Strength in Numbers

Saturday I did UP deadlift day then it was cleaning and running errands. Sunday was my lazy/rest day. I started a new series binge: American Horror Story. I’m not into gory horror but this is more psychological scary. I probably shouldn’t have watched it right up until bedtime. I dreamed about it all night. This morning I did UP Squat day.

Pam Great job on Cardio Slam with double step! I think I remember the step being short and kind of fun on that one.

Cheryl Great job on 4DS LIS cardio! Plus laundry and housework. Hopefully your weather was decent this weekend and not back down to freezing.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on 4DS LIS and laundry and housework.

Julie Great job on UP deadlift day, cleaning and errands. I loved the first season of American Horror Story. We watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons too but didn't like them as well. I don't like slasher movies, but I love a good scary movie. I was excited to see that there is a new Halloween movie out!

Saturday was my rest day and Sunday was PLB. We had an adoption event that I took Peter Pan to in the afternoon on Sunday. He was not a fan :rolleyes:. He didn't get adopted, but we did have 5 adoptions which was pretty good. This morning was Rhythmic step and the abs from LIC and now I have a pile of laundry to get done. Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Great job on UP Deadlift day and all of your cleaning and errands. I haven't watched American Horror Story but it would be something up my alley. Good work on UP Squat Day.

Pam Poor Peter Pan I am sure that all the noise and commotion wouldn't have been fun at all. That is great though that you did get 5 adoptions. Good work on PLB and Rhythmic Step.

Saturday morning I went dragon boating and did two sessions. The first session almost got cancelled since we don't go out if it is below 40 degrees. It just got to the cut off point when we were getting ready to get onto the boat. Sunday I did Yoga Relax and then we went out for a Thanksgiving lunch. One of my cousins was working the night shift so we couldn't do dinner. We went to a restaurant for the first time ever and it was really good though they did serve a lot of food. After that we went to the independent living center where my aunt moved to, to check it out. It is a couple of blocks away from where my mom lives and I found out that she put her name in too. So we will see how long it will take for her to get a place in there too. It was really nice and they have lots for them to do. This morning I decided to take the day off as I was really tired for all the turkey the day before. Tomorrow I will get back to it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did ICE LIS 1 & 2! Since I have been focusing on weight lifting so much the last several months I can really tell my cardio level has diminished. This one felt at the high end of comfortable intensity for me.

Pam Great job on your rest day and PLB! Poor Peter Pan not liking the adoption event but 5 adoptions is awesome! Great job on RS plus LIC abs! Hope you get through all your LaundryMax!

Cheryl So awesome that you got two dragon boating sessions in on Saturday! 40 degrees would be quite chilly to be on the water. Great job on YR! Going to a restaurant on Thanksgiving sounds wonderful with no cooking and cleaning. Oh that would be neat if your mom and aunt could live in the same place. Good for you for taking a rest day. All that tryptophan in the turkey can really do a number on you!

Have a great day!

Normally I do yoga on Wednesdays but I decided to switch it to tomorrow and do UP Bench Press day today. I probably should have done yoga. I was dead tired when I got up. I muddled through my workout and it wasn't too bad for having low energy.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, 40 degrees is cold to be on the water. You really are getting an early taste of winter! We've still been close to 90, but there is another hurricane coming through and they are saying we are going yo be having fall temperatures after that. Happy Thanksgiving! Going to a restaurant for Thanksgiving sounds nice, we have never done that. That would be so nice if your mom and aunt were living in the same place. I know there are some really nice independent living facilities that have so many fun activities. Hopefully the wait isn't too long. I hope you have recovered from your turkey coma!

Julie Great job on ICE LIS 1&2. I like that combo. Great job on UP Bench press and doing well despite not having much energy.

Yesterday morning my friends and I did a 24 mile bike ride. It felt really hard for some reason. This morning was KPC. I took 4 kittens to the vet for their spay/neuter, but the vet just called and said that they all have fevers so they aren't going to do the surgery today. :confused: Instead they will get some antibiotics and have to be rescheduled. They only do the rescue appointments on Wednesdays and they are always booked so far in advance that it will probably be awhile before I can get them in :mad:. Have a great day.

Pam

Julie Great job on ICE LIS 1 & 2. That would be a good one to do since you haven't done cardio for a while. Good for you in doing UP Bench Press when your energy level was son low.

Pam Great work on your 24 mile bike ride and KPC. Bummer that the kittens had fevers and they couldn't do the spay/neuter and that it will be a while before you can get them back in.

