Strength in Numbers

This morning I did Sexy Strength a kettlebell workout by Lauren Brooks. Again the name is the greatest but better than Luscsious and Lean. I think I actually like L&L better but this one wasn’t bad. I don’t have heavy enough kettlebells to do the low reps she does so I just do more reps and rest less.

Pam Great job on Step Blast! Oh how sad that two of the kitties were scared. Great job on TBGS! Hope you had a great lunch with your sister and mom!

Cheryl Yum, hope you got some great goodies at the farmer’s market. Great job on PHA Training! I hope I do get my endurance back quickly. I’m actually nervous about upping my cardio but I have to keep telling myself to take it slow and I’ll be fine.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Oh I love going to the farmers market. I hope you got some goodies. Great job on PHAT!

This morning I did Imax and the abs from Lean legs and abs. I'm not doing a rotation right now because we are leaving for a week in Yellowstone on Saturday, so I'm going to start a rotation when I get home. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on Sexy Strength. She does have quite the names for her workouts. It was mainly fruits and veggies at the Farmers Market which are all fresh and free of pesticides. Keep with the cardio and your endurance will come back fairly quickly.

Pam Mainly fruits and veggies at the Farmers Market. Things taste so much better when they are fresh. Great job on Imax and abs from Lean legs and abs.

This morning was PRS #2. In the afternoon we had to go to the hospital so DH could get a cancerous spot cut off his face. He isn't too happy now as it really hurts since the freezing came out. Tonight I went dragon boating. It was pretty windy out tonight so paddling was a bit tougher.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Julie It looks like our posts crossed yesterday. Great job on sexy strength. My goodness, quite the names!

Cheryl It is amazing how much better fresh foods taste, isn't it? Your poor DH, I hope the pain doesn't last too long. Great job on PRS2 and dragon boating in the wind.

This morning I did the Viper from the Terminator dvd. I like those mashups and had forgotten about them. Have a great day!

Pam

Have a great day.

Cheryl[/QUOTE]

Yesterday was my rest day. This morning I did S&S Ramped Up Upper Body plus I added on the bonus abs! Crazy I know. I’m not fond of the reverse crunch/pilates move as my lower back does not like going that fast between moves so I just keep my knees bent. I had to take a break before the last round of the plank complex but I did it! I am taking tomorrow of work to try to get some things done around the house in preparation of whenever our new couch gets delivered. So no post until Monday.

Pam Great job on Imax and LLA abs! Oh how exciting to go to Yellowstone for a week. Have a great time! That rotation will be waiting for you when you get back. Great job on the Viper! The terminator mashups are pretty good.

Cheryl Great job on PRS2! Oh poor DH! Being on the face has to hurt bad. I hope it heals quickly. Looks like the wind gave you a little extra resistance to train against.

Have a great day!

Pam Great job on Viper. I forgot about those workouts too. I should take a look at them again.

Julie Good work on S&S RUUB plus the bonus abs. Enjoy your long weekend.

Yesterday I did FT Legs, Glutes and Core and then went dragon boating in the evening. This morning I did Hiit DWP. Tonight I was going to go out with another dragon boat team but not enough people showed up to take the boat out. It seems once the season is over people don't come out to practise as much. However where we were they had a large canoe, so we took that out instead. It was fun and a very relaxing paddle.

Have a great day.

Julie Great job on RUUB, and bonus abs! I'm so proud of you for adding on core work :) I don't do that core work very often because there are a couple of moves in there that I find really awkward. I hope you enjoy your day off work.

Cheryl Great job FT Legs, gluten and core and dragon boating. Also on DWP and canning, It's nice that you still got to do something even though you didn't have enough people for your practice. Our oldest son and his girlfriend are going to visit her parents at the beach this weekend and there is some kind of dragon boat event going on. They are going to be paddling on one of the boats even though they have never done it before and her dad is the MC for the event. I thought of you when they were talking about it.

Yesterday morning I went out for a 254 mile bike ride with my friend. It was raining really hard when I was driving to her house and I called her and said I was going to turn around. She talked me into coming anyway because they looked at the radar and it looked like it was moving fast. She was right, by the time we got out there the rain had stopped and it ended up being a really nice ride. This morning I did all of Body Max 2. I usually stop after the power circuits, but I wanted to get some upper body work in before being gone for a week. I hope you gals have a great week!

