STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for my absence the last few days too - I ended up with a terrible sinus headache all weekend :( I did hike on Saturday with my dog, but that was about it. Better now today, I went out for a jog/walk, and will try to get something more done a little later.

I saw wild burros this morning when I jog/walked! Very cool, we don't usually see them right here.

Katie - great job with Step Blast! Sorry you didn't feel well this weekend! Hugs for the adoption process kind of being stalled, that must be very frustrating.

Wiggie - great workouts this weekend! I love Intensity too, need to do that one again soon, also Low Impact Circuit... been a long time since I did that one, you're giving me inspiration:) Woohoo on the size 6 dresses too, that's awesome!

Wendy - so glad your class was good! Great workouts this weekend for you too:) The bikes sound fun!

Have a great day ladies,

Kris

Hello Ladies!!

Monday's workout was Cycle Max, I am always soaked when I finish that one. I did the Express, then added 20 minutes of the scrambled premix to make it an hour.

Kris, I missed you!! Glad your sinus issues are over, not fun at all.

Wendy, 3.6 miles!! I'm impressed, your distance improves every time. I haven't gone running in quite a while. :eek: Glad you found the bikes you wanted, I like biking this time of year. I will have to convince DH to pull ours out.

Katie, so glad you're feeling better!! I wish the same for your Mom! Sorry about the adoption, I had no idea that adoption is so expensive. It shouldn't be the case, no wonder so many kids don't get adopted.

Have a great day!! :)

Hi ladies.

Late check-in for me today. It's been a busy, busy afternoon at work. This morning's workout was Drill Max: Total Body Premix + Core. Not my favorite total body workout; I like the workout much better "as is".

Wendy: Glad you liked your new yoga DVD!! New workouts are always so much fun. I haven't talked to my mom today. She had a colonoscopy this morning and i'm guessing isn't with it yet. I'm going to call this evening and check on her. I never did get to my yoga practice yesterday. I decided to run errands instead. :rolleyes: So, have you done your reading for this weekend's class yet? I hope it isn't too cold this evening and you can get in that bike ride!!

Kris: Sinus headache = yuck! I get sinus headaches a lot and they stink so bad. Glad you're feeling better and were able to get in your jog/walk!! How awesome that you saw a wild burro! I saw one in Mexico, does that count? I guess not because it wasn't technically "wild", lol!

Hi Wiggie! ETA: Oops! We posted at the same time. :) WTG with Cycle Max. I previewed that workout and didn't buy because it scared me, lol! I can be a wimp sometimes. :D Yeah, adoptions are VERY expensive. Domestic adoptions cost approximately $25,000 and international cost $25,000 up to $50,000+. It's crazy ridiculous. Not to sound conceited, but I think my husband and I will be awesome parents and yet, because the cost of adoption is so expensive, we will probably only be able to adopt one child. It's just so sad because we want two or three children, but the cost will likely prohibit us from adopting again in the future. Sigh. Okay, i'm getting off my soapbox now. :)

Last edited:
Morning!

Today's workout was a 2 mile run (plus warmup and cooldown) and a short abdominal routine which consisted of 40 situps, 16 oblique crunches (per side), 16 pikes, and 2 minute plank. I also spent a few minutes with my foam roller working on my IT band, quads, and hamstrings. I'm still experiencing awful knee pain on the outside of my knee when I run. I've got my 5K in a week and a half, and i'm starting to get really nervous. :confused:

Have a great day gals!!

Katie

Good Morning. :)

Just applied for two more jobs this morning...That makes 4 this week already. :rolleyes: Tomorrow I am going to an open house at a temp agency and next week is the Weight Watchers open house!

Now I am getting ready to go do some yoga to wake up ;) and then I'll pick my Insanity "poison" of the day!:eek:

BB after my work out!:cool:

Hi Girls. :)

Back to report my work out!

