Strength in Numbers

Pam I don't know who named him but we like Milo better too. Great job on Metabolic Supersets :D + step. Nice that you had 8 adoptions. There is usually no problem in people wanting kittens and puppies. I am sure they will go quickly when they are ready.

So this morning I got most of the way through Rockout Knockout before I had to call it quits. I am going to look at some of the training videos to see if there is one on crate training. Then my mom, aunt and brother came over for lunch. Everyone loved Milo and were sad that they probably won't see him again because he will probably be adopted in a couple of weeks. We went for a couple of long walks today and he did really well. He is sure helping me get my 10,000 steps in every day.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job almost making it through RK. I bet there is lots of information online about crate training dogs. That is sad that they won't get to see Milo again. The little ones do go fast. I bet that it's more fun walking when you have a buddy to walk with you :) .

Yesterday was my rest day and another adoption event. It wasn't as busy as Saturday, we only had one adoption and two who went home for trials. Hopefully those will work out and become adoptions too. My two can't get in for their spay until next week, so looks like they will miss this adoption events again. This morning I did High Reps. I haven't done that one very much so it was a good change of pace. Now I'm going over to babysit my friends grandchildren. I may bring them over to play with the kittens. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Hopefully the two trials will become adoptions. Great job on High Reps. Have fun with your friends grandchildren.

So Sunday I was really tired so I took it as a rest day. Then I took Milo to the farmers market to get him used of being around different people. You sure don't move very fast when you have a cute little puppy. Then I took him to a local pet store and I bought him a brush. He was quite the hit in the store too. So instead of putting Milo in the crate in the bedroom I decided to try putting the crate in the kitchen with the door open and all of his toys and then blocking the door to the kitchen. That worked really well, he didn't howl all night and he also didn't have an accident. However all morning he was being really nippy and he put a couple of good rips in my favorite pajamas :(. I had to take him out for a good walk before he would calm down. Then I YouTubed how to stop your puppy from nipping. It is still a work in progress. But I did put him in the kitchen again so I did get a workout in. I decided to do Double Wave Pyramid again since I didn't get a chance to finished it on Friday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl That is funny, I'm sure it is hard to do much with a cute puppy. I know how we are at adoption events when people come in with them, everybody has to get a pet in! That is great that you are making progress on the crate training and were able to get a decent sleep and a workout in. I guess it's one step at a time huh? Great job on Hiit DWP.

Yesterday with the kids was a lot of fun. They loved playing with the kittens and playing and singing along with our player piano. I thought I was going to have them all afternoon, but their mom didn't go into work when she was done with school, so she picked them up right after lunch. We were planning on watching a movie and making popcorn, so we decided to save that for next time. This morning I did Plyo Hiit 2. We ended up having Foxxy euthanized today because she was getting worse, so it was a sad day for us :( Have a great day.

Pam

Pam Glad you had fun with the kids. Good job on Plyo Hiit 2. So sorry to hear about Foxxy I was hoping she would get better. It is so hard to get an animal euthanized even though you know it is the right decision :(

This morning I had to take Milo in for his neutering. So I didn't go to Twist this morning. I was going to do a workout at home but by the time I got home and had something to eat I lost my motivation. I thought he would be pretty docile when I brought him home but he was super hyper. It took about 2 hours to calm him down and he keeps on wanting to be on my lap. Needless to say this post has been a challenge to type. He has the dreaded cone of shame too which is making him quite frustrated because he keeps on trying to get it off. He also can only go outside to do his business, no exercise at all :confused: for the next 7 to 10 days. This should be interesting. There goes my walking buddy for a while.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Sorry I didn’t get on to post until now. I have just been so excited about Gunner and having three dogs I didn’t get to it. We picked Gunner up on Friday afternoon and he spent most of Saturday and Sunday in the crate with short breaks every hour outside the crate to interact with Layla and Sheba. I felt awful leaving him in there but I think it helped everyone get used to each other. Sheba was pretty much like we thought. Barking, lunging, and jumping on him to show her dominance. She is not aggressive and we know she doesn’t want to hurt him she just needs to show him she is in charge. Layla of course just wanted to play with him even though he is almost twice her size. Gunny is really submissive to Sheba so that helps. Monday and Tuesday he was pretty much out of his crate the whole time and Sheba has almost gotten over having to yell at him. This morning before I left for work, they were all three playing. Bout broke my heart I had to leave.

I have read all your posts and you all have done an amazing job keeping up with working out. I love that we have changed CSS name to the more appropriate Metabolic Supersets! I did do workouts most of the days while I was off with the dogs but I won't bore you with the details. I did start Fit Split yesterday with LIC + MC which I am not a fan of after doing twice now. I did FS Shred Cardio and Push Day this morning which was better. Also, here are some pics of Gunner.

