Strength in Numbers

Saturday I did Afterburn Double Trouble. I have a love/hate relationship with that premix. I love that it breaks up the exercises so you get a break and it seems to go faster but I hate that it spreads out the exercises so you don’t get the icky ones done and out of the way. I guess I can’t have it both ways. After that DH and I ran some errands and did chores around the house. Sunday was Total Body Trisets and then being lazy the rest of the day. I have a feeling I am going to be sore today.

Pam Great job on XT Legs! Hope you had a great weekend with no plans! Those are the kind of weekends I love.

Cheryl Great job on LLA! That’s exciting that you won two tickets to ladies’ night. Did you get anything yummy?

Janie Great job on Step Jam! Modifications are great.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on LLA and you were all dolled up for ladies night ;), sounds like fun. I hope you enjoyed the women's show.

Janie Great job on step jam. I just love a good old steady state step workout!

Julie Great job on AB double trouble. I have mixed feelings about that pre-mix too. Its a little faster than the regular one, but that's because all of the breaks are gone. I'm also the same way about not getting the icky combos out of the way. Great job on TBT, I hope you aren't too sore.

Saturday was Pyramid Upper body. I modified the planks, but I was able to get through them all without stopping so I felt accomplished. Then I spent the rest of the day working at my mothers. I have gotten to the point that I'm scheduling a garage sale for this coming weekend and am going to get some contractors over there to give me some prices on the work that needs to be done. Sunday was my rest day and I was a cleaning machine. I did a really thorough cleaning of my stove, polished all of the silver and cleaned my mothers house. I also did some fall decorating around the house. It was a very productive weekend. This morning was Hardstrikes and the wonderful su/pu combo, At least there are only 6 rounds in that one. I also did the premix with core 1, so my abs got quite the workout. Happy Monday everyone!

Pam

Janie Good job on your Step Jam format workout.

Julie Good work on Afteburn Double Trouble. I have never done that premix, I should try it one of these days. Well I didn't get anything too yummy, but they did have some kombusha that is made locally and that was really good so I bought some of that. They did give out lots of samples of organic skin care though.

Pam Good job on Pyramid Upper Body and getting through all of the planks without stopping. For having nothing planned this weekend you sure did get a lot done. Good work on Hardstikes too.

So Saturday I left at 8:30am to pick up my friends and get to the West Coast Woman's Show. It had lots of vendors selling food products, makeup, home renos, fitness you name it. We spent hours there and I didn't get home until 5:30pm. Sunday I was pretty pooped still so I only did segment 1 of Stretch Max, though I did clean up lots of leaves since it wasn't raining out. This morning was Rockout Knockout.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Today's (Mon.) workout was:
Low Impact Step: This 40 minute, beginner to intermediate, low impact step routine doing intense low impact step choreography mixed with challenging low impact blasts. I used only the step and no risers. And my heart rate remained in its training zone for the duration of the workout.

Julie, Great job on Sat. Afterburn Double Trouble and chores around the house. Also for Sun. TBT. I have a feeling you will be sore too. Good job.

Pam, Great job on Sat. PUB. My middle name is modification, because it has it's place for sure. So worth doing. Also for working at your moms. Wow! You are Super Housecleaning meanie ac ! That's a lot of work and some much more ahead of you this weekend. Stay hydrated. Great job also on Hardstrikes and the su/pu combo. And the premix with core 1.

Cheryl, Sat. was a very long day for you! Also for doing a segment of SM and cleaning up leaves. Also for doing Rockout Knockout. Good job!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I ended up having to stay late at work for a meeting so I got home about 90 minutes after my normal time. I didn’t do a workout since I got home so late.

Pam Great job on PUB and getting through the planks! Sounds like you are making good progress on your mom’s house. Although Sunday does not sound like much of a rest day. I guess it was active rest with all that cleaning and decorating. Great job on HS with the su/pu combo and the added core. You are crazy with adding the core on to things!

Cheryl Sounds like you had a blast at the Woman’s Show if you spent that long there. Great job on getting SM 1 in on Sunday and raking leaves can definitely be a workout. Great job on RK!

Janie Great job on LIS! Step workouts even with no risers are very good at raising the hear rate.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, that was a long day you had on Saturday. It sounds like it was a lot of fun though. Did you get anything or get any good ideas? I think it was a good idea to take it easy on Sunday, although cleaning up leaves it usually pretty tough. Great job on SM and RK.

Janie Great job on LIS. I am so proud of how you have really been sticking it out, How are you feeling?

Julie I consider a rest day a day that I don't do any formal workout :) My belly is my trouble spot so I feel like I need to keep up with the ab work. Plus I'm weird in that I like to do ab work :rolleyes: I was questioning myself though after the su/pu combo!

This morning was supposed to be Pedal power but I subbed Step Blast. That seems to be my go to when I'm not sure what I want to do. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Janie Good job on you Low Impact Step workout and keeping your heart rate in your training zone.

