STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

Ok, I am coming to the end of my rope with this job already ladies! :mad:

I never got a call back from the call that I placed this morning just before 9am so at 3:05pm I placed a second call. I was on the phone for TEN minutes and got NO WHERE! The phone rang for 5 solid minutes before anyone even bothered to answer it and then after they finally answered and I asked for the manager I was placed on hold for 5 solid minutes and no one ever picked up the phone again!!!REALLY!?!? :eek::mad::eek::mad::confused::(:rolleyes::mad::eek::mad:

I will try one more time today. If I don't get through I have no idea what to do...I am soooo frustrated and aggravated right now!!!!:confused:

Wiggie:: Sorry about the funeral. Always sad. :( I like your answer to my question concerning the bike ride and that very well could be the reason but it still doesn't make sense to me only b/c it hurt far worse then it should have on legs that weren't sore to start with I'm thinkin'! IDK...I think I will ask my instructor in class on Saturday..:confused: I used to spin for a few months. That's a tough work out but I NEVER felt that sort of pain!!! My DH and I both agree that the bike definitely seems to be the right size for me so that shouldn't be it either! I tried several different gears...and it helped a little bit but it still seemed over the top. :confused: Nice way to get in work outs despite being busy!!! Did you and Bailee do anything fun over the weekend? :)

Ok, DH is home so let me get goin' for now...

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Wendy, I guess that proves how badly they need a receptionist!! We didn't do much, baked some banana nut muffins Saturday & just played, colored & watched cartoons. We went to church Sunday & just hung out at home afterwards.

Good morning All!!

Monday's workout was Rhythmic Step, so fun!!

Wendy, I so hate waiting for the phone to ring!! I hope that call finally came!

Hi Katie!!

Hi Kris!!

Have a great day Ladies!!

Morning!

Today's workout was Rapidfire: Results (Susan Chung). Excellent workout. I was sweating like crazy. :eek:;)

Wendy: Okay, take a deep breath. Relax. Banish all your frustration. Fill your mind with calming thoughts. .... Did that work? It never does for me, lol! :p;) Any updates?? I can't believe she hasn't called you back yet. "How rude!" (can you name that t.v. show??). At least you got in a kickbutt workout yesterday! Maybe a little kickboxing today will help ease your frustration. I used to be the kickboxing queen in college (professors, boyfriend, girl drama, you get the picture :p). Like you I tend to fastforward through the guy's loooong breaks in Bob's Workout #2. I can't remember what weight I used...I think 15# for the chest and back work, 12#s for biceps and shoulder presses, and no clue on triceps. I am usually running a few reps behind during the first 2 rounds but then catch up during the last round (no breaks for this girlie, lol). Hehe, yeah I had lots of fun Saturday night. Actually, I started out drinking a bit more that I should but then stopped early and drank like 10 glasses of water. I was going to the bathroom every 10 minutes (literally). So I wasn't hung over much at all on Sunday (thank you water) but I only slept like 2.5 hours Saturday night. I should have napped more on Sunday, but just didn't. :eek::rolleyes::D

Wiggie: Sorry to hear about your classmate. That's so sad. :( What a fun weekend though with Bailee! Banana nut bread is one of my all time favorite snacks to both bake and eat. I often make a few loaves at Christmas and give it to friends/co-workers as gifts. Wow, your Saturday workout sounds insanely hard. WTG girl!!! You always impress me big time. Rhythmic Step = FUN FUN FUN!! I can't believe it took me 1.5 years to finally buy that workout. IMHO it is one of Cathe's best step workouts.

Kris: How's your week going so far? Getting in those job/walks during the cool morning hours. :) Just for the record, "cool" to me is like 60 degrees, lol! I hate the heat. :eek::D

Hi Ladies.

It's late for my first check in of the day but I was like a whirlwind today!!!!I went straight to the gym for a run after dropping DS off at school at 7:30. I ran 2.77 miles to an Itread, came home, showered, ate, printed out resumes etc.

