melanie, I'm feeling wetter today too so maybe something will finally happen! Are you using ovulation test strips to know when the big event occurs?

Oh, no workout for me yesterday, I felt awful at work and drove home with a coat and the heater on (it was 72 deg out)...I had a fever but today I feel much better and I'll do something today. Between these past few weeks with my elbow, then vacation, then feeling exhausted and sick after vacation - this is the longest period of inconsistent workouts EVER!:p Hopefully Cathe will post a Jan. rotation soon.

Jen, what do you do for work? (sorry if you already told us:eek:) Thanks for having such a great, positive outlook on TTC - I hope we all get what we wish for this year too!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.