STS DEAL OF THE DAY!!!!!

Nancy, so Kikster starts right after you finish the "regular" 3.5 month rotation? It seems like a great idea to keep going with it through the summer! It must be fun too to see how much strength you've gained - especially when you get back down to M1.

And thanks for your sample recover week. I'm definitely going to file that away for future reference. :)

Toni and Pam,

I got it! And my order status still says "processing." So maybe yours have shipped as well.

Happy dance!

Dawn

Sorry....just getting back to this thread. I did get my shippment notification. Looks like it will be here tomorrow, which is really quick!!

I won't be starting on Monday. I am leaving on vacation in the middle of June, so it's not a good time to start. Also I want to get some type of squat rack and the slanted risers for my step. That's quite a bit of an investment still left for me to make and I need to spread it out a bit. I may not actually start until August when all the craziness of summer dies down.

I also want to take some time to figure out the Workout Manager and this 1RM thing. Both of which have me baffled right now...LOL. STS seems very technical so I want to spend some time reading the book as well. Luckily, I have so many Cathe DVDs that I haven't really experienced yet it's ok. I just found Cathe in March of this year and I'm loving ALL her stuff. She's causing me to go BROKE!!! But it's worth it :)

That makes complete sense about not starting. The program really needs to be timed perfectly, doesn't it? The good news is that you have it in hand and you can always feel good about the great deal you got! :)

Understood about the monetary investment to do this properly! Hey just a quick thought - might you consider a bench instead of the step risers? For the same cost you can get an inexpensive one. Mine is the Cap Barbell Fitness FID Bench - it was only $50! Just a thought. It's really comfortable!

Dawn--I bet you will get your package today. Step-N-Motion was the place that charged my plastic for my Cathe's order. I should have mine before Monday also.

Thanks for help in starting with the 1RM testing. I am going to get going on it today. I think I am going to go with the 3.5 months as well, as I have had troubles staying with a set routine for more than a month. So, I can't see myself doing 6 months! But I am also doing a lot of landscape work on my new house this summer. As I live in mountains (Colorado) that means carrying a lot of rocks and logs, usually uphill ;=)). I don't want to overdue it. So, I guess I will just listen to my body and switch if I have to.

Nancy--Great to hear how you are using STS beon the initial time.

Pam

P.S. I started writing this hours ago, but work interfered and I never got it sent. Dawn--hopefully you have your package now.

Nancy, so Kikster starts right after you finish the "regular" 3.5 month rotation? It seems like a great idea to keep going with it through the summer! It must be fun too to see how much strength you've gained - especially when you get back down to M1.

And thanks for your sample recover week. I'm definitely going to file that away for future reference. :)

Dawn,
The Kikster IS the 3.5 month rotation with M2 and M1 added on. It's listed in the Workout Manager under the Rotations tab if you ever want to download it ;).
Are you still doing your HAPPY DANCE over your arrival of STS???? I just couldn't stop looking at the guide and planning out my 1RM schedule...FUN!!!:D

My package came today!!!! I am doing a Happy Dance too!!! We don't have home delivery here and I only went to the PO as I needed to mail a package. So glad I did! I sat outside the PO and looked through the book. Got some strange looks, but I didn't care.

Do you Nancy or Dawn have a squat rack? I have Cathe's 2 weighted vests (10# and the adjustable one), which is an option to not using a squat rack for STS. My equipment has already outgrown the closet I store it in, so the rack would be out in the living area. Not real terrible and I know most of the racks can be taken apart if not going to use for awhile.

Pam, great news on getting your package! Yay! Speaking of the book, now that you have it - that big printout of exercises I told you about is right in the back of the book.

Wow - sounds like this is your summer to get in shape - with all the landscaping and STS - you'll be smokin' ! :)

Funny you mention the squat rack - we are in the middle of conversation about them over in the "Ask Cathe" forum under the thread "Is the Turbo Tower Gone Forever". We are discussing squat stands which might work well for you because they look relatively portable. Check out that thread.

Nancy, thanks for the information about the Kikster. What's nice is that it seems like is something you can decide to do as you get closer to the end of the program. Yes, still dancing! :)

Dawn--Thanks for referal to the rack thread. It had some good info and I think I will order the one being recommended. Also previewing Disk One last night, found I will need incline risers for my step (as I will be using it as bench). But I am going to start anyway Monday! How did you like working out to Disk One? Great feeling to start, I bet!!!

Pam, I too ordered those squat stands! I think they'll work well.

Actually, I didn't start yet. I was just playing around with my signature. I start Monday right along with you!

I don't see too many others chiming in that they are starting this month so perhaps we should jump over to the "What have I gotten myself into" thread per Natasha's suggestion. There are a few ladies in there who are just a few weeks ahead of us - I bet we could learn a lot from them! :)

Hi Dawn--I like your suggestion of joining "What I have gotten myself into" thread. I am sure we would learn a lot from them. I am looking forward to Monday!

