Tell us about your STS results!

strength gains

I'm starting my 3rd wk of meso 4 today. I have to say there is one big difference I have to mention. When I was doing meso 2, I couldn't do boxing or kb after an sts upper body w/o. Now, I'm doing much heavier weights, and I can do it. I think that is incredible. I'm lifting the most I can and am not too sore the next day, this opens up all sorts of rotations I was limited to last meso cycle. Thanks Cathe!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Autumn

STS

I have been trying to lose baby weight for last two months...My body won't seem to let me drop the extra lbs. It seemed easier with my first child and I gained a lot more with her. I kind of think STS is makining me platue, I thought it was suppose to stop weight loss plataeus? Anyways any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

STS Results

I love STS both Strength and Cardio
The strength and cardio are truly a challenge.
Before STS size 18/16 Bra size 42
Mesocycle 2 Week 3 Disc 20
size 12/14 Bra size 38.
Results do it for me. I was truly a skeptic before, but results don't lie!
Thank you Cathe and Crew!

In Meso 1 - seeing results already

I had been 40 pounds overweight, lost it but my body fat was still around 25% and I felt flabby. I am 48 and decided I wanted to get in the best shape I could before turning 50.

Before STS I used the Muscle Max, Kick Max, leg, gluetes and some kick boxing videos from Ilaria Montagnani. I came across STS and liked the science behind the training and I really appreciate Cathe's training style. When I started STS I was at 24.8% body fat and today I am at 23.8% body fat. I just started week 3 and I love the tone, definition I am already seeing with this first meso cycle. My goal is 20% body fat and having this series as part of my training program has been awesome.

thanks,
Kate

I finished Meso 2 last week and am resting for Meso 3 to start next Tuesday. My strength gains have been awesome! I could just carry in the case of wine shipment from my wine club without even grunting. Couldn't do that for the last shipment 3 months ago. :)

Seriously, though, while my body is not the type to bulk up, my definition is great, my stomach is flatter than it's EVER been (finally jumped on the clean eating bandwagon) and there are absolutely no signs that my arms jiggle when I'm blowdrying my hair.

I've lost 12 lbs. in 2 months and 3 inches from my waist and hips.

Reaching new heights

My husband and I just returned from a 3 week climbing trip in the Dolomites of Northern Italy. As my husband's only climbing partner for this vacation, I knew I had to be strong, fit, focused and up for the challenge. After doing 2 rotations of the 3 1/2 month STS program, I was able to accomplish scaling many gargantuan spires, most requiring 3,000 vertical feet or more of ascent and descent! I felt empowered by my strength and endurance which enabled me to really tackle climbing's biggest obstacle...fear. There were several occasions where I was perched on a thin ledge with next-to-nothing for hand holds and a 1,500 foot drop below me. Not having to worry about whether my strength would give out, I could focus solely on wrapping my brain around the crux or climbing problem. I won't bore you with the names of the mountains, but most climbs were a 12 hour day and all were at least 13,000 feet at the top.

I feel so accomplished. My husband pushed the outer edge of the envelope on this trip and I rose to the occasion and it's all because STS gave me strength to do so. Cathe, thank you so much for a stellar fitness regimen. It will forever be a part of preparing for future climbing trips.

Attachments

• P1010071.jpg
    P1010071.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 164
  • P1010064.jpg
    P1010064.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 129
  • P1010076.jpg
    P1010076.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 125
Results!

I'm a 51 year old guy. Recently finished week 36 after 3.5 months. Started playing racquetball 2-3 times per week at the same time and added ab work. Went from 202 lbs to 185. 38 in. waist to 33. Stamina, endurance, energy all through the roof. I recommend this system all my friends who are still carrying around the spare tire. It works, and they can see that. The system takes the guesswork out of the training routine and keeps it interesting as well. I'm starting over at week 1 - at approximately 50% higher 1RM.

