STS 3 months or 6 months?

KenL

Hello,

I just started STS this week after finishing Beach Bodies Body Beast work out. (Which I really liked!)

I am looking forward to Cathe's STS but am a bit confused in the manual it says it is a 3.5 month program but on the forum it says it can be used for six months and that was what it was designed for?

Any ideas or suggestions on which length to do?

Thank you,
Ken

Hello Ken,

I'm currently doing STS and initially I was just going to do the 3 month rotation which I have done numerous times in various ways - LIS/STS rotation, undulating rotation etc.. As I was perusing the STS forum threads for motivation, ideas and knowledge, I came upon this and figured I wanted to extend myself and do the 6 month rotation.
Below is Cathe's explanation of how STS became a 3 month rotation and how you can use it to be a 6 month rotation.
Good Luck on your STS adventure! You won't be disappointed either way.

Yes, it is true that I originally intended STS to be a 6 month rotation but after realizing that most people wouldn't be able to commit to something that long I changed it to 3 months. But I do recommend the 6 month plan most especially if you are new to weight training, or don't currently weight train more than 2 times per week. That being said, if you want to do it as a 6 month rotation feel free to. You might even want to do it as a 5 month plan, as Mesocycle 3 is pretty straightforward and doesn't fluctuate the way the others do.

So if you were going to do the 5 or 6 month plan, here is what to do:

Mesocycle One:
All of week one from Mesocycle One and repeat week one
All of week two from Mesocycle One and repeat week two
All of week three from Mesocycle One and repeat week three
All of week four from Mesocycle One and repeat week four

Take one week off after you have completed these 8 weeks of Meso One.

If for some reason you feel fatigue sooner, or have unexpected schedule change or have gotten sick, etc, then take off a few days accordingly but get right back on the program.

Mesocycle Two:
All of week one from Mesocycle Two and repeat week one
All of week two from Mesocycle Two and repeat week two
All of week three from Mesocycle Two and repeat week three
All of week four from Mesocycle Two and repeat week four

Take one week off after you have completed these 8 weeks of Meso Two.

If for some reason you feel fatigue sooner, or have unexpected schedule change or have gotten sick, etc, then take off a few days accordingly but get right back on the program.

Mesocycle Three: optional to do 4 weeks or 8 weeks of this mesocycle

All of week one from Mesocycle Three (and repeat week one optional)
All of week two from Mesocycle Three (and repeat week two optional)
All of week three from Mesocycle Three (and repeat week three optional)
All of week four from Mesocycle Three (and repeat week four optional)

Take one week off after you have completed these 4 or 8 weeks of Meso Three.

Congratulations....You are done

Repeat again if desired (only as 3 month rotation if you did 5 or 6 months previously, since now you are acclimated to the workouts)....or feel free to do other rotations/workouts and pick up STS down the road again.

Hello Firelight,

I really appreciate the quick response!

It sounds like Cathe suggest longer if the person is new to weight training or only trains two time per week.

I have just finished a complete 90 day cycle of Body Beast which has much shorter 30 minute per day work outs but it is six days per week and had done the complete P90x program before that.

I took one week off and jumped into STS, just finished my first week. (That is why the urgent need to know if I am doing the 3 or 6 month program)

What would you suggest I do since you have experience with the program???
I am already in good shape, just looking to keep it up.

P.S. I jump in with out doing the 1 Rep max on the web site. I see the benefit of doing that but did not have time to do it before starting the program. I am trying to lift as heavy as I can.

Thank you,
Ken

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.