Kudalini Yoga - Total Tune Up:: Firm and Affirm (30m) followed by Insanity:: Plyometric Cardio Circuit! Felt great! :eek: Well...sort of!:p;):D

Time to hit the shower now. I'll be back with personals over lunch!:cool:

Hey Ladies! :)

I'm super excited/nervous! I filled out an online application early this morning for a gym and the operations manager called me to set up at interview already! I have to be there at 9am tmrw morning!!! Fingers crossed!!!!:D

Kris:: Eeewww to the sinus headache. Glad you were finally able to kick it. I have a friend who deals with those quite often. I do NOT envy her!:eek: A wild burro...is that akin to a donkey??

Wiggie:: Nice job with Cycle Max. I have no room for a spin bike but if I did I would use the space for a treadmill instead! LOL :p You bike, I run. It works!;) To be totally honest, the only reason I bought a bike is because of my son!:eek:

Katie:: Great job with your run and ab work. Sorry about your knee. Please don't make it worse by going through with this race if you are nervous about it. Get it checked out first!!!

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Hi ladies,

I got in 2 run/walks today :) The temperatures here are finally where I can get out with my dog more than once a day, yay:)

Wendy - Fingers crossed!!! You'll do great! Yep, a wild burro is akin to a donkey, look a little different, but similar:) Great job on Kundalini yoga and Insanity!

Wiggie - great job with Cyclemax - I don't have that one, looks tough!

Katie - great job with the run and abs and Drillmax premix! That's sad that adoptions are so expensive! :( I think the burro in Mexico counts:)

Have a great evening ladies,

Kris

Morning ladies!

Today's workout was Bob's Workout 1&2. Um, disaster! :confused::eek::p Less than 10 minutes into workout one I got extremely nauseated. I think i'm used to longer, more gradual warmups and Bob just..gets going, lol! I had to stop for a full 5 minutes. After that, I took it down a notch. By the time I got to the second workout I was feeling better so I tried to pick the intensity back up a bit, but it never got to the level I prefer. Oh well. I still feel like I got a good workout and I was sweating buckets. :)

Wendy: GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! I've got my fingers and toes crossed that the interview goes well. I'll be checking back in a few hours for an update. ;) Are you still going to the temp agency open house today? I bet that Insanity Plyometric workout is insane (haha). Is it as hard as it sounds??

Kris: Yay for pretty weather!! TWO run/walks? I love your energy! :) I bet your dog liked it too. ;) Great job! So what's considered cool/comfortable temps in your neck of the woods? 80 degrees?

Hi Wiggie!!!

Hey Ladies. :)

I'm back. The interview was at 9. I was out of there before 10 but then went to visit friends who work nearby for a bit. Just got home a little while ago...

The interview went well. There are 2 part time positions available, one of which I will probably take! The position at the location I interviewed at is a desk/phone job placing "courtesy calls" to members whose dues are unpaid due to expired credit cards and such. Thanks but no thanks. :confused: The other job is what I was really looking for - front desk - at another location close by. The manager that I interviewed with said she is actually re-locating to the other club so I would be working for her there. I'm glad the job is at the other club b/c the club I visited is a dump. :( It used to be a different gym and is still set up how they left it. This gym took over but hasn't renovated yet. She said they are waiting to find out if they will renovate or relocate instead. She said the other facility (where I would be working) looks like what the gym is supposed to look like so that's good. Anyway, I would be working Mon, Wed, Thurs from 9am to 2pm and Tues from 9am to 1pm. No weekends, no nights, Fridays off and no aftercare required for my son!!!!:D They are aware that I am certifying as a trainer and accept the cert I will be getting so I should have no problem tranferring over to the P/T dept when the time comes.

All I have to do now is call unemployment (the worst part!:eek:) to make sure I won't be screwing myself $$ wise by taking this job! If not then it's mine! I am calling her back today either way to let her know! :D

I am still considering attending the WW open house next week if I can. If I've started working I won't be able to but if not then I'm gonna go. Maybe I can p/u a few more hours with them or something. You never know....

I assume I am also going to have to still technically look for full time employment since I'll still be collecting...It'll be a PITA but there's nothing I can do about it. It's also a bit of a commute considering the $$ I'll be making but it's the break I needed so I feel like I need to suck it up for now.