So Tuesday morning I went to Twist. It was a good workout but I am having problems with my knee. It feels like it is my PCL which is something I hurt about 4 years ago. I was having problems walking and my knee really hurt later in the day. So today because my knee still hurt I decided to not workout but I did go to the SPCA for my shift. We didn't have a lot of animals but they will be getting quite a few tomorrow. My knee feels a lot better tonight but I think I won't go to Twist tomorrow and probably just do some upper body work here to make sure my knee starts to heal.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did a new yoga called Pure & Simple Yoga from Eion Finn. I had tried one of his other ones and liked it but felt it a little too advanced for me. This seems to be just the right step up from my tried and true Yoga for Weight Loss Conditioning with Suzanne Deason to get me to the next level. It is super chilly this morning at 40 degrees out. I had to get out my jacket for the first time this Fall. I will be off work tomorrow to run errands and get some appointments out of the way.

Pam Great job on your 24 mile bike ride! Hmm I wonder why it felt harder than normal. Great job on KPC and those abs at the end with the pikes! Oh poor kitties! Hope the fever goes away soon for them. And I hope you can get in quickly to get them fixed. Seems like if they are that busy they could try to work in some a few other days a week.

Cheryl Great job on Twist! Oh no! I hope it is nothing serious with your knee. Hopefully just a strain that will heal quickly. Do you have a brace or anything that helps?

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on Twist, but I hate that your knee was giving you trouble! It sounds like you are smart to let it rest for a few days.

Julie Great job on yoga and especially stepping it up a level! Wow, 40 degrees is chilly. I would be getting my jacket out too.

This morning was Xtrain 01 Chest, back, and triceps. I hadn't done that one in so long and had forgotten how much I like the format. It really flies by. I was able to get the kittens rescheduled for the 18th, so that isn't too bad and hopefully they will all be well by then. The meds already seem to be helping so I have my fingers crossed. They originally said they couldn't do it until the 30th. I guess I was pitiful enough about missing all of the October adoption events that they took another look at the schedule and then talked to the vet and said they can do it on the 18th. This morning I had to clean all of their ears and put drops in them for ear mites. That was not much fun at all :eek: I'm already dreading having to clean all of their ears again for the next several days! We are getting the wind and rain from Michael today. We are under a tropical storm warning and all of the schools are closed. It definitely feels like the tropics out there at the moment. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on yoga. Gld that you found one that is at your level. Yep it seems winter is on the way with the temperatures dropping. No I don't have a brace but I will see how things go. Enjoy your weekend.

Pam Great work on XTrain Chest, Back and Triceps. I really like the format on the XTrain videos. Sometimes looking pitiful helps, nice that you can get them in earlier. You do have a lot of kitties to have to clean ears for, I can imagine that it isn't much fun at all. Michael was one powerful storm, glad that you are only getting only a tropical storm warning.

This morning I did RUUB. My knee feels good as long as I don't sit for too long. It seems if I can keep moving it is fine but if I sit for too long it seizes up and it takes a few steps to get it working again.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on RUUB. Your knee seizing up doesn't sound like a good thing at all! :oops: The cats did not like having their ears cleaned at all. Then I had to put the drops for the mites in and clean them again! None of them were very happy with me :rolleyes:

It was jeannie hop day for me, then I added in the abs from Cardio and Weights. Now Im headed out to clean up from the storm. We got some crazy wind so we have a lot of branches down, but I'll take that after seeing how devastating the storm has been. My DH left at 6 am to drive to Virginia for a race, but they couldn't even get to the track because the road to it was completely flooded, so now they are on their way back home. Hopefully they at least had a nice drive ;) Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I figured the kitties wouldn't be too happy with you but I think they know that you are trying to help them out. I remember cleaning out Tiggers ears when we first got him for ear mites and he actually enjoyed it. He purred while I was doing the cleaning. Great job on Imax 2 and all of your jeannie hops and the abs from Cardio and Weights. Good thing that you really only got wind from the storm. I have seen the devastation of the storm on Florida. Bummer that your DH couldn't race because of the flooding.

This morning I did Slide and Glide and then did my foam roller to help with my knee. I think my knee is giving me grief because I am really tight. I really need to do more foam rolling and stretching. Right now it is feeling really good. Hopefully that is a good sign and it will keep on improving.

Cheryl Wow, that is great that Tiger liked getting his ears cleaned. None of theses guys like it, but some are more tolerant than others :rolleyes:. I wrap them all in a towel like a burrito just in case. Great job on Slide and Glide. I have trouble with my knees sometimes because of my tight hamstrings. You were smart to use the foam roller and do more stretching. I'm glad to hear that it is feeling good.

This morning was Xtrain 2 Bis and Tris. I need to remember that I like these workouts and do them more often :). Have a great day!

Pam

Friday I did UP Deadlift day. After that it was a few chores and some appointments/errands to run. I did get to relax a little in the afternoon. Just in time to watch our first snow fall. While the big fluffy flakes are pretty, I am not ready for this yet. It seems we do not get much of a transition in between seasons anymore. Saturday I did a Peloton spin ride and then more chores around the house before going to my parents in the afternoon/evening for my dad’s birthday get together. Sunday was my lazy day! This morning I did UP Squat starting week 9 of 12. I really didn’t want to get out of bed this morning and laid there for a few minutes contemplating the need to do my workout. I am glad I got up.

