STS Body Rockers - October 2012 :)

Yup, yoga only for today as predicted!

Baron's Long and Lean is done!:)

Tmrw I rock an Insanity work out!:eek:

Saturday will be a forced rest day though I won't be resting much. It will be filled with lots of walking as we will be spending the day at an amusement park. I'm sure to be exhausted by the time we get home.

Sunday is debatable depending on my energy level. :p

Hi there ladies!

Today was Cardio Kicks - I enjoy that one (though I realized at the end that I could have added my weighted gloves Wendy :eek: )

Wendy - great job getting in your yoga workout! Enjoy Insanity tomorrow:) Yeah, usually I get on here later in the day, but probably late late for you all - we're 3 hours earlier than east coast right now - lol:) The amusement park sounds fun! You'll get plenty of exercise walking no doubt!

Hi Katie and Wiggie!

Have a great evening everyone,

Kris

Kris:: I will tell you that Cardio Kicks is a super tough one to complete wearing weighted gloves! The first time I tried it I thought I was going to die and had to take the gloves off part way through! The second time I tried it I made it through but it was still tough. The only reason I made it through though was because I lightened the glove weight!:eek:

Hello Ladies. :)

Quiet in here again today....:(

This morning I dropped off my resume at yet another gym that is NOT hiring right now...*sigh*....:(...and then I went food shopping to buy ingredients to make calzones for dinner tonight! Never did this before so it should be interesting! LOL :p

On a positive job note-right as I got home from the store, I got an email from Weight Watchers! I had applied to them on Monday, got the automated response stating they will look at my background and if I meet their needs they will contact me. Well that was Tuesday and then I heard nothing so I figured it was a lost cause. Well not so fast! The email I just got is inviting me to a WW job fair near me this month! If I could get a job working some meetings around here I think that would be an excellent compliment to training! Fingers crossed for me please!!!!:D

I haven't worked out yet. I wasn't in the mood this morning and I'm still not now :rolleyes: but I WILL exercise...at some point...today...before midnight!:p LOL

Ok, off I go. I hate talking to myself for too long!:p

Ciao!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi there!

Today I did Pyramid Upper Body - yowza, I'm still trembling :eek:

Wendy - congratulations on the WW job possibility, that sounds like a great compliment for being a trainer, fingers crossed for you! That really sounds like a great opportunity - can't wait to hear how that job fair goes - you're so passionate about healthy eating and exercise, you'd be great a that! Great job with your workout too! I don't feel so bad about not adding the weighted gloves then based on what you said, I probably wouldn't have made it through 10 minutes if I'd used them:)

Hi Katie and Wiggie!

Have a great Friday evening, I'm going out to dinner with a friend in a bit. Should be fun :)

Kris

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Just wanted to pop in to say hi. No work out for me today. Amusement park here we come!

I made calzones for dinner last night. A little time consuming but very tastey! Worth the effort! YUM!

Kris:: How was dinner last night?

Ok, gotta run. BBITAM most likely!:cool:

Happy Saturday everyone,

Today was Pyramid Lower Body - she about took me out with the first exercise - Leg Presses:eek:, I lightened weights after that. Also on the rotation for today was a "steady state 30 minute run", but I walked and jogged (more jogging than usual) for about 35 minutes instead. Tomorrow is a rest day and then Monday is Leaner Legs :eek: - hope my legs are rested by then!

Hi Wendy - have fun at the amusement park! Yum, I love calzones! Dinner last night was nice, it was good to catch up with my friend :)

Hi Katie and Wiggie!

Have a great day everyone, I have been doing some decluttering, so I'm bringing some things to a second hand store that benefits an animal shelter in the area. :) Win, win.

Talk to you all later,

Kris

Hi gals!

Today's workout was Terminator: Viper. Still tough, but not as tough as I remembered. ;) But that's a good thing, right?

Kris: Nice workout today! I've only done PLB a few times but still remember the DOMS I had afterwards. :p PUB is killer! I just did that one myself and had intense chest and bicep DOMS for days. Bob Harper has a workout DVD titled "Bob's Workout" and it's got 2, thirty minute workouts on it (Bob's Workout #1 and Bob's Workout #2). That's what I was referring to in my rotation. :)

Wendy: How was the amusement park? Did you ride any roller coasters?? Calzones sound very yummy! I'm making corn chowder and pepper jack chicken sandwiches for dinner tonight. Yum (hopefully, lol). :D:rolleyes: High five on the potential WW job!! Keep us updated. Wow, max cardio conditioning sounds crazy intense. EEK!

