Strength in Numbers

Pam After I posted I went to the rotation forum and noticed that it had been posted. I will start it on Monday. I don't mind barre work though I am not very good at it. Great job on Rhythmic Step.

I didn't get a chance to get a workout in today though I did get some walking in. I had a meeting with my financial adviser downtown this morning and I didn't get up early enough to also get a workout in.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Hopefully the rotation will be loaded into workout manager soon. Great job getting a walk in.

This morning for me was Supersets, one that I have hardly ever done. I really like the fast pace of it, but I have to say it's mostly pretty easy. Except those concentration curls feel like they are never going to end! We have a crazy busy weekend this weekend. Tonight we are going to a friends for dinner, tomorrow afternoon I have a shower to go to and then going out with friends for dinner, and Sunday is the Super Bowl. Then we found out that Doug's sister is coming for the shower, so we are going to do brunch with her on Sunday! have a great day!

Pam

Pam Good work on Supersets. I remember that one being fun but fairly easy. You sure do have a lot going on this weekend. Have fun and I hope the team you are cheering for in the Superbowl wins.

This morning I did PHA. Then we went out and bought a new dishwasher. Our still works but it is getting pretty old. It was here when we moved in 15 years ago and it seemed old then. We wanted to get a new one before this one stopped working.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

I can’t believe it has been so long since I posted. Work is still crazy. I keep thinking this week might be the week things settle down so hopefully I am right this time. I have been working out. I had to look back at my calendar because I couldn’t remember. Tuesday I did TBGS Double Lower Body Premix, Wednesday I helped DH with yoga again, Thursday I did PHAT, Saturday I did EBE2 Upper Body + Hard Strikes Cardio, and Sunday I did EBE2 Weighted Legs + X10 Cardio Blast! That sounds like a lot but I guess it was over 4 days.

Pam Great job on BM step & circuits! It is so hard to fit the full BM workouts in. I could only do it on the weekend. Great job on Great Glutes, RS, and SS! I haven’t done SS in so long. Sounds like you had a busy weekend planned!

Cheryl Great job on S&S TBGS and HiiT 30/30 + CM 1! That is great you have had some nice weather to go for walks. Great job on PHA! Hmmm! I think my dishwasher is about 13 years old and my fridge is 16 years old. I keep thinking we need to replace them soon before they go out on us. The dishwasher I could live with going out (although it would stink hand washing dishes for a while) but I don’t think we could live without our fridge).

Have a great day!

Cheryl Well the team I was cheering for lost, I am not a fan of the Patriots at all, but it was sure an exciting game. Great job on PHA. Your post made me think about our dishwasher being pretty old too. I'm hoping it will hang in there for awhile longer though.

Julie Sorry that work hasn't settled down for you yet. Hopefully this will be the week! You have been doing a great job keeping up with your workouts despite the craziness, it sounds like a lot to me too, even over 4 days! Great job on TBGS Double Lower Body Premix, helpung your DH with yoga, PHAT, Saturday I did EBE2 Upper Body + Hard Strikes Cardio, and Sunday I did EBE2 Weighted Legs + X10 Cardio Blast! Wow!

The weekend flew by with everything going on, but it was a lot of fun despite the Patriots winning! I took Saturday as my rest day. On Sunday I did RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and the leg drills from Lower Body Blast. This morning was a solid cardio of my choice so I did Mindy's extreme intervals. It's half step and half hi-lo. It was a nice change of pace. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Julie I hope things stop being so crazy for you soon. Way to go on TBGS Double Lower Body Premix, PHAT, EBE2 Upper Body and Hard Strikes, EBE2 Weighted Legs and X10 Cardio Blast. Our fridge is 15 years old now too and I hope it will last for a few more years.

Pam Sorry that your team didn't win. It looked like they would win in the first half though. Good job on RWH Plyo Hiit 1 and the leg drills from Lower Body Blast and Mindy's extreme intervals this morning.

So Saturday I did Yoga Max and then did some snow shoveling. Yep it is snowing like crazy here again :mad:. Sunday I did Rhythmic Step and more snow shoveling. In the afternoon I went to a indoor dragon boat training session at the Olympic Oval where the speed skating and curling was held during the 2010 Olympics. The coach trains our national dragon boat teams and she was really good. I learned a lot and can't wait for out boat to be back in the water so I can practice what I learned. They were suppose to go back in the water this past weekend but with the snow it has been postponed. This morning I did Supersets. It had been so long since I had done that one that it felt like a brand new workout. And then more shoveling.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Max, Shovel max and Rhythmic step! I can't believe you are getting so much snow. Hopefully it is almost done! That's a bummer that you had to delay getting the boats in the water, but I don't think I would want to be out there in the snow. Pretty cool that you got to go to a training session with such a great coach!

