STS (shock and awe!)

tslop49

Cathlete
I started sts to gain size and strength and boy it did not disappoint! I am SHOCKED at my results through meso 2 and in AWE of the science responsible for it! I wanted to gain 10 pounds of mostly muscle in the 12 weeks and have already surpassed my goal.I have gained 4"on my chest and 1.25" on my arms 2' on my quads and LOST 2" on my waist.I don't recognize some of my body parts!!(and that's good;)) I have put about 30-40 pounds on my bench and probably 10-15 on my barbell curl.I can do 13 pullups and 50 non stop pushups. I don't want to take a week off because I can't wait to get to meso 3!! Thanks Cathe for helping this old guy get back in shape and delay Father Time a little:(:( (PS do I have to take a week off??:(

I can't believe this popped up after all this time...sounds so corny now....sorry for the past "self promotion"!!

No need for apologies Tom! This is the best place to talk about your accomplishments, as it is a great source of inspiration for others on the same journey. So, may I now ask how you're feeling a year later?
I feel great. I have been doing Nia Shanks Simple Strength 2. I haven't had the hypertrophy yet I got with sts, but I have made gains in strength and the sessions were shorter. I would love to revisit sts again!! ( when I get my nerve up)!I retired from Dental practice but work a day or two a week in a prison. I have to get up pretty early and it's hard to get up early enough for a 90 min workout! Getting lazy in my old age haha!! Thanks for asking!

I haven't had the hypertrophy yet I got with sts, but I have made gains in strength and the sessions were shorter. I would love to revisit sts again!! ( when I get my nerve up)!

It is interesting to read this above. How long have you got to complete Nia's program?
Please keep us updated:p:cool:

I have read your original post and I have to say it did not come across as corny at all to me.

:DIn fact it made me laugh cause I know your comment was made on the spot, at the heat of the amazement.
There is no harm in letting your astonishment out of your thoracic cage:p. I agree with Carol, it is an accomplishment:):).
You worked hard for it and it workedo_Oo_O for the purpose you clearly wanted to gain --- Strength and Muscle Mass:eek:

Now I know some folks here think it is "politically not correct" for some to talk about personal accomplishment, I shall
utterly and politely agree to disagree with them:):);)

Hope you get your "nerve up" very soon, revisiting STS. I know you want your mass back:):)

Last edited:
It is interesting to read this above. How long have you got to complete Nia's program?
Please keep us updated:p:cool:

I have read your original post and I have to say it did not come across as corny at all to me.

:DIn fact it mad me laugh cause I know your comment was made on the spot, at the heat of the amazement.
There is no harm in letting your astonishment out of your thoracic cage:p. I agree with Carol, it is an accomplishment:):).
You worked hard for it and it workedo_Oo_O for the purpose you clearly wanted to gain --- Strength and Muscle Mass:eek:

Now I know some folks here think it is "politically not correct" for some to talk about personal accomplishment, I shall
utterly and politely agree to disagree with them:):);)

Hope you get your "nerve up" very soon, revisiting STS. I know you want your mass back:):)
Nathalie I have 2 weeks left on simple strength 2. Its a great program and I have not been able to do it justice. I simply haven't been able to eat enough and take in enough protein to grow!During sts I took in approx. 200 grams of protein a day but I have only been getting about 1/2 of that and cannot expect the same results!! I am down 20# from sts finishing weight due to lack of appetite and I am trying to force it. I will check this out in November and see if I can find some answers...thanks for defending my "self promotion" haha!

f the workout is a promenade to the park, It does NOT change!! So when you do not recognize a part of the skin you are in
It means, you have worked and BUILT:p:p:)---ha ha so why not promote having built a part lol

Oh I forgot to add, us hypertrophy enthusiasts do aim to BUILD lean muscle mass LMM;):eek: not FAT!!!
One can only shape/sculpt muscle, muscle and muscle not fat --- Just saying:):)
This make sense IMHO

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.