STS first time!

I know I don't have the correct form either. When I squat, my knees tend to hurt so I don't press down hard and lean forward slightly.:confused:
I have the same problem of forgetting my copouns at home. My coupon pouch is the slimmest it has ever been. I still clip, but so infrequently shop at my local supermarket that sometimes I don't bother to clip them.
We had temps in the 20s today! I had no idea to expect that! All day the finest teeniest flurries were coming down. So pretty.
Hmm, which workout first:D!

Yay Betty!!!! Glad you got them. I'm anxiously awaiting. Can't wait to hear how you like them. The Facebook crew is very happy so far :)

Jean Pharmacies have the best savings. I love CVS and Walgreens. That lady did awesome!!! I clip and use :) I went to Target today and got my favorite Glade candles buy 3 get 1 free. Then I had $3 in coupons, 15% off with cartwheel and 5% off with my redcard :) That's $1.20 each :)

Carolyn My form is off too. How can someone squat without leaning a bit forward?! Crazy!

Mary Squats must have a super particular form. I'm convinced I'm doing them wrong too after what I've read.

I did Flextrain this morning before B got up. Then we went to The Blast. It's a system of tunnels and slides and such. Fun time crawling around and exploring. A mini workout too.

Dh is giving ds a bath now. Just finished putting laundry away. These muffins are in the oven and smell amazing. Hope they taste good!
0f537c6726e8be7c40b7639029266736.jpg
fff61141d7fd970385102db4fb80b195.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmm, those sound good,Marie! It would give me a good excuse to buy almond flour and acv, both of which are great for you. But. I might skip carrots And cloves, and have to buy and ripen bananas (been avoiding them for the bugs). Not to mention I can make ricciarelli again.
I just practiced in an unrushed way. It felt great. I'm learning Pachelbel's Canon in D. So beaoootiful.

Oh how I wish I could hear you play Betty. I used to do homecare for a patient and her and her whole family played the piano...so lovely! I loved going to her concerts!

The muffins were awesome!!! I may have to have another :) I skipped the cloves.

What's ricciarelli? Italian? I'll Google it :)

Yup, I had some in Italy! Insert slurping emoticon. Hello, Cathe forum--we need more emoticons!!!
I could maybe add the leftover cacao nibs!
Ok, I'm in bed reading.
Talk tomorrow.

Ooh, Jean, have you tried it? The only problem is I don't have yeast in the house. Easy to remedy though. I love the smell of doughiness! Does yeast expire? I have some that you don't want to know how old.:confused:
Rain today. Make that possibly all week. In other words dark and no sun--depressing.

Carolyn, we're thinking of you today. Good luck in your appt and let us know.

Missy, I hope you've passed the worst of it.

Hello....I'm alive...barely....I rested sunday....got up enough energy to make it to the barn....but then I cane right back home. U went to work yesterday and when I got home I cooked dinner and went to bed and watched tv....exhausted.....today I'm at work...and I'm tired....its upper respiratory. ...I can barely talk...very horce. ...massive chest congestion....

But....I got my new dvds....I so want to do them...but u know I can't at the momwnt...

Carolyn...hope the shot goes well....

Be back later.....

Wow, school cancellation already! Crazy! Here it has been raining cats and dogs all day with sweeping winds, but at least it is in the mid-40s.
I opened the RWH envelope last night. Love the graphics. At some point I need to print out the guide but not until they give the go. I'm not the type to rip open stuff and jump in. Things sit for a bit first.
Jean, thanks for that. I'll do the test. It's probably dead.
Left work early to take ds to piano. Now I must make soup.

Carolyn, your lunch with dh sounded nice, as did the kids' activity. Do you know that I never knew to make one with my kids?? Sad.
I hope this takes care of your pain. What a 'pain' she didn't have time to talk to you!:mad:
I am making a Trader Joe's 17-bean soup mix, which they don't carry any more so I added the components myself. We have been eating way too much meat and I feel guilty.

Hi everyone, I woke late. 9 mins. ( Whoever decided the length of an alarm snooze should be 9 mins anyway?:D) Hence I did AOLIH minus the disc work, plus BS Sh. It is just so dark in the morning!
Carolyn, what a cute scenario in the waiting room. So sweet. Like you, I always want to comment, then self-edit. You should have talked to your twin! How great it'd be to commiserate. Ignore the nurse. She's jealous.
Wanted to mention what an amazing person Gordon Ramsey is. I've probably watched him in a lot more tv than you guys (he was so good in the UK versions of some of his shows) and the glimpses he gives, he is so attractive inside. He is such a British charmer and natty dresser too!

Perhaps this question has been asked before. I just got my STS and ready to do my 1RPM tests, do you do all of the 5 star exercise in one day? Otherwise, how do you group them? Upper/Lower? Thank you.