Afternoon beauties! I hope you all are enjoying a relaxing Sunday. :)

Today's workout was 2/3 of S90 Core Dynamics and a 3 mile run. My run went...okay. Despite new running shoes, new fitted inserts, and my foam roller my left knee still hurts when I run. :( I hate it!! I'm starting to "kinda" enjoy running and I want to keep going, but i'm afraid my knee is going to be a problem. :mad:

Oh, and i'm having a serious brownie problem today. DH had friends over last night and I made brownies for them. I usually send the leftovers with them so i'm not tempted to eat more than one, but of course I forgot this morning. Every time I walk by the pan I eat a bite and i'm sure it has added up to a LOT. UGH! HELP! I need a brownie intervention. I already wrapped up a few to take to my boss tomorrow (he loves brownies). I'm seriously considering throwing away what's left. Is that awful?

If i'm not in a brownie comma, i'll BBL or tomorrow!

Good Evening Ladies...Better late then never!:p

Today was Church, a little reading from my text book (need to read more tonight though!), a big nap, small work out and I just finished putting together a lasagna for dinner - Turkey-Spinach Lasagna Recipe | MyRecipes.com . Now my boys are making peanutbutter cookies with hershey's kisses on top for dessert while the lasagna bakes. :eek:

My work out was Kettlebell BC Burn and Firm (20 min) and Yoga Relax (20 min).

That's all for now.

BBITAM!:cool:

PS-Katie, it looks like I may be having a COOKIE PROBLEM tmrw!:p

Good Morning Ladies...:)

DS is off from school today so my mom and I will be taking him out to lunch and then to play miniature golf at an indoor Halloween themed place. Should be fun.

My thought for a work out today is a run and yoga...

I managed to finish reading all of the chapters in my textbook last night so now I should have exactly enough time to RE-read them all before the first class on Saturday. Five chapters in five days. I am not a reader but even I can handle that...I think! :p LOL

Last night's dinner was yummy and so were the cookies that DH/DS made! Thankfully it was a small batch so there aren't many left! Phew!

Kris:: How nice that a thrift store in your area dedicates itself to helping out an animal shelter. Very cool! :) So are you still planning to do Leaner Legs today? You should have tons of fun trying to move tmrw! :p

Katie:: Good job with your work outs! I haven't done an S90 w/o in ages! Yup, we rode some coasters on Saturday. I am not able to ride crazy stuff but I went on what I could handle. My DH is much more of a daredevil then I am b/c he can handle that kind of stuff. Check out my fb page post about the coaster that my 7 yr old son went on!!!!:eek: So are there any brownies left in your house? :p

BBL!:cool:

Hi ladies!

It's Monday, boo!! :p Well, i'm thinking after the 5K at the end of this month I may have to give up running. My left knee is still paining me considerably. It's the stupid IT band i'm sure. I need to do my semi-annual physical (family history of medical probs, so i'm trying to stay on top of things) so I may ask my doc if he has any suggestions.

Despite my wonky knee, I was still able to workout this morning. I was supposed to do Supersets but wasn't paying attention when I started the DVD and ended up doing Push/Pull. The workout is only 45 minutes long so I added on a little extra bicep, tricep, and shoulder work along with a short foam roller session. I'm hoping for DOMS tomorrow!:D:p

Wendy: Your dinner sounds yummy (especially those cookies). ;) I made this for dinner last night Split Pea and Ham Soup Recipe - America's Test Kitchen (minus the crutons) and it was delicious! Nope, the brownies are gone! I brought a few to work for my boss and sent the rest to work with DH. Whew, thank goodness THAT crisis is over! Have a fantastic day with your mom and DS! You've got an awesome day planned. I mean, Halloween-themed miniature golf?? Fun!!

Hi Kris!

Hi Wiggie!

ITread #21/30min WALK Intervals is done. I didn't have a run in me after all but didn't want to disappoint DS by not going to the gym after I told him we were going....

Just waiting for my mom to show up now so we can head out for the afternoon.

Hoping there is time (and energy) for some yoga when I get back home later!

That's all for now but I'll BBL for personals!:cool:

Hi there ladies,

Yesterday was a rest day as planned and today was Leaner Legs :eek: After PLB on Saturday, I didn't know how it would be doing LL, but I did it :) Still had some DOMs (bum) this morning, but not too bad, we'll see how I feel tomorrow:)

Hi Wendy - great job getting your Itread workout in! Miniture golf with your DS and mom sounds like fun! Hope you guys had a great time!

Hi Katie - Sorry your knee is still bothering you:( I hate when an injury interferes with what you want to do. Great job with Push/pull and your add ons!

Hi Wiggie!

Have a great afternoon!

Kris

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Not sure where today will take me with a work out...It depends on how I feel so time will tell...

