Support a soldier

eminenz2

Cathlete
Hey -

I found this really neat website for anyone who wants to send letters or care packages to a soldier in Iraq:

http://anysoldier.com/index.cfm

It seems really confusing but if you spend a little time on the webstie it really makes sense.

A soldier agrees to be a "contact" for anywhere from 5-25 soldiers. You read that soldier's posts, find out what they need (gum, t-shirts, DVDs, toiletries, etc.). If you decide to help out, you can get that contact's real military address and send stuff directly to them, and they will hand it out to their fellow soldiers, especially the ones who don't get any packages or mail from home.

The neat thing is you don't have to send anything but letters. And if you don't want to go through the trouble of making up your own care packages (which they give plenty of advice about what and what not to do), there is a link to a website that will do it for you - and deal with the military stuff, customs forms, etc.

I'm going to try it. The only thing I found confusing was the mail shipping dates, so I'm wondering if I should wait until after the holidays.

Susan L.G.

Very neat!! I'm sending all of my care packages to my wonderful brother who happens to be in the Army stationed in Iraq. ;-) It was so much fun getting together a box to send to him. All of my relatives each packed different things so he will have a big assortment of goodies & necessities. We were told us to have our packages mailed out by Dec. 4th, so I don't know if what you send would make it by the holidays. A little tip, get the Priority Mail box at the PO for $8.10 & then stuff as much as you can in it. ;-) Much cheaper that way!

Thanks. I'm going to check this out though it is too late to get anything thru for the holidays, the needs exist all year long.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.