STS BODYROCKERS MONTH OF FEBRUARY

Good Morning. :)

I debated posting here this morning considering it's the weekend and you girlies have been MIA on weekends lately. :p

No work out to report yet. Too early on a Saturday for that! :eek: Not home yet anyway...spent the night at DH's cousin's house dog sitting. If the storm hadn't come we wouldn't have stayed but it would have been tough to travel between the two houses to take care of the dog during a snow/ice storm.

Storm seems to be over...we got dumped on pretty good! DH is outside shoveling or we'll never get outta here to go home! :eek:

I have an 11am appointment to intern today but I told the guy it was weather permitting when I made it. I guess our ride home will tell us if the weather "permits" it or not but some how I doubt it. :(

Wiggie:: I personally don't find torture sessions like the ones in Insanity or Asylum to be FUN. LOL I term them as CHALLENGING. I do them when I want to get my azz kicked all over the place but they aren't FUN.:eek: No way! :p Love your reasoning as to why I feel like I'm slacking when I don't finish all of the reps in a ZCut work out! Makes sense to me! ;)

K, that's all for now...I'll BBL to check on y'all but if I don't see anyone here I may not post until Monday though...

Ciao!:cool:

Hello beauties!

Look! I'm posting on a weekend. :eek: :eek: :eek: Aren't ya proud of me Wendy? :p;)

I rested yesterday (thank goodness, it was much needed) and I haven't worked out yet today. But I will, I promise. :) I'm starting Meso 3 today and I think the first workout is Chest and Back. I'm a little nervous because DH isn't here to spot me, but I think I'll be okay.

Wendy: I've been thinking about you! I can't believe your area is getting hit yet again but another power storm. Be extra careful driving home. Hopefully you've got power!! Have fun interning today, if that happens of course. Yikes, that Asylum workout sounds crazy tough. WTG girlie!!

Wiggie: Good luck selling STS! I know all of those websites can be confusing. Great job surviving Afterburn. I'm looking forward to getting back to circuit-style workouts after I finish up STS.

Just popping back in to report I completed my workout - Meso 3, Disc 25 (chest/back). Felt fantastic!! The long breaks kill me, so I did abdominal workout during each break. Well, not every single break, but probably about 2/3. The ab work makes the workout go by faster, plus it kicks up my heart rate so i'm sweating like crazy.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!!

OMG...It's a miracle...It's a Saturday and KATIE POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::D;):p

:D:D:D:D:D:D:DLOLOLOLOLOLOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So I am going to be venturing on to a new rotation come Monday morning that I hope I don't regret. :p The Asylum 1 and 2 hybrid!!!:eek:

Today I will do A2's leg work out b/c I want to work legs anyway and this way I can try it out. I was told A1 is a harder series then A2. That intrigues me and I want to see if I agree so the hybrid rotation is a great way to find out...if it doesn't kill me first, that is!!! :eek::rolleyes::p

This morning when we returned from DH's cousin's house, the boys went sledding and I cleaned the house, did some laundry, ate lunch and promptly passed out. I was sooo tired from not getting enough sleep last night. :( I ended up sleeping too long though so now I'm chugging coffee so I can get my arse in gear for my work out!

Katie:: Great job getting your first M3 work out done and adding ab work to the rest periods too? You rock! :) Also happy that you didn't get stuck underneath a heavy barbell with DH not being home! :eek: We got snow here (probably 10"??) but not nearly the amounts that came down north of here! Some parts of the northeast about 2.5 feet!!!!:eek: 10" was enough to cancel my intern appointment though so we have to work on rescheduling that soon....

Okay, enough yammering on here...I'll BBL to report how painful my Shaun T. leg work out was! :eek:

Ciao!:cool:

Last edited:
Hello Ladies!! :cool:

Friday's workout was Combat 60 Live & Saturday's was Shape it Up. My thighs were burning during both, love it!!:eek: That's exactly were I need to feel the burn. :p

Wendy: So glad you survived the storm!! I'm sure you weren't the only one that didn't make it to the gym that day! So you got Asylum 1 & 2, let me know if you like A2. If you do I might have to get that one. :D

Katie: Great job on M3!! Ab work during the break, I used to feel like I neede to do something also. Sometimes I would ride my bike during the breaks, not all the time though.

Happy Sunday!! :)

Today's workout so far was Step & Intervals from CTX. I should of added a second riser, to make it tougher. We didn't go to church today, DH wasn't feeling well. :)

Hello Again!!;)

I decided on 10-10-10 as my second workout, just the cardio. I haven't done that one in a while, the hi-lo was so tough for me.:confused: No problem now, not saying it's easy just much easier than it was in the past. I was much heavier then, I guess that made the difference. That's incentive to never go there again.:rolleyes:

See you Monday!!:D

Good Evening Wiggie!

I see you were talking to yourself today! :p lol Nice work outs!

So I hoped to do a long yoga work out today but I ran out of time so I squeezed in the 25m stretch routine tonite from Asylum instead.

Tmrw I officially begun my A1 &A2 hybrid rotation. I hope I survive it! :O Is two months long but my goal is just to do half of it. I think that will be enough for now. : )~

Have a great night. Bb tmrw...probably at lunch time! Ciao! :)

Last edited:
Morning gals.