Pam

Pam Oh wow paddling in a regatta with no experience..... I hope they enjoy it. Let me know how it went and if they enjoyed it. You went on a 254 mile bike ride in one day? Did you mean a 25 mile bike ride? If you did 254 miles that is awesome. Great job on Body Max 2. Enjoy your trip to Yellowstone.

Today I did S&S RUUB and then we went to my parents and shoveled dirt onto all of their garden beds.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

With Friday off it still felt like the weekend flew by. So Friday I did EBE2 Legs. I upped my weights and am still feeling it. After that, I did some cleaning and organizing around the house. Saturday I did RWH Plyo HiiT 1 (with a little extra rest here and there) and then DH and I ran errands the rest of the afternoon. Sunday I did a Strength Training for Fat Loss workout that is really metabolic. Then I was lazy the rest of the day and finished watching the rest of Breaking Bad. Now I need to find a new show to watch on Sundays while DH watches football. This morning I did Cycle Max scrambled. My legs are so sore and it was really a struggle moving them on the bike.

Cheryl Great job on FTA LG&C and dragon boating and then HiiT DWP! Bummer about dragon boating season being over but I am glad you got to have some fun on the canoe. I have never been canoeing but it looks fun. Great job on RUUB plus shovel max! That had to be an extra upper body workout.

Pam I’m with Cheryl … did you mean a 25 mile bike ride? If not, I am super impressed with the 254 mile bike ride. Hats off to you! Great job on BM2! I hope you have a fantastic time!

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on EVE2 Legs, RWH Plyo HiiT 1, Strength Training for Fat Loss and Cycle Max Scrambled. On NetFlix do you look for series that have been around for a while so you can binge watch? There are a lot of good ones on there but some of the ones we watch are only in the first or second season.

Saturday morning I went dragon boating and then again in the afternoon to help out with a learn to paddle program my coaches are doing. Sunday I did Stretch Max segment 3 and then I went to the local farmers market. Today I decided to get back to STS with starting meso 2 disk 13 chest, shoulders and triceps. I had finished meso 1 and then I went to Twist Conditioning for 6 weeks so I hadn't finished the program. Meso 2 is my favorite one of the 3.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night dh and I had appointments to get some suspicious skin spots removed. DH’s was on his stomach and I had two removed from my face. Woke up this morning to two holes in my face. Lovely. I know it needed to be done and will heal but I am glad I am working from home today. I did a Lift Weights Faster workout (metabolic) and will be taking Ozzie to his last chemo treatment soon.

Cheryl Saturday fun with double the dragon boating! Great job on SM3 Sunday and starting Meso 2 with D13! Meso 2 is my favorite meso out of STS. I could do that standalone I love it so much. I prefer to find Netflix or Amazon Prime shows that are done or near completion. I have a couple shows that I am waiting on the next season and I hate that. I love being able to binge watch!

Have a great day!

Julie My DH had a cancerous spot removed from his face a week ago. I hope it heals quickly for you. Great job on your Lift Weights Faster workout.

So this morning I did MMA Fusion. I thought about you Julie when I was doing those turtle spins. We had to take Taylis into the vet again. He isn't doing too well at all. He was dehydrated and has been lethargic as well. He has to stay at the vets to get fluid into him again. He is at the point where his kidneys are failing. We will see how it goes and we may need to make the decision to not let him suffer anymore. I did go dragon boating tonight as I needed to paddle out some stress.

Cheryl

Last night I picked Ozzie up from chemo and they said his lymph nodes are enlarging again. They want to see him in 2 weeks. He has been wheezing and had some labored breathing and difficulty eating the last two days. DH is distraught. I’m hoping the chemo he got yesterday helps buy us a little more time. This morning was my rest day and good thing because I did not sleep well and am exhausted.

Cheryl Great job on MMA Fusion and Turtle Spins!!! I am so sorry about Taylis. It is such a hard decision to make. DH and I are always worried we will do it too early or too late. I’m glad you were able to go dragon boating and release some stress. I’ll be thinking of you.

Have a great day!

Julie I am sorry to hear about Ozzie. It is so hard when they are sick. Today we had to say good bye to Taylis. His kidneys were not functioning well and he had lost over 2 pounds since July and he was a very small cat to begin with. It was a hard decision but we knew it was for the best. I didn't go dragon boating tonight because I polished off a bottle of wine and haven't stopped crying. I will be thinking of you too during this difficult time. They will let you know when it is time.