Pam, I am so sorry about Foxxy! I know you did everything you could for her.

Cheryl, I am so excited you have a puppy and can’t wait to see pictures! Oh poor Milo and the cone of shame. And poor you because trying to keep a dog, let alone a puppy, calm so they can recover from surgery is the worst!

Have a great day!

Attachments

• 2019-02-14_8-23-23.jpg
    2019-02-14_8-23-23.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 12242.jpeg
    12242.jpeg
    661.8 KB · Views: 2
Cheryl Oh my goodness, trying to keep a puppy calm for that long is going to be really really hard! I can't even imagine. I have always been so surprised at how much energy the kittens have the day that they have their surgery. You would think they would want to sleep, but nope! You definitely have your work cut out for you.

Julie Wow, Gunner is so handsome! He doesn't look heavy to me, at least in those pictures. It sounds like the three of them are doing really well together already. That is awesome that they were all playing together. They do have to get their hierarchy established. Great job keeping up with your workouts.

This morning I did Revved Up Rumble + the calorie crush + Bonus abs 1. I'm not sure what I think of this one yet. There were a few moves that felt really awkward for me to do and the difference in intensity between the regular workout and the CC was huge. I really liked the second kickboxing combo though. I think I'll need to do it another time or two before I decide. Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day. I actually liked the cardio and was surprised how fast it seemed to go by. For some reason the weight section was just boring to me and I wanted to rush the reps this morning. And of course the 6 sets of hamstring stability ball work killed me.

Pam Great job n RUR + CC + Bonus Abs 1! I think most of the calorie crushes are a huge difference intensity. Rev'd Up Rumble and Cardio Party for sure feel that way. I think those pictures are flattering because of the angles. If he was standing up he is missing that nice boxer tuck of the stomach.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job FS MIC+Pull day. I feel like that on all fo the weight sections in that series. It seems like the cardio goes by fast and the weights just drag on. Did everything go well with the three dogs while you were gone to work?

This morning was Lower Body Blast. I didn't really want to get up because we went to a concert last night, but as always I felt a lot better when I was done. Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did Fit Split Boxing Bootcamp and Legs & Glutes. My hamstrings were sore from all the stability ball work the day before but I made it through everything except the elevated lunges. I had to take some mini breaks between all that pulsing.

Pam Great job on LBB especially after a late night! This is the only Fit Split where the weight section didn't seem to bad and I think it is because you never really repeat any of the exercises. DH actually had the day off work, so this will be their first day in the crate for several hours. DH might get home early afternoon which will be nice for them.

Have a great day!

Julie Great nob on FS BB+ L&G! Elevated lunges always kill me. Hopefully the dogs do well in the crate today.

This morning was supposed to be CCC, but I feel like I just did that one, so I subbed Intensity and then did Danette May advanced abs. They were ok, but didn't seem as advanced as most of Cathe's ab workouts. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on FS Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day. I haven't done the weight work very much in this series so I can't remember if I feel like it drags too.

Pam Great job on LLB with a late night.

Julie Great work on FS Boxing Bootcamp and Legs and Glutes.

Pam Great work on Intensity and ab work. Intensity is on the same level as CCC.

So yesterday I went to Twist. Milo was great while I was gone we block off the kitchen so he has a bit of room to move around in. Last night I went to see Joy McCarthy downtown. She had a seminar on your microbiome. She always has interesting sessions, this is the 3rd time I have seen her. I got home late and Milo decided that he was going to start making some noise just before 5am. I was hoping he would settle down but he didn't so I got up before he woke up the neighbours. I was going to workout but I hardly had any sleep and I was so tired I couldn't motivate myself. I really hope he sleeps past 5am tomorrow.

Cheryl

Saturday I did Cycle Sweat and then DH and I did some much needed cleaning and organizing. Sunday I did my heavy weight day and then was pretty much lazy the rest of the day. This morning I was supposed to get up and do yoga but when my alarm went off I just couldn't. I used to get excited about doing yoga but now I am back to not wanting to do it if I can sleep instead. I'm hoping it is just the winter blahs and my excitement for yoga will come back in the Spring.

Pam Great job on subbing in Intensity for CCC; those are both certainly intense. I have never heard of Danette May. Hmm if she was not as advanced as Cathe she may be right up my alley.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! I bet that would be an interesting seminar. Glad Milo did good while you were at Twist. Hopefully him getting up at 5 am doesn't happen too often but he probably is still learning your schedule.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Twist. That is awesome that Milo did well while you were gone. What a bummer that he decided he (and you) needed to be awake at 5 am though. I hope that was just a one time thing and he will let you get some sleep.