STS Results

I have lifted weights on and off for most of my adult life but this program has taken me to a whole new level. My husband and I both have been doing it since January 2011 and it just keeps getting better and better. I worried that we would burn out on it after the first two completions so for a couple of months this summer we just maintained by randomly picking a workout. We found that we missed the structure and started from the beginning again. We each can lift heavier that we ever have in our lives and my husband has been a very serious lifter through the years(I'm 50 and he's 53). We have turned our basement into a full out gym with all the weights and bars we need to do Cathe. How convenient it is to come home from work, change clothes and "hit the gym". No excuses. Not that we ever have a problem with doing Cathe. We are so addicted. I truly feel like I'm 30 years old again and can honestly call myself a bodybuilder because I have grown some serious muscles. I just need to lose about 10 pounds of fat to look awesome in a bikini. The added muscle is making it easier and easier. Did I mention that Cathe sts has given my husband and I something that we can do together and has truly brought us closer. He is so impressed at how much weight I can lift. It truly has changed our lives. I would love for her to make a new weight lifting series. She is truly the best in the industry.

Thanks Cathe.

I'm coming to the STS party late, but I just finished my first entire rotation (previously I had done individual mesocycles). My background is that I was experienced with Cathe and lifting, but I was coming off several months of slacking. I started in January as a way to get back into a regular workout routine and to assist my weight loss goals. Meso 1 was hard b/c I was out of shape. I did week 1 twice so that I could get acclimated to working out again. By the end of meso 1, though, I was rocking and rolling :) By the end of Meso 2, I was actually LIKING pull-ups :-O (a huge accomplishment for me). And I was really amazed at the amount of weight I could lift in Meso 3. I'd never before been able to lift anything heavier than 20 lbs for flat bench chest flys, but at the end of meso 3, I was doing sets with 25lb dumbells!!

So, as of today, in the middle of my final recovery week, I am down 21 lbs (halfway to my goal weight) with adding in liberal amounts of cardio (did cardio approx. 3x/week during Meso 1, but ramped up to every day during Meso 2 and Meso 3). I did not measure anything else other than weight, but I am down 2 clothing sizes. The amount and definition of muscle I now have is just amazing! I particularly noticed changes in my quads, calves, shoulders and chest. I feel much healthier and stronger. I'm looking forward to doing another round in the future (taking time off of heavy lifting for a bit and doing some circuit workouts). I particularly liked that each week was slightly different than the week before (with exercises, number of reps, etc) which made doing such a long rotation much more interesting (I don't think I can stand to do Tony again, lol!). Anyway, I hope that inspires someone else who needs a nudge to really consider this program. It's fabulous!!

I did fell worn out a lot. I wasn't able to add in as much cardio as I expected, mainly because I was just tired. I don't know whether this was me, personally, or the program took so much out of me.

I too am feeling EXTREMELY worn out doing STS, more so then when I did Insanity earlier this summer! I was starting to wonder if it was just me. I am about to complete the 1st week of Meso 2, but I have been trying to add in HiiT workouts recently to the end of the weight workouts because my goal is weight loss and not strength, per se; so far, I'm very discouraged with the lack of results (I have maybe lost a quarter of an inch in each calf, and that's maybe because one day it looks like my calves are under 15 inches, the next day they are more than 15 inches possibly due to water retention). I'm wondering given my fatigue if adding HiiT workouts at the end is such a good idea. Thoughts?

I too am feeling EXTREMELY worn out doing STS, more so then when I did Insanity earlier this summer! I was starting to wonder if it was just me. I am about to complete the 1st week of Meso 2, but I have been trying to add in HiiT workouts recently to the end of the weight workouts because my goal is weight loss and not strength, per se; so far, I'm very discouraged with the lack of results (I have maybe lost a quarter of an inch in each calf, and that's maybe because one day it looks like my calves are under 15 inches, the next day they are more than 15 inches possibly due to water retention). I'm wondering given my fatigue if adding HiiT workouts at the end is such a good idea. Thoughts?