This morning for me was Muscle Max. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam It has been one of those winters where we have had a lot of snow. Usually I don't even need to pull out the snow shovel for the whole winter. It is suppose to be another ugly day tomorrow and then it is suppose to warm up and rain :rolleyes:. Great job on Muscle Max.

This morning was RWH Plyo 1. All those burpees are killers.

Have great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl We have had just the opposite of you this winter. A lot of 70+ degree days. Yesterday and today are both in the 70s. Then we'll have a 40 degree day in the middle. It has been really wacky. I prefer this to the snow though. Hopefully that means that you are due for some mild winters though. You are definitely getting bonus workouts in with all of the shoveling though. At least the rain will melt the snow.....o_O Great job on RWH Plyo 1. I think I might get more out of breath with that one than any other workout. The burpees just do me in!

This morning for me was PRS 1. I did the Step Mix premix which has 3 combos from the regular workout and 3 of the bonus combos. I have found that I really like the bonus combos on that one. The only problem with the premix is that she still does the finished product from the regular workout at the end, so I'm stepping all over myself for the combos that I didn't practice. Have a great day!

Pam

Sorry for the late post. I was really trying to do better this week. Monday I did the floor only premix from Cardio Slam. Had I remembered how many power scissors and split jumps there were, I may have chosen differently. After that I did yoga with DH. Tuesday I did Great Glutes. I used heavier weights and really noticed a difference.

Pam Great job on RWH Plyo 1 & LBB Leg Drills! I think the majority of the people watching the super bowl was upset that the Patriots won. Great job on Mindy’s Extreme Intervals, Muscle Max, and PRS 1 even with all the stepping over yourself!

Cheryl Great job on YM and SnowMax! We have gotten very little snow this winter. It is snowing today but that is only the 3rd time maybe and it has not stuck. To clarify, I am not complaining! Great job on RS! That sounds like a really cool experience with the indoor dragon training session. Plus you can’t get better tips than from Olympic coaches. Great job on Supersets and RWH Plyo 1!

Have a great day!

Pam Right now I would love to have your 70 degree weather without the 40 degree day in the middle :p. We are going to get rain now but it will sure make a mess of things with all the snow we have already. Good job on PRS 1 Step Mix premix. I haven't tried the bonus combos in that workout. Maybe I will give it a try.

Julie I understand the crazy week that you are having, post when you are able to. Great job on the floor only premix from Cardio Slam. There are a lot of power scissors and split jumps. Good work on Great Glutes and helping DH with yoga. We must be getting your snow instead and you are getting our green winter :confused:.

This morning I did the leg drills from Lower Body Blast and then I did Yoga Relax. After that I went grocery shopping and everyone seemed to be there. We have a nasty storm rolling in tonight and I guess everyone wanted to be prepared for it. In the afternoon I went for a walk even though it was snowing out. I didn't feel like sitting around inside. There were only a couple of other people on the trail through the park that I saw.

Cheryl

I didn't et to work out last night. I had to work a little late for a meeting that went long. We ended up getting 3 inches of snow when they said only 1; so the roads were a little slick coming home. I did do yoga with DH. I guess then I can’t say I didn’t do a workout but this yoga is really more about relaxing into the stretches which makes me feel like it is not a “workout”. It is weird but I noticed last night I was ravenous. This is something I notice on the days I don’t do a traditional workout. When I do a workout, my hunger seems to be a normal level but when I don’t workout, I want to eat everything in sight.

Cheryl Great job on LBB Leg Drills and YR! We always joke around here that when a storm is coming you have to go to the grocery store and buy bread and milk. Not sure why that is all anyone would buy but that is the running joke. Your walk sounds peaceful! I hope the storm wasn’t too bad.

Have a great day!

Julie No worries about posting late. Post when you can, obviously work has a higher priority! Great job on Cardio slam. I think I need to do that one again, I have only done it once. Great job on yoga and GG with heavier weights!

Cheryl Yea, I'm ok with the winter we are having, especially because we have had so many really nice days. Last night we had a huge thunderstorm in the middle of the night though and today it is really really windy and only supposed to be about 50 degrees. Great job on LBB leg drills and YR. I skipped YR when that was on the calendar :oops: and combined the leg drills with Plyo Hiit 1 the day before. I hate going to the grocery store when it is so packed like that. Good for you for getting out and walking despite the snow!

Julie Great job on yoga. I really don't count yoga as a workout either. I think I need to figure out how to change my mindset on that because I need it so badly! I hate those days when I want to eat everything in sight! Interesting that it happens on the days when you don't work out. Hmmmmm, I guess there is something to that exercise curbing your appetite. You would think it would be the opposite!

