Strength in Numbers

This morning I did Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day. I am glad the MIC was a little lighter intensity-wise after yesterday’s Intensity workout. The pull day was good but I am not sure about the double row with the band. I think next time I will keep my palms facing each other and not twist them at the top. The overhand grip felt awkward. I did enjoy the external rotations with the band. Definitely felt those and the 6 sets of hamstring curls. Why does Cathe hate my hamstrings?

Pam Great job on your 30 mile bike ride! Oh wow, you are a superstar to bike through muddy trails. Great job on CCC! I dread that one too but then it is never as bad as I build up in my mind. Hope you didn’t get too much snow if any did come.

Cheryl Great job on MIC plus the bonus abs! That is always nice to feel like the moves get easier. This whole series definitely has some different moves that take getting used to. Some of them start of like old moves but then she adds twists to them.

Have a great day!

heryl Great job on MiC and bonus abs. I think I need to do those abs a few more times before I feel comfortable with some of the moves and some of them I don’t think will ever feel easy!

Julie Great job on MIC and pull day. I only have the hardest loop left, so I couldn’t do the external rotations with the band. It was just too hard. I need to try to find some new loops I think. Cathe loves to torture us with the hamstring work! We got a lot of snow, even more than they were predicting. I heard as much as 10 inches but we definitely didn’t get that much here. We did get 4-5 though which means everything is closed again today and likely tomorrow. It sure is pretty out there right now though.

This morning was Boxing boot camp and legs and glutes. I think you are right that the Intensity is not that high in that one Julie. It is a really long warm up, especially for a short cardio routine, and the combos aren’t that toug. It’s just the blasts that rev things up a bit. All those pulse moves sure had my legs screaming! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day. The external rotations with the band sure do make them a lot harder. Don't worry Cathe hates my hamstrings too :). My hamstrings were screaming by the end of the 6 sets.

Pam Great job on Boxing Boot Camp and Legs and Glutes. The pulse lunges do get the legs screaming.

This morning I did XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders. In the afternoon I met a friend for coffee and a walk. After that I went and had a meeting with my new doctor since my old one retired. She is really nice and only in her 30's so I think I am safe in having her for quite a few years.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Xtrain CBS and your walk. That is great that you like your new Doctor and that she should be around for awhile. I'm so worried that mine will be retiring soon and I like her so much. She is the best Doctor I've ever had .

This morning was S&S Total Body giant sets and the bonus abs. Now that I have figured out how to do those side plank things I've found that I really like that ab routine. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I hope your doctor doesn't retire soon. It is so hard to find a doctor that you feel comfortable with. Great job on S&S Total Body Giant Sets and the bonus abs.

This morning I did PRS #2 one of my favorites. Then I tried to do laundry but our washing machine decided that it had had enough :mad:. So I guess we need to go and look for another one. This afternoon and evening we are looking after our neighbours dog. Leo and Tango are not getting along so good today. Leo won't stop baking at Tango and Tango is getting a bit annoyed.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl great job on PRS 2. How frustrating that your washing machine quit on you, that is definitely not the kind of surprise you need. Poor Tango, I would be annoyed too if someone kept barking at me in my own house. Tango needs to give him a little swat!

Yesterday it warmed up quite a bit so I went out and made a snowman while we still had some snow. He’s getting pretty wilty now and his nose and one eye had already fallen off by last night. It’s supposed to be in the 60s the next few days, so he’ll be gone soon . This morning I did Cardio slam. It was shorter than I wanted and none of the premixes added anything except the bonus abs, so I ended up doing the double it premix. I was just going to do the floor cardio again, but then after I finished that I figured I might as well keep going. I like the track and field moves and most of the step part of that workout the best. I took Doug and Carl to the airport this morning, they are going to Atlanta to drive cars at the Porsche experience center. I’m thinking they will be two happy guys tonight. That was Carl’s Christmas present but Doug decided he needed to get in on it too :rolleyes: I’m going to take advantage of the warm weather and wash my car, it’s filthy after all of this mess. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I was not impressed when the washing machine decided to break down but it was around 20 years old so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Tango did give Leo a swat and lots of hissing and growling but Leo didn't care :confused:. Fun that you went out and made a snowman, that is something I haven't done since I was a kid. With your temperatures he will not last much longer. Good job on doing the Cardio Slam double it premix. I will have to do it again because I can't remember what the track and field moves are. That would be fun to drive a Porsche. I bet the boys will have lots of fun.

Yesterday morning I did Low Impact Cardio and Metabolic Conditioning. Then we went out and bought a new washer. It is a really nice one, it is an LG high efficiency washer and it doesn't have the big agitator in the center so it can wash more clothes at one time. We are to get it this Friday. Today I just took a day off and did some running around. In the afternoon I took our towels over to my neighbours to wash them. They were in the washer when it decided that it had had enough and the tub was filled with water so the towels were still wet. That saved me from having to go to the laundromat.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl 20 years is great for a washer and it will be nice to get the new one I'm sure. Great job LIC and MC. That's nice that you were able to go borrow your neighbors washer to get your towels done too. The track and field moves in cardio slam are long jumps and the other move that I really like are the agility moves where you go out in really fast. I'm not describing it very well, but they are fun.