Yingxingz, have you seen this post from SNM: http://cathe.com/forum/threads/1rm-test-so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it.256297/?
Do as many as you can. Calculating the 1RM ended up being my exercise for the day. I recall it took several days to do most of them.
I would say look at the exercises for Disc 1 and then calculate them, then go to Disc 2, etc. That way you won't come across one you haven't done when you start STS.
Good luck.
Betty

Last edited:
Carolyn, we watched the Malibu vineyard episode last night--wasn't that place gorgeous?! When I hear Malibu, I only think beaches and shoreline. Who knew there is such beauty inland? This place is prettier than the Napa one we attended for the July wedding. The right kids stayed on (I love the 8 and 9 yo girls!). Unfortunately, it seems the oldest ones might win because in this case, age makes a HUGE difference! I'm not keen on the oldest boy.
In his UK shows, Gordon Ramsay has a knack for handing out negative feedback in such a positive way. If I allow myself to think about it, I could just fall for him!:D. His clothes must be custom-tailored.

I just watched it. I can't remember the line but he is snooty! The whole season he stood the same way with his nose up in the air.
I absolutely love Abby! I want a daughter like her! I like Adaiah too. I wanted her to win.
I can't wait to see the parents of all the kids! The kids are so phenomenal (to use Gordon's word) and, oh, what confidence!

Jean, I bet your house smells divine! Oh would I love some right now!
You don't get Netflix streaming? If you do, that's where Black Mirror is and the UK Gordon Ramsay shows are.
Doing my OP and heading up to bed for early(ier) bedtime. Phew, this darkness, unending rain, and two jobs are sapping the life out of me!:D I better be careful not to be caught unaware with a cold!

Hi all! Did I check in yesterday?! Can't remember. Workout today was Circuit Blast. Yesterday was Low Max :) All 69m...man that was long but fun.

School for B today. He did SO good with separating. I was so proud. He was eating his snack and I said ok mama is going to go now. He said ok bye bye. When I got back he gave me the biggest hug and said I missed you mama. Awww melt my heart!!!!

Went to my niece's bball hand this evening. She made two baskets :) and they won :)

Betty Dh loves Black Mirror. He watches it after I'm in bed but he wants to rewatch it with me.

Carolyn Glad you got your walk in. I want rain. We have icy weather. I agree with Betty...ignore the nurse. I always think about stuff like that before I speak. The other way around too. If I'm up five pounds or so and not feeding good about wearing a swimsuit I would never say to someone bigger than me something like oh I am not I'm shape enough to wear a suit. Everyone should be able to feel comfortable in their own skin but when people make remarks like such it's hard to.

Jean I love making cookies...I like the dough more than the actual cookies though. I wonder how bad it really is to eat raw eggs?! I mean come on, Rocky did it. Have fun at the social :)

Missy Hope you're feeling better!

Good morning. Dark, raw, damp. Repeat.
I burned the last bit of my millet last night while practicing so today I'm eating Kashi. What a dummy. I swear I'm going to burn this house down one of these days. I knew the flame was on but didn't account for the water cooking off so fast.
Carolyn, did you read the newsletter article about the leg length discrepancy?
Marie, ew, the dough!:D I'm not into that.
But omg I LOVE what B said to you!
Did dh just start Black Mirror?
69 mins--I'm so jealous!!!
And, no, you didn't check in with us. It was the Betty and somebody else show. (No guilt:D)
Jean, 3 cookies=1 workout. Send care packages to all of us:D.
Missy, you better?

Last edited:
Betty I still have to try millet. I'm sure I'd like it. I really can't think of a food I don't like haha. Ok mussels are not my thing. Our weather is dark too. I'm already dreaming of long summer days. Yup dh just started BM....bowel movement haha....ok nurse mind. He's watched the third episode last night.

Dh didn't have school till ten today because of it being a test day so he got up early with b and I got to sleep till nine. Very rare occasion...felt great!

Snuggling right now as he watches Curious George. Swimming lessons soon.

I have a market research thing from 1-3. It's about holiday shopping displays. $150/2h...I'll take that ;) I love when I qualify for them :)

I'm assuming no workout because as I've mentioned, if it doesn't happen early then it doesn't.

Have a great day everyone!

Lol (first time I'm ever using this--I hate it but nothing is as accurate to convey the feeling). I still remember my medical terminology from some odd 25-30 yrs ago! Test me;) But I can't remember for the life of me what your dh is studying, Marie.
I love mussels!
What a bonanza that mkt research thing is! Sign me up!

Could I go for some cookies right now!

It is raw, damp, flurrying occasionally.

Carolyn, you are on a roll for your Xmas gifts. How fab! This house has nothing Christmasy out yet. Not a thing. Well, except for one teensy handtowel.
I used to forget after I hid the gifts too!
Anything to report on your shot and pain?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.