This morning was supposed to be push and pull but I don't have that workout so I did Total Body Giant sets instead. It's only the second time I've done it and I remember my legs feeling it the next day the last time. I feel like it could do with one less round of legs and more upper body work, but I like it. Then I added on Core 1 from XTrain because I'm not a fan of the core work on S&S. I was a little bummed this morning when I realized that it is Thursday and not Friday, although I should be glad because I have a lot of work to get done! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I do yoga quite a bit but I don't feel like it is a workout either, that is why I usually do it on my off day. Well we still have more snow than you even with all the rain we had today. I am very ready for spring. Good for you in doing yoga to help out DH. Weird about you being so hungry when you don't do a traditional workout.

Pam I will take the 50 degrees, it is above freezing here now but not by much. Good job on S&S TBGS and core 1 from XTrain. I like TBGS too. Bummer that it wasn't Friday today for you. Only one more day to go though :D.

This morning I did Low Impact Challenge. I did better at the moves than the last time I did it. Later that morning my neighbour called and asked if I could take their dog out for a walk. Both her husband and son were at work and she is fighting off the flu. So I took him for a walk in the pouring rain and all the slush. He wanted to go back home right after he pooped but I made him walk for a bit to get some exercise in. It is very wet now with some flooding because all of the drains are covered in snow. Some of the highways were closed because they were too dangerous to drive. Hopefully tomorrow will not be so wet. Oh and Kate Winslet is filming a movie here and the last couple of days they have been filming at the hospital across the street from us. I was wondering what the movie trucks were doing just down the road.

http://www.whatsfilming.ca/2016/12/13/the-mountain-us-fatal-vision-currently-filming-vancouver/

Cheryl

Last edited:
Last night I did Live Trisets Legs. I have done this one before and love it still. You can really heavy up on this one. I am so ready for the weekend. I am going to try to not bring work home with me but we will see how the day turns out.

Pam Great job on TBGS + XT Core 1! My legs felt after the first time too but I didn’t feel them as much the 2nd time and that time I did double lower body. That’s funny! I actually feel like there should be less upper body in that one. That is a bummer to be a day behind in your mind. Well today is Friday and hopefully you got a lot done.

Cheryl Great job n LIC! I think I have done that one once and found it difficult to follow. Haven’t given it a second chance though. That was nice of you to take your neighbor’s dog for a walk especially in the rain. Stay safe, dry, and warm with the weather you are having. I think it is so neat how much they film in your area. Do you get to see the celebrities often?

Have a great day!

Cheryl Yes, I can't complain much about 50 degrees in February. But you know how it goes - I can't complain but sometimes I still do! :D Great job on LIC. Is that the original or the one from the Low Impact series. I have done the original a lot, I don't even remember the LI series one! You are such a good neighbor taking their dog out for a walk in the rain, your weather sounds absolutely miserable right now. I sure hope it improves soon. That must be so cool getting to see movies being filmed right there and then seeing the movie with places you are so familiar with!

Julie Great job on Live Trisets Legs. I hope you don't have to bring work home. I probably should be doing some work this weekend too, but I most likely won't! o_O My legs are feeling fine this morning after TBGS too, that's weird. I didn't do the double lower body version, wow! I felt like it had so much lower body already!

This morning I was supposed to do Hiit P but I did 30/30 instead because I like it better. I'm so glad it's Friday! Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Julie Great job on Trisets Legs. I hope you didn't need to bring work home with you. Funny on how many film sets I have walked by and how much is filmed around us I have never seen a celebrity at all. I know people who have run into people like Matt Damon but not me :(.

Pam Yes LIC is the original from the Low Impact Series. Great work on 30/30.

This morning I was so tired that I decided to take the day off. I don't know why I was so tired but it might be the weather that is getting to me. I did take our neighbours dog out for a walk again today though. At least it wasn't raining when we went out and I did take him for a 45 minute walk so we both got some exercise.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl It sounds like you needed the rest day, but great job getting some exercise in anyway with your walk!

This morning for me was Turbo Barre. I didn't remember that there was so much upper body work in it. I have to say it went by really fast too. I did have to stop early a couple of times though because my legs were shaking. I definitely wasn't getting my legs up there as high as Cathe and the crew were. Ouch, I think I will be feeling this one tomorrow! Have a great day!

Pam

I'm still here and withstanding all the storms that come our way. We have a choice. We can stay at the Beach House with potty problems, but doable, or we can stay in Shelton with 9" of snow. I prefer BH, to me it's safer. But hard to get excited about working out in these conditions. Don't have a bath, so have to sponge bath most of the time. Oh well...

I see everyone is doing beautifully and exercising. Very proud of all of you.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Pam Great work on Turbo Barre. I can't get my legs as high as Cathe and the gang either and I do need to take some breaks as well. I know I have this one coming up this week.

Janie Glad that you are withstanding all the storms that are coming your way. We are getting our share but it sounds like you guys are getting it worse than us. It would be hard to workout when you don't have a bath. Don't worry spring is getting closer.

This morning I did some stretching with the BOSU.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.