Yesterday's workout was Drill Max Premix #1 (just the cardio segments) + medicine ball abs. This morning's workout was Disc 26 (plyo legs) + abs. Both workouts went smoothly, and I worked up an excellent sweat. This is my officially my "bulk" month too, so i'm cutting down on my cardio a bit and upping my calories. It's going to be rough i'm sure... :eek::eek::eek:

Wendy: Ooohhh i'm liking the sound of this Asylum hybrid. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Is Asylum mainly cardio? Or is there a strength component? I'm sure you are going to rock that rotation. Have you been playing any in the snow???? ;):)

Wiggie: Congrats on the improvements in your cardio capacity! Little changes that like provide much needed fuel to keep chugging along this fitness road. Is DH feeling any better? There has been so much sickness going around lately. :confused:

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

Well day 1 of the A1/A2 hybrid rotation is done! Got up and did A2 XTrainer this morning as planned! YIKES! :eek:

Katie:: Nice work outs for you ofcourse! I gotta tell ya girl...IDK how you tolerate "bulking". :confused: I would be sooo darned miserable, I can't even tell you!!!! :(:mad::eek: Kudos to you for being able to handle it! Yes, Asylum has weight work in it as well as cardio. In fact, tmrw calls for the Strength dvd from A1! ;) Nope, I haven't played in the snow but my DS and DH sure have! They went sledding twice! :D

K, BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Good morning Ladies!! :cool:

Monday's workout was the first Addicted to Sweat dvd. I liked it, when I was younger I loved to dance, so this was fun for me. There are 4 dvds in the set, 2 are dance, the other 2 are functional training, 1 uses towels, the other a chair.

Wendy: Yeah, I was talking to myself,:D now I know how you felt!! :p Great job on A1 strength, I like it because it's different.

Katie: DH is feeling better, so sweet of you to ask. I haven't done Drill Max in a while, it used to be a favorite of mine. Hmmn, I need to revisit that one.

Have a great day Ladies!! :)

Hello Ladies. :)

I forgot to mention that I did Off Day Stretch from A2 last night. I needed it since I have put yoga on the back burner for now due to lack of time...:( It felt great and was effective. I like the stretch routines from both Asylums and will use them often during this rotation. Shaun T. seems to have the knack for putting together a good stretch. The stretching that is included in Insanity work outs is good too but the "recovery" work outs in that series were too intense for their purpose IMO so I rarely did them. I would have preferred something more along the lines of the Asylum stretches. They are good but they are a definite work out that I was often too sore to do well.

Wiggie:: Glad you enjoyed the first of your new Madonna dvd set. Does it come with a pre-written rotation? I know you won't follow it :p but I was just curious. LOL Yep, my thoughts exactly on Strength. It's definitely different. It's strength. It's endurance. It's cardio. It's exhausting. I loved it! :D

Hi Katie!

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Punch class done!! Whew, I sweated like crazy. I found it particularly difficult tonight. It didn't help that I got a tetanus shot this morning and my shoulder/arm is rather sore. Eek!!

I'm checking in from my phone, so I'll postpone personals until tomorrow. Im looking forward to chatting with you lovely ladies! Enjoy your evening. :)

Great job with a sore arm during punch class Katie! Why did you need to get a tetanus shot??

I just finished doing A1 "Relief". That's the third evening in a row that I've done an Asylum Stretching routine. Love it! I probably won't do one tmrw unless I'm really hurtin' but hope to do one again on Thursday night!!!:)

Looking forward to killin' A1 Speed and Agility tmrw morning (if it doesn't kill me first!:eek:) as it's next up on the rotation! Oh and the agility ladder that I ordered from Amazon is on it's way! WOOT! :D

Hiya!!

My arm is still very sore, so I opted for yoga this morning - Yoga Max. Of course I slept in and didn't have time to do an "added" 5-6 minute warmup, so while I enjoyed the routine, I didn't love it. That extra warmup makes all the difference for me when it comes to yoga. I find when my muscles are warm I can move easier through the yoga poses and it makes the routine much more enjoyable. Back to STS tomorrow!

Wendy: Soooo did you survive A1 Speed and Agility?? I'm sure you kicked butt, as usual. ;) I'm excited to hear Asylum's stretching routines are da bomb. I love stretching in general, and am always on the hunt for a relaxing but effective stretch DVD. You can only do Stretch Max so many times, IYKWIM. :) I had a general physical yesterday, and my physician recommended the tetanus shot with a whooping cough booster. Apparently, whooping cough is making a come back. :confused: I find bulking to be difficult, but needed for my body. If anything, it helps re-set my metabolism. I got to the point where I was eating next to nothing and not loosing weight. :( Notice i'm only doing a mini-bulk (30 days). That's about all I can take. Even though i'm toying with a 60 day bulk next Christmas. We will see! :)

Wiggie: Hello Ms. Mooving-And-Grooving! :D Are you getting your dance on today? I wish I could dance. I love dancing, but i'm soooo bad. I've done a few Jennifer Gilardi hip-hop workout DVDs...it's hilarious. I hadn't done Drill Max in forever until last week. It was fun! Excellent functional fitness routine. Wow, Addicted to Sweat sounds extremely versatile. That's awesome!! Enjoy! :)

