Toe Fungus Help!

Francis

Hey guys, I am new to this blog and was wondering if anyone had any tips for toenail fungus? Everything on the Internet seems to try and sell me something.

I went to the doctors and they prescribed me clortizamole cream a few months ago. I was prescribed three tubes with refills. I applied it as directed from my doctor and well... No change. :(

I haven't seen the slightest change in my nails. Not even a new, healthier one growing back. So, I am kind of frustrated with ointments and want to try more natural cures.

Currently, trying to cure it at home. I've been trying apple cider vinegar soaks for the past few days and going to start applying it directly on the nail.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I saw some natural products here > https://toefungusjourney.com/natural-remedies-for-toenail-fungus/

Has anyone used any of these natural products or can attest that they work? I am thinking about picking up some organic essential oils.

I'm open to any suggestions!

Well I've done the apple cider vinegar soaks to make mine go away. It did take weeks. I did it for about 3-4 months, but the fresh nail that grew in was clear.

You could also start putting Vick's Vapor Rub on the toe. That is said to help a lot too.

At one time I had nail fungus on all 10 of my toes, tried everything. Finally when I lost one of my toenails I said enough is enough. I went to a foot doctor and he prescribed me Lamisil. I was on it for several weeks and had to go back to the foot doctor mid-way through the treatment to have my blood checked - this drug is hard on the kidneys - but I did well with it and all 10 of my toes are clear and have been for about 4 years now. Totally worth it. None of the home remedies work or the over the counter creams. Find a good doctor and get it taken care of.

At one time I had nail fungus on all 10 of my toes, tried everything. Finally when I lost one of my toenails I said enough is enough. I went to a foot doctor and he prescribed me Lamisil. I was on it for several weeks and had to go back to the foot doctor mid-way through the treatment to have my blood checked - this drug is hard on the kidneys - but I did well with it and all 10 of my toes are clear and have been for about 4 years now. Totally worth it. None of the home remedies work or the over the counter creams. Find a good doctor and get it taken care of.
Did you have any repercussions from taking Lamisil? I've read a lot about it and wondering if that is the route I have to take.

None at all, I felt fine during the time I took it and i'm fine now. They check your blood in the middle of the treatment to make sure your kidneys and liver are OK. I had no repercussions whatsoever. I fought toenail fungus for probably 7 years, tried everything and Lamisil was the only thing that worked.

I know someone who had minor liver damage from Lamisil so I didn't want to go that route. If you go on it, you are suppose to have blood work monthly to ensure your liver enzymes don't start to go up.

I know, that is what I did. The doctor had me come in half way through the time I was supposed to be on the meds and he tested my blood. Had it shown any signs on concern I would have stopped taking it.

Honestly, natural products did not work for me to clear up toe nail fungus so I went to the doctor and she prescribed Sporanox (another toe nail fungus medicine). You have take this for 3 doses and have have blood work done to make sure that your liver is fine. I felt great on it, my liver is perfectly fine; there were no changes to my liver enzymes. Oh and it cleared up the toe nail fungus (it's been 5 years). So you may have to get some medicine to help clear it up. Take care.

My DH had success with straight Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar applied several times a day with a cotton ball. He had been plagued with fungus issues for years and we were amazed how fast it cleared up (within a few weeks).

Braggs is the brand I was using! It did take me a few months, to get totally clear. I could see the new growth coming in, but to get all clear, it took a while to grow out.

i dont know if this was fungus. but was successful in using tea tree oil on two toenails that were yellow/hard. The nail would not grow, but eventually grow old and I could peel it off, and the new nail was below. Weird, I know. I read about tea tree oil, so gave it try. cotton swabbed every night and twice a day on the weekends. in addition I got a pedicure once a month. I was consistent with both. A year later, the toenails are normal, they look like my other toenails. . i believe the tea tree combined with pedicure assisted in curing my toe issues.

I had a fungus and I was obsessive about treatment and it went away. I applied the treatments multiple times throughout the day and soaked my toes morning and night.

I used the following:

Listerine: the original amber colored one
white vinegar
apple cider vinegar
tea tree oil

In the mornings and night, I soaked my toes in a mixture of Listerine and either of the vinegars.
During the day (even at work) I used a dropper and put both Listerine on my nails and tea tree oil. I was able to do this because it was during the summer months and I wore open-toed shoes. It is warm here through October.

Yup.
Worked. Took a few months.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.