STS/ RwH

jcm

Cathlete
I finished doing 6 months of STS back in November and it finally got my body comp back to where it was (divorce and life drama took a toll for 2 years). Right now I'm 2 weeks into the month long Strong and Sweaty rotation, with the original plan of doing STS Meso 2 and 3 after. Now I'm wondering if i should get RwH and do that for 2 months instead. Understanding the science between STS is the shock part makes me wonder if my body would still be adapted to it, so RwH would be better? The second time I completed meso 2 was when my fiance and I noticed the biggest change in my body.

For the 6 months I did STS I also did 2 days of HiiT (40/20: 30/30 or pyramaid) and usually Afterburn on day 6.

Thoughts or personal experiences? I'm so thankful I bought STS when it came out years ago and pulled it back out when I found myself so out of shape!

I'm doing RWH now and it is tough but it is a solid program, you get in and you get a thorough workout. It also moves at such a pace that getting bored it not the problem, it's just getting through it.

After looking at it... seems like A LOT of plyo. Which I'm okay with in small doses but maybe not that much? Yikes

After looking at it... seems like A LOT of plyo. Which I'm okay with in small doses but maybe not that much? Yikes

Yes, there IS a lot of plyo, but the strength training workouts are SO worth it! I usually combine the RWH weight training with the RWH LIIT workouts, then substitute kickboxing for the HIIT workouts. For the lower and upper body RWH circuits, I will do the strength segments but jump on my elliptical or treadmill for the cardio blasts. There is always a way to make it work for you. :)

I have been doing ripped with Hiit and love it. there is a lot of plyo but it can be modified fairly easily I lower my step height,take a few extra pauses, lighten weight, lift moves instead of jumping,the low impact Hiit is great .there are lots of premixes which also make it doable .I definite would recommend this series .this is 2nd month for me and I have blended it with ice series rotation ,which is also great to learn more modifications and still getting great results .I also think there is a low impact rotation for ripped with Hiit and low impact series I might try that next

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.