Julie Bummer that you got home late yesterday. That is always annoying especially when you have to miss your workout.

Pam I did pick up some homemade soap and a huge jar of raw honey and we did some cheese tasting too. Good work on Step Blast. That is always a fun one to do.

This morning was Step Moves and then I went downtown to meet up with a few people. As dragon boating is over for Tuesday nights someone on our team organized a trial at a fitness place near us called 30 Minute Hit. It is a 30 minute boxing circuit and wow it sure does make a difference when you are actually hitting something than just pretending. You really use your core too so I will see how mine is doing tomorrow. A few people signed up but it is a bit pricey so I don't think I will be doing it since I have my own workout room at home and all of my Cathe DVDs.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH Circuit Lower Body! It was fun and went by so fast. I actually surprised myself and was able to keep up with Cathe’s weight and didn’t need to pause. I only used 1 riser though so there was definitely modifying going on.

Pam Great job on Step Blast! I understand. My trouble zone is my legs. I think that is why I love doing leg workouts 3 times a week and spinning. I imagine the fat just spinning off my legs.

Cheryl Great job on Step Moves! That is awesome you got to try boxing out with a bag. I would love to get a bag but no room. It would be cool if you guys could keep up meeting during the offseason and trying new things like that out together.

Have a great day!

Cheryl The soap, honey, and cheese all sound really good. Great job on Step Moves and your boxing circuit. I have never tried actually hitting a bag, I bet it makes a huge difference!

Julie Great job on RWH CLB with no pauses! I always feel so accomplished when I can keep up with Cathe's weights. Wouldn't it be nice if our fat cooperated and just spun off?! :D It seems like it should.

This morning was supposed to be Muscle Max, but our ancient TV decided to quit working this morning. I got my computer and it wouldn't play any of my dvds :confused:, so I ended up doing Total Body Trisets upper body circuit since I had it on my computer already. My dryer quit working on Monday, so now I'm waiting to see what the third thing will be since they say these things always happen in threes....:rolleyes: Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good work on RWH Circuit Lower Body and being able to keep up with Cathe's weight.

Pam Good job on Total Body Trisets. Bummer that your TV crapped out on you. Hopefully a third appliance won't quit working on you.

This morning for me it was High Reps. One that I hadn't done in a while.

Cheryl

Tues. I did Total Body Sculpting. And today I did half of Low Impact step. My legs felt like rubber.

Julie, Great job on RWH Circuit Lower Body and for keeping up with Cathe's weight and no pausing. YeH!!!!!!! You did good even with one riser.

Pam, Great job ending up doing TBT upper body circuit. Be positive and there will not be a 3rd thing.

Cheryl, Great job on High Reps. You have a great day too.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night was RWH Circuit Upper Body. Good quick workout. Not as a heavy on the upper body as it is on cardio hiit and lower body but it got the job done. Man this week feels like it is taking forever. I feel like it should be Friday already.

Pam Great job on TBT UB! You had quite an eventful time trying to get your workout in. You are good for sticking with it. I might have given up. Let’s hope the 3rd thing is something small like running out of paper towels.

Cheryl Great job on High Reps! I haven’t done that one in forever either.

Janie Great job on TBS and half of LIS! Sometimes that rubber feeling is nice. Sometimes not so much!

Have a great day!

Cheryl Well it turns out the second appliance didn't really crap out either, I'll explain shortly :D Great job on High Reps. I had completely forgotten about that one. Seems like it doesn't make it into too many rotations either.

Janie Great job on TBS and LIS. Hope those rubber legs are doing better :)

Julie Great jo on RWH CUP. I agree with you on this week dragging. I remember waking up on Tuesday and not being able to believe it was only Tuesday! I almost gave up on the workout yesterday morning, but I was up and dressed so I was determined!

So last night I asked my DH if he would mind if I take the TV out of the living room upstairs to use for my workouts since the TV up there stopped working and we never watch TV in the living room. He carried it up there for me to hook it up and we were moving the big giant one out of the way to set it up and discovered that the TV upstairs was unplugged o_O. My cleaning people had been here on Tuesday and they must have moved it to vaccuum or something and it came unplugged :p. So I'm back in business with the big giant TV. Of course DH then got to carry the other TV back downstairs and set it back up, but he was a good sport about it. This morning I was back to the roation with AOLIH and stability ball abs. It was supposed to be yoga abs, but I don't like that one so I subbed it out. I was also happy to see that the workout I ended up doing yesterday was already in this weeks rotation, so I just swapped the two days in the calendar. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Janie Great job on Total Body Sculpting and half of Low Impact Step.

Julie Good work on RWH Circuit Upper Body. The week seems to be dragging for me too and I don't work :confused:. Today felt like Friday to me.

Pam Too funny about the TV. Nice that you have cleaning people. I guess you will know if it happens again to check to see if it is unplugged. Good job on AOLIH and Stability Ball Abs.