I was out the door by 9:45 on my way to the interview for the job I didn't want! :rolleyes: By the time I got outta there it was 11 so I headed straight down to the WW career open house which started at noon. Got home just after 1:30.

Interview was a joke. I knew it would be. It's for an insurance company-another sales job. :confused: I was told they were hiring for admin positions too when the guy called but that was crap. I told the guy straight up in the interview that I am not interested in anything but admin. He claims they just filled an admin position but he will have my resume kept on file incase another one comes up. Whatever. :rolleyes:

WW job fair was more promising. It's definitely something I would consider doing but it's going to take about 2 weeks to find out if they have anything available for me as a receptionist. I could work meetings and/or general hours b/c facilities are now open retail hours so even when meetings aren't being held so someone needs to be there. You get paid hourly + a commission. If there is availability for me then a one on one interview will be set up for me. In order to work for them b/c I am not a meetings member, I would need to attend meetings for 6 weeks to become familiar with what they are about and how they work, etc and then I can be hired. All employees have to remain at their weight goal or near their weight goal and working on reaching it. They are all weighed monthly.

So I saved the best for last...THE GYM JOB!!!! Hah! Gets worse and worse :mad:...So last attempt at contact was y'day afternoon around 3 when I was left on hold after phone ringing off the hook before call was answered. I hung up after 5 mins on hold and didn't call back last night or this morning. She never called me either. So I go about my business today and when I get home this afternoon to NO MSG from her, I call the gym. A man picks up the phone and when I ask for the mgr he says she is available, asks my name and puts me on hold...again-FIVE MINUTES later there I am STILL ON HOLD!!!!:eek: This time I hang up and call right back. Can you friggin' believe that phone rang about 30 effin' times and no one ever picked it up!?!? At that point I was soooo mad I was shaking!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I got a number for the corporate office and called them to complain. The woman I spoke to seemed as "brilliant" as the ones I have been dealing with at the local club. She put me on hold for maybe 2 minutes and in that time supposedly emailed the mgr and got a response back stating she has been very busy bouncing between 3 clubs so that's why I haven't heard from her but she will call me by the end of the business day today. I advised the woman about the phone ringing off the hook and being left on hold and she didn't seem to care. REALLY!?!? :eek::eek::confused::confused: UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we will see if the mgr calls me today. At this point I don't even want the friggin' job but since I filled out the paperwork which I will get paid for doing, IDK if I am technically already an employee. :rolleyes: If I am, then if I quit and unemp doesn't like my reason(s) they can pull my bennies from me. I can't believe they wouldn't find this to be a good reason to not want to work for someone but you never know. If she does call me back I may call unemployment to ask them if I can tell her that I no longer want the job. I plan on letting her leave a message anyway so I can call unemp in the morning before returning her call. ;)

Phew. Sorry for the long-winded msg but a lot went on today!:p

Let me submit this novel before I lose it and I'll post another one for personals!:)

Ok, I'm back....

Katie:: Well glad you didn't have a hangover! I always drink water and take 3 advil before bed if I've been drinking. It works MOST of the time! ;) Yeah I'd say getting 2.5 hours sleep is a good excuse for being tired!:p I have Susan Chung's Rapid Fire dvd and don't care for it so I'll be selling it. Again, it was a choreography issue for me! :eek: TYVM at your attempt to "calm me down"! Very sweet but no, it didn't work! LOL :p I really need some Kundalini yoga right now to get me focused on something positive and relaxing so I may go get a quick practice in once I finish this post! :) I wanted to do yoga this morning after my run but there just wasn't enough time. I barely had enough time as it was...

Wiggie:: RS took me a long time to get but once I did, I loved it! Haven't done it in ages. I think I need to dust it off one of these days!:D Well as you can see from the post above...NO PHONE CALL YET!!!!:eek::mad::confused::rolleyes::mad: Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend with your granddaughter. :)

Ok, that's all for now but before I go...does anyone know what happened to Bridget?? Haven't "seen" her here in ages!!!

...and still no phone call!!!:eek:

Not feeling great today. Started to feel icky overnight. I think I stressed myself into being sick. :(

Today will be a yoga only day or maybe a complete rest day...not sure yet.