Pam Great job on XTrain CBT! It’s been a long time but I think I like that format too. So glad you got an earlier appointment for the kittens so they can attend more adoption events. I remember helping my sister clean her cats ears for mites one time. So icky! I am not sure I will stay at that level of yoga all the time but it is nice to have something a little more challenging for days when I feel I can do it. Great job on Imax 2 plus abs from C&W! Good news that you only had branches to clean up from the storm. Great job on XTrain Bis & Tris!

Cheryl Great job on RUUB! Sorry your knee is still giving you trouble but at least you know what is triggering it to act up. Great job on S&G! That is a good idea to try to do some more foam rolling and stretching. It could be hamstring or calf tightness causing the pain.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on UP deadlift day and all of your appointments and chores. I'm glad that you were able to get in at least a little bit of relaxing too. Wow, it seems like it is way too early for snow! Here I was complaining because it was only in the 60s here yesterday I guess I need to keep my mouth shut! You are right that it is pretty though. Great job on your peloton spin ride and UP squats. And especially for getting it up an getting it done when you weren't feeling like it.

Yesterday morning My friends and I went for a 31 mile bike ride. It was only in the 50s when we started, which seemed so weird because it has been so hot until now. I had to wear my long pants an a jacket, but it was a really nice ride. This morning I did Afterburn and the Abs from Turbo Barre. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good work on XTrain Bis and Tris. I really like the format of this series too.

Julie Good job on UP Deadlift day and all of your chores and appointments. Ohhh nooo not snow. That is way too early. Great work on your Peloton Spin Ride and UP Squat day. I think my knee trouble is from tight quads. My calves and hamstrings seem to be fine.

Pam Good job on your 31 mile bike ride and today's Afterburn and the abs from Turbo Barre. the 50s seems like a really nice temperature to do a bike ride in.

Saturday I didn't get a chance to workout because I went to the West Coast Women's Show with a friend and we had to leave early to get there when it opened. There were tons of vendors there and lots of food to sample. Sunday I did segment 3 of Stretch Max and then did my foam rolling then we went over to my brother's for lunch. This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body. It has been really nice here clear blue sky so it gets cold at night but the afternoons are really nice.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did KPC minus the abs (sorry Pam) since I just don’t have that long in the morning. It was really cold this morning. Frost on the deck and cars cold. I am not ready for this yet! I was still wearing flip flops last week.

Pam Great job on your 31 mile bike ride! I am sure the cold felt nice after you got going. I would gladly take your 60s. We are getting to the low 50s as a high but of course that is in the middle of the day when I am working. Great job on AB and abs from TB!

Cheryl The West Coast Women’s Show sounds fun. Anytime there is food samples, it has to be a good time! Great job on SM3, foam rolling and ICE MTB! Hopefully the stretching and foam rolling is helping your knee.

Have a great day!

Cheryl The West Coast Women's show sounds like fun. I always like going to those events. Great job on DM3, foam rolling an ICE MTB. I like it when we have cooler nights and nice afternoons. That sounds like perfect weather.

Julie Great job on KPC minus the abs. I'll give you a pass on that this once ;) That is a long one when you do the abs. Yuck frost! I think somebody needs to tell Mother Nature it's too early for that mess.

This morning was supposed to be Ride, but since we will probably be going for a ride one day this week I swapped it with ICE CUB. I went one weight level up on almost all of the exercises which made it better since she uses such light weights in that one. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on KPC minus the abs. It is a long workout if you include the abs and I can understand not having the time in the morning. We are starting to get the frost too in the mornings but it is getting up to almost 70 in the afternoon. Yes the stretching and foam rolling is helping my knee. It feels really good right now.

Pam Good work on ICE CUB and upping the weights. I do remember in that one she uses lighter weights.

This morning I went to Twist. Then because it was so nice out I went for a walk to the park. We have about another week of nice weather before the rain sets in again.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did yoga. It felt really nice and just what I needed. Yesterday we had a fire drill at work about 15 minutes before I was supposed to leave for a dentist appointment. I ended up just leaving because it can 10 minutes just for my floor to get out of the building. I have to wonder how effective those drills are or what they are expecting to measure/accomplish from them. They can't be an accurate representation of how long it would take in a real fire.

Pam Great job on ICE CUB! Makes sense to skip Ride since you ride pretty much every week anyway. That is awesome that you increased your weights.

Cheryl Great job on Twist plus a walk! Your knee must be feeling better that is great! Close to 70 is great for this time of year. Hopefully you can stay there for a little while longer.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.