This morning was Hiit 30/30 and Pilate Abs. Then I got all of the housework done. Tonight I had to feed our friends dog because they were both working late. I had to take her out to pee too and that was a challenge. It was really raining out and she did not want to go outside to pee. I finally coaxed her out with treats but even then it took a bit for her to go.

Cheryl

Thanks everyone. So busy today didn't get a chance to workout. I need someone to manage my time. My days disappear on me.

Janie

Last night I did Live Legs on Fire! And they were. I could really feel it even after it was done for about an hour or so. So far today, no DOMS but it is still early. We shall see as the afternoon comes what happens. I would say this has been one of my favorite legs. So happy for the weekend. I am grocery shopping tonight and buying Halloween candy. I hope it makes it through the weekend.

Pam That is too funny about the tv being unplugged. Good thing your DH was good about it. I would have laughed. Great job on AOLIH plus sb abs! I remember not liking the yoga and pilates abs that much either. Well for as much as I can like abs anyway.

Cheryl Great job on 30/30 and pilates abs! Oh yes most dogs do not like to go outside in the rain if they are an inside dog. I have had to shove mine outside before and then they just stare at me through the sliding glass door getting wet. I am inside yelling at them to just pee alreay.

Janie We all have those days. You will get back to it. Besides you need a break now and then. I always wish for just 4 more hours in the day to be able to get more done.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl My TV experience reminded me of the funny calls about people calling the computer helpdesk! I was so happy when I got cleaning people. I used to spend a day of every weekend cleaning. I'm sure that is a luxury I will have to give up when I retire, but it is wonderful now! Great job on 30/30, pilates abs and clean max. That is funny about the neighbors dog, I can't blame her though! I wouldn't want to pee in the rain either :D

Janie I hear ya about days disappearing. I hope you were doing something fun!

Julie Great job on Live Legs on Fire! It sounds like a doozy! I hope your legs hold up for you today! I made the mistake of buying Halloween candy earlier this week, so of course we have already been eating it. :rolleyes: I will probably have to buy more before Halloween. I also always buy too much because I worry about running out. The kids that come late get handfuls because I am trying to get rid of it!

This morning was Great Glutes. That one goes by pretty quickly for me, although she does go a little crazy with the hydrants and pizza presses at the end. Happy Friday everyone, it's going to be in the 80's here this weekend! :D

Pam

Janie Don't worry about missing a workout, it happens. It is amazing that the days still disappear even though we are retired. You will get back on track.

Julie Great job on Live Legs on Fire. It sounds like it lived up to its name. I bought Halloween candy a while ago and so far we haven't touched it. I am hoping that we get the 300 kids that I have bought for and there isn't much left over. Unfortunately I was outside too trying to coax her to pee. I don't blame her though it was really raining out.

Pam Cleaning does take time but at least if you are retired you do have the time (sometimes). It is amazing at what you can find to do besides housework. See how it goes maybe you will be able to keep the cleaning people. Way to go on Great Glutes. Yep the hydrants and pizza presses seem to go on forever. Lucky you that it will be in the 80s. It is no where near that warm here now.

This morning was Cardio Leg Blast. That one seems to go by fast. In the afternoon I cleaned up a lot of leaves. At least the tree is now pretty much bare now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Made chicken bone stock, and baked until my back hurt so much I could barely walk. Made 16 pizza's and froze them. My back tonight is good. Will try exercising tomorrow. Looking forward on getting back on track.

Cheryl, Great job on LB. And for cleaning up leaves.

Julie, Great job on Legs on Fire, live. I bet they were! We don't have kids in our neighborhood, so, thank goodness for that, otherwise I would have eaten stuff.

Pam, Great job on GG. 80's? What? Enjoy the weather!

Take care everyone,

Janie

This weekend seemed to fly by especially yesterday for some reason. Saturday I did a workout blender creation I made of the ICE MM. It had all of 5 back, 4 chest, 3 shoulder, 4 triceps, and 3 biceps exercises. I added the PUB warmup and cooldown and it clocked in around 67 minutes. After that I went to my mom’s and shampooed her carpet in her basement including her stairs. After that was housework at my house. Sunday I decided to do Edge Booty Extreme 2 Weighted Legs. That is one tough workout but I love/hate it. After that it was lazy day Sunday binge watching Netflix. My Halloween candy actually lasted through the weekend. I only ate a few pieces out of it. Now to get rid of it all tonight!

Pam Great job on Great Glutes! Wow you had a super nice weather weekend. We were in the 70s on Saturday but down into the 50s on Sunday and back into the 70s tomorrow. I hate the crazy up and down. I bet there are certain kids that intentionally start later because they know about those of us trying to get rid of our candy towards the end.

Cheryl Great job on Cardio Leg Blast and LeavesMax! I couldn’t imagine getting 300 kids. We barely get 50 I think. I always end up buying too much because some years we seem to get more than others. I think the weather and what day of the week it is on make a big difference.

Janie Oh wow, you were a cooking machine. I am glad you back is better. Pizza is my favorite. I could eat it every day I think. Homemade is the best too.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.