Spent some time job hunting this morning...sent off a few apps and scheduled an interview with a temp agency for tmrw morning at 10am.

That's all for now.

BBL!:cool:

The manager from the gym finally called and left me a msg at noon. I waited to call her back coz I was scared! :p In the meantime my DH had sent me a link to reviews of these gyms by the empoyees and 99% of them were awful!:eek: This gave me the push I needed to call the woman back. Ofcourse she apologized for not getting back to me, etc and wanted to start training me on Monday. I nicely told her that I had changed my mind about the position and was no longer interested. It was easier then I thought but now I'm depressed. I was sooo excited. What a let down. :(

Ok, no more whining. Gotta go pick up my son.

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Evening!

Whew, busy busy day. This morning's workout was CTX: All Upper Body premix. Boy, it was tough!! My lower back was feeling a little sore so I skipped the deadlifts in the back section. I must have just slept on it funny because it is feeling better now.

Wendy: Wow, I can't believe all the crap that manager/gym put you through the past couple of days. You poor thing. Good for you to decline the job. That took a lot of guts. I'm sure it was a very hard decision, especially considering that you were so looking forward to the job. (((((HUGS))))) Keep your head up gal. :) Are you feeling any better? I know stress makes me sick at times too. I hope the interview goes well tomorrow morning. I'll be thinking of you at 10:00 am and sending you good interview vibes! ;):p

Morning Girls. :)

I ended up doing a 43 minute premix from one of my Kundalini dvds y'day. It's all I could muster. Not sure what today will bring. No time to work out this morning and by the time I get home this afternoon I'm not sure what I'll have time for or feel like doing. Time will tell...

Unfortunately the icky feeling y'day was the onset of sinus issues. I'm just praying it doesn't lead to an infection!!!!:eek:

I need to take a skills test on my pc before I head out to the temp agency interview this morning. I'm not looking forwad to the test. :confused: After the interview I have another appointment at noon so I won't be getting home until about 1:30 again today. I guess the upside is, though, that atleast I'm getting out of the darn house (and doing something constructive!)!:rolleyes:

Katie:: Thank you!!!!:) It was hard to turn down the job but it was for the best I think. Hopefully what they say is true "when one door closes, another one opens". Wow I did that CTX premix once or twice. It's long and it's tough!!!!! You rock!:D

Ok, gotta get ready to take DS to school.

BBL!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Tuesday’s workout was Fire 45 & Wednesday’s workout was High Reps. Thanks guys re my classmate, it was really sad. She had a health issues involving her heart. I saw a lot of my classmates from high school. I had to tell most of them who I was. I was heavy in high school, now I’m smaller than they are.

Wendy so sorry about the job falling through. I really can’t blame you for turning it down, the run around they were giving you was ridiculous!! Very unprofessional!! :( You didn’t tell the unemployment office about the job yet did you? Since you never started, I don’t think you had to notify them at all. Are you feeling better? I know stress can make you sick & you have had a lot lately. I am sure your other employment opportunities won’t be anything like this one. I really hope WW works out for you, I just think you would be so good at it. I’m impressed that you still got your workouts in with all you have going on, WTG girl!! & good luck on your interview!

Katie, glad your back pain was temporary. How’s that knee? You’ve been getting in some good workout yourself young lady!! ;) I’ve never done the CTX upper body before, sounds tough!! I’ve wanted CTX for a long time but I had to wait for a sale to get it. It was a little pricey for me, especially since it’s an older workout.

Hi Kris!! :)

Have a great day Ladies!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi ladies.

No workout for me today. Tomorrow is the 5K (EEK) so I decided to take today completely off in preparation thereof. It felt weird not working out this morning, lol!

Wendy: How did this morning's interview go? Any (good) job prospects? Boo on the sinus issues! :( Interviews are hard enough when you're feeling good. If you're feeling bad maybe today should be another yoga day. Don't want to make yourself feel worse!!

