Tough Mudder Training

I was in good shape until my first child came along in 2005 (I did lots of Cathe back in the day). Then I took a hiatus from working out. In January 2015 (10 years and three kids later), I decided it was time to take back that part of my life. So some friends and I signed up for a Tough Mudder. And I was terrified.

Not knowing how to get back into shape, I turned to Cathe again. Go big or stay home being my new motto, I dove right into the Get Ripped with HIIT 60-day rotation - and finished it. Then I moved onto the XTrain 90-day rotation - and finished it. I also threw in a lot of running over the last three months.

Yesterday I finished that Tough Mudder. I ran almost all of it - only walked a little (the hills were BRUTAL). I attempted all but one of the 20 obstacles (that one was a swimming obstacle, and I decided I would allow myself to go safe on just one because I am not a strong swimmer.) We climbed walls, traversed gooey mud pits, army crawled, carried our friends (literally), got submerged in an ice pool, got hit with electric shocks - and we OWNED it!

I never thought I could accomplish such a thing, especially at the age of 40! Training with Cathe - the heavy weights, the cardio - was exactly what I needed to be ready. I think I'll do it again next year!

I was in good shape until my first child came along in 2005 (I did lots of Cathe back in the day). Then I took a hiatus from working out. In January 2015 (10 years and three kids later), I decided it was time to take back that part of my life. So some friends and I signed up for a Tough Mudder. And I was terrified.

Not knowing how to get back into shape, I turned to Cathe again. Go big or stay home being my new motto, I dove right into the Get Ripped with HIIT 60-day rotation - and finished it. Then I moved onto the XTrain 90-day rotation - and finished it. I also threw in a lot of running over the last three months.

Yesterday I finished that Tough Mudder. I ran almost all of it - only walked a little (the hills were BRUTAL). I attempted all but one of the 20 obstacles (that one was a swimming obstacle, and I decided I would allow myself to go safe on just one because I am not a strong swimmer.) We climbed walls, traversed gooey mud pits, army crawled, carried our friends (literally), got submerged in an ice pool, got hit with electric shocks - and we OWNED it!

I never thought I could accomplish such a thing, especially at the age of 40! Training with Cathe - the heavy weights, the cardio - was exactly what I needed to be ready. I think I'll do it again next year!

Congratulations on your mission accomplished!
Inspirational!:):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.