STS Pyramid Results and/or sts 6 days/week

I read a bunch of old sts threads following a rotation of M1, M2, M3, M2, M1. Anyone who followed this, what were your results? Especially compared to the original rotation, if you've done both. Also, those who have done each disc 2x/wk? If you've done the 3.5 month and the 5.5 mon, what difference did you notice between them?

I am on my last week of 2lazy4gym's STS/Glute rotation and I'm very happy with it. I would like to continue and incorporate either using each disc 2x/wk for upper body and/or pyramid down. Alternatively, I was considering doing each week for 2 weeks.

For lower body, I plan to stick with 2L4G outline as that really changed my lower body results more than anything in decades of just Cathe (no disrespect, the woman is a goddess and my fitness hero!!! Her LB stuff just doesn't fit my body type as well as a blend of newer stuff out there...ie Bret Contreras!) I also have some Fitness By Julia routines I plan to include on LB days, I will continue with 1 day/wk of sts lower body as well.

I'm having way to much fun planning round #2!!!

Anyone have any n=1 results they'd like to share while I plan this rotation? Or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

ETA: for reference, I build UB muscle easily and store an extra layer of fat on LB (pear).

I've done the regular 3 months of STS and done pyramid style of 1,2,3,2,1 twice. I just finished the second round last week and I love it. When I go back and do 2 and 1 I increase the weight by 5% for every exercise. I'm sore pretty much every week. And my arms are ripped!

I get great results from the regular 3 months of STS as long as I am up-to-date on one rep max tests. I haven’t tried the pyramid style but find it intriguing. I’m on the last 2 weeks of meso 3, with new strength in my legs especially. I’m lifting more weight than I had believed I could. I do the squat rack not plyo too.

Ok, so I've done both the standard STS rotation and the pyramid. With the standard STS rotation I got results, but with the pyramid I got RESULTS!! Difficult to describe, but I think with the standard rotation it was easy to lose muscle strength and definition if I chose to move on to a different rotation. With the STS pyramid, I was able to maintain muscle strength and definition even if I chose to do a few metabolic/endurance based rotations.

Just wondering ... For those of you have done the squat rack version, what do use for a squat rack if you're working out at home? I'm maxing out with my barbell and weighted vest this go-around and am thinking I might need a rack for the next time I complete STS Meso 3. TIA

My son built me a simple rack out of 2x3s. I also use the vest because the whole weight is hard on my shoulders. I also added ankle weights to my wrists for some exercises. In the case of UB workouts and one arm rows, I draped 2.5 ankle weights over each end of my db to add 5#....my heaviest db is is 35#. At one point, I was using my ankle weights that go to 10# each on my wrists for additional weight. I can't afford to buy all new weights so, I improvised alot and, I'm really keeping my eye out at tag sales etc!!!

ETA - At some point, you really do need a rack for the squat rack part. Lifting the bar overhead with the max your legs can do just isn't possible.

My son built me a simple rack out of 2x3s. .....ETA - At some point, you really do need a rack for the squat rack part. Lifting the bar overhead with the max your legs can do just isn't possible.
Thanks ... you're certainly innovative! I'm going to check the internet for plans for a rack.

Based on others' recommendations here on the forum, I bought the Valor Fitness BD-9 Squat Stands (from Amazon) to use as a squat rack for meso 3. Bought them in 2016 and I've been happy with them.
I

Based on others' recommendations here on the forum, I bought the Valor Fitness BD-9 Squat Stands (from Amazon) to use as a squat rack for meso 3. Bought them in 2016 and I've been happy with them.
I
Hey thanks! I'll check them out.

I
Thanks!!! I'm now seriously considering those!!!

Ok, so I've done both the standard STS rotation and the pyramid. With the standard STS rotation I got results, but with the pyramid I got RESULTS!! Difficult to describe, but I think with the standard rotation it was easy to lose muscle strength and definition if I chose to move on to a different rotation. With the STS pyramid, I was able to maintain muscle strength and definition even if I chose to do a few metabolic/endurance based rotations.
By pyramid do you mean undulating rotation or do you mean doing STS M1,M2,M3, M2,M1?

Hi, str8shooter, I”m sorry I didn’t see your post sooner!
I did not do an undulating rotation, it was M1, M2, M3, M2, M1. In addition, I didn’t clarify this before but I repeated each week twice. So the first week of M1 I initiated all moves on the right side, then repeated M1 initiating all moves on the left side. I repeated this sequence for all Meso cycles. It took me a year to complete the rotation, but I promise you it was totally worth it!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.