Wiggie: I just noticed in your signature that you've lost like 116 pounds. Wow!! You are one hot momma! ;):p I've lost maybe 15 pounds in two years, lol! Every pound counts, right? :D I hear ya on CTX's pricey factor. That's why I waited so long to buy it too. Oh my wonky knee. It's fine if I don't run, so I just quit running. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing going into tomorrow's 5K. I just got tired of limping around all the time. I know, for me, I struggle with the mental part of running but i'm hoping the "race atmosphere and excitement" will take over and i'll be able to run the whole race.

Thank you Katie, you are too funny, one hot mama!! :p Smart to rest completely the day before the race, I probably would have taken more, running is not my strong suit. :eek: Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do great, I'm rooting for you, Go Katie!! ;) I would be so nervous, heck, I'm nervous & I'm not the one running!! & yes, every pound counts!!

Last edited:
Hey ladies. Checking in quickly from my phone while at ds' chior practice. The interview went well. I did better on the skill assessments then I thought I would too. Hopefully they find something for me even if it's short term...k ds is done. Gotta go!

Good morning All!! :)

Thursday's workout was Cycle Max, I like it more each time I do It. Makes me want to order Ride from the new series.

Have a great day & weekend Ladies!!

Last edited:
No work out for me today. Felt pretty bad this morning. Better now but too late to work out and playing it safe anyway. I probably won't consider a workout until Sunday at this point...

Off to make dinner. Happy Friday!:cool:

Morning.

Day three of no work out for me. Still feeling yucky. :( I have class today from 11 to 6 plus I have to drop DS off at mom's before I go b/c DH got called into work today. I am hoping to atleast get in some yoga tmrw if nothing else. I'm starting to lose my patience...I hate being sick!:confused:

Katie:: I can't wait to hear your race report girl!:D

Wiggie:: Great job with Cycle Max!

Good Morning.

I'm not at 100% but can tell I've turned the corner towards feeling better so that makes me happy. I took meds to get me through class y'day but then didn't need anything after that. I slept through the night-able to breathe the entire time w/o a pill! YAY! :p

Class was a good one. The morning was a lecture on nutrition but in the afternoon we went into the fitness facility and "played" on the machines for a while role playing trainer and client with a partner and then we went over to the cardio/free weight section where were briefed on the how the practical portion of the exam would go and were able to practice that as well by role playing with our partner. We will be doing it again during the final class before the exam as well.

No work outs for me since what...wednesday??? But today I am bound and determined to do SOMETHING!!!! Just not sure what yet.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Not sure if anyone else besides me is in Hurricane Sandy's path but stay safe if you are! We are supposed to get a direct hit from her. It's supposed to be pretty bad around here. Our town hasn't done it (not yet anyway) but a neighboring town already made the decision to close it's schools for tmrw and tuesday b/c of Sandy!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been absent lately - I haven't been exercising, except for my daily walk/jogs (about 30 minutes). DH is home right now (from Texas) and he will be here until next weekend - then he goes to work in California, he'll be much closer there, only a couple hour drive, so I'll be able to see him more, I can go over there and it'll be easier for him to come home too. :)

Wendy - Dang - sorry you haven't been feeling well! Hope you're 100% again soon. Glad the interview went well, I read what happened with that job with the gym :(, definitely sounds like the right choice to decline the job after all that. Class sounds like it was fun yesterday. Stay safe with that storm!

Wiggie - So sorry to hear about your classmate:( Great workouts! 116 lb loss is amazing!

Katie - how was the 5K? I bet you did great!

Have a great day,

Kris

Hello All!!

I worked so no workout Friday, Saturday's workout was Fire 30 that am & Short & Sweet Tabata on the bike in the afternoon. Sunday's workout was Imax 2 1st premix & Short & Sweet Threshold Ladder on the bike. Short & Sweet is by Mindy Mylrea.

Wendy, I hope you're feeing better!!

Kris, no worries about missed workouts, enjoy your Hubby!! So glad his work moved closer to home. :)

Katie, how was the 5k?

"Talk" to you later!! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.