STS Fit Chicks Wed Feb 25

pwmatt

Cathlete
Starting the ball rolling - Disc 11 is history!! No more upper body for a week!

Who's watching LOST tonight?

Morning Phyllis,

I get home tonight and back to STS Yes!!:D So disc 10 for me. I will be watching LOST....love that show.

Will let you guys know how I do tomorrow.

Enjoy the day.

Therese

Happy Wednesday!

Today is Disc 11 and SB abs. Watch me laugh, wobble, roll, and fall on the floor!:p I am still sore around the edges from disc 10. I printed my workout card this morn, and it all looks doable except the barbell row 21s. Those have got me every time thru Meso 1. Today it calls for 67#s. I don't think so. I can do some at that wt, but not 21!!!! In the past back workouts, I've been able to do about 14 at the prescribed wt, but the 21 just isn't happening. I can't quite find the magic number for these. Well, happy STS to all today. I'll probably be back later to report.

Nan

ETA: Before STS came out I asked SNM if I was going to have DOMS for 3 months. They told me no. I think they lied to me :)

Last edited:
Sorry I've missed posting! We had company over the weekend then my son got a horrible case of the stomach flu and barely left my side. He is home again today but is finally eating and should be back to school tomorrow. (He is 6 and in Kindergarden)

Today was disc 7. I died on the pushups. I can usually blast through most of them before dropping to the knees but I hit the dirt earlier than usual today. I think I am just overly tired, shortening my endurance. Oh Yah, those "Elmo" pushups on the ball....I was all over the place!

I have been so pleased with these workouts. The only thing I would have liked to be different would be to have several different stretches that really get the body part just worked. The Extended Stretch is good but not my favorite. I've actually put in Stretch Max or a stretch from Gym Styles to get the stretch I need.

Enjoy your day!
Terri

Good morning!! Last night I did disc 4 and my biceps and shoulders are sore but not my chest
I love lost but I am a couple episodes behind I am saving them for our drive to north carolin a...
Tracy

Hello girlies! Well DH and I are doing Disc 10 tonight. We did RS last night and both looked like drowned rats. :) I truly love this series. I have dropped 7 lbs and my clothes are definitely loose. We also cut out a TON of extra calories. No more creamer, no more fake sugar, no more soda, no more sweets. I use honey in my coffee and couldn't feel better. :) Hope all of you are loving this series as much as we are! Later taters!

Last edited:
I did disc 9 today (legs) OMG!! I was so fatigued everytime I squatted or lunged I didn't think I would be able to get up. Towards the end I felt more fatigue than burning sensation. Is that weird/normal? The bonus leg section was really hard, I had a hard time with the discs.

Then I tried to do bodymax 2 (step only) after. I couldn't do it with even 1 riser, I had to use just the topper:p.

chrissy

Hey All!

I did DISC 11 today, Back & Triceps. 70% RM's! Oh my! Definitly pushing it this week with the weight. Some I did and struggled, some I didn't even attempt (17.5 for kickbacks? I think NOT!... I did 15#'s and barely made it!). Got some good burning in. I felt really tired/pooped out on the pull ups/chin ups.

i did the extended stretch after too. I was wishing there were more different stretches too. This one is ok, but there's some stretches I miss, like Downward Dog would feel so good after extended child's pose, etc. And I don't think my back and triceps get stretched out so much on these. good leg stretching though.

For some reason my LEGS are sore today. I did RS yesterday!?! Weird.

Therese: I'm happy you're home and get to get back to STS! You must be missing it alot!

Chrissy
: I think my legs have definitely felt more fatigue on the 2nd and 3rd week of leg workouts. My hips have been really sore too. not sure if that has anything to do with anything!!!

Melissa: Great job on the weight loss! That's fantastic!!! You must feel great!

LOST is one show I never got into. But I'm "into" just about everything else! Tonight is Biggest Loser and American Idol for me!!! :eek:

Hey Chris...I have been having leg soreness too days after the leg workout...weird! Yesterday when we did RS, my quads were on fire! :) Keep up the good work. I can't believe DH and I are on the last week of Cycle 1. WE HAVE NEVER MADE IT through a rotation, EVER! :)

Crissy...your post was HILARIOUS! :) DH and I did that workout on Sunday and we were both wasted. :) My DH's inner thighs were so sore he wanted to cry (but a manly cry). :)

Hey Chris...I have been having leg soreness too days after the leg workout...weird! Yesterday when we did RS, my quads were on fire! :) Keep up the good work. I can't believe DH and I are on the last week of Cycle 1. WE HAVE NEVER MADE IT through a rotation, EVER! :)

There was a lot of lower body stuff in RS, with all the squat moves! Maybe that was it!

Chris, I find myself wishing for different stretches also. Today I did the stretches from GS back and then GS chest. I just needed something different. Also, the extended stretch is sooo long. I end up doing parts of it.

I think that STS is working lots of muscles that we aren't used to using and that is why we have strange soreness. I think I've been sore everyday since we started - somewhere on my body!

Can I change my mind on the hardest disc? I think its 11. Holy STS, Batman!!! I need to go shower and wash my hair, but I don't think my arms are going up that high. My tri's are fried. I did both sets of BB row 21s!!!!!! These have been giving me big time troubles. The workout card said 67lbs for today. I did 65lbs, but got them all out. A little shaky on the last couple, but I got them all:):):):):) And those drop sets at the end? WTH was that?!?! I was almost wishing for death. But I'm done, and heck it was fun!

Nan

Good evening,

I agree that it would be nice to have some variety in the stretches, although I do enjoy the extended stretch. Like you, Phyllis, I sometimes do only parts of it .

Nan, congrats on the BB rows! I know you were a bit worried about them. I did disc 11 yesterday, and today my triceps and upper/mid back are sore... which rarely happens.

Today was a 40min iTread. It felt really good to push myself on the treadmill.

Good night, all.

Michelle

Okay I spoke toooo soon..my chest is on fire...DOMS set in big time..yikes
Tonight I did butts and guts and ab circuit no weights
Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.