Ok, off to make the phonecall to Unemp! Then a work out!

BBIAB!:cool:

Hello again. :)

Well, I've finally decided to accept the position I interviewed for today. There ended up being lots of stress, hemming, hawing, worry and doubt involved in the decision (due to that dumb phone call to unemployment that I made! It was an unfortunate but necessary evil though!!! :mad:) but I'm over that now and ready to get to "WORK WORK"! ;) I spoke to the manager that I interviewed with earlier and told her I needed a little more time to make a final decision and she was fine with that so I will call her tmrw morning to get the ball rolling. I just hope I don't end up laying in bed tonight stressing about this all over again!!!!:eek::confused::(

I didn't get to my work out until just before 4pm but I DID work out and that's what counts! ;) No time for yoga but I did do Bob Harper's Kettlebell Sculpted Body so I was happy (and sweaty!!)!!! :D

Tmrw will be yoga for sure and a run or Insanity...

See ya in the morning!:cool:

Last edited:
Aim True Yoga:: Authentic Flow (45m) is done!:)

I hope to get in Insanity or a run this afternoon!

Off to run a couple of errands in the rain!:rolleyes:

BBL!:cool:

No workout for me today, i'm resting. I just wanted to pop in and say hello and CONGRATS Wendy on the job!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: That's fantastic, and i'm so happy for you. The hours sound superb. Do you get to use the gym equipment for free? I know accepting part-time work might mess with your unemployment benefits; boo on that. But it sounds like you made a good decision. When do you start??

Good Morning.

I overslept so I don't have much time before I have to leave for class this morning...

Thanks Katie! I'm excited, nervous, scared...all the usual stuff that comes with any new job! Well, unless it's a job that you DIDN'T want! I've applied for a few of them just PRAYING I wouldn't get a response! LOL :p Anyway, I wasn't given an official start date but I'll bet as soon as all of the pre-employment BS is done! I would say some time this week!

So no time for cardio y'day. Hoping to get another early out today from class so maybe I can do Insanity afterwards. Not sure I'll get lucky like that two weeks in a row though...

Y'day was stressful..I had to call the manager at the gym 3x before I actually spoke to her. I had left two messages and never got a call back. I was beginning to think I was being blown off for some reason :(:confused: but when I finally did reach her she said it's just been a crazy day. Thank goodness! So the ball is rolling now! I almost officially have a job! :D

Ok, I really gotta move my arse. Hoping to be able to come back later though.

Ciao for now ladies!;)

Happy Saturday ladies!

Well, besides for getting in my jog/walks (really just jogging a bit, walking a bit, and so on through my route) each day, I haven't done any other workouts this week:( But, I have been a cleaning queen, tackling a different area each day, which is why I haven't been officially working out... I feel guilty since I could do both, but I just haven't had it in me. Hope you don't mind a slacker still checking in :eek: Tomorrow is a breast cancer walk I do every year with my mom (she's a survivor), I'm going to pick her up shortly, she stays the night before the walk since it's first thing in the a.m. (I'm also headed to the donation center for the second hand store that benefits the animal shelter again with bunch more stuff)

Wendy- Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, what a great way to get your foot in the door too with a gym, that can only benefit your training plans later on! Great job getting your workouts in with everything else you've got going! Hope class is great today!

Katie - Wow, you got in your workouts despite nausea... I need to seriously get inspired, I'm sure I would have just stopped :eek: Great job! Cooler here has been in low 90s during the day, but it's much cooler in the morning and evening now, down in the 60s, really nice! It's supposed to start to be down in the 80s during the days starting today:) Hope you had a great rest day yesterday.

Hi Wiggie!