Julie Great job Cycle sweat and cleaning and organizing on Saturday and your heavy weight day on Sunday. Given a choice between sleep and yoga, sleep pretty much always wins for me :) I got the Danette May dvd for free, just paid the $7 shipping. Of course they try to get you to add on a bunch of other stuff, but I didn't.

Saturday morning I did Strong Body Stacked Sets upper. After that I helped at the adoption event. We had 6 adoptions, so it was a pretty good day. Sunday was my rest day so we had a nice breakfast and then I helped at the adoption event. It started out busy but then was dead. We had 4 adoptions, one of those was a foster fail though :DThis morning SBSSL was on the calendar, but since those are so short I did the Blast premix of cardio party. It includes the blasts from the workout and the calorie crush. This CC didn't seem very intense to me, but that might also be because I was having some trouble following sometimes. I like the format of the Stacked sets, but I think in the future I will do the upper and lower together so they aren't so short. I also went up in weight on almost all of the moves today. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Cycle Sweat and your heavy weight day. I need to get some cleaning and organizing done too. It is hard to get excited about yoga but it probably is the winter weather. It is so much nicer just to sleep in.

Pam Great job on Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper. I like the format of it as well. Nice that you had so many adoptions. Oh those foster fails. It is so hard to let them go sometimes. Good work on the Blast premix of Cardio Party .

So Saturday I did Rev'd up Rumble and the CC, Sunday was Body Weight and Bands and this morning I did Imax 2. I have been very busy looking after Milo. I am really tired right now. I knew a puppy was going to be a bit of work but I didn't know how much. I have enjoyed having him around except for the puppy nipping. That has been a challenge to try to stop. I tried to upload some pictures of him but I get a message saying the file is too large. I will need to see if I can do something about that.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

OK the pictures worked this time.

Attachments

• Milo 4.jpg
    Milo 4.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Milo 3.jpg
    Milo 3.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Milo 2.jpg
    Milo 2.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Milo 1.jpg
    Milo 1.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 2
This morning I did not want to get up and had a really hard time getting going. I did Strong & Sweaty Boot Camp and while I thought it wasn’t that bad, I took more rest than I would have liked. I also added on the abs and felt I did better with them this time than in the past.

Pam Great job on SBSS Upper! 10 adoptions over the weekend is pretty good. That is cute someone foster failed at the adoption event! Great job on SBSSL and CP Blast Premix! I didn’t even know that was an option. I was hoping that on the SBSSU dvd she would have had room to put SBSSL instead of the Pyramid Pump lower body. It seems it would have made more sense that way but I know they have only so much room on dvds.

Cheryl Great job on RUB plus CC and BW & Bands and Imax 2! Yes it is so much nicer to sleep in especially in the winter when it is so cold out and yoga takes a while to warm me up. Puppies are a lot of work. Good thing they are cute though! Especially Milo! OMG, he is so adorable I don’t know how you get anything done. I would just want to cuddle him all the time!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on RUR+CC, BW+bands, And Imax 2. Puppies are so much work, I always said that's why God made them so cute. Otherwise we would kill them! He is soooooo adorable though! You just can't stay mad at a face like that.

Julie Great job on S&S Bootcamp+abs. Especially when you weren't feeling like getting up.

Yesterday afternoon I went for a 24 mile bike ride because it was so pretty outside. This morning I went for another 24 mile ride with my friends. It was a little cooler today, but it's supposed to start raining tomorrow and rain for the next several days. I hope you have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good for you in getting up and doing S&S Bootcamp plus the abs when you didn't want to get up.

Pam Good job on your two 24 mile bike rides.

This morning I was so tired I didn't go to Twist. I didn't feel awake enough to drive there. At noon we brought Milo to the SPCA for his shots and then stayed for a adoption viewing with him. So he was adopted by a family who had a dog like him previously. They have two teenage sons who play football so Milo will be going to the park every weekend with them to watch football and run around. We really liked the mom who came to meet him and we know that he will have a good home there. But it is sure quiet around here now. I really miss that little ankle biter. I don't think I am cracked up to be a foster parent. It is way too emotional to have to give them up in the end even if you know they are going to a great home.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did AOLIH plus the core! I had to pause for a few minutes in the middle of the floor section because Gunner knocked the baby gate down that was blocking him from the stairs. He was trying to get to DH who was leaving. I actually kept up with the core and was able to do all of it! That probably means this is one of Cathe's easier core workouts! :oops:

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride two days in a row! Bummer about the rain coming. Hopefully it will be better than what they predict.

Cheryl Good for you for resting when you were so tired. I'm happy for Milo but so sad you didn't get more time with him. I totally admire people who can foster. I am with you in that I would be way to emotional in having to give them up even if it is to amazing homes.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.