Training Legs

TLHMN

hi Cathe,
After decades of avoiding lifting heavy for fear of getting too big, I've fully embraced those heavy weighsts! My turning point came after seeing a woman (Emily Skye) gain 30 lbs and looked phenomenal. Being an endo-mesomorph, I decided to embrace what the good Lord gave me and make the most of this 48 year old body! I fear the heavy weights no longer and actually really really love working out.

My question is regarding legs. I really enjoy the Gym Style series and feel like the heavier I lift, the smaller I get. I feel like the GS Legs really targets and builds the lean muscle I'm after. So my question is where do workouts like Lean Legs & Abs, Xtrain's Cardio Legs, and even the floor exercises of GS Legs fit in a rotation? How many times per week should one work Legs? And in terms of a rotation with the gym series, I'd like to incorporate metabolic workouts like ICE Metabolic training (love!) and Supercuts. Any suggestions? Your advice is much appreciated!
Terri

I can't give recommendations since I haven't done those, but congratulations on your "attitude shift"! Lean muscle just can't look or be bad. I have seen many pictures of people, especially ladies, putting on 20# of "good weight" and looking smaller. Pounds of muscle are much smaller than pounds of fat! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.