Have a great day everyone,

Kris

Good Morning. :)

Class y'day was another good one. Didn't get out as early this time though. Booh. :p My boys had eaten a late lunch while I was gone so they weren't pushin' for dinner so I decided to work out when I got home. I did Insanity Power Cardio and Resistance...the one I was supposed to do on Friday but didn't. :rolleyes: Great sweaty work out! For dinner I made chicken sandwiches, pierogies and corn. Sounds like a kind of wierd combo, I know, but it was good! :)

Today DS has CCD, then we have Church. After that I don't think we have any plans. I will ofcourse work out. Trying to decide between kettlebells and a run...things that make ya go HMMMM!:p

Kris:: After working all day and coming home and cleaning, I don't blame you for not wanting to do your work out! You could, though, get up before dawn to get that work out in! ;):p My days of the laxadasical (sp?) work out schedule are about to come to an end. *sigh* I won't need to get up as early as I used to to work out, but I WILL need to start getting it done first thing again!!! I hope I can do it!!! :confused: Enjoy the time with your mom and the walk! My best friend and her father participate in a BC walk for her mom every year. If I ever get back into running races, I would like to do one with/for Team in Training for my dad. I was going to do it a few years ago but I never got around to it before I stopped running. :eek:

Katie::
Today's workout was Bob's Workout 1&2. Um, disaster! :confused::eek::p Less than 10 minutes into workout one I got extremely nauseated. I think i'm used to longer, more gradual warmups and Bob just..gets going, lol! I had to stop for a full 5 minutes. After that, I took it down a notch. By the time I got to the second workout I was feeling better so I tried to pick the intensity back up a bit, but it never got to the level I prefer. Oh well. I still feel like I got a good workout and I was sweating buckets. :)
OMG somehow I missed this before!!!!:eek: Bob's work outs are no joke! ESPECIALLY #1! I can understand that happening to you! You don't need to do them back to back you know. They are intense enough that one at a time suffices. ;) Crazy girl!:p So I never answered your question about the Temp Agency open house-no I didn't go but I think they are running them every Thursday for a while and I can "apply" online if I can't be there (which I probably won't be able to since I will be working Thursdays!). I really don't want to but I need to be able to show unemployment that I am still looking for full time work. I also may not be able to attend the WW open house this week depending upon when I start working but if I can't then I am going to email them to find out what my options are. Maybe there is going to be another open house at a time when I can go. I still wouldn't mind looking into that as it could be a way to pick up some more working hours and it's something I think I would like to do (unlike the office jobs!)! Worth a shot!

Wake up ladies! It's Monday!!!:p

No work out yet for me this morning but bells and yoga are part of today's plan for certain! :)

Y'day my work out ended up being a 40 min bike ride with DH and DS and then STS Extended Stretch when we got home.

The bike ride was EVIL! Killed a particular portion of my quad muscles!!!! BURN BURN BURN! YEOWCH!!! :eek: I was the only one struggling though and I'm the one who work outs all the time! WTH!?!? IDGI and neither does my DH!!!! :confused::confused::confused: Then when I went to do a pose/stretch in STS Ext Stretch where I had to bend at the knees from a standing position I saw freakin' STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Some how though I managed to escape with no DOMS from it today! Go figure!!!:rolleyes:

I completed the pre-employment p/w for the job over the weekend so now I'm waiting on a call back from the manager this morning to find out what's next--like when I start!:D Trying to wait for that call before I commit to my work out so I don't get interrupted but if she's as busy as she was Friday I will probably end up starting AND finishing my w/o before I hear from her. LOL

Guess that's all for now...I'll BBL though!:cool:

Morning girlies!

Sorry I was MIA this weekend. I had a crazy, but fun, few days. Saturday I did Muscle Endurance. I missed 1 rep during both the shoulder and tricep sections (I paused to stop my muscles from quivering) but other than that I rocked that workout. :eek:;) Well, except for the abs section. Yeah, not even going to talk about how bad I am at abs, lol! I stayed out really late Saturday night with friends and was plum exhausted yesterday, so I skipped my workout. I know, "bad Katie". :eek::rolleyes::p Today's workout was SuperSets. That workout has some rocking music. And it is TOUGH!