Mini golf was fun but the place gave me a headache. It was all glow in the dark and it messed with my eyes after a while...

Kris:: Great job doing LL on already sore legs! I hope you can walk today!;)

Katie:: Sorry about your knee. That stinks. You said you got properly fitted running shoes and it still bugs you right? BOOH! :(

BBL to report my work out!:cool:

Good morning All!!

I can’t believe I haven’t posted since last Tuesday!! I was off last week, (I always take my wedding anniversary off, 10/4) & I did a lot of cleaning, etc., that I don’t have time for when I’m working. My workouts were as follows; Wed/Pump Revolution, Thu/Cycle Max & Fire 45 EZ, Fri/Step 2 Success, Sat/Fire 30(I had Bailee this weekend), Sun/Ctx kickbox, & Mon/Ctx kickbox(cardio only I used soft hand weights, my gloves move around on my hands when they get sweaty & are uncomfortable) & Fire 55 EZ. When I’m home I sometimes have trouble with the internet, I think it’s my computer not my service.

Wendy, great job with your runs & yoga !! I’ve been slack on yoga, I’ll try to fix that this week. Sounds like you Mom & DS have been having a ball!! Good luck with WW!! Talk about the perfect job for you, I will keep my fingers crossed!! Speaking of WW I rejoined & am 0.6 from goal. I weigh in tomorrow, if I’ve lost 0.6, I will begin my 6 week maintenance & will be awarded lifetime membership.

Katie, yes the “Fire” workouts are part of Turbo Fire which are kickboxing based, I love those workouts. Any time I’m really not in the mood to workout, I put one of these in & the music changes my mood. I don’t care for her weight work, I always use Cathe for that. Sorry about your knee, I hope that stops soon, I’ve read that cherries are good for that.

Kris, you’ve really been hitting those legs hard lately, have you noticed any changes? If so let me know, my thighs are my problem area. So glad you had fun at dinner with your friend, I know that helps when Hubby is away.

Have a great day All!!

Last edited:
Morning ladies,

Today's workout was 4DS: HIS/LIS Double Cardio + abs. The premix starts with LIS and ends with HIS. I decided to be different, so I started with HIS, then did LIS, and ended with abs. I know just a subtle change but change is good right? :p;)

Wiggie: Welcome back! We missed you around here. :) Ya know, when you're done cleaning your house you are welcome to come clean mine. :D Despite the cleaning, I hope you had an enjoyable week off. I'll have to check out Turbo Fire. Kickboxing workouts are my FAV!

Wendy: Yay for your walk yesterday! Walking does a body good. ;) Did you know that? :p I need to walk more often during the day. Hmmm, i'm seeing Kundalini yoga in your future.... :D Yep I got properly fitted running shoes and inserts. I thought that was my problem before; apparently, it's not. My knee is just wonky. :mad:

Kris: EEK, leaner legs! Was it bad?? Can you walk today?? I've got LL planned for Thursday and i'm already nervous, LOL! Hopefully you've got an upper body workout planned for today to give your poor legs a rest. I'm sure they need it! ;):p

Hello. :)

I'm actually back to report a work out! I was worried for a bit this morning that it might not happen! :eek:

Anyway, I popped in Keith Weber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Work Out with the intention of doing only 1 short segment but ended up doing 4 of them once I got going! I was a tired sweaty mess by the time I was done-about 30 mins later! :)

I changed my duds coz when I was done coz when I tell you I was gross...I WAS GROSS!!!!!:eek: Just finished eating an orange and as Katie predicted, I am getting ready to go back in my room for some Kundalini yoga!!!:D

I will do personals when I'm done so BBIAB!:cool:

Okay my yoga is done now too! Dance the Chakras (60m)!

Time for lunch! Eating pb&j as my reward for all my hard work!;):D

Katie:: I see you've been paying attn to Cathe when she talks! Yep, even a subtle change is good she says!:D Nice work out this morning! If I am going to walk that's when I prefer to be outdoors. For running a tm is just fine unless I'm racing. That being said, the ITread walkiing work out I did surprised me. It was quite intense and I can feel it in my legs today!!! I may just have to do it again!;) That stinks about your knee. I'm sorry. :(

Wiggie:: Great job on your work outs while you were not checking in! I am also signing up for house cleaning services when you are done with Katie's place!;) Thanks re the WW opportunity. The job fair is in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted! That's awesome that you are soooooo close to your goal! You have that life time membership in the bag girl! They don't offer that for online subscribers :mad: but if I get a job with them perhaps my membership will be free! That would be nice. :)

Well I devoured my sandwich so now I gotta hit the showers and do some reading from my pt book...

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.