Cheryl

This morning I did Edge Booty Extreme 2 Upper Body plus Ab Circuits No Equipment.

Cheryl I am so sorry for your loss. I am crying for you because I know it is so difficult to say goodbye even when it is time. It only brings so much comfort to know that he is no longer in pain. It will take a while before you no longer feel the hole in your heart or see him out of the corner of your eye. I’ll be praying for you both to get through this difficult time.

Julie Great job on Edge Booty Extreme 2 Upper Body plus Ab Circuits No Equipment. Thanks Julie, yesterday was a tough day but it is better today. We will miss him so much but we knew we had to let go because he wasn't the same kittie as he was in pain.

So I forgot to say that yesterday morning I did STS disc 14 Legs and this morning I decided just to take a morning off. We did go out to my parents and did some yard work for them and then tonight I went out and went canoeing with a few people.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Total Body Giant Sets Double Leg premix. It is a really good one for legs. Ozzie wasn’t doing so good this morning. He had the runs and didn’t want to eat much. I am going to see if my dad can stop in and see if he wants to eat later.

Cheryl Great job on D14 Legs and your active recovery with yard work and canoeing! How has the weather been for you? We are getting a second summer with temps in the 90s right now. I’m hoping you aren’t having the smoke issues like before.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great work on Total Body Giant Sets Double Leg premix. I hope Ozzie improves. It is so hard when they are sick. The weather has been pretty good here. We have had some rain but overall it has been nice. Our temperatures aren't as high as yours are but it has been in the low 70s. The smoke has now cleared and the forest fires are pretty much under control now. There has been some snow in the higher elevations but it hasn't stuck around so far.

This morning I did STS disc 15 Back and Biceps. Then I got caught up with groceries, laundry and cleaning.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Saturday morning I got a really late start. Friday night our air conditioning stopped working. It is really old and we are planning to replace it next Spring but thought we would get through the rest of this year. Unfortunately we are getting a late summer with 90 degree weather which I think it couldn’t handle anymore. We have a service contract with a company who maintains our A/C and Furnace and we only pay a portion of the parts and labor if something breaks. Luckily instead of having to replace the whole thing it was a part that would normally run $500 but we only had to pay $100. Anyway, it didn’t get fixed until late in the morning but instead of throwing in the towel, I got 30/30 done. After that it was cleaning and running a few errands. Sunday I did Strength Training for Fat Loss and then was lazy the rest of the day. This morning I did Ride.

Cheryl Great job on disc 15 Back and Biceps! That is awesome that the forest firs are getting under control. And that your temps are settling down to a more comfortable degree. Ozzie

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm so so sorry about Taylis. I know your heart is broken.
Julie I hope Ozzie is doing better and the last chemo treatment helped.

Great job on all of the workouts both of you! Our vacation was fun and crazy. The first two days were perfect hiking days in the 60's and sunny. We were at Grand Teton National Park those two days and got some really great hikes in. On our very first hike we had walked off the trail to look at a stream and I turned around and there was a bear about 30 yards away from us. It was a little startling, but we didn't panic and he just sauntered on by. If we had stayed in the trail we would had been about 5 feet from him. On our hike the second day we saw a mamma bear and a cub, but they were a bit farther away. When we got to Yellowstone the first day was a bit snowy and in the 40s so we did more driving around mixed with some shorter hikes. On the second day there we hiked back to a couple of spectacular waterfalls. On the way to the second one we encountered an entire herd of buffalo coming up the path. We tried to go around them in the woods on one side and discovered there were about 20 in the woods over there, we ended up going around through the woods on the other side with a couple of other people. It was pretty scary. Our third day in Yellowstone we went on a couple of longer hikes, but there were no views because it was really foggy. That night the power went out in our room and we woke up in the morning to find that it had snowed over a foot during the night! All of the power was out at the hotel and all roads out were closed. The power came back on around mid morning and everyone was cheering, and then the roads opened shortly after that. As soon as they opened we got out of there and headed back to Jackson Hole. It made for quite the exciting morning. Yesterday I just got caught up on laundry and got the lawn cut and took the kittens to an adoption event. One of them was adopted so now just 2 to go. I did cave and agree to take another one this morning though. He is a little black ball of fur and reminded me of my Shorty when he was a kitten. I'm not sure yet when I will be getting him. This morning I did cardio slam and the abs from cardio and weights. Have a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.