Training for Figure Competition-Do you think I can so it with sts?

wadejen

Cathlete
Training for Figure Competition-Do you think I can with sts?

I need some feedback. I have a figure comp. I am training for in Oct. I have started to see a trainer, I really like him, but I feel like I am doing alot of the same stuff Cathe is doing in STS. So I am thinking, why hire someone, since I have Cathe. Cathe makes me hurt in places I didn't know existed. I know the last 10 to 12 weeks the diet is critical. I have someone in place to help with that. I really feel like STS is great program and I dropped 15 lbs the first time through.

I wanted some feedback especially if you have ever competed or trained someone.
Thanks and happy lifting,
Jennifer

Last edited:
I need some feedback. I have a figure comp. I am training for in Oct. I have started to see a trainer, I really like him, but I feel like I am doing alot of the same stuff Cathe is doing in STS. So I am thinking, why hire someone, since I have Cathe. Cathe makes me hurt in places I didn't know existed. I know the last 10 to 12 weeks the diet is critical. I have someone in place to help with that. I really feel like STS is great program and I dropped 15 lbs the first time through.

I wanted some feedback especially if you have ever competed or trained someone.
Thanks and happy lifting,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for your very kind words regarding my coaching style and my workout programs. Congratulations with the success you have achieved with STS too. I do think STS is a vast and comprehensive strength training program that will take anyone who uses it to their highest levels of fitness.

But I have to say when it comes down to training for a bikini, figure, fitness or bodybuilding competition you need a specific and tailored program....one designed JUST FOR YOU.... and yes, I think you definitely need a trainer. A trainer will oversee your progress and constantly tweak your training and your diet to work synergistically toward achieving YOUR perfect symmetry and specific goal. We all have different body types and we all have certain body parts that respond much more quickly to weights than other body parts. Your trainer will see that from week to week and see where you need more work in a particular area, less work, more calories, less calories, etc. You are paying them not only for their expertise in that particular sport but for their time, focus and energy on YOU and to give you exactly what you need week to week to meet the specific goals that are required for you to be your very best in this specific competition. Believe it or not your weight training program is only one part of your competition. You need help with diet, posing, planning, showmanship and just overall moral support (most especially on competition day). Having one highly qualified trainer coach you in all required areas from start to finish is definitely the way to go for a competition.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much Cathe for your response. I love getting advice from the pro. I will use your advice fully. ;0)

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.