Yesterday we were going to go for a bike ride, but we were a little worried that the trial wouldn't be in great shape so we went out for coffee and breakfast instead :rolleyes:. This morning was PRS 2 and no equipment abs. I'm not sure why I thought I didn't like the PRS workouts because that was really fun. I guess it just took me awhile to feel like I knew them. Have a great day.

Pam

Friday I did Pedal Power and then because I took the whole day off work I did some cleaning and chores around the house. Saturday I did Cardio Leg Blast and then a few things around the house but other than that I was lazy. Sunday I took as a rest day and completely vegged out and binged on Netflix. This morning I did RWH LIHI Legs.

Pam Great job on BBC + L&G! Oh boy does Cathe love to torture hamstrings. My hammies were crying all weekend. Wow that is a lot of snow for your area. I agree, the snow is beautiful I just wish it wouldn’t snow on streets or sidewalks. Great job on TBGS + bonus abs! How fun to build a snowman. I haven’t done that in ages. Great job on CS! Wow and doubling it at that! DH washed my car over the weekend because it got so nice. It was very salty. Hmm … coffee and breakfast sounds way more fun than a bike ride. Great job on PRS 2 + ne abs!

Cheryl Great job on XT CBS! Glad you got time to have coffee with your friend and get a walk in. That is always a relief when you like a new doctor. Great job on PRS 2! What a bummer that your washing machine broke. You always hope you can replace an appliance before it goes out but doesn’t always work that way. So sorry about Tango and Leo not getting along. I wonder if Leo wanted to play with Tango why he kept barking so much. Great job on LIC and MC! Your new washing machine sounds nice. I bet you will love it. That was very nice of your neighbor to let you use their washing machine. I hate using Laundromats.

Have a great day!

Pam I am sure you enjoyed coffee and breakfast more than riding your bike on a muddy trail. Great job on PRS 2 and NE abs. I really like the PRS workouts.

Julie Good job on Pedal Power, Cardio Leg Blast and all of the cleaning and chores and this mornings RWWH LIHI Legs. It is nice to take a complete rest day and bing on Netflix. Leo may have wanted to play with Tango but Tango just doesn't want anything to do with a dog that barks at him. If the dog is quiet Tango is calm and if the dog is hyper then Tango is very wary.

This morning I did Cardio Leg Blast and then did some organizing. Tonight will be another dryland training session.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Cycle Max. Today is Ozzie’s chemo day so hoping for good news. I know we are nearing the end of options and I will always want a little more time.

Cheryl Great job on CLB and organizing! I have to start making a list of things we need to deep clean and organize. I am dreading it but I know it will feel awesome to get it done.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on PP, your cleaning and chores, and CLB. It's nice to have those complete veg days sometimes. Great job on LIHI legs too. I hope your hammies were recovered enough for that one! Luckily our snow is all gone now. There was one small ball in our front yard yesterday where the base of my snowman had been :D

Cheryl Great job on CLB and organizing, I always have so many things that need organizing, but tend to put off doing it.

Julie Great job on CM. How are your abs doing? I sure hope things go well for Ozzie today, so sad that you are getting to the end of options :(.

This morning was RWH CLB. It was really hard for me today, my legs felt like lead. I made it through, but I was happy that it was a short one. Yesterday afternoon I went to try and scope out a new trail for bike riding. Since I was alone I took my road bike, which I hadn't ridden in ages. That was a bit of a mistake because it has the clip in pedals which I have never gotten comfortable with, and the trail was really hilly and windy. I was so stressed out the whole time that I was going to fall because of not being able to get out of the clips if I needed to. I had been riding around in our cul de sac the night before to try to get used to it and fell right over sideways! Luckily I didn't do that on the trail, but I also never found the trail that I was looking for :mad: It also took me awhile to remember how to shift :rolleyes: I had no problem shifting up, but couldn't remember how to shift down, so I was riding in a really high gear for awhile. Luckily I figured it out pretty quickly though. What a day! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on Cycle Max. I hope you get good news about Ozzie, it is so hard when you don't have many options left. I hate organizing too but it does feel so good when it is done.

Pam Good work on RWH CLB and having your legs feel like lead. I think I would be stressed out too if my feet were clipped in on the pedals. Bummer that after all of that you couldn't find the trail that wanted. Ouch that would hurt to fall of a bike, was it on the grass or on pavement :eek:. Too funny about not remembering how to shift down.