I run my first (and probably last, lol) 5K on Friday. I'm sooo nervous! :eek::eek::eek:

Wendy: Great job keeping up with your workouts this weekend!! You're coming the rest of us in line, lol! :p;) So glad to hear everything is moving slowly but surely re: your new fantabulous job! :p I really hope you enjoy the work. If possible, I think it's smart to still attend the temp and/or WW job fairs to appease unemployment. If the NJ unemployment office is anything like the KY unemployment office I know it is a PIA the deal with. LOL @ your comments re: only doing one of Bob's Workouts at a time. I was trying to act super tough...Bob knocked me back down. :eek::rolleyes::p I find the first workout (with the girl) to be so much harder than the second workout (with the guy). Next time I think i'll just do one workout and then add on extra stretching. You're dinner last night sounds delicious!! I really need to get my eating under control. I didn't eat one single healthy thing on Saturday. Seriously. It was all fast food, pizza, etc. No wonder I felt like crap yesterday.

Kris: You're not a slacker AT ALL! So you're not getting in "formal" workouts but it sounds like you are doing plenty "informal" workouts. Cleaning takes a LOT of effort and work. Maybe that's why I hate it so much, lol! I think it's fantastic that you are donating so much stuff to charity. Good for you! How did the walk go with your mom??

Wiggie: How was your weekend??? Are you doing all right over there? :)

Hello again....:)

And so my prediction was correct! I have worked out, showered and eaten and STILL no phone call! :rolleyes:

My work out today was Kundalini Total Body Tune Up Burn Baby Burn and Raise Yourself Up Segments (40m), Kettlebell Bootcamp Work out #2 plus abs (25 mins) and then Muscle Max Core and Stretch segments (15m?).

Katie:: Oh yes, NJ Unemp is EXACTLY like KY Unemp! TOTAL PITA!!!!!!!!!! :p So judging by this manager's now slow response after responding to my initial application within HOURS and having me in for an interview early the next morning :rolleyes:, I may very well have the chance to get to one of the WW open houses afterall! One is tmrw and one is Wednesday. They both run from 12-2 IIRC so if I'm not working I will definitey be going! Then Thurs would be the other open house but for that one I can apply online if need be so I'm not worried if I can't make it...ITA that Bob's w/o #1 is tougher then #2 but the second time I did #2 I really heavied up the weights and and fast forwarded through the annoying super long rest periods b/c that whimpy guy Bob has doing the work out can't keep up!:rolleyes: OMG it got soooooo much more difficult once I did that!!! :eek: You should try it some time!;) Ooooh I think it's Super Sets that has a great u/b premix where you repeat all of the exercises like 3x!!! KILLER!!!! So I guess you had a little TOO much fun Saturday night huh? LOL ;) That's ok-you deserve it! :) Good luck on the 5k. Take it slow if you have to. It's your first. Don't try to be a hero! Just finish. :)

Ok, guess I'll go do some housework and PT studying now since I'm obviously not going into work today!:p

Hello All!!

Boy, I’m getting slack with checking in!! Last week was so busy!! I worked a lot of overtime, went to the funeral of a classmate Thursday, & had Bailee this weekend. She didn’t go home until 9:30 Sun.! I didn’t slack off from working out though, My workouts went as follows;
No workout Tuesday, worked a 24 hour shift
Wednesday: 40 minute ride on spin bike
Thursday: Fire 30, Pump & Shred(45)
Friday: Fire 30
Saturday: CTX Kickbox(cardio only) Leaner Legs, That evening Crossfire
Sunday: 1 /2 KPC & To The Max

Katie, you’re not being conceited when you say you & DH will be great parents, you’re just stating the facts!! :) Bob’s workout is tough!1 My arms always get tired pretty quickly, I haven’t done that one in awhile. Great workouts by the way!! You are going to rock that 5K. I didn’t get to do the mud run, everyone dropped out except my daughter & I. :) Glad you had a good time Saturday, I think that is a must do from time to time!!

Wendy, congrats on the new job!! Sounds like a good fit, I wish she would go ahead and call already!! :p As for the bike ride, your muscles were probably fried from all the other workouts you do. Their muscles were well rested since they don’t do as much as you physically. Sounds good doesn’t it!:p I’m serious though, they get a lot more rest than you.

Kris, all those jog/walks, house cleaning, all that counts!! That’s what cross training is all about right? How was the cancer walk?

Have a great day Ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.