Sherry,
I hope you can resolve your exhaustion issue! I feel bad for you that you're not getting what you wanted out of the STS program. Have you worked out with the intensity you're going after before? I finished STS about a month ago, and I was pretty whipped after each session with the weights. I did my cardio on the in-between days. I did HiiT, a step workout, and a "metabolic" type (like Afterburn) each week. Did you take a "NO WEIGHTS" recovery week between mesocycles? I realized how important they were for me mentally as well as physically. I also made sure I was getting 8 hours of sleep. I didn't lose weight during this period, but that was not my chief goal. I did get stronger and I learned many valuable techiques to apply to all my Cathe workouts. Are you restricting your calories in a way that is impeding your energy levels? I hope that others will chime in to your post; it will be interesting to get feedback from others that have completed STS.

Sherry,
I hope you can resolve your exhaustion issue! I feel bad for you that you're not getting what you wanted out of the STS program. Have you worked out with the intensity you're going after before? I finished STS about a month ago, and I was pretty whipped after each session with the weights. I did my cardio on the in-between days. I did HiiT, a step workout, and a "metabolic" type (like Afterburn) each week. Did you take a "NO WEIGHTS" recovery week between mesocycles? I realized how important they were for me mentally as well as physically. I also made sure I was getting 8 hours of sleep. I didn't lose weight during this period, but that was not my chief goal. I did get stronger and I learned many valuable techiques to apply to all my Cathe workouts. Are you restricting your calories in a way that is impeding your energy levels? I hope that others will chime in to your post; it will be interesting to get feedback from others that have completed STS.

Thank you for your response, Nancy. I am doing the STS/Shock Cardio rotation. I took the recovery week between Meso 1 and 2 (I did a lower intensity workout every other day during recovery week, no weights). So I am doing cardio between the weight days, but lately I have been adding a HiiT to the end of the weight workouts, since 3 days of cardio doesn't seem to be enough to lose the 10-15 lbs I want to lose.

I have been working out at high intensity for a while now but ever since starting STS, my energy levels are low. I eat around 1700-1900 calories per day (I weigh around 165). Yesterday for example, I did Power Max, a steady state step workout, but I had to take several rests whereas before I could do Intensity all the way through without stopping! I usually get around 7-8 hours per day, but lately I have been sleeping a lot on the weekends due to no energy. It's so frustrating!

Last edited:
I have very little energy for cardio during Meso #1 as well. It was much much better during Meso #2 and Meso #3. Have you noticed any improvement since starting Meso #2?

I have very little energy for cardio during Meso #1 as well. It was much much better during Meso #2 and Meso #3. Have you noticed any improvement since starting Meso #2?

Hello,

Unfortunately no, I don't see any changes in energy levels yet in Meso 2. Will be doing Disc 15 later tonight with the intention of adding on a HiiT after - assuming my energy holds out. I'm hoping whatever is sapping my strength/stamina will go away soon.

We've had a request to start and "sticky" a thread for people to post their STS results. We think this is a great idea and now that many of you are finishing their first round of STS we would like everyone to tell us about their results and what they think of the STS Program. (We will sticky this thread in a few days).
I have gotten more definition from Meso 3 and keep doing Meso 3 just to keep using the heavier weights. How can you continue to get results, if your using probably the heaviest weights you should without getting injured and still continue to make gains?

I have gotten more definition from Meso 3 and keep doing Meso 3 just to keep using the heavier weights. How can you continue to get results, if your using probably the heaviest weights you should without getting injured and still continue to make gains?
Keep on keeping on!!! It's working and mes 1 seems just more endurance oriented so I say go with it and congrats!!

Debk9,
If you really love M3, I can’t blame you for repeating it. Maybe mix in a week or two of STS Total Body done 2-3x to mix it up a bit, or Gym Styles, Slow & Heavy, etc. You might find the break will help with muscle endurance and perhaps contribute to some heavier lifts when you return to M3.

Will be finishing STS Meso 3 soon. What to do after I am thinking RWH as I love the shoulder workout and/or Xtrain. Also like Gym Style work outs. Any suggestions?

I finished STS 3.5 month rotation this spring and then went into the XTrain 90 day rotation. I am just finishing up week 8 today. I find this to be the perfect follow-up! Love it! Seamlessly keeping the results coming. XTrain is structured and progressive and so you continue to build both endurance and strength. Plus I find it has upped my cardio conditioning. And it's FUN! Lots of variety!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.