So last night I went to dry land training, and it was an interesting drive there. In the short distance that I had to go I had 8 police cars and 1 ambulance pass me with lights and sirens. I was thinking to myself what the heck is going on???? I have never seen that many police cars pass me before. Then a block before I got to where I wanted to turn off the police had blocked the road so I had to turn off before I wanted to. I finally got to the school where we train at and I was told that there was a big fire at the train yard. We could look over there and the sky was lit up bright red and there was a lot of smoke. At that time we didn't know how it started and we had the news helicopters flying all around us so it was sometimes hard to hear our instructor. When I got home I googled what had happened and a tanker truck filled with gasoline hit a freight train o_O. I have no idea how that could have happened but at least no one was hurt. It made for a lot of excitement though. This morning was Mixed Impact Cardio and Pull Day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did S&S PHA Training. Ozzie got his chemo yesterday but they did say his tumors increased from 2 weeks ago. It seems to be a roller coaster. Some times the chemo shrinks them really well and other times they grow. Still thankful he is a happy puppy and able to spend a little more time with him.

Pam Great job on RWH CLB! I was able to do some box assisted chin ups this morning with no ab strain. I am going to try do some static hangs from the top position Friday and see what happens. That is when I tended to notice it the most. I have read up on shifting with road bikes. DH and I have some and we ride around our small town. I just have never understood when to shift up or down. I just struggle through with whatever setting it is on.

Cheryl Oh wow! That sounds like a terrible accident to happen but amazing that no one was hurt. Hope you all were able to concentrate on your training with all that was going on. Great job on MIC and Pull Day!

Have a great day!

Cheryl I was lucky that I did fall on the grass when I fell, so it wasn’t too bad. I just bruised my knee and have a stiff shoulder. Mainly injured my pride :rolleyes:. Wow, that was some excitement that you had. I can’t believe after hearing what happened that no one was hurt. That was good to hear though. Great job on MIC and pull day.

Julie Great job on PHAT. Sorry to hear that Ozzie’s tumors increased. :( At least he’s happy, that is a good thing. Hopefully you will be able to do your static hangs without it bothering your abs. Now I understand why you said a mile and a half was enough of a bike ride for you :p gotta take advantage of those gears!

This morning I did RWH CUB and the abs from muscle endurance. Then I joined my sister in law at a group get together to knit scarves for the homeless. This group meets every two weeks and works on different projects. After I got home Dexters new family came to pick him up. I was sad of course, but they are really nice people and I know he’s going to have a good home. Eric is coming over in a few minutes to teach my friends and I how to repair flat tires on our bikes. :cool: We’ve been out there riding worrying about what we would do if one of us got a flat many miles from where we parked, so this was my Christmas present. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on S&S PHA Training. Sorry about Ozzie's tumors, but it is good that he is still a happy puppy. We did occasionally get distracted with all the excitement but were able to concentrate for the most part.

Pam Good thing that you fell on the grass and that you mainly injured your pride :p. Good job on RWH CUB and the abs from Muscle Endurance. Knitting scarves for the homeless is a nice thing to do. So nice for Dexter to get adopted, though it would be sad to see him go. Learning how to repair flat tires on your bike is a great practical gift, something that you can really use.

This morning I did all 5 rounds of Tabatacise. It was as hard as I remembered it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on tabatacise, that was my workout this morning too, and yep, as hard as always!

The bike class yesterday was great and my girlfriends really appreciated it too. Now even though none of us want to get a flat tire, we know what to do if it does happen. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great job on Tabatacise it is not an easy workout. It is good to know how to change your tire especially when you are out in the trails.

This morning Shred Cardio and Push Day. After that I went to view my boudoir photos. I am usually pretty critical of myself but I had to say WOW the pictures turned out amazing. I guess it helps to have a professional do your makeup and hair and take the photos. They should all be ready just before Valentines Day.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Work got crazy yesterday and I didn’t get a chance to post. I did do Kickmax Bootcamp Challenge yesterday. I couldn’t do all the pulsing jump lunges. Those are tough. This morning I did Lower Body Trisets and then did some static hangs from the pullup bar with no pain in my abs!!! I’m going to keep going slow and only doing a little through next week before I decide whether I should attempt Pullup Queen again.

Pam Great job on RWH CUB and ME abs! Oh that is an awesome thing to do knitting scarves for homeless. So glad Dexter found a good home. That would be worrisome to get a flat tire especially with how many miles you ride. Glad you all found it helpful but I do hope you never have to use what you learned.

Cheryl Great job on all 5 rounds of Tabatacise! This is one I am sure ever gets easier. I always keep my step at 1 riser when I do this. One day I hope to do 2 risers. Great job on SC and Push Day! That is so great that you loved your pictures. What a sweet surprise for your DH on Valentine’s Day.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on Kickmax Bootcamp Challenge and Lower Body Trisets and your static hangs from the pullup bar. That is great that you had no pain in your abs, and it is smart to go slowly before you start PUQ again.

So I was going to do a workout this morning but I ran out of workout clothes :rolleyes: since I haven't done laundry in a couple of weeks. Our new washer did come today though and I was so happy. I did laundry so I should be ready to go again tomorrow. I love the washing machine but the drum in so big that I really have to stretch to be able to reach the bottom of the drum. Oh well it is just another way to do more stretching :).

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.