Good Afternoon Girls. :)

Spd and Agility is done and I swear it was harder this time then the first time! :confused:

Tmrw is a rest/stretching day according to the rotation and I am listening!!!! No skipping rest days for me during this rotation!!!! Not yet, anyway! ;):p:D

So my WW tracking went out the window w/the start of the new job but I've still been paying attn to my food intake and weighing in. Thursday (tmrw) is my WW weigh in day so it'll be interesting to see what the scale says now that I've been doing Asylum work outs! Hopefully it says only GOOD things! LOL

Katie:: Yeah, I've heard things about ppl contracting whooping cough this season along with the flu and that noro virus. UGH. *Knock on wood!!!!!* my family has been healthy and hopefully it stays that way!!!! *Knock on wood again!!!!!* I can understand about bulking and the metabolism thing but I still don't like the idea! :p

Ok, off to get coffee, pee and get back to work! BBL!:cool:

Good morning Ladies!! :)

Tuesday's workout was ATS Chair & Wednesday's was the first Combat HIIT & Flow. Flow is the 20 minute yoga workout from Pump. The Chair workout was very unique, it worked the lower body & abs mostly, though I did feel it in my arms from holding plank positions.

Wendy: I am loving the ATS workouts & no they didn't come with a rotation. But as you mentioned, I probably wouldn't follow it anyway. :p :D I'm sure you'll do well on your weigh in. I've dropped another couple of pounds by just not eating processed foods. I do this every now & then to get myself back on track. It works well for me. You are making me want A2, sounds like you are enjoying it.

Katie: How's that arm? That's dedication getting that punch class done in spite of it. I will probably use ATS often, it breaks a good sweat & doesn't feel like you are working out, love it!!

Have a great day!! :cool:

Last edited:
Morning and happy Valentine's Day! Do you ladies have any special plans today? DH and I have dinner reservations this evening at one of our favorite restaurants (Bonefish Grill). I'm going to do a little me-time shopping before hand, which is always nice.

This morning I did Disc 27 (shoulders, triceps, and biceps). I like this "grouping" the best. Overall, two thumbs up! I'm still making tiny adjustments with my weights, but I think it's better to fix it now than not be lifting my max.

Wiggie: Great job with your workouts the past few days! Workouts that are effective yet fun are the best! :) My shoulder is still very sore. I prefer to sleep on my left side but can't because the pressure on my shoulder wakes me up. :confused: I hope the soreness goes away soon!

Wendy: See, I knew you were going to kick butt yesterday! ;) Great job!!! I used an agility ladder during one of the Happy Hour classes at the gym a few weeks ago. I loved it! I'm thinking positive thoughts for your WW weigh-in! :) Are you still enjoying your job?

Hello Ladies. :)

I wasn't in the office for lunch which is why I am posting so late today. You didn't miss much though as today was my rest day. Just planning to do a stretch dvd shortly and that'll be it for the day!

Got the agility ladder today. OMG I'm soooo afraid!!!!!!!!!!! THE RUNGS ARE A LOT FARTHER APART THEN I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Katie, I know that you will appreciate this-I got to sleep until SIX OCLOCK IN THE MORNING today!!!! It was freakin' FABULOUS!!!!!!:D Great work out and enjoy your V-day diner at Bonefish. We love that place too and may very well go there this weekend to celebrate!:) No celebrating tonight as DH has to bowl...We prefer doing that kinda stuff on the weekends anyway so it's cool. My weigh in was neutral-no loss but no gain. Holding steady for the third week in a row now. That's great except for the fact that I'm trying to LOSE!:confused: I really shouldn't complain though as the mirror is being pretty nice to me so I'm happy about that. ;) Yep, still happy at the job! The weeks are FLYING by!!! It's awesome! Oh and tmrw is my first pay day at the start of a three day weekend!!!! Can't beat that with a stick, baby!!! LOL :) So did you buy anything while you were out shopping?

Wiggie, The chair work out sounds interesting. Glad you enjoyed it. Yes I am liking the Asylum (both series!) alot. It's killer azz kickin' kinda fun! :eek::D As much as it hurts, I have looked forward to every work out so far! :) I told you I tried to find pump w/o the weights and couldn' right? But you said you bought the set w/o them so I KNOW they atleast USED TO offer it that way! I'm not crazy!:p So I am STILL waiting on TF's arrival!!!:rolleyes: According to the tracking info it could take up to a month to get here. I think a month is up next week though so we'll see! If I don't get it by the end of Feb I'm filing a report with Ebay. I can't contact the seller coz Ebay removed the listing and the seller no longer has a profile so I will have no other choice if it doesn't show up or shows up and is not legit. :confused: WTG on the weight loss! :D I try to limit processed foods but I do still eat them. I just refuse to give up EVERYTHING. I try to abide by the "in moderation" policy when it comes to that kind of stuff and it seems to work for me. :)

Ok, the novel is over now...Gotta go stretch!

Be back tmrw!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.