Pam

My package came today!!!! I am doing a Happy Dance too!!! We don't have home delivery here and I only went to the PO as I needed to mail a package. So glad I did! I sat outside the PO and looked through the book. Got some strange looks, but I didn't care.

Do you Nancy or Dawn have a squat rack? I have Cathe's 2 weighted vests (10# and the adjustable one), which is an option to not using a squat rack for STS. My equipment has already outgrown the closet I store it in, so the rack would be out in the living area. Not real terrible and I know most of the racks can be taken apart if not going to use for awhile.

Pam, HOORAY FOR YOUR DELIVERY!!!!!! I was just like you; pouring through the book and grinning :p!!!! I don't have a squat rack but I do have Cathe's 12-20# adjustable vest (this was a Godsend during Gym Styles!). I was also going to see if The Turbo Tower would work (with my DH nearby to offer emergency assistance if needed for the test round!). I, too, am spilling into the living room with my toys! I think the best option is to just get rid of all the furniture! If someone wants to sit down they can use my step! Heck, they can even recline back with the slanted risers, right?;)

Nancy, how is your vest holding up? Any problems with it leaking at all?

"They can even recline back" = funny!!! LOL! :D

Nancy, how is your vest holding up? Any problems with it leaking at all?

"They can even recline back" = funny!!! LOL! :D

My vest is holding up REALLY well! It doesn't leak at all and the velcro fasteners are still intact :). I love the fact that the little weights that you add are sand and not metal. I have some ancient ankle weights that have 1/2 pound metal rods that you insert up to 5 pounds and those things really tear up the material and dig in to boney parts of the ankle :(. I'd love to have a pair of ankle weights that used little sand bags instead!

Oh good to hear that about the vest! It's been something I wanted for a while now - may have to bump that up the list.

They have so many different kinds of ankle weights now - I would imagine ones with sand are available somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for you. Metal rods hitting ankles doesn't sound like fun at all! :eek:

Pam, so did you start today??! :) I did!

So far it's everything I hoped it was going to be and more!

I was a little slow in switching the weights and learning the next exercise (I used the remote a little more than intended I'm sure!) But that's my own fault as I didn't watch the DVD first. If I had done that - I'm sure I would have saved so much time! So, lesson learned..

I just love how there are so many unique exercises that target the muscles from so many angles. I loved the music and Cathe is just so likeable in it (not that she isn't always ;)).

I can't wait for Disk 2!

Happy Monday everybody!

Dawn--I started today also. It was a fun workout! A few of the weights #s were off, and I also used the remote some. I am going to organize the weights and other equipment differently nx time, so it should go more smoothly. I am looking forward to Disk 2 and esp Disk 3 for legs.

I have never push it on upper body exercises, so this is going to be great! I am going to do extra pushup workouts on the weekends. I struggled with those today.

Nancy--After you talked about the other ways of using STS. I looked at those and I'm excited to try those nx (after a short break), as I think STS is really going to work for me to built up body strength.

Yay Pam, I'm glad we're in this together.

I'm so glad you said that about a few weight #'s were off. I found that too. One of them was WAY too high. I was wondering to myself "what were you smokin' when you were calculating THAT 1RM?" :) !

You're like me - trying to figure out what to do after STS - and here we are only on day one! But I'm guessing that's a good thing!

What are you going to do tomorrow? I'm going to try Cathe's Basic Step for the first time. My goal is to get her step cardio routines down - we'll see how that goes as I'm definitely choreography-challenged.

Enjoy!

Well have to be honest, I have not done the 1RM for legs, yet. At least I will do the ones for Disk 3 and can finish the rest up Sunday. I recently got Cathe's Cardio Supersets (part of the Low Impact Series), which is nice blend of exercises & cardio. I will do a premix of about 30 minutes before doing the leg 1RM.

My understanding is even though weights are used in cardio day, at long as you stay lite, it still allows your body to recover from the heavy weight exercises done the day before. In your Step workout & the one I am doing, the goal is ready cardio, not strength building. Lite wieghts help to get your heart rate, but don't exhaust the muscles. Should also help to build endurance.

I have 2 left feet! I use to get frustrated when I couldn't get all of the steps. Now, if I get lost or tired of trying to follow the DVD, I just make up my own. Cheating? But at least I don't quit.

What are you doing for an AB workout? Today I did one from Cathe's AB Circuit where you use a medicine ball.

I'm on Meso 2 of my second round of STS. I liked it so much that I created a Meso 4. I did the plyo legs with Meso 3, so I used the squat rack routines and added my own strength building, upper body workouts using our cable gym. I do think that the equipment changes of Meso 1 are sometimes too quick, but I can usually keep up if I read through the list of exercises and my weights just before I push play. I also do the initial 1RMs in a certain order so I don't fatigue muscle groups in order to get an accurate 1RM. Overall, STS is pretty awesome and any user will absolutely feel the results!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.